Zodiac TRi Series Salt Chlorine Generator

Zodiac TRi Series Salt Chlorine Generator

Martin

MartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It’s in the bin

I replaced my Zodiac LM a few years back with a tri mid system. Four years on and the tri is in the garbage bin. Corroded middle cell fin, no flow, low salt, battery backup fail....you name it, I experienced it. Water chem checked regularly and has never been an issue. Local pool guy suggested I got conned buying the tri mid and that Zodiac had reverted back to the LM series.

I wasn’t keen to purchase another Zodiac product but also wasn’t keen to modify the plumbing to take another brand. A bit of research led me to the retrochlor system. 5 minutes and the entire new unit was up and running. 30 seconds longer to put the tri series in the bin

Purchased in May 2015.

Zodiac Ei 25 low salt light on

Hi,
My Ei 25 low salt light is ON and I have the following observation:
- Salt level is ok, 4500 ppm
- Chlorine bubble is in the cell chamber
- Chlorine level in the pool is very high, I have to disconnect the cell cable
- No improvement when a new cell was used
My next step is to replace the PCB. There are two PCBs I can find, one is the display PCB and the other is the power supply PCB. Which one is responsible for this sort of fault?

Purchased in February 2016 for $549.00.

Simon

Simon

Lasted 2 years. Broke immediately after warranty

Took it into the pool shop (not the one I bought it from and they said “oh, the TRI series” and ROLLED THEIR EYES. Not a very good model. Spent at least as much as it’s original price in servicing and upkeep, thrown in bin 4 years later.

Purchased in April 2013 for $900.00.

Pool Size Large
Calos

CalosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zodiac Tri Mid Salt Chlorinator - Bad Quality

Purchased in December 2014 for $800.00.

Pool Size Small

Motherboard malfunctioned after less than 10 days use. 6 weeks after warrenty claim still waiting.

Purchased in December 2018 for $575.00.

Ari

AriRockingham

My tri 17 chlorinator broken again

My second zodiac chlorinator has just failed "again" and I am completely over it. The little screen says "output fault" I will not be buying another zodiac chlorinator, I just spent more money yet again to find out that it is "probably" another PCB board failure. My first zodiac chlorinator lasted 5 years and went out with a board failure (cost about a million dollars to replace) and I bought another one and have got 3 years out of it... It's not good enough and zodiac should try to label, use or buy better quality components to sell.
Pools are costly enough as it is and this is just hopeless.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ari. Sorry to hear that you had these issues. The purchase date on your review shows August 2016 which would mean your unit is still in warranty? Can you please advise? Thanks.

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

11 months old and no warranty support

My pool is only 11 months old and the Chlorinator is playing up, its clock doesn't keep the time and ends up turning on at random throughout the day and night.

I've contacted Zodiac support to start a warranty claim and although initially being responsive they have gone very quiet with no reply for over 2 weeks.

Are they trying to delay until the 1 year warranty is over? I don't know, but apparently the battery that needs to be replaced is soldered in place and isn't user replaceable. Why they designed the unit like this I do not know, seems like a terrible design flaw.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Craig, Sorry about this. We definitely take the warranties on our Products seriously. Could I ask that you inbox us your contact number on Facebook or direct message here. We will look into what has happened and get this sorted asap. Thanks,

Thanks, I've sent you my number on Facebook. Looking forward to a call

Craig

Thanks for the fast call back guys, looking forward to the visit from the service agent next week.

Great product for the price.

Even though cell only lasted 4 years. The cost of replacement was $346. Which is very cheap at $1.66 per week. As any pool knows that cost is one of the cheapest things you can put into a pool. So Zodiac keep up the good work. I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, Wayne. Happy Swimming!

Not Happy with Zodiac

I have owned this Zodiac Tri Chlorinator for a little over three years. Often says No Pwr Check Supply or similar. Phoned Zodiac said just move leads to cell. Worked for a while. Now can't get error message to leave and won't make chlorine. Also purchased Zodiac cleaner at same time on recommendation of pool builder. Never worked well. After replacing a throat nearly every month for the first year at $40 a pop, decided to throw it out. Won't buy Zodiac again.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Grant. Sorry to hear you have had these issues. We have passed your feedback on.

Not impressed with Zodiac.

The pool had a Zodiac Tri chlorinator when we purchased the house in 2013. When it stopped working, we purchased another exactly the same so as not to change any plumbing, we also had to purchase another cell. We also have the zodiac pool cleaner, as we assumed they were a good make. Both have now stopped working again and now hesitant to purchase zodiac again as they are not cheap and don't want to have to keep replacing every 4 years.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Evelyn, Sorry to hear of these issues. Your Chlorinator is in warranty going off the date of your review. Please call us and we can help you. Our number is 130 763 021, Please mention that we asked you to call. Thanks.

Never buying Zodiac again

Built in features which stops cell from operating so you have to call a technician out to punch in “the special code”. Unit stopped working at 3yrs, been operating for more than a year without a chlorinator due to cost of replacement, thanks Zodiac for nothing! Replacing the unit now with something more reliable. Thumbs down Zodiac Tri Series.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Dave

DavePerth

What does a flashing blue light represent?

I own a Zodiac tri series chlorinator and the blue light is flashing and yellow light is on. I only placed 3 bags of salt into the pool three weeks ago. I haven’t been able to find out what the error message is? I’m wondering if it has something to do with the cell.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dave, May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team, we would be happy to go through this with you? Thanks.

gazaChristchurch

Everything does not last and is overpriced

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Gazza, This the Australian version of Product review. If you would like to send a DM with your details, I can have the Head Office contact you from the correct region. Thanks.

gaza

Hi there, Zodiac equipment is made from in Australia correct? then yes it is very relevant here.Maybe you should disguise where these overpriced products are made to avoid such reviews.

Customer C.Zodiac

We have suppliers in many different parts around the world as we are a global company.

CB1881Brisbane

Keeps on breaking down

Have had a TRI Large for a little over 4 years and it started playing up a little over a year ago, when just out of warranty (how convenient...). First the power outlet to the pump stopped working and then the low salt light kept on coming on even though pool salt levels were in the middle of acceptable range. A year later, it just stops making chlorine a few minutes after coming on. I would expect these things to last more than this for the money.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team? Thanks.

CB1881

It’s 4 years old. They told me to take it to a dealer. Not much help really. I have since had it looked at and PCB is fried and cell is dead. I would expect a longer life from these things...

Would not recommend zodiac

My pool was built 5 years ago and over the past 3 years I have had nothing but problems with the zodiac equipment it came with. Each time zodiac have said the problem is not warranty covered. Today was the last straw as it seems we are not producing chlorine and similar to another review our self cleaning cell has had most of the centre electrode erode away. These are not cheap devices and should be better supported. Our robot cleaner has twice lost its wheels, our pump shorted out and now this. Not very good.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dale. I would be happy to look into this for you, however I would need some further details. Could you please DM your email address? Thanks.

Will75010Ste Cecile du Cayrou, France

Great when it works but.....

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, May we ask what output your Unit is at? Thanks.

Will75010

Screen says 10% but it’s producing nothing. Before at same 10% one could see the cloud of Chlor

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you. What is your salt level in ppm? and where are you located? Thanks.

Not overly impressed

I have just replaced my unit as the cost to replace was more cost effective than repair. My previous unit worked okay for a while but I wouldn't classify the experience as brilliant. If it fails again I will be definitely looking at other options/suppliers not only for this piece of equipment but for my other Zodiac products (eg pool heater).

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Rover. May I clarify the details of your Review? Is this regarding your new Unit from August 2018? Thanks.

My experience

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Phi, Thank you for your review. If we can help you in the future, please contact us directly, Thanks.

Big heap of junk on the market

Date PurchasedMay 2015

AnthonyCBrisbane

Internal battery died after 4 years. Bad design.

Works OK but the backup battery died after 4 years. Cannot remember the time anymore and every time the power goes out (on off-peak tariff) it will reset time to 0:00 and worst... it will set the output to 10%. This is annoying - why the default output is 10% anyway??
Turned out the battery is hard wired on the PCB. Yep great - Who the heck design this? No battery last forever!
I believe some pool shops will say you need a new PCB and happily slug customers hundreds of dollars just to actually replace the battery.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your review, The Backup Battery is apart of the Board. I can certainly pass this feedback on for you.
Are you able to use the Boost function? Thanks.

Jeremy G.

Jeremy G.asked

I have a Zodiac ei chlorinator, it has worked perfectly all summer, in fact for 5 years.
Now the display is blank, on/off does nothing, no output to cell.
I have checked supply and all fuses, they are OK.
The only sign of life is when the filtration pump is stopped the red "Flow" LED illuminates.
Any help please?

Terry F.

Terry F.asked

I have a new Zodiac TRi-XO Saltwater Chlorinator. The flow is fine, but when in off mode, the flow red light is on. Is there a problem? Thanks

Paul D

Paul Dasked

My chlorinator has switched off the pump and the faceplate shows polarity has been reversed as electrodes are in cleaning mode but there is no solution flow. What can be effected to rectify the problem?

Luke Harper
Luke Harper

Aquamech Services repairs all brands of chlorinators, including Zodiac Tri models, in house at our workshop located in Woolloongabba.
While there are various causes for many issues, most are easily repaired and we have extensive experience with these models, among others.
We pride ourselves on honest advice and the quality of parts and labour that we put into every repair and our prices are the best in Brisbane. All repairs are back up with a 12 month warranty
Aquamech Services are experienced, Licenced Electricians and all repairs are electrically tested for your safety and are also test and tagged in accordance with Australian Standards.
With a 24 hour turnaround on quotes and fast repairs - most done within 24 hours of your approval – Aquamech Services will help you get your pool back up and running properly within a week. No work will be done until your approval is given.
We have a wide range of cells and parts in stock in order to complete all repairs as quickly as possible.
Call us on 07 3067 7956 or email info@aquamechservices.com.au to find out how we can help you today.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives