2012 Polygon Collosus CRX

2012 Polygon Collosus CRX

5.0 from 1 review

Polygon Collosus CRX "A colossal impact into the XCM Marathon scene"

The over bearing feeling I've had from racing the CRX is the confidence it has given me. At times I struggle with confidence in my ability to hit lines hard and fast on technical single track. I have found myself passing through single track with confidence; freeing me up to focus on racing and hitting smooth lines. As tight single track is something I need to work on for the Australian Marathons, it is great to have a predictable and trustworthy bike underneath me.
I think the stiffer front end, due to the thru-axle, really helps in giving the bike a natural flow, without a ‘twitchy’ feeling. It definitely improves braking efficiency and when coupled with the XTR brakes, makes for a perfect meld. When gearing up for a big effort on the road or punchy climb, the thu-axle stiffness is really noticed – no loss of energy there. Its great to find a bike dominating over rock gardens etc. the suspension is perfect for this, with oodles of rear traction on rockier and trickier climbs.
Overall – CRX Colossus is a great bike, specs galore and amazing bang for your buck!The descending/single track ability really adds to a rider’s confidence with predictability and reliability. Mechanical problems have been zero, so great to have a reliable ride. An extra bonus is the suspension really does save the body energy for a last 20km hit out to the finish!
Specs galore, great price, efficiency on rough or rocky ground, Weight: 10.6kg dually is pretty good!
Not much apart from changing; seat post clamp to non-quick release, changed handle bar grips, 2.2 front tire