J120, J150, J90
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

Purchased in May 2021.

Santhosh
SanthoshSydney, NSW

New Prado VX 2021 WoooW Experience

Purchased in January 2021.

Bad vibration at 1500rpm. Toyota says it's normal

I bought a new 2020 GXL Prado in December 2020. From the first day I picked it up I noticed a vibration/shudder at about 1500-1700rpm. Took it back to the dealer who got Toyota technical people out to look at it. They agreed the car had a vibration/shudder, and I asked for the vehicle to be replaced.
Toyota Australia have said that ALL Prados do it and they consider it is not a fault.
Toyota customer service is terrible. I have owned Toyota vehicles for 40 years and never had a problem, but now that a vehicle has an issue, they run away.
Don't buy a toyota vehicle unless you drive it first.
Toyota do not stand behind their products.

Sarah H
Sarah HCoffs Harbour

Peeling paint and suspension fail

Won't be buying one of these again. Almost every panel has peeling paint and I had to completely replace the air-bag suspension on a ten year old car, and it was the Grande model. Why wont Toyota Australia cover the warranty on the paint, as at present they've got a heap of Toyotas with peeling paint driving around with every other driver looking at it and thinking to themselves "I won't buy a Toyota because I've seen so many with peeling paint." Imagine the good publicity Toyota would have if they honoured the extended warranty.

I've just created a public Facebook page titled "Toyota Australia Peeling Paint." Please join if you are in the same boat.

Purchased in November 2014 for $28,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
bizins
bizinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Updated 150kw engine completes the appeal

Purchased in September 2020 for $69,000.00.

David
DavidPerth

Most reliable SUV

Kate
KateWestern Australia

Waste of too much money

Purchased in November 2019 at Toyota bunbury for $66,000.00.

Cammo1971
Cammo1971

Toyota has lost its way

Purchased in May 2019 for $70,000.00.

Shellie C.
Shellie C.Sydney, NSW

Paint Peeling

Garaged Prado 2008 every panel of paint is peeling. I have worked from home for over 20 years.

My car is worth nothing now, and every other country has extended the paint warranty to 14 years because Toyota have accepted there was manufactuer fault in the clear coat in the Pear Blizzard.

What I dont understand is why Toyota Australia think they are exempt from this direction passed down from Toyota.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Please contact me on Facebook Shellie Coan

BoughtUsed
Year2008
Shane G
Shane G

Peeling Paint

Purchased in June 2015 at Toyota Dealers for $40,000.00.

Victor
VictorSydney, NSW

Great 4WD SUV

Purchased in August 2019 at Toyota Dealers.

Jarrod
JarrodEyre Peninsula, SA

Extremely reliable!

I bought my 2008 turbo diesel prado in 2010 with 75,000kms on it. We now have 256,000 and not had an ounce of trouble. I installed arb after market suspension with lift when I first purchased. I believe this is a must have. This vehicle has been very capable off road and towing our 2.4t caravan.
Highly recommend this model for reliability.

Purchased in September 2010 for $54,000.00.

Mick
MickPerth, WA

Brilliant 4WD

I bought my second Prado a diesel in December 2001, it now has 688000 k’s all driven by myself. Oil and filter has been changed every 5000 K’s using basic oil and after market filters and uses not one drop of oil between changes Toyota service about every 100000 K’s. Only thing changed or replaced is the radiator.
My work is on civil engineering projects throughout WA so in lots of tough conditions, carrying loads and towing quite a bit.
Now it needs quite a bit of work doing.
It’s simply a fantastic vehicle.

TransmissionAutomatic
Jack H.
Jack H.South East Queensland, QLD

The most reliable car ever made

Car was purchased at 88000kms, drove till 115000kms, service as required. Went off road on occasions, never disappointed me. Sold the car after 2.5 years, price depreciated 5000 in total. I mean I could sell it for 1500 more but was eager to get my next car, so just agreed to the first offer. Sold within 4 days of posting ads on carsales. If your looking for something reliable with good resale value or good for off road, don't go chasing butterflies after land rovers, get Toyotas and mission accomplished.

Purchased in February 2018.

Read more reviews - page 2