Absco Bike Shed

Absco Bike Shed

Are you kidding ?

Bought a bike shed on clearance at Bunnings for $99 . Should have gone to Salvos and bought a lace curtain for 50 cents and covered the bicycles with it, it would have been much stronger and more weatherproof. Very sad

Purchased in April 2019 for $99.00.

Challenging to erect, panels do not align perfectly

The Absco bike shed is a handy little shed for back yard storage. For a home handyman, it wasn't too difficult to put together. However, some of the diagrams could be improved (for example, it was difficult to tell which way to attach the hinges). Most of the panels aligned, but the I found the front two doors did not fit together, and I have to cut about 1cm off one of the doors to make them fit. After about three quarters of the way into the instructions, I stopped following them and did a lot of improvisation to "make things work". The "Snap-Tite" system described by Absco gives the impression of a significant time saving, and while it did result in some time savings it still took a considerable amount of time (total 8-10 hours) to erect the shed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $175.00.

Hi Allan, Sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble assembling your shed. We are always taking on feedback and are looking at improving the bike shed instruction manual. Thank you for your feedback. Alyssa

Confusing, poorly written instructions

I have previous built an Absco shed and it was a nightmare, I put it down to the fact I built it in the middle of my property as it was being used as a pump shed, and working in the dirt may have made the situation worse. This time I have Absco the benefit of the doubt and purchased a bike shed to house my air comproessor. Upon opening the kit I found a number of the woodland grey sheets were damaged, packing them on top of each other when they are different heights has to cause running during transport?? The instructions are poor st best and whilst the videos on the app help, they show assembly of a shed where all of the holes must line up and all of the pieces are correct length. I understand these sheds are cheap but given them the volume they must sell surely it wouldn’t be hard to create a better set of instructions? This shed would also benefit from a brace in the middle st the top as the top of the shed moves when trying to open the doors.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hi Shane, Thank you for the review and we apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced during the assemble. I would like to hear more about the issues you have encountered and provide assistance where needed. Our Customer Service Hotline is open 7 days a week. I would also like to send you a private message so I can contact you regarding this issues you have with your Bike Shed. Regards, Marius

Great Bike or Garden tool shed

Wanted a small shed suitable for a couple of bikes, found this on-line at Simply Sheds.
Perfect size, and included free delivery. Instructions could have been better, but overall great value.

Purchased in October 2018 for $209.00.

Value for money.

Shed was well-priced (very competitive). Instructional videos were good. There were a few small gaps in the instructions but nothing you couldn't figure out on your own. For the price paid it is a value for money shed. Relatively easy to build but definitely a two man job - one to hold, the other to rivet or screw. Allow a full day. I installed it against the side of the house using an aluminium angle screw to the wall. Worked well.

Purchased in September 2018 at Simply Sheds for $265.00.

Great

Shed is great but ok only down fall is that the app was not working at the time I got my shed and not all of the holes lined up so I had to drill new holes to put it together.

Good shed for price

Purchased shed online, the instructions are fairly detailed and you need to follow them precisely also used the Absco app as well with some great videos and tips, it does take a while so make sure you put aside a good part of the day and you have enough space to lay out all the parts, you may also need some extra tools like pop rivet pliers unfortunately this is not mentioned on the box, once completed looks great you will also need to bolt your shed to the floor in my case I used a timber deck floor. Overall great product

I challenge ABSCO

I Challenge ABSCO to assemble this model shed, as instructed in the manual, in less than 5 hours. And I am happy to sit and watch at a local Bunnings store, and even supply coffee for your representative. You advertise your sheds as the easiest in the world to assemble,and if that is so, I would hate to have to assemble any others. had I been able to see the part list and instructions before purchasing, I would not have purchased the shed. Over 100 parts and 300 fixings. I am 62 years old and a tradesman.I believe I know what I am doing and I have enjoyed assembling furniture etc for many years, and follow manufacturer's instructions to the page. From setting out and checking all the pieces, as instructed before starting assembly - and this took nearly 1 hour, to following the assembly instructions, which were clear and accurate for the first few pages, but as the instructions went on, they became less clear both in wording and pictures. the pieces, although clearly marked with a code/number, did not clearly have top/ bottom, left or right marked, and any panels without holes or other identifying marks were difficult to place correctly, and in fact some had to be disassembled as they were around the wrong way. Over 5 hours later, the shed was completed and is very suitable for its purpose - storing bicycles. Except that it is advertised as able to store up to 3 bikes, but there is no way I can fit 3 Adult bikes inside it. definetely 2 adult bikes and possibly a child's bike, but not 3 adult bikes. The worst issue is that the front and back are all the same height. Therefore the roof is flat, so when it rains, the water simply builds up on the roof sheets and eventually dribbles down the inside walls of the shed. No holes in the end cappings around the sheets so that the water might drip out on the outside of the shed. Or even make the back 50mm lower than the front, and with holes in the capping sections around the sheets, the water can flow out and down the outside of the shed, rather than the inside. The only saving grace is that with bikes, only 1 end of a handlebar is against the wall, so very minimal water can actually drip onto the bike. However, if you have a solid concrete base, the water will build up and can damage the wheels/tyres.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Ivan, Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your Bike Shed took longer to assemble than expected. We do supply step-by-step videos on our Assembly App/YouTube channel for some extra support. Water should not be flooding the inside of the shed. The flat roof should overhang over the walls slightly, allowing any water to run to the channels on the roof and fall down the outside of the shed. If you could please send some photos through we can have a look at why this might be happening and see what can be done to fix it. We also sell this model with a skillion roof, taller at the back and shorter at the front. However flat roof design is great for tight spaces, given the rise in apartment living. If you would like us to look into this further, send an email to myself, Rosie at admin@absco.com.au with photos and your best contact information and we can go from there. Thank you Rosie

very good product

the snap lock i find smart..assembly very easy. the pre drilled holes were on the spot. we had fun assembling it. the component were properly marked.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great sized shed - suited our needs

We were looking for a small, low shed to use as storage. Although this is sold as a bike shed it serves our purpose well. Great size and good access.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Sticky

Marketed as ‘the worlds easiest shed to assemble’ - Far from the truth!
Husband is very handy-took him a full day to assemble. Not a smooth product-doors need to be shimmied shut. Would not recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Basically unusable

Painful to put together (pre-drilled holes not alighned etc). and so flimsy and poorly designed that it is basically unusable. The doors stick when you try to open or close them, the top sags... Really, really poor quality. Don't buy this shed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Anya, This sounds terrible, I'm sorry that you are having such major problems. We would really like to investigate further to find out what is causing these issues -especially as to why the roof would be sagging. Would you be able to send some photos through to me directly? rosie@absco.com.au Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Anya, Rosie

Great shed- not so easy to assemble

This bike shed is the perfect size to lock up on bikes in our courtyard of our unit. It’s easy to get bikes in and out. It looks great! Was not easy to put together and extra tools required meaning two trips to Bunnings. Overall very happy now it’s assembled!

Good value shed

Perfect size shed for our bikes and other ride on's. Easy to assemble and get to items in shed as it opens from the top and the front. Good value for the price you pay. Would recommend

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not as simple as it looks

Bike shed wasn’t as easy as displayed to construct. Written instructions were limited, pre drilled holes didn’t always line up. Instructions stated you needed a pop riverter to put it together so I purchased one only to find I didn’t need it as a drill was all that way required

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good Shed - pain to assemble

Purchased shed to store a number of push bikes that we have. The package arrived very quickly in a flatpack. After unwrapping the box I have found a multitude of parts. I have attempted to download Absco app through my phone and follow instructions then. However, no instructions were available for the model.

Paper instructions were not clear in the number of parts and it took around 2 full working days between 2 people to assemble the shed. I have also found that front hinge came off screws only a few after.

Overall, the assembly is a big nightmare with instructions are not very clear in places. You better-paying someone to assemble this for you, although the price would probably double. Apart from that, this shed is just like other garden sheds you buy from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Exactly what we were looking for!

We needed an outdoor locker big enough to store our outdoor setting chairs... and this bike shed is exactly the right thing for that. Can very quickly through Simply Sheds, was easy to assemble, great instructions and stiff and strong once i loxoned each corner to some pavers.

Difficult and Frustrating

Took me a long time to put together. Had to guess on quite a few occasions and then undo and re-do sections, as instructions did not cover some steps. I thought at times that the manufacturer was trying to make the construction of the shed into some kind of test (certainly tested my patience!). I also found it difficult to understand why some holes were not pre-drilled, and others did not line up. I had never used a rivet gun before, so at least I can add that skill to my armory now. A lot of work and time could have been saved if the parts of the shed were connected in the flat pack. This could be done without any space being compromised.

Low cost.

We purchased an Absco Space Saver Shed 18/04/2018, 1.52m x 0.78m for $199 - which is good value when you think seriously. Yes you need to spend a day assembling it and yes some holes aren't quite punched through or don't line up and yes you have to drill some holes yourself but what do you want for $199! The finished shed is great, its sturdy and solid thanks to the skillful craftsman who assembled it (thats me). My wife felt very loved because of all the effort I had to put into assembling the shed and bolting to the floor.

We then purchased a Absco Bike Shed 26/06/2018, 2.26m x 0.78m x 1.31 for $265 which is also good value. Same issues as before - a day to build, issues with some holes etc but still worth the money. I guess if you paid a professional to assemble and install one of these sheds properly you would pay $800. Its comes in a convenient flatpack, and if assembled and installed well, will be strong, rigid and weatherproof.

I am spending the time to write these review because I have been offered $20 Coles voucher for writing a review.

Hope this helps.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Assembly a nightmare, and end product somewhat wobbly

The assembly of this small bike shed proved a nightmare that stretched over two weekends (including assembly of wooden base) - principally because the assembly instructions were not very clear (very poor quality print/drawing) and, most importantly, the claimed pre-drilled screw holes were either non-existent or totally mis-aligned (and needed to be re-drilled). What should have fitted together neatly instead needed a lot of adjustment, which did not always work, such as the lock connecting the shed roof (which can be opened and closed) to the shed front. Pre-drilled holes were totally out of sync. In order to make all fit, I eventually was forced to purchase and fit a bolt to the side of the shed to align roof and side walls, without which there would have been a gap between both - not good for keeping the rain out.
All the tweaks also meant that the two front doors don't align and need some gentle force to open and close. In sum - poor manufacturing, very disappointing. At one point I was close to asking for a refund, then but I had been warned: when researching the product, I had come across several earlier reviews of DIYers with similar unfortunate experiences.