2Xbox Kinect

Xbox Kinect

14 reviews · Statistics

79% · 113 · 21%
See the Best Toys & Games in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dipesh
Dipesh8 posts

Kinect is must have

Xbox Kinect makes my daughter jumping around always . She loves dancing on just dance songs . Also Kinect is very interactive and does the job well when it comes to motion gaming.

Rug61
Rug61Melbourne6 posts

Xbox Kinect

The Xbox Kinect is an essential for Kinect based games. It is used for endless hours of fun on multiple games. It is pretty reliable. However, if you are using this as an alternate for an Xbox Mic you would like to know that it does not have a good mic function. It is actually a really squeaky mic and other players can hear all the feedback from your game, your tv and your friends.

Good for Games, not good as mic.

Ian
IanAU4 posts

Very few games-ipad better

Kinect only works with xbox one games and is not as were initially told backward compatible with xbox 360 games. Its slow to load the OS and awkward in its clumsy GUI that seems to always be needing logins etc in parental control mode unlike ipads. There are not s lot of good g or pg rated games and those that are are generally cheaper on PC or Android /IOS . Many games require good internet connection to work at all which is often notalways possible now that the Libs screwed the NBN . Yes the graphics are amazing .........but on balance , it was a waste of money.

JustAGTARandomGuy
JustAGTARandomGuy

Terrible! Just terrible

Screw Microsoft for making an unfinished, piece of junk like how Origin made SimCity unfinished. This is terrible, I have tried using this so much and it sucks so much. I thought it would be good but it's unable to recognize anot I just can't stand it, it's a reason I moved to Playstation.

Harvey Wilson
Harvey WilsonQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD202 posts

I'm a convert

I have always been a PlayStation person, in fact, anything not Microsoft. I have an original PS1, PS2 and a Nintendo Wii. The Wii out does the PS3's motion remotes by a long way, but the Kinect tops it all.

I am constantly amazed at how accurate it is. Even in low light, it picks up exactly where my hands are. Its also very quick. I was playing a dancing game and my wife came in view of the Kinect and it instantly added her to the game. Waving her hands saying whats going on actually scored some points LOL.

I cant recommend the Kinect enough, its awesome. Hopefully now with the XBox One out, 360 Kinect games might get cheaper because i want more!!
Accurate, Inexpensive, Gives a great workout on some games, Far superior to Wii

Atlas Utai
Atlas UtaiAU

Great Fun!!! Best console ever

The kinect is a grey experience, even though it game me a few muscle aches. The pain was worth it. I can't stop playing it. It's kept me in shape and it has helped my family by playing next to each other laughing and jumping. Kinect adventures, dance central, kinectimals, your shape, and more are a few of the great games you can enjoy. I love my kinect
Easy to use, great workout, good for families, inexpensive, small and portable
Occasional but very rare calibration errors.
schooter
schooterAU2 posts

really fun with hours of enjoyment

the xbox kinect has ground braking technology, you need no controller unlike the wii which needs a lot and it could get a bit pricey but with the kinect all you need is a xbox which is another great thing from Microsoft. with the kinect you really are the controller and now it can pick up on sounds so you can talk to the xbox and it will do what you say for example if you want to start a game all you say is "xbox play game" and it will start hands free!
hours of fun and it never gets old
rachelquitt

barfmanAU9 posts

MightyTriby
MightyTribyNSWSydney, NSW16 posts

great console

the kinect is a good idea. it actually scans your body, when you move your hands around this is what controls it, similar to the wii. it only comes with 4gb of memory, this is enough for general games. if you want to play the latest games then you will need to install a hard drive, latest games are $100. you can buy the hard drives online for a lot cheaper than in the stores. i did and it works fine.
works great. the hand controller lasts a long time using standard batteries.
the kinect games are not worth it. they need to make the latest games to take advantage of kinect.
blizzcon
blizzconAU9 posts

the kine-crap !

this is so bad ! you pay so much more for the 'kinect' when you look like a loser playing and you always play the proper games with a 'controler' anyway.

You look like a retard when you play it

klubear
klubearVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC65 posts

Good

Having just gone through 8 months of rehab, learning to walk again... I would highly recommend the kinect for people rebuilding their fitness and recovering from injuries.

It has low to high impact movements, to suit the stage you are at.

I got mine for Christmas, lost 3 kgs in the first week of using it, and while taking a 4 week break from rehabilitation, in which I expected to lose some of my movement, found that I am more flexible than I was before the break!
Brilliant for fitness, weight loss, motivation building up lost muscles.
Sometimes misses your movement, ..this is very frustrating when trying to get high scores..but this happens maybe once for every fifteen moves at most.

mthurgate