4.5

83%17%0%

Shane
Shane

2008 model 15hp Yam 2 stroke

Bought second hand, put 50hrs on it, never missed a beat. Best small motor Ive owned. 137psi on both cylinders. Ideally suited to power 2.5 adults or less. Great motor. Show details
Techwriter18
Techwriter18Hunter Region, NSW5 posts

Incredible reliability

In 1996 Yamaha Motor Australia lent me a short shaft 15F for long term evaluation. I kept the engine for eight years and during that time it never let me down. On my 3.6 metre Sea Al Super Skua tinny it was faster than either the US Mercury 15 or the Johnson 15 while using a lot less fuel. A real shame the engine was banned from the Aussie market
THe BearGlenwood80 posts

Yamaha 15 a brilliant outboard motor

When I retired I bought a Yamaha 15 hp motor from Watsons Trimming and Marine at Lismore, NSW. I then purchased a Stessl Edge Tracker 3.7 metre tinny and this was a perfect match. The motor bounced around the back of my Nissan for 5 years, often lying flat on its side with no bad effects. Always started first time, just a little choke when it was cold. Had a lot of use, it was the sweetest little motor dodging in and out of submerged trees and stumps chasing Red Claw. Smooth reverse . Motor never had a spanner on it, just a flush each time it was used. Found the motor extremely economical to use, I always used only Valvoline oil, but this was my personal choice. Only just sold it, probably a big mistake!!

Show details

waza
wazaHunter Region, NSW14 posts

yamaha v tohatsu

I purchased a 3.5 high side nomad with a 15 hp Yamaha package (new) in a Sydney marine sales yard to roof top on my 4x4 the out board ran fine start first pull but with fishing gear my son and myself wouldn't get out of the hole for a long distance and didn't have any speed tried another pitch prop made a slight improvement it seemed under powered wouldn't rev I took it back to the dealer and was told all OK yeah right I sold it at a loss as I wasn't happy with its performance I then purchased a 15hp tohatsu bolted it on what a difference it launched onto the plane seemed to have heaps more power and revs it flys the Yamaha was a nice little motor but tohatsu out preforms it easily and at a cheaper price

Lets see how long it lasts

Show details

John Javro
John JavroWide Bay-Burnett, QLD10 posts

Outstanding reliability

As a keen fisherman I have owned many outboards over the years, some good!, some not so good! But nothing compares to my little 15fmh! Being out on the water, reliability is the only thing that matters to me!.

I bought my yammie in 2003 and in all the years that I have owned it there has never been a single instance where I have had to pull the starter rope more than once! Not even after it has sat in the shed for months!

Squeeze the primer bulb, pull the choke, one pull of the starter rope, It goes! Never fails! Incredible!

saltshaker78
saltshaker78Darwin, NT9 posts

Super smooth outboard

I got this outboard on sale for $2390 and after looking at all options in this horsepower range I decided on the best. It is the best as it starts first pull every time. Lighter in weight compared to similar motors. Smooth in all the throttle ranges and is easy to use.
Smooth and starts first pull
Nothing at all  Show 2 replies