Cromtech CTG2500i

Cromtech CTG2500i

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not happy

Not happy with this. Never been able to run several of my appliances, microwave, kettle, AC. Also become difficult to start after only a handful of uses. Do not recommend the product, just from my own experience. Maybe recieved a lemon? I had a smaller quieter Honda which lasted years and ran everything. It hasn't proven reliable for me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fantastic Generator runs like a dream .....

Bought this on special It was shipped immediately Recieved it in a few days Put oil and fuel in started first time instantly.Exceeds all my expectations for output quietness and is simply great on all fronts ... Considering you can have 3 of these with higher output compared to the red and the blue competition not that there is anything wrong there This is just a delight to have by comparison and price Support Australia wide as well ..
Highly Recommended......

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Was working great

Was working great, drove the air con in my caravan no problems, a little noisier than I would have liked at full grunt.
Biggest problem was the fuel tank split around the seam so was only good for short burst before running out of petrol as could only fill it 1/3rd.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Nice small unit

Bought this unit for standby power, as we too live in S.A.
Very fuel efficient and reasonably quiet. Haven't used it a lot but its handled everything ive thrown at it. My only critism of the generator is, that its not that easy to start. 5 good hard pulls to get it going, easy enough for me. But the rest of the family have struggled. Having said that, i have not regrets at the price i paid.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

cromtech outback, nice surprise!

Purchased my Cromtech Outback from L&V Forklifts via EBay for $879 with free shipping.
We had a new Honda EU20i prior which was great but it was going to struggle with the new Air Command Cormorant aircon in the caravan. Very happy with the unit, well built, all the outlets are solid and weather protected. Quiet and runs the aircon plus fridge no worries on eco idle. Glad we took the punt.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Does what it says it does

We bought this on a whim after a cyclone knocked out power. It was literally one of the last gennies in town at that moment so snapped it up without question. It feels solid, starts easily and works well. About as quiet as a Honda too! We had it running for about 4 days straight during the outage and it was fine. Until.. on the third evening everything just stopped. I went out to refill fuel but it only took a litre to the 5l tank. We thought it odd. Went to bed to wake at 3:30am with no power. Did the same thing, only took a couple litres and then died within minutes once again. I played with the fuel cap on/off pressure valve and it didn't fail again after that so hoping this was the problem. Otherwise it's a good value for money piece of kit. Has all the same outputs as the Honda for much more except only 1yr warranty vs 4yrs with the Honda.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Very Disappointing.

Purchased for free camping purposes. Unit has to run for about 10 minutes before eco mode decides to engage. Runs an engels 40lt fridge and a small tv while alao charging 2 mobile phones and thats about its limit. Wont run a coleman a/c in a 20ft jayco sterling on low cool.
Wont even run the a 1300watt output microwave with nothing else connected. For a 2100watt output genny it makes a wonderful boat anchor

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Dose everything they say it dose!

I mostly use my unit for work runs all my refiguration machines, a 1500W air compressor, I can run a catty welder on low and it will even run my 2400W drop saw easy. I have used it camping running 3 engel fridges lights and I get 22hrs out one tank. If i had brought a Honda I would have paid $3000+ to do the same job. Best value genny you can get.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

still need to use it.

ordered this product based on reviews.the company have great service we even have one near us.we aregoing away so cant wait to put it threw the test.will add more when we get back.im hoping it lives up to its review.it is light and heard others are better but hey im a money for value person.

April 12th 2019 Update: Well it was good while it lasted

We have used it like 3 times and had no trouble this time we went to kilcoy set up plugged it in and ran great ran out of fuel hubby refilled it and nope didn’t want to go so it’s in repair shop they are saying it looks like the inverter has gone. May I add at this point not happy.

Purchased in November 2017 for $899.00.

Mid price standby generator

Bought the generator after the last cyclone. Installed a transfer switch in my meter box. Plugged in the generator. Added about 2l of fuel & it ran all day. Tested it out. Ran most household lights, ceiling fans & microwave. Was not comfortable with the electric jug!. Seems to be a good standby unit with plenty of power for most requirements! Would like to run it more, but no real reason to.

Ran it again today. About 7 hrs on 3 l of fuel. Started first pull.

Love it hope it lasts.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great buy

Light and quiet. All you could want. Australia wide service network. May not be as good as a yamaha but 10 kgs lighter, just as quiet and $1000+ less. If I was going to use a generator every day for months on end then yes I'd buy a yamaha ..... Update. 12/2017 On my first use the invertor failed. Took back under warranty and they immediately blamed bad fuel for the generator not starting. Some weeks later they admitted it was not the fuel but a failure of the invertor. The first time they had encounted this after selling "thousands" (their words). Bottom line they gave me a new generator so I'm happy about that. Still believe it's a good gen set, I was just unlucky to get a faulty one.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Awesome generator at an awesome price.

I live on Scotland Island and from time to time storms come a trees take down our power lines. I've previously owned a HONDA 2.0 EU which I foolishly sold last year. When the power was taken out yet again last March I went to the same dealer to buy another Generator. The result was the Cromtech 2500i. At half the price and the same output as the Honda I was sceptical. But not any more! I ran a modem, 65" 4k TV, fridge, two desktop computers, 2 laptops and the first night started it up at 5pm and expected it would be stopped next morning. It ran all night on one tank and was still going at 8am. Added another 3.5L of fuel (yes it still had some in the tank and left it going while I went to work. When I got back over 8hrs later it was still going with almost half a tank to go. AWESOME is the only word I can use for this generator.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

A must in South Australia!

Yes I live in SA (we have excellent wine, but a lousy power supply). I picked up the Cromtech Outback in Melbourne (had difficulty finding a SA supplier - def a business opportunity for someone). Its first trial was when the power was off for 15 hours yesterday - no problems. Connected the fridge/freezer, fan, light, modems (kids would have gone crazy without internet), and small TV. All good & no probs. Certainly chugs when boiling the jug! Seemed to use 5lt of fuel after the first 7 hours. So a fridge and freezer full of food saved. Easy to start. I am sure I will get to use it a few more times here in beautiful SA!!!

A Value For Money Inverter Generator That Works As Well As It Looks & Backed By Nation Wide Crommeli

I unpacked my Cromtech CTG2500i 2400w Inverter Generator, read instructions, filled with synthetic SAE10-40, (my choice), & 0.5L of fuel as instructed, second pull of the starter cord & all was good!
Connected 1KW load + 100w lamp to Generator & left running to see how long 0.5L of fuel would last?
Was very impressed to find it lasted 1/2 an hour which equates to 5 hours running on a full tank of fuel, I think that's very good!!
Generator is a very quiet unit so no problem with excess noise to upset neighbours!
I then set-up for purpose Generator was purchased for, ran ext. lead into house & connected fridge, freezer, lighting, fans & even a TV to fully test that unit would supply as required when I next have an extended power outage, the Generator met, even exceeded my expectations, very happy with my purchase!