Actil First Line Sheets

2.6

11 reviews · Statistics

36% · 47 · 64%

Comfort
Brand Manager for Actil? Claim your listing.
See the Best Sheets & Blankets in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Angandcol
AngandcolNSWHunter Region, NSW7 posts

100% cotton ACTIL HOTEL

These sheets pilled after first wash ! terrible feels like lying on sandpaper. I think ACTIL is no longer made in Australia. The sheets are tick and the elastic is fine but the fabric is terrible Show details
Dianne
DianneVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

50 years old

Just finished laundering my ACTIL sheets that were a wedding present in 1970 .. they are still in perfect condition .. although elastic in fitted sheet is now not elastic .. they are the softest most luxurious feeling sheets ever .. sadly I have a king size bed now so they are on the queen bed in the guest room .. lucky guests .. there is nothing on the market today like them .. 100% Australian made
annoyed
annoyed

Garbage

If i could give them less than one star i would since the price point to what you get now is a rip off. My last lot of actil sheets faded in a day and had horrible fade marks. also they only lasted 2 years of home use compared to what they used to be...its garbage now.

Kiely
KielyHillston4 posts

Sheets OK But towels ,bath mats ,hand towels , face washers ,no good

We have purchased 200 towels 60 bath mats ,etc etc from actil recently found to have a lot of lint in dryers after washing and I mean a lot we have to clean lint filters twice some times three times for each load ,towels won’t last long at this rate ,company (actil) won’t help at this stage ?

Aussie ex pat
Aussie ex patFlorida USALake Helen, Florida USA

After 60 years, as good as new, just a lot softer

I bought these Actil sheets, most likely from David Jones store in Canberra in 1968 or possibly even earlier. I now live in Florida and have used them as I moved to UK, Canada and then the US. I have sensitive skin and in the hot muggy Florida summer, they are a godsend. After nearly 60 years they show no signs of wear. Very sorry to hear they are now made on the cheap in China. This site does not allow me to show that I purchased then in 1968, so I had to put in the earliest date they would allow.

Helen
HelenNSWHunter Region, NSW5 posts

Perfect sheets, thick, first quality cool cotton and very durable

I have been using these sheets for 15 years and still find they are the best quality cotton. My visitors always comment on how wonderful they are and ask for the brand. I have not bought and new ones since they changed manufacturer though

pearler47
pearler47VICWimmera, VIC8 posts

So far, so good

I like the generous cut, particularly for the fitted sheet. I find the fabric comfortable and snug. If they last a while, I will be very happy with this choice.

Jayne
Jayne

Now made in China & not the same quality as the old Aussie made ones

It's such a shame they go & change a good thing, I had been buying these sheets for decades, Australian made and lasted for years & years. BUT the new overseas made sets are absolute crap & don't last. It's disappointing to see a long time, well-known & trusted brand sell out to China once again. Goodbye Actil First line Australian Made sheets... You will be dearly missed.

Carolyn
CarolynVictoria2 posts

Not up to standard

Have had Actil 1st Line sheets for many years. The new ones I bought are terrible- rough, and poor quality. Never again.

Margot
MargotTweed Valley5 posts

Not good

Bought sheets 2 years ago, have always bought First Line, but never again. 2 pillow cases have ripped across the middle, the fitted sheets have both come unstitched and the quality of the cotton is nowhere what it used to be. Buying new linen after 2 years - the old ones lasted 13 years.

Expensive and didn't meet standard of previous linen

Suze
Suze
Nanna-k
Nanna-kAU

Not like the old First Line Quality

I've always purchased Actil "First Line'especially when made here in Australia, but alas like many of our top quality products they are now produced overseas hence the quality is lost. not happy jan.

Poor quality cotton - not like the good old days

BumbleBee
BumbleBee

Was thinking of buying Actil sheets, you say they're bad but how to they stack up against other brands?

Els
Els

I have Actil sheets bought in the early Sixties by parents and still great.Wonder if they are linen or cotton as it seems Australia was not producing cotton at that time.

Jo G
Jo G

What colours do First Line sheets come in ? Other than Snow ?

sarah
sarah

Has anyone found any sheets like the old actil sheets? The new ones are definitely not up to standard!! Mine have ripped on both the fitted and flat!!

Aquarius
Aquarius

Royal the Palace Collection 1200TC Egyptian cotton are on a par with the old actil sheets and similarly priced.

PamelaD
PamelaD

You can still buy the old ones from vintage sellers on eBay. The old first line sheets woven in Australia are the best.

See all Actil First Line Sheets questions