Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

WVE615S and WVE615W

Good entry level oven

This oven is a good price for an entry level appliance. It is easy to use and has varying settings for your cooking needs. It’s not too noisy, distributes heat well and matches lots of kitchen decor.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $617.00.

Letter come off

It's been 2 years and all letter printed on side to indicate high and low are come off. They are of poor quality and my agent is asking to reprint which costing 150 bucks. Don’t stay in a house if there is Westinghouse electric cooktop. I have taken care of it very well and need to give penalty for that. Really bad experience.

Purchased in August 2017 for $799.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily

I Hate this oven

This oven is now almost 4 years old. I messed up first time I used it and lined the bottom with foil to protect it. Big mistake. Foil melted on and nothing gets it off...nothing. It has not worked well ever. Stuff burns on the outside and is uncooked on the inside. Everything takes way longer than it should to cook. I dont know if it is because of the melted foil but I have had enough and will never buy this brand again. The warning not to put anything on the bottom is tiny and hidden in the hinge area at the bottom so if its wall mounted and you are short you cant see it. Should have a warning stuck to the inside of the door that you remove when you buy it. I would have at least been able to see that.

Purchased in October 2015.

Product is used: Several times a week

Efficient and easy to use

I have had this oven in my brand new house for 3 months now. I love the easy-to-use cooking categories that help me to decide on the best mode. It can also be used simply by selecting a temperature as well.

Good oven for the standard baker

The oven looks modern and sleek when installed. I feel that the temperature is a bit lower to the actual temperature as when following recipe times and temperature settings, it always takes longer in way of cook time with this oven so I suggest you bump up the temperature by 5 to 10 degrees. Ten months into using the oven the fan inside started to make loud horrible grinding noises. Contacted support and the technician came prepared with a new fan. After installation the noises were gone. Apparently the grinding is common in this model and you just need to install a slightly smaller fan. Luckily I was still under warranty when this happened. The timer is a bit flimsy and not easy to use but you get use to it. Otherwise, it's a good oven I use every week for cooking and baking.

Purchased in February 2018.

Safety
Product is used: Several times a week

Good solid oven. Nothing fancy. Just how I like it.

When we renovated our kitchen I wanted something built in with an in-oven grill. Nothing fancy because, to be honest, I’m a terrible cook. BUT I do love three main features - the oven turns itself off when the timer finishes, the keep warm option and it’s easy to clean - all essential for people who have a lot going on at home! Plus it looks good!

If you ask my husband though, he’d say he loves that the oven is a good size, the in-oven grill for crisping up our pork crackle, cooks evenly and easy to use functionality. All thumbs up from this household.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent general purpose oven

My partner was looking for an oven that heated evenly but didn't have all the fancy electronic features that she will never use. The salesman at Betta Electrical Moorabbin recommended this oven over the fancy and expensive Euro brands. Oven was easy to install and it performs magnificently. Scones come out with every one evenly cooked. The thermostat is accurate, the window is large and the light is bright. Does everything an oven should with no downsides at all. Recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great easy to use oven

This is an easy to use fan forced oven, heats well, looks good, I have not had any issues with it at all. I have always found Westinghouse to be a reliable brand and when it comes time to upgrade this oven I would buy another from the Westinghouse range.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great oven

Fantastic oven cooks evenly, heats quickly, seals perfectly .
No leaks just the cooling fan exhausts through the gap between the control panel and top of door so some may thinks it doesn't seal.
Can be wired to 15 amp or get a 15 amp plug fitted. Very good oven, beats any euro or other cheapie oven

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Basic and easy to use

Had this product installed earlier 2018. Haven’t had an issue at all. Preheats quickly and cooks evenly. I don’t like that I can’t change the clock from 24 hr time to 12 hr time. I like that the oven switches off once the timer is finished as I can often be busy with kids.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very nice range at a good price

The range is clean, unobtrusive and intuitive (I haven't had to crack the manual open yet). Having the knobs and display panel on the front of the range is new for me and I love it. I keep burning everything because I am so used to having an old ill-performing range. Now, food actually cooks in the time stated in my recipes. Excellent value.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Just amazing

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.
The features and the design suits our family and is big enough for a big family meal. Parties or any function you might have..
The food is cooked evenly and the roasts are to die for I have actually now changed my rangehood and cooktop to Westinghouse

Date PurchasedJan 2017

awesome oven love this

This oven cooks every think perfectly. Cakes come out perfectly soft and moist pizzas crispy the fingerprint less stainless steel is amazing I never have to clean the outside of it. the touch screen display an timer is extremely easy to use I would be lost without this oven and cooktop

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Panel Gets extremely HOT

Haven't used it yet I am bit apprehensive to. When we heated oven up as per manual for first time, oven cooled down, door cooled but panel above is Extremely Hot. Is this normal? Should I report it and to who? I consider this to be very dangerous. I actually went for an oven with a door which does not get hot, didn't think to ask about panel above door!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just updated my oven to a Westinghouse and it's a excellent oven. It's brightly lit and has a large capacity. It heats up beautifully and meals are delicious, cooks evenly. Very impressed with the purchase at a great price too. Would highly recommend this lovely Aussie made product over the expensive European brands any day.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Broke within months

Purchased in March 2018. The fan broke in July. So it only worked for a few months, and it was only used a dozen times or less in that period.

Tried contacted customer service via email and no response. Tried calling and you just stay on hold forever being told that all the customer support reps are busy. This has to be some breach of consumer law - not being able to contact Electrolux/Westinghouse to get this fixed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great size

I decided to get two Westinghouse ovens. Side by side. Better for cooking and electricity than one extra large oven. I love that the door comes off for easy cleaning. I love the amount of shelves inside and I can have aselerate griller to cook with. Always choose this brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

We love our new oven

We recently purchased this oven after being talked into it by the salesman (we were going to buy the Bosch). We are now so glad we did, the Westinghouse oven has been perfect so far. It roasts evenly, heats up quickly & is very quiet compared to our old oven (Andy brand).
We would highly recommend !!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great oven, great price.

It has all the functions necessary, and is very easy to use.
It heats up quickly and cooks your food evenly, what more do you need in an oven.
I love the double layer glass making it cool to touch and a bit less stressful with little hands around as well as the auto off when the timer goes.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent value; simple to operate; exceeded expectations

As I write this we've been using the oven daily for 9 months. It's performed better than we expected. We've used it to bake cakes, muffins, pies, biscuits and scones; roast vegies (we don't eat meat); cook pizza and to prepare oven-baked frozen potato chips.
The temperature control seems accurate and consistent. We've had many satisfying results with cakes and puff-pastries, something the previous oven was never able to deliver. We were accustomed to frequently rotating the food during cooking/baking. This is not something we need to do as much.
Visibility really is superb: the bright interior light and the door's full-width glass panel make it easy to see the progress of cooking without the need to constantly open the door.
The double-glazed door design really does keep the exterior surface cool. It also has an unexpected drawback. It is all-too-easy for minor drips and dribbles from food prepared on the cooktop to find its way through the ventillation slots across the top edge of the door. This means that all four glass surfaces require cleaning. Fortunately the interior glass panel is easily removed to facillitate this.
Keeping the oven interior clean has proven easy. The fittings are easily removed and re-fitted. They comfortably fit in our dish washer.
Fan noise while the oven is in operation is acceptably low. I've never experienced my hair being blown around as observed by another reviewer.
Installation was simple. We had an electrician fit a cord to connect it to the existing under-bench 15A outlet. The oven is supplied with two plastic bushings and 3 pairs of screws of different sizes, shapes and threads. The sparky used the "silver" pan-head screws to secure the clamp on the electrical cable.
The installation guide suggests using the "long black screws" through the holes either side of the top of the door. These holes are counter-sunk and sit over 18mm timber. I used the short (15mm) countersunk timber screws in these locations. The longer (30mm) truss-head screws are combined with the plastic bushings and are intended to be driven vertically through holes in the lower door sill.
We chose this oven because it fit our budget (<$2k), was given a high score (84%) in last year's Choice survey and received more-or-less positive online reviews. The price we paid included delivery and disposal of the old oven. So far, we've had no regrets.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hi, for the last couple of weeks we are getting a rattling sound when we turn on. See there are many complaints about this and that it is a fault with some units. Would appreciate your advice. Thankyou, Chris

Reading the above issues I have second thoughts ....I was going to install it in my rental property where the kitchen is small and the tenant has 4 children under the age of 9. Pls someone respond special about the heating up of knobs and hot air venting into the kitchen after use. My tenant uses her oven most days twice a day. Pls reply quickly so I can go looking for another brand over the weekend. Thanks.
I think the knobs would be out of reach of small children and they don’t get hot, even after quite a lot of cooking time. Some hot air does vent into the kitchen but I think this happens with most ovens.Raepat thanks for reply........why are there multiple concerns expressed over this issue. The knobs don't heat but the panel on which the knobs sits does. Why. Do you have it installed in your kitchen.

How so I put the oven door back on when one of the hinges is in the "closed" position and won't budge??

Westinghouse WVE615SWestinghouse WVE615W
SizeSingleSingle
Capacity80L80L
Colour / Finish Stainless steelWhite
Dimensions 595 x 596 x 568 mm595 x 596 x 568 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJun 2015Jun 2015