Westinghouse WVG615S / WVG615W

Westinghouse WVG615S / WVG615W

WVG615S, WVG615SNG, WVG615W and WVG615WNG

Good

Overall I'm pretty happy with this oven the features are great easy to use easy to clean .It cooks food well with no problems the heat seems to work well the only bad side is i can feel hot air coming from the top of door this needs to be fixed . Cooks food evenly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good oven replacing an older model

The renovation of our kitchen prompted us to look at replacing our existing Westinghouse under bench gas oven which had given us reliable service for around fourteen years. This oven was still going strong but was looking a little tired. As there are few choices to be had for gas under bench gas ovens, we looked again at what Westinghouse had on offer. The new oven is superior to the original in the operation of the electronic timer and the way the oven is started. Now with touch controls the new timer is far easier to operate. This oven has piezo ignition which lights instantly and is superior to the older ignitor system. The burner is much better now and is placed out of the way beneath a metal cover which means there is a reduced tendency for any stray edge of a piece of baking paper to catch alight. The oven is a little slower to heat than the older model but we are very happy with the way it cooks. The electric grill works well. The new design of oven door means the outside remains cool to touch. Overall we are very happy with this oven and hope we get a similar life from it as we did from the old one.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brilliant

Bought two of these for our recently built new home. Super easy to use. One dial selects the cooking mode (these do actually make a difference), the other the temperature. The different modes do actually pre select different temps so really you only need the one dial. Timer is easy to use also. Just goes to show appliances don't need to be complicated.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good oven! Roasts well!

The Westinghouse 615 oven has many function setting which help you decide on how your food should be cooked, for example, bake/pizza and defrost modes. The oven also has a screen that has a clock and timer so you can time how long your food is in the oven. The oven cooks the food well and makes really good roasted vegetables. Perfect for a Christmas Roast!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Very good Oven

We had a old oven and was time to replace. Was fine for something in same dimension but we worried it might be compact as the old one but to our surprise there was lot of room inside.
It cooks very even and fast. The only problem is if you go close to it u can feel heat coming out.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good oven, over priced.

We found this Westinghouse oven to be stylish and cooks really well. It seems to take a few goes to ignite when it hasn't been used for a while. I found the lack of gas wall ovens to pick from made our choice easy, but I must say I feel it was overpriced.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very nice oven

Very efficient oven. The grill heats quickly although the oven itself for bake, fan bake, rapid heat do take a little while to heat. So be prepared to wait a little while for a pre heat. Once heated dynamo!
Bakes evenly. No need to turn the item around for even browning and cooking.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Ok it's been 6 months now using this oven and note a few things: It's annoying having the grill tray as part of the racks. It's heavy and has to be placed somewhere in the kitchen whilst your baking roasting on the other racks. The oven door has to edged open to grill. It takes a long time to heat, and takes a long time to make a chip crispy! Kimbra

Hot air from oven door

I have lived with very hot air coming from the oven door - thinking this was normal. The oven was installed less than 12 months ago. The oven actually heats the kitchen and created a very hot kitchen in hot summer months. Is there something wrong with this oven? IT was ordered from Winnings in Sydney, and delivered in September 2016. I'd love to hear from Westinghouse about this issue... as I am not satisfied with this situation at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi LeeBee, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaThank you Rumana - I have already arranged a home visit by an Electrolux service representative and I have also had assistance from my point of sale customer service person. Today a Electrolux technician came to inspect the oven - I've had very good customer service from Electrolux and from the customer service person at point of sale. It only took a couple of days for someone to come out and inspect the oven. There appears to be no manufacturing fault, however, it is more questionable regarding design issues. I have been told that the cooling fan emits hot air from the front of the oven and this is to Australian Standards. In the past, the air was emitted at the back of ovens. Whether you have an electric or gas oven - the air has to go somewhere. In my case the stove top (also gas) is above the oven in a small kitchen. And, for this reason, the hot air emitted seems more extreme. I stand at the stove top cooking, and experience hot air emitted from the oven where I might have a roast baking. It is not ideal in summer months but I feel my concern has been explained to me. It is important to think of the design of your kitchen. Where possible my suggestion is not to place the oven directly under the stove top. If you go to a good retailer, in my case Winnings, where I have received exemplary service, it might be beneficial for the customer to explain the size of their kitchen and discuss location of other appliances ie. stove top. Also speak to your installer i.e. gas or electrical fitter. It would be helpful too for all point of sale to let customers know how the cooling fan will blow out hot air from any oven - gas or electric. Positioning and the size of the kitchen will determine to what extent the consumer will notice the hot air that is emitted from the stove. I feel my concern has been addressed and we will have to live with this situation. At some stage in the future it would be great to think redesign will eliminate this issue.

Very good product

Oven has good space. Can cook 2 big cakes. Has finger print resistance. I made few cakes all of them were good. Time was less than the other ovens. I can make dinner for family in no time. Energy consumption was good. No black marks on pan. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Love this oven

My Westinghouse gas oven works brilliantly, easy to use dials no electronic clocks. Oven always cooks really well, our roast are done to perfection, and I love the fan force option. We even do pizzas in the oven and they come out with a perfect base. We are so glad we changed to gas cooking. especially with a Westinghouse oven.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good but tenants wrecked it

Good but tenants wrecked it, this is a good oven, however my tenants wrecked it and I would advise no one to install this in a rented property. We have moved back in and it has scratches all over it and it is rusty, I would expect better from a 1 year old oven.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Warm

The oven is very good at heating the food very quickly and it has the whole shebang. The fan is also impressive and it doesn't make any noise. I think it also makes my kitchen a lot more modern and get complements from it. Very impressed so far, really is a good oven.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very functional

Very effective and also gets hot very fast. Comes with a range of heating options, which I have found very useful. Very quiet and faster than any other oven that we have had in our household. You'll sometimes need to turn on the timer to turn on the heat, sometimes not. I don't know if this is a fault or not.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

That's good.

It's pretty cool, it maintains the good temperature in all compartments for long time. It's very quiet and I can't hear the noises. I am happy with it. I never buy anything products before like it. I will use it for long time. Cleaning is very convenient and I clean it for several month. I like it very much.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfectly adequate

The oven has standard features , and knobs and dials feel sturdy and looks stylish. The fan oven and grill work very well with even heat for roasts and the like. It's a decent size but a good fit for our small kitchen. A very capable oven that won't disappoint

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great oven

I'm honestly pretty happy with this oven. It does get hot fast! Much faster than my old one. This oven cooks food very well especially roasts! I wish the timer was a bit easier to use. It's fairly easy to clean also. Great value for money oven! Can't complain. The husband hasn't complained either.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Easy oven

Food is cooked quickly and easily. Functionality is easy to use with only three knobs to use. Easy to clean as well with the detachable window and easy wipeable surface, both inside and outside. Looks very slim, both height and width. Looks great with matching Westinghouse appliances. - rangehood abf gas cook top.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Happy Cook.

I am very happy with my oven, its easy to use, cooks evenly, everything is easy to get to and clean.
Instructions very easy to follow, heats quickly,cooks on all levels evenly,
It absolutely suits the needs of this busy house hold and every one that uses it is very happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fabulous value for the money.

This is a great all rounder and cooks all the foods I enjoy to perfection! It has numerous settings, being able to do anything from a simple grilled cheese toasty or baking fresh bread, right down to the higher temperatures needed for pastries. very fast to heat up to the required temperature also means less waiting time & less energy used.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

great oven

Only had it a few months, but find it great for all types of cooking. It looks good. Large enough for our large family.
It has an alarm for when it gets to right temperature. Love the cooking trays. Am really impressed with this oven, but recommend it to everyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

hI, Do the electric ovens have a 24 hour clock and a 12 hour clock please?

so confused. how do i change the clock? when i get the flashing clock sign, i press the +/_ buttons only to hear a beeping sound. Now i have no idea if i have set the oven to come on by itself. No instruction manual came with it and the internet tells me to press +/_ buttons.
When you set the mode to clock then it should present you the control to change the time with the + and - signs. If that’s not the case if your oven is still under warranty raise it with WestinghouseHi Jules, it sounds like your doing it right. I press the MODE button (3times) till the CLOCK indicator light flashes. Then I press the + or - to adjust the time. Then I do nothing and it goes back to the normal mode with the new time displayed. Just a thought. Switch off the power at the plug, wait a minute or two , and turn back on. This might reset the unit and try again. Good luck.

Hi I need to know if the Westinghouse WVG613S or WVG615S only comes with an electric Grill, or is the whole oven gas, and therefore has a gas grill and not electric grill? Only interested in Gas Oven as must be used on LPG.

WVG615SWVG615WWVG615WNGWVG615SNG