Westinghouse WVE665S / WVE665W

Westinghouse WVE665S / WVE665W

WVE665S, WVE665W

Robert C.

Robert C.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and easy to use unlike complicated ovens

This is what an oven should be like - simple. It has virtually no options and no ridiculous digital prompts that only a few gifted persons can work out. This oven frees up time for facebook, texting and reality tv shows. Unfortunately, it is useless for yuppies as it has no bragging rights over morning coffee. Too cheap to warrant mention.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Product is used: Daily

sj64Western Australia

Disappointed

I have had this oven approx 2 years now and am so frustrated with it I fell like pulling it out and replacing it. It burns everything . From a roast to pizzas, cakes and biscuits forget it
I’ve tried every setting , every shelf and cooking biscuits at 160 and they still burn.
Extremely disappointed and a total waste of money. Thank goodness for my stovetop and air fryer

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
sj64

Thank you for contacting me and organising a service repair person unfortunately they did not show up or call to advise .I have had no contact whatsoever from them which was very disappointing so I still have an oven that burns everything

Sandra

SandraCalwell 2905, ACT

Poor performance

It did not cook pastry tarts on fan/bake mode. Switched to bake made and after almost 2 hours the custard cooked and the pastry was raw. Only browns some food on sides of baking dish. Was told it is a fan forced oven but it doesnt perform like a fan forced oven and it takes twice as long to cook anything. You get a crappy "shiny" oven tray which useless.. So disappointed in this oven and its performance overall. Tried to get refund from retailer and have contacted company but no refund available unless its faulty. Have contacted fair trading regarding this. Do not buy this oven as you will be extremely disappointed.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $12,450.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
ILOVEart

ILOVEartPerth, WA

Great product

We purchased this electric oven a little while ago for our new home and it has been fantastic! No issues what-so-ever. It is easy to use and even easier to clean. Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,049.00.

Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily

Client A

Client AMelbourne

Average Product, Good Customer Service

Had some issues with the fan after less than 2 yrs of heavy use. The customer service sent a technician and the fan was replaced immediately. The technician is very knowledgeable and even changed another part in the grill cover when he saw the burnt marks, which I thought was really a good service. Will buy westinghouse again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Shattered

Our last Westinghouse oven lasted over 30 years and our current one did not last a year without the griller door exploding with a bang and shattered glass everywhere. I could accept this if it was a one off event but obviously other people have experienced the same. Not happy!

Cmack

CmackNarre Warren

Disappointing in product and company

Replaced old Westinghouse with this and we are very unhappy with it. It takes almost a third extra cook time and the heat is uneven. The old one had broken hinges and seal gone and it still worked better than this - it's a shame I couldn't replace it with the same! (I wrote this post about 2 weeks ago and and was given two options on this site to post review or forward firstly to supplier I chose to forward my review to the company in which they responded and asked me to contact them privately with my concerns so did still waiting heard nothing. That's why I will be not purchase a Westinghouse or a Electrolux product again and urge others to steer clear as well.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

rudy_25

rudy_25

Best ever, beat euro ovens

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Glenn

Glenn

Old habits die hard

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Discolouration of oven door after useing grill first time

White Oven door above the grill is discoloured after using grill for first time. not dirty looks like it has burnt not happy about this as I just purchased last weekend second westinghouse in two years .poor quality.
I Know this is a cheap bottom of the range unit might spend a bit more next time

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mag

MagSydney

MELTED GRILL DOOR FRAME

Brand new! Just bought from Harvey Norman. To replace my old Westinghouse one.

Why would you choose a flammable material to construct an oven is beyond me! The plastic coating around the grill door melted everywhere! Does anyone know if there is anything we can do to fix this?

Also the internal glass pane on the separate grill completely shattered!!!!!

Otherwise great oven, 8/10

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Tempered glass explosion

3am yesterday morning I heard a loud bang in the kitchen. Next morning found that the tempered glass in the grill had imploded/exploded/shattered or whatever. The grill hadn't been used for about 2 weeks. Interestingly ... this is the second this has happened. The exact same thing happened 9 months ago and the glass had to be replaced. So yesterday, the replacement glass imploded. I'm thinking Westinghouse has quality control issues in the manufacturing of tempered glass for these units.

Charlie

CharlieSydney

Good budget oven

Nannna

NannnaSpringwood

Brilliant appliance

Everyone likes the look of the new oven and I really enjoy using it. Despite reading some negative comments, I cannot find anything that I don't like. Easy to use, extra big oven that bakes well and great to have a separate grill. Really please with my decision to buy.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Working together

After the adjustment period initially where I did have some burning of food issues due to my misunderstanding of how my new oven varied from my last one where the temperature was concerned, we settled into a good system of what to cook at what heat and for what time period.

Kate M

Kate MMelbourne

Very disappointing

I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing this oven! Major design flaw is that hot air blows out from the top of the oven even when using the regular bake function. When using the fan bake function the kitchen becomes soo hot...I think it will be impossible to use in summer. The griller door must be kept open and takes a really long time to heat up and cook anything. So so disappointed. Had our last Westinghouse for decades but I am already wondering how long I have to keep this oven before I can justify replacing.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

LamaDarwin, NT

Oven (WVE665S) Faults found already.

We are not happy with our oven purchase after using it for only about a month. It seems that things don't cook properly when baking (take a lot longer & needs to be turned right up) unless you use the Fan or Rapid Heat functions. But when you use the fan it blows hot air out the top of the oven door & heats up the touch screen control panel to a point where it is too hot to touch (to adjust the timer, etc). Seems like a bad design to us.

Worst service ever

Brought 2 months ago used it twice the second time cooking a roast in it come back an hour later. Oil in ever part of the oven burnt down to the metal I couldn't get a Westinghouse repairman to even look at it told me to take photos the verdict was clean it and try using it. I would never recommend them to anyone worst service I've ever had.

Johnv

JohnvPerth

Door frame melted on the separate grill

Westinghouse WVE665W Electric Wall Oven
Bought it last year went to clean the grill glass door and found that it had melted the frame that holds the glass in
Called Westinghouse they sent a repair man said that we had been grilling with the door shut
So my question is did they know about this DANGEROUS problem is so why haven't they solved it with fireproof materials
This is a fire hazard that I will be contacting consumer advise if not solved

Date PurchasedAug 2016

CanPerth

Poorly Made & Terrible Customer Service

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good Afternoon Can
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Jenny.