Westinghouse WVE616

Westinghouse WVE616

WVE616S, WVE616W, WVE616SC

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

3.4

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Dan G.

Dan G.

We bought this and its terrible

It doesn't cook roasts well it doesn't actually cook anything well. It surprises me that it gets 4 stars.
It either burns or it takes ages to cook.
The worst oven we have ever had

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used Several times a week
Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Worst oven ever !

Firstly you can’t phone anyone at Westinghouse for any advice .
The oven exhausts hot air and smoke to the front so our kitchen stinks every time, we need to open all the windows. Our previous oven exhausted at the rear and we never had this problem.
It is not clear which settings to use .
We hate this purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,189.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
Patty

PattyPerth, WA

Uneven cooking

I bake a lot of biscuits for charity and the side biscuits get burned and the middle biscuits not cooked through I have tried everything from lowering the temperature to using all different trays, I had someone out who told me how to use the oven and that the thermostat was working. disappointing.
Update: I have put a post on here about this one got a reply to contact Electrolux at customer care which I did leaving my phone details so far no reply, spent an hour over three days trying to contact Electrolux service by phone no answer can I please get some help.

Purchased in June 2018.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WVE616 compares to other Wall Ovens

WRDSydney

Works good so far

Installed as part of a kitchen reno. Westinghouse so we'll see how long it lasts but so far so good. Has basic features - rapid heat seems to work well even if it's not quite as rapid as one would like. Hot air does vent out of the top so need well-ventilated kitchen (or somewhere you don't mind heating up).

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ashley

AshleyKilmore

Love it

We love our oven, it cooks evenly and very fast. It has many different selections including pizza selection. It has a timer, which is great. We also love that it has a pre heat selection as well. We would definitely recommend this to family and friends, as we love it. It is also very spacious.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Ronnie D

Ronnie D

Brilliant

When I bought this oven last year, it was one of the last ones built here in Australia, so great timing. The oven fitted perfectly into the space available. Looks great and has plenty of settings. It bakes beautifully, both roasts and cakes come out lovely. Fries and the likes, grill works well, though I don't use it to grill meats, but other things like garlic breads etc. The door doesn't get hot, can touch it and see through clearly. Hope it lives a long life.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Citychic

CitychicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good oven, but not great

The oven was working fine, then the fan suddenly started making clicking noises. I called the support line, and they sent a repairer to have the fan replaced. Overall it's a good oven, cooks well and evenly, and I can't complain about it, except for the clicking noise. However, it was quickly repaired which was good.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
missy2011

missy2011Sunshine Coast, Qld

Good oven

Great oven that cooks well. I got the white because I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances. My only complaint is that it vents hot air between the door and top of the oven which gets hot in summer when you're standing at the stove while also cooking something in the oven. It has a 'cool' touch door which means young kids don't burn their hands if they touch the door so that's another plus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
dee

deeshepparton

oven value

very easy to use multifunctional electric oven.has many extra functions for different cooking methods.looks good and fits well in the wall space.very good value for money if you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on an oven.it cooks very even and is easy to use and clean,semi self cleaning.this appliance has lots of additional functions,choice of top and bottom elements or rapid heating,grilling ,fan or conventional heat or both.very happy with the product.also has not marking finger print free stainless finish.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Wall Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WVE616 compares to other Wall Ovens

Barbara McHarry

Barbara McHarryasked

WVE616S

How do we change light globe in oven

Maggie

Maggieasked

WVE616

How do you use the defrost function, do you need to set a temperature or just turn the knob to defrost. Also how do you use the air fryer. The manual is no help.

Frankiasked

WVE616W

Re: New WVE616W (underbench oven/in oven grill)....PROBLEM : I can not get normal "grill" or "Maxi Grill" to heat following the user manual instructions which only imply turning dial to the desired chioce of grilling methods. The manual does not mention setting the temperature dial in conjunction with those modes.The manual DOES recommend setting temperature dial to 180 in "Fan Grill mode(which does work). Do I need to set a temperature with the aforementioned modes? Thank you.

WRD

hmm I always put temperature to max when grilling but to be honest that's just the way I have always done it with other ovens.

Franki

Thank you! Humans usually a better source of practical info. than user manuals.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives