Yamaha FZ6S

Yamaha FZ6S

See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.9

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Samich
SamichSouth East Queensland, QLD

As tame as a Beast- for a 2005 Middle-weight Motorcycle

I've owned my FZ6S for 8 months and i must say for a medium- weight Motorcycle she is amazing! I use it for commuting during the week for my Business and sometimes in the weekends she gets the opportunity to show what she can really do on the Country roads, twisties and boy can she go. There's a different mode/tone/aggressiveness when she gets up to a certain speed- i suppose it's because the motor is derived from the R6- which gives it that medium/high revs when needed.
Love my Motorcycle

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great bike

Love this bike ! I was looking for something comfortable but sporty.. it ticked both boxes.. has that bit of power when needed and handles the corners perfectly. . I ride 200k per day for work and its perfect

Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Yamaha FZ6S compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

Brilliant!!!

spooled73
spooled73Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great everyday bike,with a bit of hooligan thrown in.

Hi, I've owned this bike for 2 years now,never a problem so far...very comfortable even on longer trips for me,handling and brakes great, very easy to do maintenance on bike which is important to me as I look after the bike myself.The only negatives I can think of is gearbox is a bit clunky especially as the oil gets older,bottom end torque is a bit poor but comes alive after 8000 rpm,which makes up for it. There is a myth about fuel surge jerkiness at lower rpm, which is not noticeable in my opinion( my bike is a S2 08 model) have thought about upgrading several times.... but I keep asking myself why?
Comfortable,great handling and easy to work on.
Gearbox clunky and low rpm torque is poor.

Jeztyr