Abey Schock

Abey Schock Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Abey? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

12 questions from our users

LucindaCM
LucindaCMasked

Hi guys. My white Abey Schick sink got installed today. I have a butter chicken pan and spag bol pan needing a wash. Terrified to wash in the sink, should i get a bright orange ring on day 1. How do these sinks perform with those terrible reds?

Sue
Sueasked

Can you put hot items straight out of oven on sink?

Angelique R.
Angelique R.asked

need a cleaning details for the schock sink its white and staining

DPR17
DPR17

We have the black version and don't notice any stains. Have you tried calling customer service? I called them prior to purchasing to ask about the cracking issues and they were helpful. They lady I spoke to mentioned they had a white sink in their staff kitchen that takes a beating with coffee and the like, they should have some ideas.

Angelique R.
Angelique R.asked

how to clean and get rid of stains

Fiona
Fiona

Try the Schock polishing kit, code 629018 Abey Australia Website

Alan B.asked

What to use to seal the schock sink into bench top

Linda

Hi Alan. The sink comes with a bead of mastic that is recommended. They advise to NOT use silicon to seal it......something about reacting to the composite material. The mastic takes months to settle and does squish out a little bit. I trimmed it with a stanley knife (depending on benchtoo) as it did. Ours is now well over two years old & no problems whatsoever with seal.

Alan B.

Thanks Linda, but my sink did not come with any sealant of any kind.

Donna W.
Donna W.asked

Can an Insinkerator garbage disposal unit be safely used in a Schock sink?

Linda

Hi Donna. I really think you need to contact Abey on that one and not take a reviewers advice. Insinkerators create a lot of vibration, which doesn't affect stainless steel sinks but could affect ANY composite, not just the Abey. As a house flipper, I wouldn't put one in a composite sink in any of my houses, I personally think the risk is too high. Cheers.

Pitstopteddy12
Pitstopteddy12asked

What is best to use to clean black lithos sink?

Linda

I persoanally use Bar Keepers Friend. It is a softer liquid cleanser than Jif. For any scuffs or surface staining I use a high grit wet & dry sandpaper very gently in circular motion.....but I've only had to do that twice in 18 months. After each use I 'dry off' the sink with a sponge. It keeps it from looking water stained and like new & takes less than a minute.

Trish
Trishasked

Can you put boiling water in without cracking the sink?

DOS
DOS

I don’t know. After replacing the first sink because it cracked we have been very careful about what goes in to it and have not put boiling water in to it.

In theory it should be ok. But in theory our first sink shouldn’t have cracked.

MelN
MelN

Yes, and regularly. No problems thus far. Since hearing about some of these sinks cracking I admit I’ve been more careful putting the pot that had the boiling water direct into the sink (I run cold water first).

Linda

I had heard about the sinks cracking with boiling water poured into them, but on investigation (before we purchased) we found out that the earlier ones were cast with just the granite composite material and nothing else, hence they were cracking. Abey rectified this by wrapping the underneath with fibreglass after casting the granite and claim this has stopped the problem. I am a little careful and don't willy nilly pour boiling water straight into the bowl in a concentrated area, I try and aim it for the sinkhole. But I do place a colander in the sink and pour in veggies or pasta and so far (cross fingers) I haven't had any problems! And yes, still love our sink!

Staffydad
Staffydadasked

Can you use normal everyday non bleach based products in the sink, spray n wipe etc?

Linda

Hi Staffydad (love the fur baby photo!). I haven't used any bleach on the surface but I do regularly stuff paper towel in the plug hole and drip bleach through it to freshen the drain so if any has splashed on the sink itself I haven't seen any damage. I use Spray n Wipe after each dish wash (pots n pans & wineglasses in sink, dishes go in the auto "houseboy" ;-) ) but for a real clean I use either Barkeepers Friend or liquid Jif. Both get out any light scratches or marks on the surface without causing any damage. I generally do this a few times a week.
But to keep out looking lovely after each use I simply run the sponge over all of it to 'dry' it and keep water spots to a minimum. As I did this with my SS sink anyway so no big issue for me.

Lisa.asked

after reading these reviews I am now uncertain now about buying a Schock sink. I had my heart set on buying one for the last three years. Our renovations are taking along time, but as we are nearing the next phase of our kitchen design I thought I better get on to buying my Schock sink. I had not anticipated such bad reviews. Now I am undecided on a purchase. We live in country WA and it is not that simple to replace something like this if it is not satisfactory. Any ideas?????

JulieN
JulieN

I'm very happy with mine (it's a black one) and would certainly buy one again. When the first one cracked, within a year of installation, Schock (via the retailer) replaced it promptly - no cost to us at all.

Nathan
Nathan

We still haven't been able to resolve the issue. We cant prove where it was purchased, but do know it was within the warranty period.
So its still sitting in the kitchen with a giant crack!
send me an email to nathan.buckley7@bigpond.com and ill send you a photo.

It was a pretty simple thing that made it crack, (cooking noodles for kids and pouring hot water into the sink)
so I wouldn't trust one again and we are trying to find an alternative thats not glass or porcelain.
Its not easy finding something that looks as good, but based on how many others I know have cracked I wont be spending the money.
Hopefully we will get a replacement for free.

Lisa.

Thank you for the replies to my question.
It does not make it easier, and still looks like there is a split 50/50 in what has been either a good / bad purchase. I hope for those who are trying to resolve their issues that you have a positive outcome and I will continue to search for something that is suitable for our kitchen and the look I want.
Cheers.
Nathan I will send you an email so you can send me a picture which could be helpful. Thank you.

sammi
sammiasked

Hi, I'm looking at buying the black Abey sink. I've always had the stain steel but I would love the black one to match with the new colours and décor. I've read mixed reviews and scared of buying and getting stuck with it being scratched and cracked as I use it a lot daily. Can anyone offer advice on this please?

MMS
MMS

We've been using this sink now for two years and love it. I really haven't had any cracking/scratching issues. Perhaps we've been lucky??? However, we use it extensively daily and haven't been "gentle" with it at all. It goes though our daily household routine - we aren't "precious" in our kitchen. We have the black sink. I previously always had a stainless steel sink and would never go back to one. I hope we now don't have an issue, but to date, everything has been great. I've recommended it to many people, and haven't heard any complaints to date. Perhaps there was a bad batch - who know. But I love our sink and rave about it to everyone!!!!@

Tanya
Tanya

I loved my sink but then dropped something in it. The sink cracked and Abey not helpful. They said it was covered and we had to pay for another sink. Corners are weak. It would be a gamble.

Stejac
Stejacasked

Used our brand new black schock granite sink tonight for second day only. Poured boiling pasta water into sink and a loud pop occurred. Inspection found a crack at the base. Has anyone else had a faulty Schock sink. I'm concerned about replacing it with the same model. Stejac

romy
romy

Hi , I have had 2 of these sinks, one black and now a white one.I havent had any problems at all. It may be a faulty sink or damaged when installed. I pour hot water all of the time into them and I also put hot saucepans on top and have never had an issue.

Other Sinks