Reviewer Photos & Videos
Great little generator for the price
Have now had this for a number of weeks and it hasn't missed a beat, ran vac, tv, laptop, chargers at same time....turned up vac to full pwr 2000w and it cut out, Gen good to 1700 w. Product doing as it is advertised. Happy with it.
Received approx 3 weeks ago, it started first go, have been running it constantly since and it hasn't missed a beat. The fuel on/off came loose but easy fixed, it does give off a bit more fumes than other expensive brands however not a major issue. The noise level with economy on or off very good. Recommend for the price, what it does along with the service. Happy with the product so far and price. (Included cover)
Amazing for the price
Full disclosure here, I bought this generator 2nd hand for $300.....Bargain. It started no problem as the seller assured me. Took it camping a week later and when a mates Honda generator ran out of fuel I offered to run mine as to give it a good test. About 15 minutes into running the camp site with toasters and coffee making going on it started to surge, we all thought this was related to the draw on the motor. So after switching all electric motors off it quickly became apparent that I had issues. Long story short was that the previous owner...had filled the thing with premium fuel and this was the problem. Anyway we topped the tank up the 91 ulp and she ran like magic. So after 20 blokes originally took of my purchase they quickly became shocked as we could field test it directly against the Honda. So it turned out the Kings was the quietest and lightest out of the two. Which stunned all of us. The end result being I know of a few gentlemen were off to Kings to buy the same unit at a fraction of the price when placed against the Honda. We'll done Kings!
Purchased in November 2019 for A$300.00.
- Verified purchase
It's a 4.99/5 stars product. It's truly an epic product for our purposes.
*Nb, this same product is referred to as a "portable camping generator" by the supplier, 4wdsupacentre.com.au
This generator has been on my wish list for a long time, so long in fact that it actually went up in price but was redesigned so also the value you get for your money increased. For instance, I know one thing that's changed is that it's gotten even quieter than the previous version.
Thus my review is based on the current incarnation of the generator (April 2020) which I bought with the intention of having a backup power supp...ly for the home in the case of power outages. So now that I've made mention of the noise suppression I guess it's only reasonable that's it's this reviews first point. In technical jargon it's noise level is 57.8 decibels, that same point said in more relatable, real world terms, I had it running in my carport that's just 3 metres from my kitchen window, in the kitchen itself (window closed) the microwave was more audible. Another point, one mentioned before any other is that it's marketed as a "portable camping generator". That's partly based on it being lower than most national park camping grounds noise limits. It's also portable. With a full tank of fuel it only weighs about 24kg. I can carry one handed, my wife can also carry it using both hands.
Don't be afraid of the cheap price
I brought my Kings 2kva inverter generator brand new but secon-hand off the originsl purchaser. I added oil and fuel and it started first pull. Starts easy. Runs pretty quietly. I only needed it as a back up to charge our van batteries in situations where solar couldn't handle the job if the weather was a bit crappy.
Works a treat. I like most people worried that these might be rubbish given the main popular name brand generators were 6 times the price. But these aren't rubbish generators at all. Ours does the job we wanted it to do nicely. Glad I got past that barrier of doubt that the cheap price seems to put in peoples minds.
Purchased in July 2019 for A$300.00.
Kings 2kva generator
About 3 years ago I purchaced a kings 2kva generator. This generator became a crucial part of our camp set up, using it for charging camera gear, running computers for video and photo dumping and during the cooler months running a small fan heater to heat our annex during winter storms or fire bans.
Although it is significantly louder but not over bearing or to a point where it would become annoying (just move it further away and/or put it on the other side of your car) then its competitors it has no issues running a 2kw heater and for the pri...
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Questions & Answers
Starting sequence for 3kva enclosed generator please.
Paul R.Adventure Kings
Good afternoon Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
We recommend to follow the following pre-operation checks each time the generator is used (see below):
1) CHECK ENGINE FUEL
- Make sure there is sufficient fuel in the tank.
- If fuel is low, refill with unleaded automotive gasoline.
- Be sure to use the fuel filter screen.
Recommended fuel: Unleaded Petrol (DO NOT use ethanol or high octane fuels).
2) CHECK ENGINE OIL
- Make sure the engine oil is at the upper level of the oil filler hole.
- Add oil as necessary.
- Remove screws (1) and remove the cover (2).
- If oil level is below the lower level line, refill with suitable oil to upper level line. Do not screw in the oil filler cap when checking oil level.
- Change oil if contaminated.
- Fill oil until visible at the upper level of oil filler hole (1) (Approx. 350ML).
Recommended engine oil: SAE10 W30
3) GROUND (Earth)
- Make sure to ground (earth) the generator
We recommend to follow the following operations (see below):
1) STARTING THE ENGINE
1. Open the fuel tank air vent to the "ON" (2) position.
2. Turn the fuel cock lever to the “ON” position.
3. Turn the engine switch to the "ON" position.
4. Turn the Economy Switch to the “OFF” position (1).
5. Check there is adequate fuel in the tank.
6. Pull the choke knob until it is fully extended. Not necessary if the
engine is warm.
7. Pull the starter handle slowly until resistance is felt. This is the
“Compression” point. Return the handle to its original position and pull
swiftly. Do not fully pull out the rope. After starting, allow the starter
handle to return to its original position while still holding the frame.
Grasp the frame firmly to prevent the generator from falling over when
pulling the recoil starter.
8. Warm up the engine.
9. Push the choke knob back into the generator to return it to its normal
10. Warm up the engine without a load for a few minutes.
2) USING ELECTRIC POWER
A) AC APPLICATION
1. Check the AC pilot lamp for proper voltage.
2. Turn off the Switch(es) of the electrical appliance(s) before connecting
to the generator.
3. Insert the plug(s) of the electrical appliance(s) into the receptacle.
B) OVERLOAD INDICATOR LIGHT
The overload indicator light comes on when an overload of a connected
electrical device is detected, the inverter unit overheats, or the AC output
voltage rises. The electronic breaker will then activate, stopping power to
the generator in order to protect the generator and any connected electric
devices. The output pilot light (green) will flicker and the overload indicator
light (red) will turn on, then the engine will stop running. If so please follow
4. Turn off any connected electric devices and stop the engine
5. Reduce the total wattage of connected electric devices within the
6. Check for blockages in the cooling air inlet and around the control unit.
If any blockages are found, remove.
7. After checking, restart the engine.
C) DC APPLICATION (option)
This usage is applicable to 12V battery charging only.
1. Charging instruction for battery
Disconnect the leads for the battery.
Make the battery fluid filler cap loose fully.
Fill distilled water to the upper limit, if the battery fluid is low level.
Measure the specific gravity for the battery fluid by using the
hydrometer, and calculate the charging time in according with the
table shown on right side.
The specific gravity for the fully charged battery shall be within 1.26 to
2. Connect the DC output socket and the battery terminals using the charging
leads. The leads shall be connected making sure of the (+) and (-) polarity.
3. The DC circuit protector is to be set to “ON” after confirming the connection,
if the protector is in “OFF” position.
3) STOPPING THE ENGINE
1. Turn off the power switch of the electric apparatus or disconnect any
2. Turn the engine switch to “STOP” position.
3. Turn the fuel cock lever to “OFF”.
4. Turn the fuel tank cap air vent knob counter clockwise to the "OFF" position
I hope this helps answer your question, if there is anything further I can assist you with you are more then welcome to email me at email@example.com.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.