3.2

Cool customer

Cool customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great system

The unit preformed very good over the last few very hot and humid days we had in Melbourne. We also purchased the ACM-2 Wifi control with the unit which is also very good as we can remotely turn in the unit on before getting home. The outside unit is quieter than the old evaporation unit we had on the roof.

Purchased in December 2019.

Hi Cool customer (love the name!),

Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Product Review. We're so glad to hear you're keeping cool with ActronAir.

rubeena lal

rubeena lalSydney, NSW

The worst air con ever

Do not I repeat do not get conned into this brand!
We built a brand new house and thanks to actron its very uncomfortable in extreme temperatures..we have a baby and are constantly moving her room and crib to the most effective areas..
Sigh..what a waste of money and service is non existent..
Pls pls save your money

Purchased in February 2019 at ActronAir.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area, Small Bedroom, Small Office and Whole House
ActronAirActronAir

Couldn't ask for a better system. Very efficient and easily handles our homes needs

Bought our system 12 months ago and have been very impressed with how it handled the summer just gone. When doing my research on different brands, ActronAir kept coming up as the best performing brand on the market. Thru those two stages of multiple 40+ temps days (We live in Penrith), the systems handled it so well, that if we hadn't walked out side and felt the temp, you wouldn't of know it was so hot.
Very happy with our choice and proved money well spent.

Purchased in April 2018.

ActronAirActronAir

Hi Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your ActronAir system.

Andy

AndySydney, NSW

Cooled me through several summers!

This is a solid unit which has helped me and my family get through several summers comfortably.

It has coped with the 40C days Sydney has thrown at us during the past few years. We get our unit serviced by ActronAir themselves to make sure it runs well every summer.

The controls are easy to use and having different temperatures in each individual room has been a life saver the kids can't handle the coolness I want my room at.

Purchased in December 2014.

Home Insulation Level Average
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Andy, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of our ActronAir system.

Nick

Nick

Aussie Made, Unbeatable Quality and Worth Every Cent.

The Actron ESP Ultima is best air con ever. Having multiple zones on different thermostats means the kid’s rooms can be set 23 degrees so they can sleep easily whilst the TV area is a frosty ice cave. It cools so fast that you literally turn it on via the app and feel the effects in minutes.

Even on the 40+ degree days, this bad boy has no issues keeping the entire house cool with minimal effort. Other brands struggle in that heat so it’s a no brainer to pay the extra money for an Aussie made air conditioner. The ability for the system to ramp down to save energy is the cherry on top. Highly recommend getting an Actron.

Purchased in April 2018.

Home Insulation Level Average
ActronAirActronAir

Hi Nick, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you have chosen ActronAir. We hope you continue to keep comfortable with your ESP Ultima system.

Glen

GlenSydney

Great unit that lives up to expectation

We have been running it constantly throughout summer without a hitch. Cools the house down quickly even when running in economy modes.
We have a 3 storey house, with a zone per room so have lots of control over the system (8 zones).
We are consuming far less power than our original Actron unit so it is already paying for itself.
I have also integrated ActronConnect into our home automation system to enable voice control of zones, plus additional occupancy based control.

Purchased in November 2018.

ActronAirActronAir

Hi Glen, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Product Review. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the comfort of your ActronAir ESP Ultima system!

Col

ColSydney, NSW

Cool Summers

Replaced our old unit with the ESP Ultima, found it handled the hot conditions Sydney recently had with ease, and with added bonus of the smartphone app very user friendly THANKS ACTRON.

Purchased in December 2018.

Mainpro

MainproNowra

Brilliant Unit, top Australian product

I had the 151E installed in a new house I had built in late 2014. I have the Wi-Fi unit connected and I can thoroughly recommend this combination. I have had no problems with my system and I'm delighted to say that with my 6kW's of solar panels on the roof, the A/C doesn't cost me a penny to run during the day. My wi-fi connection works great, I connect to the A/C and turn it on via my iPhone when I have finished shopping so when I arrive home, the house has cooled down to my desired 22 Deg C temperature. Again, I can only speak in glowing terms when I talk about the ActronAir and wholeheartedly recommend the product.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Emjay206

Emjay206Sydney, NSW

Does a great job

We are happy with our unit - no complaints here. Cools the house down really well in summer and just keeps on keeping on. Haven't had any dramas with it since I've had it. Relatively cheap to get serviced by a local company too. Happy to be using an Aussie brand too.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
ActronAirActronAir

Hi MJGoodfella, we are delighted to hear about your experience with your ActronAir ESP Ultima System. We appreciate you taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Thank You.

tims28

tims28Sydney, NSW

ACTRONAIR ESP, BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Noise level out of this world

The unit cuts in and out every 10 seconds, told by installer this is normal and infact for this unit it is, it should not be sold in residential areas as the noise can be heard from the street.Was told this unit was quiet as we previously had a noisy air conditioner, Dont get this ESP model it will drive you mad.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Amanda

AmandaSydney

Actron Air Conditioner

To get the best out of the Actron Air, you need to use an Actron trained/ approved installer. We learnt the hard way. Once Actron Air became aware of the installation issue, they pulled out all stops to help us. Great air conditioner, especially having a controller in each room.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not Happy

Date PurchasedSep 2012

Magdalena

MagdalenaSydney

Tripled my electricity cost of a normal ducted air con. I'm in shock!!

Bill jumped from $500 to $1500!!!! Yes it's winter but I never had such a bill when I had a regular ducted air from actron which was 18kw during winter!!! The rep sold it to us based on it being an inverter and the most energy efficient. Has was the installer too and one controller is so far away from its zone that the room temp is always wrong. We have to call him back to move it but now I've got to patch a newly laid wall. I don't understand why it was put so far away!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Maria

Mariaasked

ESP Ultima

Actronair AM24-1 starts making buzzing sound coming from the loft when I try running heat on more than one zone.
Please help.

Hi Maria
Honestly not sure if I can help you with this one however buzzing type noises usually occur when the unit goes into defrost mode , defrost mode only occurs when your outside temperature is less than 5degrees , I'm also wondering I old is your Actron unit

Chrisasked

ESP Ultima SRM151E (14.4kW, Single Phase)

My SRD151C unit starts by itself without the two fans on top of the condenser running. Only the compressor runs. I need to switch off at the main switch. Has anyone had these issues with their Actronair units? Thanks Chris

Hi Chris
I have the same model how ever mine doesn't do that , not sure how old your unit is , hopefully you can still claim a warranty, my unit as a heater is useless but as an air con excellent, sorry I can't help you on this
Regards

Chris

Thank you Jason, I live in Qld, so I don’t use it for heating.

Thu

Thuasked

ESP Ultima

Can I ask some question? Is this good brand? I want to buy an Actron Air, but I have no idea about any model of this company (should buy or not?), after readed review, I can't decide. I need advice, any idea? Thank a lot!

Raz
Raz

I installed Actron ESP back in 2008, installed it all for $10K. Since then, I had 3 problems. First was wiring, so that was not Actron's fault and the installer fixed it free of charge. About 4 years ago, condenser coil leaked, fixed that for a few hundred bucks. This year, the soft starter failed, that's another $800+ for diagnose, repair and parts. So, it looks like a breakdown every 2 years or so. I read more reviews too, it seems like they break down fairly frequently and I only use my A/C about 2 months/year. Based on this, I don't think it's a good unit at all. I'd go for Daikin, but choose your installer properly.

Jason

Do not buy Actron , absolutely rubbish, I regret buying one it's relatively new , if I had the the money I would rip the Actron out and replace it with a Daikin
Regards jason

Get an answer from our members and ActronAir representatives