Yamaha 15F

Yamaha 15F

See the Best Outboard Motors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

Yamaha 15 a brilliant outboard motor

When I retired I bought a Yamaha 15 hp motor from Watsons Trimming and Marine at Lismore, NSW. I then purchased a Stessl Edge Tracker 3.7 metre tinny and this was a perfect match. The motor bounced around the back of my Nissan for 5 years, often lying flat on its side with no bad effects. Always started first time, just a little choke when it was cold. Had a lot of use, it was the sweetest little motor dodging in and out of submerged trees and stumps chasing Red Claw. Smooth reverse . Motor never had a spanner on it, just a flush each time it was used. Found the motor extremely economical to use, I always used only Valvoline oil, but this was my personal choice. Only just sold it, probably a big mistake!!

Date PurchasedJun 2010

waza

waza

yamaha v tohatsu

I purchased a 3.5 high side nomad with a 15 hp Yamaha package (new) in a Sydney marine sales yard to roof top on my 4x4 the out board ran fine start first pull but with fishing gear my son and myself wouldn't get out of the hole for a long distance and didn't have any speed tried another pitch prop made a slight improvement it seemed under powered wouldn't rev I took it back to the dealer and was told all OK yeah right I sold it at a loss as I wasn't happy with its performance I then purchased a 15hp tohatsu bolted it on what a difference it launched onto the plane seemed to have heaps more power and revs it flys the Yamaha was a nice little motor but tohatsu out preforms it easily and at a cheaper price
Lets see how long it lasts

Date PurchasedAug 2016

John JavroWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Outstanding reliability

As a keen fisherman I have owned many outboards over the years, some good!, some not so good! But nothing compares to my little 15fmh! Being out on the water, reliability is the only thing that matters to me!.
I bought my yammie in 2003 and in all the years that I have owned it there has never been a single instance where I have had to pull the starter rope more than once! Not even after it has sat in the shed for months!
Squeeze the primer bulb, pull the choke, one pull of the starter rope, It goes! Never fails! Incredible!

saltshaker78

saltshaker78Darwin, NT

Super smooth outboard

I got this outboard on sale for $2390 and after looking at all options in this horsepower range I decided on the best. It is the best as it starts first pull every time. Lighter in weight compared to similar motors. Smooth in all the throttle ranges and is easy to use.
Smooth and starts first pull
Nothing at all

billybass

I have 15hp 2 stroke,2012 model,runs as rough as guts until planing, dealer tells me its normal,any views any body?

fisher480
fisher480

They are very smooth. Get another dealer.