WVE615S, WVE615W
Listing monitored by Westinghouse

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Glass explode 9 months out of warranty and crap customer service

I bought this oven June 2018 along with a Westinghouse cooktop & fridge. I have used it maybe 15 times since then and it is virtually new. The other night it decided to explode the front panel of glass sending glass fragments everywhere. It was not even on! Scared the hell out me!. Rang customer support and they didn`t want a bar of it. Straight away said it was my fault and no they wouldn`t cover it. I`m a single guy so no else touches it but me. Really poor in my eyes and probably a bad design. It should be a laminated glass to start off with so it doesn`t end up everywhere. Needless to say i`m out of pocket now for a new glass and labour and this will be the last time to purchase Westinghouse products or even Electrolux.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bing Lee for $689.00.

Micheal
MichealSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy

My ovens are four years old and not working. I called Electrolux today and was told that my ovens are no longer covered by a warranty and that I would have to pay the service fee. This is by far the worst oven i have used if they only last fours years. After doing some research I found that like many other owners they have experienced the same issues where the oven no longer works on fan bake. Honestly, I think Westinghouse needs to do a recall as this is an issue experienced by many.

Purchased in December 2016.

Glenn Noel
Glenn NoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent starter oven, with one tiny issue

Purchased in May 2020.

Buzzy
BuzzyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not good for cakes

The oven is really disappointing for an avid cake cooker such as me. Every cake I've cooked is dry. The temperature is fine, they look perfect but they're not soft and fluffy. I'm a great, experienced cook so it's not method or ingredients. Terribly disappointed. I've even tried putting a bowl of water in to add humidity but didn't help.
I have been contacted by the company who have been no help at all. I would never buy Westinghouse again.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bi-Rite Electrical Physical store for $800.00.

Lindy Bunfield
Lindy BunfieldCentral, SA

Emits cooking odours

I’m so disappointed in our new oven.
Cooking a roast stinks the house out. Not to mention the lamb chops on the grill.
It needs a duct of some sort. Has any one else had this problem?

Purchased in January 2020 for $799.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Fan rattle issue

This is my first oven and I think it does a reasonable job cooking. However, as heaps of other reviews indicted, mine started making clanging noises a few month in as well. As I only use my oven once or twice a month and I just thought it was the heating element expanding. Stuck in ISO I have beeing using my oven more and it is getting worse and worse, so I decided to a bit to reading and realise it is a common issue. Mine is already out of warrenty and we are still in strick lockdown.... may have to try to bu handyman myself.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Lucy
LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great value for money

Great oven for the price! I wouldn’t choose it for our forever home but great for our current home where we only plan on staying for a couple of years. Love the easy glide tray! Would love if there was two!
Cooks well and heats up quickly.

Purchased in December 2019 for $464.00.

drew76
drew76Perth, WA

Australian made workhorse. Very happy with it.

StephenGippsland, VIC

Not perfect but close

Ok bought this oven WVE615W in feb 2016 to replace a Bellini oven was over the moon with how good it was.... but here we are in Dec 2019 and that damn fan which has been playing up on and off for past 2 months is now noisy metallic noise and wont stop so now its a fan replacement....... damn it.
I hope thats all that goes wrong with it....$778 cost without install costs read below for further comment

Purchased in February 2016 at Appliances Online for $778.00.

Mumsquad3
Mumsquad3South East Queensland, QLD

Good entry level oven

This oven is a good price for an entry level appliance. It is easy to use and has varying settings for your cooking needs. It’s not too noisy, distributes heat well and matches lots of kitchen decor.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $617.00.

I Hate this oven

This oven is now almost 4 years old. I messed up first time I used it and lined the bottom with foil to protect it. Big mistake. Foil melted on and nothing gets it off...nothing. It has not worked well ever. Stuff burns on the outside and is uncooked on the inside. Everything takes way longer than it should to cook. I dont know if it is because of the melted foil but I have had enough and will never buy this brand again. The warning not to put anything on the bottom is tiny and hidden in the hinge area at the bottom so if its wall mounted and you are short you cant see it. Should have a warning stuck to the inside of the door that you remove when you buy it. I would have at least been able to see that.

Purchased in October 2015.

raepat
raepatNortheast, VIC

Efficient and easy to use

I have had this oven in my brand new house for 3 months now. I love the easy-to-use cooking categories that help me to decide on the best mode. It can also be used simply by selecting a temperature as well.

Ann Z
Ann Z

Good oven for the standard baker

Purchased in February 2018.

Kate R
Kate RBrisbane

Good solid oven. Nothing fancy. Just how I like it.

When we renovated our kitchen I wanted something built in with an in-oven grill. Nothing fancy because, to be honest, I’m a terrible cook. BUT I do love three main features - the oven turns itself off when the timer finishes, the keep warm option and it’s easy to clean - all essential for people who have a lot going on at home! Plus it looks good!

If you ask my husband though, he’d say he loves that the oven is a good size, the in-oven grill for crisping up our pork crackle, cooks evenly and easy to use functionality. All thumbs up from this household.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

talbess
talbess

Excellent general purpose oven

My partner was looking for an oven that heated evenly but didn't have all the fancy electronic features that she will never use. The salesman at Betta Electrical Moorabbin recommended this oven over the fancy and expensive Euro brands. Oven was easy to install and it performs magnificently. Scones come out with every one evenly cooked. The thermostat is accurate, the window is large and the light is bright. Does everything an oven should with no downsides at all. Recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018