Coles Milk Powder Skim

Coles Milk Powder Skim

See the Best Milk in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Greg M

Greg MAustralia

Coles Milk Powder Skim,

Joanne S

Joanne SAU

Great Value

This product is great value, one pack only costs $5.69 and it makes a full 10 liters of yummy low fat milk

SusannaW

SusannaWAU

Best skim milk

Never lumpy, tastes like full cream. Will never go back to normal milk after using this. Good health choice. Perfect.

zoeshipscatAU

Always use it

This is the only milk we buy and have done so for many years. I always have at least one packet in the pantry. I make up a large jugful every couple of days for general use, plus extra if I'm making white sauce or a fish chowder. Recently I have to skim a couple of large spoonfulls of lumps off the top of the milk jug - which I don't remember happening in the past. This is inconvenient and wasteful but unless the situation worsens I will continue to use Coles skim milk for convenience and taste.

WolffsgirlADELAIDE

used to make yogurt with it...doesnt work anymore processing must be dodgy

I always used this brand to make my homemade yogurt but the last time i went to use this brand none of my batches of yogurt would set as it used to. It is processed differently it may still be skim milk but there has been some change to whats in it or whats taken out of it to affect the balance if the yogurt wont set... dunno, cant put my finger on it but its dodgy for sure... and it goes lumpy now...never used to be like that. just makes you wonder, whats in it? or whats been added...or taken out??

MonicaSydney, NSW

A bit lumpy

I have been using Coles brand powdered skim milk for many years and have always made up 1 litre at a time. In the last couple of weeks, I am finding that the product goes lumpy after two or three days. I am not doing anything different so what's happened? I don't feel that I can use this product at the moment so will try another brand in the meantime.
Convenient
Suddenly lumpy

SusannaW

SusannaWasked

Hey has the lumpiness fixed up or is it still no good? Needing to start using Skim Milk Powder for my protein shakes and not sure whats good

zoeshipscat

Susanna, I only stir the powder in a jug with a spoon, and still get a few lumps which I just skim off. I'm sure if you were using it for shakes, you wouldn't get lumps. It's still the best tasting skim milk.

Monica

I use a hand whisk Susanna and, no I don't get any lumps at all now. I agree it is still the best tasting skim milk by far.

Wolffsgirl

If using a whizz bang cup style blender you won't have any issues..

Munchieasked

I have coles milk powder which I've put into a storage jar and unfortunately forgotten how to make the milk up...can someone help me?

Monica

Yes, I do the same thing. My rule of thumb is 1/2 metric cup to 500ml water. I find that a suitable mix for my purposes but I do always use a measure, rather than try and guess spoon sizes. You can add more powder if you would like a stronger milk - it's up to you but I wouldn't make it any weaker than the measurement I use as it can be very watery.

Munchie

Thanks so much Monica...i will try this later on when I get home

zoeshipscatasked

Does anybody know whether Coles Skim Milk Powder made from 100% Australian ingredients? The packet says "product of Australia." Does this mean it is made in Australia and contains only Australian milk, etc.?

Monica

I haven't thought about it but after receiving your query, I checked the ACCC Website and their explanation follows:

" ‘Product of’ and ‘Grown in’
'Product of' and 'Grown in' means that each significant ingredient or part of the product originated in the country claimed and almost all of the production processes occurred in that country.

‘Product of’ is often used for processed food and ‘Grown in’ is mostly used for fresh food.

For example

If ‘Product of Australia’ appears on a packet of smoked salmon, this means the salmon was both caught and smoked in Australia.
If ‘Grown in Australia’ appears on an apple, it was grown in Australia."

Consequences are pretty serious for misrepresentation so I would have to assume that it is all Australian. By the way, the lumpiness that I originally complained about has been overcome, probably by a small change in the manufacturing process. I am still using the product as nothing else I tried was as nice.

zoeshipscat

Thanks for clearing that up, Monica. I'm a bit paranoid about overseas ingredients or processing at the moment.

Wolffsgirl

Quickest way to find out is to call Coles . There should be a number on the package?

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives

CategoryMilk