Westinghouse Upright WRB Series

6 questions from our users

Colin S
Colin Sasked
501L Upright WRB5004WC (White)

My fridge is just 3 years old and it appears to be running both compressor and internal fan but it is not getting cold the thermal overload has been replaced please advise Colin

Jacquiasked
355L Upright WRB3504 Series

Please can you advise whether the dimensions include all protruding pieces like handles, chiller piece behind fridge etc? My current Westinghouse said the width was 626mm but is actually nearer 660mm. I have a confined space and need to ensure the measurements are accurate.

Also how much space should I allow around this model for air circulation? My current one says 3cm each side, 5cm behind fridge and 9cm above fridge.

Rosa
Rosaasked
501L Upright WRB5004SC (Stainless Steel)

The door has dropped a little. Can this be fixed? Can I do myself or do I need a service person. The fridge is not even 2 years old
Rosa

Karen L
Karen Lasked
501L Upright WRB5004WC (White)

Help the door alarm is going off for over an hour now. Have read and applied all the troubleshooting methods in the book have tried some online tips. Nothing. Beep. Friggin beep. Am home sick from work with a headache. About to kill this fridge it’s one week old. Tried to call the 1300 number sat on hold for 30 mins. Grrrrrr. Any one know how to stop 5ge beep

RobynS
RobynS

Have you completely closed the door, or does the fridge think it's properly closed? Is there a small power cord (eg phone charging cable) hanging in the seal?
Perhaps the sensor inside has gotten stuck somehow and it thinks the door is still open? Maybe have a look at that to see if it's working properly and that it registers that the door is in fact opening & closing?
If all else fails you can always unplug the fridge...at least it won't beep then! But your food won't stay cold, either...! Perhaps just unplug it for an hour at a time...
Anyway, good luck. If it's something that's fried electrically that's causing it to beep incessantly then I suggest you wear earplugs or earmuffs inside until it's fixed!

Frank
Frankasked
501L Upright WRB5004WC (White)

I have the model WRB5004wa very pleased but seems like it runs quite often. Example in middle of night with no one opening or closing. Any suggestion?

Rupert
Rupert

Frank, thanks for the question. I wouldn't be to concerned about that, as it's my understanding that fridges and freezers cycle on and off all the time, 24/7. My noisy 15 year old fisher and paykel freezer sure does . I put a Aldi fridge/ freezer temp gauge inside the big Westinghouse to get the 3 degrees I wanted and it has the light scale indicators showing 2 and a half led lights luminated ( meaning two brightly lit and the third less so). I would think the ambient temperature in the room has a huge bearing on how hard the fridge works, you know if the rooms warm the fridge will work to keep temp inside right. Also I find that good fridges of any size can start freezing tucker if turned up to high. So relax and grab another beer you deserve it.

See ya
Rick

Jacquiasked
501L Upright WRB5004 Series

I just had a brand new Westinghouse single door fridge delivered this pm. The lights are on but it's not working. Is NOT getting cold. Model WRB500WAX 500L.
Can you please advise urgently?

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi,
If this matter is still not resolved please contact Customer Care on customercare@electrolux.com.au.

Kind Regards
Sylvia
Customer Care

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse Upright WRB Series