Westinghouse WVE665S / WVE665W

Westinghouse WVE665S / WVE665W

WVE665S and WVE665W

Disappointed

I have had this oven approx 2 years now and am so frustrated with it I fell like pulling it out and replacing it. It burns everything . From a roast to pizzas, cakes and biscuits forget it
I’ve tried every setting , every shelf and cooking biscuits at 160 and they still burn.
Extremely disappointed and a total waste of money. Thank goodness for my stovetop and air fryer

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Hi sj64, Zaida from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact us at customercare@electrolux.com.au reference ticket 1009596. Thanks.Thank you for contacting me and organising a service repair person unfortunately they did not show up or call to advise .I have had no contact whatsoever from them which was very disappointing so I still have an oven that burns everything

Poor performance

It did not cook pastry tarts on fan/bake mode. Switched to bake made and after almost 2 hours the custard cooked and the pastry was raw. Only browns some food on sides of baking dish. Was told it is a fan forced oven but it doesnt perform like a fan forced oven and it takes twice as long to cook anything. You get a crappy "shiny" oven tray which useless.. So disappointed in this oven and its performance overall. Tried to get refund from retailer and have contacted company but no refund available unless its faulty. Have contacted fair trading regarding this. Do not buy this oven as you will be extremely disappointed.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $12,450.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

Oven Light

Can you turn the oven light OFF when using & cooking?

This is not a review - it is a question around the functionality of the oven when cooking. Thank you very much.

Purchased in February 2019.

Great product

We purchased this electric oven a little while ago for our new home and it has been fantastic! No issues what-so-ever. It is easy to use and even easier to clean. Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,049.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily

Average Product, Good Customer Service

Had some issues with the fan after less than 2 yrs of heavy use. The customer service sent a technician and the fan was replaced immediately. The technician is very knowledgeable and even changed another part in the grill cover when he saw the burnt marks, which I thought was really a good service. Will buy westinghouse again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Shattered

Our last Westinghouse oven lasted over 30 years and our current one did not last a year without the griller door exploding with a bang and shattered glass everywhere. I could accept this if it was a one off event but obviously other people have experienced the same. Not happy!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Dear Carol, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear the grill door to your WVE6652 has shattered. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | Aug-17 WVE665S Grill Door Shattered | Reference Carol." Please include your full name and number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance.

Disappointing in product and company

Replaced old Westinghouse with this and we are very unhappy with it. It takes almost a third extra cook time and the heat is uneven. The old one had broken hinges and seal gone and it still worked better than this - it's a shame I couldn't replace it with the same! (I wrote this post about 2 weeks ago and and was given two options on this site to post review or forward firstly to supplier I chose to forward my review to the company in which they responded and asked me to contact them privately with my concerns so did still waiting heard nothing. That's why I will be not purchase a Westinghouse or a Electrolux product again and urge others to steer clear as well.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Best ever, beat euro ovens

When we went shopping for a new wall oven a few years ago we dicovered all the expensive so called upmarket wall ovens were smaller than the Westinghouse brand, we bought it and have been very happy with it for maybe 4 years now, it's not just an oven with a separate grill but two capable ovens in one, there are many cooking settings and the clock is magic as it can be adjusted forward or backwards at the same speed (the longer you press the + or - the faster it goes. It has pyrotechnic self cleaning sides and back in the main oven (optional) and many lights inside which are easy to pop open to replace blown lamps. The doors are double glazed and the main door at least lifts out and comes apart easily to clean, haven't looked at the bottom door for that as it is still perfectly clean but it should come apart as well.
Can't remember the exact time we bought it but must be about 4 years ago

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Old habits die hard

I bought this to replace my old chef and it fitted perfectly. Overall, it was better looking and out performed the chef and the half grill function is especially useful. However, with our chef cooker we used to grill with the door closed, nothing sticking out to bump into and it obviously heats up quicker and stays warm longer - a second oven in some ways. I can live without the second oven bit but within a couple of weeks, even though it's clearly stated not to on the door and I'd read the instructions, I absent-mindedly closed the door. Luckily the house smoke detector went off and when I opened the grill door, the top plastic panel had melted all over the glass pane so I had to replace both, I ended up ordering through a third party as I couldn't get through to Electrolux. I deliberately didn't post a review at the time as I wanted it to be objective but since then I often wondered why would they install a door which they know is downright dangerous. Considering the oven door looks similar and doesn't melt and the old chef door worked, it's not as if they're without options.
Dear Electrolux. writing on the inside of a grill door to 'leave door open while grilling' is acceptable if it affects cooking performance but totally unacceptable if it's there to prevent danger. Nowhere does it state 'warning'
I'd go so far to say I believe this oven contravenes Australian Standards and is therefor illegal.

EDIT: Product review quite rightly asked that I give Electrolux / Westinghouse a chance to reply before I post and I did just that. The reply offered nothing at all apart from that if I want to discuss it I can contact them directly. There was absolutely no concern shown by them. Could you imagine a small business, say a builder or electrician acting with such contempt when it was explained that the oven is dangerous? They'd lose their license!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Discolouration of oven door after useing grill first time

White Oven door above the grill is discoloured after using grill for first time. not dirty looks like it has burnt not happy about this as I just purchased last weekend second westinghouse in two years .poor quality.
I Know this is a cheap bottom of the range unit might spend a bit more next time

Date PurchasedMay 2018

MELTED GRILL DOOR FRAME

Brand new! Just bought from Harvey Norman. To replace my old Westinghouse one.

Why would you choose a flammable material to construct an oven is beyond me! The plastic coating around the grill door melted everywhere! Does anyone know if there is anything we can do to fix this?

Also the internal glass pane on the separate grill completely shattered!!!!!

Otherwise great oven, 8/10

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Tempered glass explosion

3am yesterday morning I heard a loud bang in the kitchen. Next morning found that the tempered glass in the grill had imploded/exploded/shattered or whatever. The grill hadn't been used for about 2 weeks. Interestingly ... this is the second this has happened. The exact same thing happened 9 months ago and the glass had to be replaced. So yesterday, the replacement glass imploded. I'm thinking Westinghouse has quality control issues in the manufacturing of tempered glass for these units.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Jordan, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse wall oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania . Thanks, Tania

Good budget oven

We bought this WVE665S from The Good Guys last year when we moved into our new place. My wife is good at baking cake so we thought it was a good idea to buy a new one. The first impression we had was that the machine is very light. So it was easy for us to install into our cabinet. Overall, it does quite good job. The food can be cooked well and the door of this oven was still cool when the food is being cooked. Sometimes it is hard to clean as the rubber on the door frame get dirty after heavy cook. The temperature was easy to set and the timer and all other controls are easy to understand. Our family use it every week to bake cup cake and the finish was way better than the previous on we used in our property.

Overall it is a nice product and good experience.

Brilliant appliance

Everyone likes the look of the new oven and I really enjoy using it. Despite reading some negative comments, I cannot find anything that I don't like. Easy to use, extra big oven that bakes well and great to have a separate grill. Really please with my decision to buy.

Working together

After the adjustment period initially where I did have some burning of food issues due to my misunderstanding of how my new oven varied from my last one where the temperature was concerned, we settled into a good system of what to cook at what heat and for what time period.

Very disappointing

I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing this oven! Major design flaw is that hot air blows out from the top of the oven even when using the regular bake function. When using the fan bake function the kitchen becomes soo hot...I think it will be impossible to use in summer. The griller door must be kept open and takes a really long time to heat up and cook anything. So so disappointed. Had our last Westinghouse for decades but I am already wondering how long I have to keep this oven before I can justify replacing.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Kate M, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WVE665S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Oven (WVE665S) Faults found already.

We are not happy with our oven purchase after using it for only about a month. It seems that things don't cook properly when baking (take a lot longer & needs to be turned right up) unless you use the Fan or Rapid Heat functions. But when you use the fan it blows hot air out the top of the oven door & heats up the touch screen control panel to a point where it is too hot to touch (to adjust the timer, etc). Seems like a bad design to us.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Lama, Lynette from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WVE665S. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks, LynetteThanks Lynnette. I spoke to Natalie from customer care yesterday & she has put my mind at ease on a few things. We are going to monitor how it goes & how the touch panel handles the heat over the next year before worrying about getting it checked out or not. Cheers.

Worst service ever

Brought 2 months ago used it twice the second time cooking a roast in it come back an hour later. Oil in ever part of the oven burnt down to the metal I couldn't get a Westinghouse repairman to even look at it told me to take photos the verdict was clean it and try using it. I would never recommend them to anyone worst service I've ever had.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Chez, Zaida from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WVE665W oven. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida. Thanks, Zaida

Door frame melted on the separate grill

Westinghouse WVE665W Electric Wall Oven
Bought it last year went to clean the grill glass door and found that it had melted the frame that holds the glass in
Called Westinghouse they sent a repair man said that we had been grilling with the door shut
So my question is did they know about this DANGEROUS problem is so why haven't they solved it with fireproof materials
This is a fire hazard that I will be contacting consumer advise if not solved

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Poorly Made & Terrible Customer Service

Purchased the oven a few weeks ago by a reputable retailer. Looks great, however first time use there was an odd smell.. after keeping it on for a few hours food was put in to cook, heard loud sort of popping noises & additional smell, only to discover that the paint had exploded in a few places & about a 2 inch crack at the front bottom.
Electrolux (owns Westinghouse & Chef) sent a technician to inspect the Oven & I was advised a replacement oven would be arranged. Over 2 weeks on & I have now been informed by phone that Electrolux will not be replacing the Oven as their technicians looked at photos & believe the oven was not kept clean??!! - Its brand new? & still looks brand new minus the exploded top coat paint & crack. On requesting this information via post, my request was refused & was told I could take the matter further, but no further escalation process was provided.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Can, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, RumanaHi Rumana, I have been calling Electrolux on a daily basis & my calls are not being returned. I have just called & spoken to Sondry & she too has taken a message to escalate the matter further as Monica did yesterday. Narelle called me last Saturday & advised that the WA Service Technician Manager would call me but I have not heard from them going on a week now. Perhaps you could track these people down & investigate the matter & get back to me accordingly. I have a defective apparently "brand new" oven unable to be used due to poor quality checking & customer service from Electrolux / Westinghouse / Chef.Good Afternoon Can We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Jenny.