Cromtech CTG2500i

Cromtech CTG2500i

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Crommelins Machinery? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

tilly60
tilly60Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Cromtech Outback 2.4

Recently purchased but great so far. Seems quieter than my old Kipor and less weight. Easy to start on choke then run and let settle for 3 minutes before connecting up. Tried my Ibis 3 today and no worries there, runs ok.

Purchased in May 2021 for $990.00.

Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality and Support Key to buying

Bought from McFarlane Generators in Brendale QLD - I needed a generator that I could manage and would start my caravan air conditioner (old clunker Electrolux CAL 136) McFarlane offered me a few options to actually trial on site. The Cromtech CTG2500i came out on top it has worked well for me for almost two years, Support network around Australia was quite large compared to other manufacturers Great value and quiet.

Purchased for $899.00.

ianandori
ianandori

I have owned mine for over two years. It has been perfectly reliable

Bought from the brilliant Macfarlane Generators in Sydney. Highly recommend these guys. Knowledgeable and fairly priced generators. Paid $850 for mine

Does the job brilliantly. Running a couple of coffee roasters and charging phones via the USB ports.

Can take a bit of effort to start but that os likely the heavy handed users fault !

Always run on 91 with zero issues but never e10

Five stars from me.

Purchased in October 2018 for $850.00.

Lucas J.
Lucas J.Central Queensland, QLD

Worst product ever

Bought this generator on a Saturday afternoon to use for a 1100 watt aircon whilst camping. Did all the checks oil, fuel etc etc started first pull was awesome.
2hrs later was off on an overload, unplugged aircon and just left the baby monitor plugged in.
10 min later overload, reset and tried to start again. This thing was lighting up the overload whilst I just pulling to start.
Took back to A Mans Toy shop where purchased, not much can be said about their service either. They have tried to tell me that I caused it by using 91 fuel? I don't think so. Just trying to get my money back now as it is a terrible product and didn't even last 3 hrs

Purchased in November 2020 at A Man's Toyshop for $1,099.00.

Better than a Ryobi and cheaper than a Honda

Purchased in February 2020 for $990.00.

MickPeel, WA

Great Generator

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

Kazzastu
KazzastuSydney

Not happy

Not happy with this. Never been able to run several of my appliances, microwave, kettle, AC. Also become difficult to start after only a handful of uses. Do not recommend the product, just from my own experience. Maybe recieved a lemon? I had a smaller quieter Honda which lasted years and ran everything. It hasn't proven reliable for me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Peter J Ryan
Peter J RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Generator runs like a dream .....

Bought this on special It was shipped immediately Recieved it in a few days Put oil and fuel in started first time instantly.Exceeds all my expectations for output quietness and is simply great on all fronts ... Considering you can have 3 of these with higher output compared to the red and the blue competition not that there is anything wrong there This is just a delight to have by comparison and price Support Australia wide as well ..
Highly Recommended......

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Andrew M
Andrew MAU

Was working great

Was working great, drove the air con in my caravan no problems, a little noisier than I would have liked at full grunt.
Biggest problem was the fuel tank split around the seam so was only good for short burst before running out of petrol as could only fill it 1/3rd.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Steve
Steve

Nice small unit

Bought this unit for standby power, as we too live in S.A.
Very fuel efficient and reasonably quiet. Haven't used it a lot but its handled everything ive thrown at it. My only critism of the generator is, that its not that easy to start. 5 good hard pulls to get it going, easy enough for me. But the rest of the family have struggled. Having said that, i have not regrets at the price i paid.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

cromtech outback, nice surprise!

Purchased my Cromtech Outback from L&V Forklifts via EBay for $879 with free shipping.
We had a new Honda EU20i prior which was great but it was going to struggle with the new Air Command Cormorant aircon in the caravan. Very happy with the unit, well built, all the outlets are solid and weather protected. Quiet and runs the aircon plus fridge no worries on eco idle. Glad we took the punt.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraciDarwin, NT

Does what it says it does

Date PurchasedMar 2018
avfirey
avfirey

Very Disappointing.

Purchased for free camping purposes. Unit has to run for about 10 minutes before eco mode decides to engage. Runs an engels 40lt fridge and a small tv while alao charging 2 mobile phones and thats about its limit. Wont run a coleman a/c in a 20ft jayco sterling on low cool.
Wont even run the a 1300watt output microwave with nothing else connected. For a 2100watt output genny it makes a wonderful boat anchor

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Glen
GlenMount isa

Dose everything they say it dose!

I mostly use my unit for work runs all my refiguration machines, a 1500W air compressor, I can run a catty welder on low and it will even run my 2400W drop saw easy. I have used it camping running 3 engel fridges lights and I get 22hrs out one tank. If i had brought a Honda I would have paid $3000+ to do the same job. Best value genny you can get.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Dianne Naysmith
Dianne NaysmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

still need to use it.

ordered this product based on reviews.the company have great service we even have one near us.we aregoing away so cant wait to put it threw the test.will add more when we get back.im hoping it lives up to its review.it is light and heard others are better but hey im a money for value person.

April 12th 2019 Update: Well it was good while it lasted

We have used it like 3 times and had no trouble this time we went to kilcoy set up plugged it in and ran great ran out of fuel hubby refilled it and nope didn’t want to go so it’s in repair shop they are saying it looks like the inverter has gone. May I add at this point not happy.

Purchased in November 2017 for $899.00.

Norbert Hasked

Not so sure about it!
It does NOT run my 2.2 KW Heron AC. I am using unleaded 91 octane fuel. Would it make any difference if I would use 98 octane premium?
Cheers
Norbert

Hi Norbert. No

Norbert H

Thanks Mick. Any suggestions?
Cheers and merry Xmas
Norbert

Mick

Hi Norbert, apologies for the blunt reply, struggled to type on this forum with my phone.
I don't think higher octane will make much difference. My Cromtech will run my sons split system AC in his Jayco expanda. I believe that is a heron 2.2. Also runs father in laws Jayco split system. Not sure why yours doesn't. Maybe Crommelins can help.

Regards

C3ssna182
C3ssna182asked

What brand is the motor?

Marina
Marinaasked

When I fill my crometech 2500i, Petrol goes into air filter and floods won’t start until I dry it all out! This now happens almost every time I fill it. Help anyone?

Shea
Shea

I dare say one of the check valves is not working properly and allowing fuel to flow when it is not supposed to... Unless it is a bowl type carburettor in which case your needle and seat which shuts the fuel off when the bowl is full is not sealing and flooding, and also flowing back into the air filter, needs a carby kit and/or a good clean out.