Westpac Global Currency Card

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve thompson

Steve thompsonHunter Region, NSW

Useless

Don't get this card. Travelled to USA. Card would only work on Bank of America ATMS if u could find one. Time and time again Arms rejected card. Rang help line they stated no problem with card. Still didn't work. Luckily my credit card worked or I would be buffered. Not good enough Westpac for promoting this product. Also you can obtain the balance but not transactions.

CurrencyAUD

MelbGirl

MelbGirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use it!

CurrencySGD

Ras

RasPerth

Charged $4 for using the card at a Westpac ATM

I used my global currency card to withdraw money at a Westpac ATM yesterday and I was charged a $4 fee. According to the PDS, no fee will be charged if you withdraw money from a Westpac ATM. When I called up the Customer Servce line I was told that it was a system error and that they were looking into it. When I asked the staff if I would be refunded the fee, she was unable to confirm if that would happen or when it would happen. I am disappointed with her response to say the least. Westpac should make some kind of announcement or notify cardholders about this system error and assure them that they would reverse the fees charged as soon as they are able to fix the problem.

global card holder

global card holderCanberra 2600, ACT

Waste of time

What a way to start my holiday. I am trying to access my money in Hong Kong. My card has now been blocked because i tried it at the bank i was told to use by staff at westpac global, i reset my password three times, still not able to get my money. I have phoned Westpac 6 times on their os no, no answer. Will never use this card again its rubbish, frustrating and a waste of time. Just use cash its less hassle!

CurrencyHKD

Less than one star

McMahon P

McMahon PSydney, NSW

This card is a total waste of money

CurrencyEUR, GBP and USD

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Lucky to get even 1 Star!

CurrencyUSD

Big FAIL!!

I wont be getting this card again I have lost hundreds of dollars in charges so even though the AUD is more than the NZD it made no difference as the money that should have been saved was swallowed up entirely with fees!...so I will be cutting this card up and closing that account in the coming days for sure.

CurrencyNZD

Travel card blocked repeatedly

Card was blocked after a few normal transactions. Phoned to get it unblocked. Used again, then blocked. Another phone call and no explanation. Extremely inconvenient and annoying. Try a different travel card.

CurrencyZAR

Absolute rubbish!

The app doesn't work. Couldn't access my account via any device without activating my card each time with new password each time. I am so frustrated and angry that I was sold such a dud. Westpac have the wrong website on the paperwork and wasn't until I called the contact centre that I was informed the correct address to login. I have wasted so much time, including on the phone and in a branch trying to get the cards to work as they should. Even the Westpac call centre couldn't get it to activate via the app. Totally regret going to Westpac!!! I now have 2 days left before I leave for my trip and no time to get another card delivered.

Ripped off

Ripped offGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip off, crap rates

Lost several hundreds of dollars due to crappy exchange rates! Save you money and just use a exchange service. Also money was sent to US then back to AUS took ages to receive! Crap crap crap!

CurrencyTHB

Matthew D.

Matthew D.South East Queensland, QLD

Couldn’t even get a card without being Westpac customer

Westpac Global Currency Card - Catch 22 Customer service

Gary M

Gary MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A useless piece of plastic

I have been travelling in Europe. In fact we have travelled throughout Europe for the past seven years , four months each time. We have used the Westpac normal debit and credit cards and found them to be fair..albeit the 3% charges etc . We tried the global card and to our disgust it was at a higher rate than what we were paying and still had transfer fees if it was not one of the affiliated banks. To test it...we withdrew the SAME amounts at the SAME time from the two cards...then checked the transaction statements. So the currency card is not worth it...it cost more !! In addition ..it is NOT linked to my normal Westpac accounts and sign in procedure, which in itself is a pain . Will be ripping it up.

CurrencyAUD, EUR, GBP and USD

Raj

RajGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

CurrencyEUR and GBP

Where's my moneyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good during the trip, the trouble came later

Paul G.

The WandererSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer Service!!

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best way to use your money whilst travelling

I purchased a card on Monday afternoon so I could pay for things whilst I am on holidays anywhere in Australia or Overseas since it is more secure and I don't need to worry about being scammed.

CurrencyAUD