2Mahindra XUV500

Boot Size
Comfort
Features
4.3
Brand Manager for Mahindra XUV500? Claim your listing.

yoshiandbaehousesitting
RichardPerth western Australia4 posts
Raghu
RaghuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
  W8

A good car. As good as any in it's category

I currently own 2018 XUV500 W8 petrol AWD automatic. Previously owned Kluger, X-Trail - XUV is just as good as any of them . Drives well as any of the cars mentioned. XUV Doesn't feel bulky or cumbersome as the other previous cars. interior is roomy. There is bit of grunt while starting, quiet on cruise. Very economical. Highly recommended.

WillsNsw, 225929 posts
Eggr
EggrMelbourne2 posts
Oggo
OggoAU3 posts
Ken
Ken2 posts
  XUV500

I have the AWD version massive fan

I am a Brit' aircraft engineer living in Goa India I have the AWD version new Oct 2013. 50,000 km's fantasic car. Been up to Jammu & Kashmir mountains driven over the highest drivable pass in the world 5602 meters ASL. Night stopped at 4200 meter above ASL temp ar -2 Deg c started next day 2 turns of the key get glow plug nice and hot 1st turn of the key away she went no issues. Even up and down the passes got 700+kms per tank and that to car on scales at 2460 kg's all our stuff and 2 people. A/C work well in +50 Deg C heat so for me good all round car.

We are moving to Australia in 1 or 2 years time wish I could bring it with us but importing to much trouble and cost.

Jacob
Jacob
  XUV500

Perfect and waiting for automatic to come to Australia

My car has done 40000 kms ,and still in excellent condition. I am waiting for it's automatic variant which is supposed to come in mid 2016.

Try and feel a car which has done about 50000 kms rather than relying on my verbal explanation, and which will surely make you experience the reality.

drewsta
drewsta
  XUV500

This car was a complete failure for us

Not all experiences will be the same as ours.

Rear diff replaced 4 times, all 4 windows replaced, brakes replaced, cd replaced, indicator replaced, windscreen rubber replaced, door lights replaced, interior on tailgate peeled away. Unexplained noises from engine, loud road noise and wobble at 110kph. This was all before 30,000kms. Its just done over 50,000 and the rear aircon has failed, the warrant has now run out. We have traded it now before it completely burns us. It's very economical and has some great features but the poor build quality may bite you in the end.

Subhash
Design
Anil
AnilPerth, WA4 posts

Bold,strong and muscular

My advice is : please dont buy a car based on the reviews you read, drive it and you would love this car.if mahindra could survive in tough Indian roads and climates,for years why cant it do it in the buttery roads in Australia.I bought this beautiful car a month ago and a big admirer to it.

PGK