Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

WVE615S and WVE615W

Good oven for the standard baker

The oven looks modern and sleek when installed. I feel that the temperature is a bit lower to the actual temperature as when following recipe times and temperature settings, it always takes longer in way of cook time with this oven so I suggest you bump up the temperature by 5 to 10 degrees. Ten months into using the oven the fan inside started to make loud horrible grinding noises. Contacted support and the technician came prepared with a new fan. After installation the noises were gone. Apparently the grinding is common in this model and you just need to install a slightly smaller fan. Luckily I was still under warranty when this happened. The timer is a bit flimsy and not easy to use but you get use to it. Otherwise, it's a good oven I use every week for cooking and baking.

Purchased in February 2018.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week

Good solid oven. Nothing fancy. Just how I like it.

When we renovated our kitchen I wanted something built in with an in-oven grill. Nothing fancy because, to be honest, I’m a terrible cook. BUT I do love three main features - the oven turns itself off when the timer finishes, the keep warm option and it’s easy to clean - all essential for people who have a lot going on at home! Plus it looks good!

If you ask my husband though, he’d say he loves that the oven is a good size, the in-oven grill for crisping up our pork crackle, cooks evenly and easy to use functionality. All thumbs up from this household.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent general purpose oven

My partner was looking for an oven that heated evenly but didn't have all the fancy electronic features that she will never use. The salesman at Betta Electrical Moorabbin recommended this oven over the fancy and expensive Euro brands. Oven was easy to install and it performs magnificently. Scones come out with every one evenly cooked. The thermostat is accurate, the window is large and the light is bright. Does everything an oven should with no downsides at all. Recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great easy to use oven

This is an easy to use fan forced oven, heats well, looks good, I have not had any issues with it at all. I have always found Westinghouse to be a reliable brand and when it comes time to upgrade this oven I would buy another from the Westinghouse range.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great oven

Fantastic oven cooks evenly, heats quickly, seals perfectly .
No leaks just the cooling fan exhausts through the gap between the control panel and top of door so some may thinks it doesn't seal.
Can be wired to 15 amp or get a 15 amp plug fitted. Very good oven, beats any euro or other cheapie oven

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Basic and easy to use

Had this product installed earlier 2018. Haven’t had an issue at all. Preheats quickly and cooks evenly. I don’t like that I can’t change the clock from 24 hr time to 12 hr time. I like that the oven switches off once the timer is finished as I can often be busy with kids.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very nice range at a good price

The range is clean, unobtrusive and intuitive (I haven't had to crack the manual open yet). Having the knobs and display panel on the front of the range is new for me and I love it. I keep burning everything because I am so used to having an old ill-performing range. Now, food actually cooks in the time stated in my recipes. Excellent value.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Just amazing

I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.
The features and the design suits our family and is big enough for a big family meal. Parties or any function you might have..
The food is cooked evenly and the roasts are to die for I have actually now changed my rangehood and cooktop to Westinghouse

Date PurchasedJan 2017

awesome oven love this

This oven cooks every think perfectly. Cakes come out perfectly soft and moist pizzas crispy the fingerprint less stainless steel is amazing I never have to clean the outside of it. the touch screen display an timer is extremely easy to use I would be lost without this oven and cooktop

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Panel Gets extremely HOT

Haven't used it yet I am bit apprehensive to. When we heated oven up as per manual for first time, oven cooled down, door cooled but panel above is Extremely Hot. Is this normal? Should I report it and to who? I consider this to be very dangerous. I actually went for an oven with a door which does not get hot, didn't think to ask about panel above door!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just updated my oven to a Westinghouse and it's a excellent oven. It's brightly lit and has a large capacity. It heats up beautifully and meals are delicious, cooks evenly. Very impressed with the purchase at a great price too. Would highly recommend this lovely Aussie made product over the expensive European brands any day.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Broke within months

Purchased in March 2018. The fan broke in July. So it only worked for a few months, and it was only used a dozen times or less in that period.

Tried contacted customer service via email and no response. Tried calling and you just stay on hold forever being told that all the customer support reps are busy. This has to be some breach of consumer law - not being able to contact Electrolux/Westinghouse to get this fixed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great size

I decided to get two Westinghouse ovens. Side by side. Better for cooking and electricity than one extra large oven. I love that the door comes off for easy cleaning. I love the amount of shelves inside and I can have aselerate griller to cook with. Always choose this brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

We love our new oven

We recently purchased this oven after being talked into it by the salesman (we were going to buy the Bosch). We are now so glad we did, the Westinghouse oven has been perfect so far. It roasts evenly, heats up quickly & is very quiet compared to our old oven (Andy brand).
We would highly recommend !!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great oven, great price.

It has all the functions necessary, and is very easy to use.
It heats up quickly and cooks your food evenly, what more do you need in an oven.
I love the double layer glass making it cool to touch and a bit less stressful with little hands around as well as the auto off when the timer goes.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent value; simple to operate; exceeded expectations

As I write this we've been using the oven daily for 9 months. It's performed better than we expected. We've used it to bake cakes, muffins, pies, biscuits and scones; roast vegies (we don't eat meat); cook pizza and to prepare oven-baked frozen potato chips.
The temperature control seems accurate and consistent. We've had many satisfying results with cakes and puff-pastries, something the previous oven was never able to deliver. We were accustomed to frequently rotating the food during cooking/baking. This is not something we need to do as much.
Visibility really is superb: the bright interior light and the door's full-width glass panel make it easy to see the progress of cooking without the need to constantly open the door.
The double-glazed door design really does keep the exterior surface cool. It also has an unexpected drawback. It is all-too-easy for minor drips and dribbles from food prepared on the cooktop to find its way through the ventillation slots across the top edge of the door. This means that all four glass surfaces require cleaning. Fortunately the interior glass panel is easily removed to facillitate this.
Keeping the oven interior clean has proven easy. The fittings are easily removed and re-fitted. They comfortably fit in our dish washer.
Fan noise while the oven is in operation is acceptably low. I've never experienced my hair being blown around as observed by another reviewer.
Installation was simple. We had an electrician fit a cord to connect it to the existing under-bench 15A outlet. The oven is supplied with two plastic bushings and 3 pairs of screws of different sizes, shapes and threads. The sparky used the "silver" pan-head screws to secure the clamp on the electrical cable.
The installation guide suggests using the "long black screws" through the holes either side of the top of the door. These holes are counter-sunk and sit over 18mm timber. I used the short (15mm) countersunk timber screws in these locations. The longer (30mm) truss-head screws are combined with the plastic bushings and are intended to be driven vertically through holes in the lower door sill.
We chose this oven because it fit our budget (<$2k), was given a high score (84%) in last year's Choice survey and received more-or-less positive online reviews. The price we paid included delivery and disposal of the old oven. So far, we've had no regrets.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

2 months over warranty door stops closing

Has taken time for me to do this review something I never usually do. The oven door has just got to me now something so simple that failed within warranty that Westingouse don't want to know about because I called them 2 months aftet warranty period. I really feel the need to let other people know to not go down the same road with Westinghouse.

Oven had been great couldn't fault it when we used it, didn't really use it that often as we use the webber oven outside.
Then went to close the oven one day and there was an odd clunk sound, the door didn't shut properly I took a look couldn't see any obstructions. Then it got progressively worse so it basically hangs slightly open, light on all the time we have to put a broom against it now.

Phoned Westinghouse (Electrolux) and enquired into what could be done as it failed well within warranty but due to the little use, I never got around to calling them unfortunately until after the warranty period we were just on 2 months over the warranty when I called.

Electrolux told us we would have to pay $145 to get someone out to inspect then what ever parts labour on top of that.

This was there top of the range pyrolytic oven, we spent the extra money on which was installed in our new build.

For the door to fail to close within warranty is just unacceptable, cheap parts or a faulty product.

Electrolux didn't stand by there product one bit and offer to take a look for us, or state unusual for that to occur, especially within 24months and with such little usage. The door is a basic core component of an oven, nothing electrical, it really highlights the quality of the build.

We are just installing our kitchen in the granny flat we have built, let me tell you Westinghouse appliances will not be going in based on there customer service, their care factor and warranty of there products.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi Paul Linda from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your oven If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks,Linda from Electrolux was fantastic in dealing with the issue. Got it all sorted. Technician came hinges needed replacing. He put new hinges on the door and it has never worked so well. I would say since having the new hinges their definately was an issue since day one closing as it always had a clunk in the last part of the closing mechanism which I just thought was what was needed to seal the door so tightly. These hinges have no clunk the whole mechanism is really smooth. Oven working great again. So thank you for sorting it all out for us Linda.

Great oven. Great cooking results

We are very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. Everything has come out beautifully cooked.This oven looks good and modern and fits into our new kitchen perfectly. It has easy to remove shelving and fits various sizes of cooking dishes.This oven is also pretty easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Door exploded!!!

After cooking and oven turned off, a period of around 10 minutes the door exploded and sent glass across my kitchen and the bench opposite the oven. Glad there was nobody in the kitchen. After further investigation it looks like this is happening to Westinghouse ovens a little too often. Contacting tomorrow in regards to warranty.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Ryan, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse oven WVE615S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, TaniaWell Tanya. Sent you an email response and I haven’t heard from you. Crap service!!!!

Oven

I am Very happy with the cooking results that you get from this oven. It is a very good looking appliance that fits into a modern kitchen. It has easy to remove shelfing to fit various sizes of cooking dishes etc. it is also easy to clean with being able to remove shelving sides etc

Date PurchasedMay 2017