MPN: NX.GQ4SA.002

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A good light weight laptop (no cd or dvd player though)

While Windows is in itself a good operating platform has too many useless programs.
Acer's programs seam ok so far even though I had to uninstall it's trial programs.
This is what I have now so I get 2 hrs on battery.

Purchased in July 2019 at Office Works Ballarat for $497.00.

poor performance and flaws

Aspire 3 A315-32-P132. I purchased this being my third Acer since the last two I was happy with. What a piece of garbage this has been. Mouse is weak and unresponsive since nearly day one. Troubles with the power turning on and very slow! Continuous have to update drivers. I won't buy an Acer again! Avoid this product.

Purchased in July 2018.

Good entry level laptop

Ok, so to be specific. The Laptop I purchased is Acer Aspire A315-32-P80G 15.6" HD Intel Pentium Laptop.
This has a Intel Pentium Silver n5000 1.1GHz quad core processor, 4Gb RAM, 500 Gb Hard drive and comes with Windows 10 Home.
On start up it was a little slow, running through the promps to get it all installed and updated.
Once your in I still found it to be a little slow. What you're not told is there are performance blockers applied to your default settings.
Tweaking these makes this laptop GREAT VALUE for money.
If you're like me your laptop is plugged into the wall 90% of the time. Changing your power plan settings from "balanced" or "eco" mode to "high performance" can really change the speed of this laptop. (if its not listed as one of the options, you can click on "create a power plan" and choose "high performance")
Other small things like, changing transparency can help unlock some resources too. Click windows, then settings, then personalisation, then colours. Scroll down and click transparency off.

Still, it will not be the fastest laptop you'll experience. Start up is a little slow (between 30-45 seconds to boot up), opening your internet browser is a little slow (about 15-20 seconds to load), however, once your in, it works with little delay! It's just start up that is the slower part.
I picked it up for $425. For this value, I give it 4 stars ****
The only con for this laptop, for me, the screen resolution is 1366 x 768

EDIT** Upon using the laptop more frequently, boot up is running much faster (10 seconds and your in)
Opening your internet browser still takes around 15-20 seconds before you can type something in the URL.

Purchased in June 2019 at Centrecom for $425.00.

ACER ,,,ACED ME ITS JUNK …..

recently bought the acer aspire3 A 315-216 15.6'' at Harvey normans I have never experienced such a terrible slow ,laptop it was to be used for quick reference at uni everyone else is up running and gone. im still waiting for it to open DONT BUY this piece of junk its been back and supposedly repaired ...its not ...its off to the tip with this one ...sure its cheap that's an understatement

Purchased in March 2018.

ACER Rubbish Product Rubbish Customer Support

Purchased ACER Aspire A315-41 in August 2018. Product had issue from basically day 1, screen would go blue shut down and restart. Reported issue to Acer they had me do factory resets several times, upgrades etc., sent unit back to them 5 times after the 6th request from them to return unit to them I had enough and the retailer took on the issue.
The retailer witnessed the problem themselves and requested ACER to refund me.
I believe ACER may have just repackaged my laptop each time and returned it to me as there was never a improvement I think they were hoping to wear me down so the issue would be forgotten.
After my experience I will never purchase another ACER product please think hard yourself before purchasing a product from them !
THANK YOU Harvey Norman for your support !

Date PurchasedAug 2018

so slow I should have read others reviews beforehand

Its the slowest laptop I have ever owned. Everything takes forever to open and start running. Its so annoying because I purchased this to improve my laptop speed over my old one yet Ive gone backwards. If your about to purchase a new laptop spend the time and read others reviews because it will save you money and frustration

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great all rounder

Not had a problem at all with this gem. Great battery life. Light weight and a great size to fit into my handbag. The versatile screen options are great for watching movies. Reading a big and scrolling through. Easy to change between modes and the option of touch screen is definitely a huge bonus! I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good medium size unit

Acer 15.6'' laptop purchased from harvey norman. Excellent value for money. Large clear screen easy large keys on keypad (not backlit), all the connectivity you would expect, wifi, ethernet, blue tooth. Fast reliable windows 10 installed. Easy to set up wifi printing, will sink with your mobile with no problems. Ample installed apps with heaps of memory 1TB and extended with SD card.
In closing great little unit for both first time user and experienced user.

Terrible

In all honesty the worst laptop i have spent my money on. Was promised a good, fast, proficient laptop at a decent price but has failed me since day one. Multiple glitches, slow as anything, doesn't even connect to WiFi! Do not buy!! Spent a lot of time over the phone with tech support who guarantee the laptop is good but they will lie as much as possible just to satisfy the customer.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good value but...

Brought this laptop for $675. has AMD A9 chip capable of 3.6 GHZ, Radeon 520 graphics card with 2GB dedicated VRAM and 8 gig DDR4 RAM. when I first tried it it was slow, but after taking Norton anti virus off and adjusting the CPU settings for maximum performance it is now very quick. It also comes with a blue light shield to help protect your eyes. The graphics card settings can also be adjusted. This machine runs windows 10 and browsing the internet is only fast using the Microsoft edge browser. It seems like Microsoft slows down the other browsers when you launch them to make their browser seem faster

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Its ok but

Recently purchased Acer Aspire3 notebook...it claims to be faster but I find it extremely slow. Has all the features that you would expect in a notebook or laptop today.
Is ok, good not great.

Bought this from Harvey Norman

After asking the Harvey Norman staff at Broadway shopping centre, we picked this labtop on price and needs but it seems to run pretty slowly, my missus says even her 5 year old labtop boots up quicker than this labtop. We only use it for basic tasks like emails and looking on the internet but we were expecting it to be a bit faster than it is

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good value for a budget laptop with 15.6" display

It's pretty hard to go wrong with this entry level laptop currently selling at Harvey Norman for $387.00. If your needs are basic, then this laptop could be for you. It has an AMD processor, 4GB RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. Unless you intend to store a lot of graphics files, and require above average processing power, this laptop does the job.
The first thing I did, was remove Norton Security, and any other programs that I did not need, which might slow the laptop down. I'm happy to stick with Microsoft Defender for AV as my browsing habits are low risk. I like the feel of the keyboard, and general presentation of the laptop. The internal fan can bee a bit noisy. Keep in mind that you do not get a CD/DVD drive with this model, but who cares, as most software is downloaded these days. This Acer laptop has access panels underneath, so that you can easily upgrade the RAM and HDD if you want to. Unlike my low-end HP laptop which has no access panels for the RAM and hard drive.

So far, this laptop meets my expectations and requirements.

Date PurchasedJan 2018