AEG ALT18B

AEG ALT18B

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Billy.DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great lite weight unit.

Best Grass Cutter. Lite Weight. 2 speeds. Batteries chargers up in 2-2 1/2 hours. Low speed will last for over a hour. High speed about 25 mins. Best warranty but not cheap at $399.Highly recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Goodbye two stroke

I've been so impressed by this line trimmer I've now replaced all my old 2 stroke garden tool with the 58v AEG alternatives. They are just as powerful, vastly cheaper and easier to run and maintain, much quieter and better built. No more sucking down 2 stroke fumes on the weekend either, which must be better for both me and the environment.

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
Safety
Donna1968

Donna1968donnagray750@msn.com

Another great invention

Powerful! for non commercial use (unsure about daily use) 2 power settings, only need lower power for home use, does our 700 mtr square yard with ease, 40 mins is plenty, very quiet, light weight, charges off our solar panels, uses same standard battery as other AEG Power tools including mower, all parts are replaceable and made with quality. Comes with good quality cord. Bump feed works well. on off switch works real good.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Brendan

BrendanSouthern and Hills, SA

Good quality but not without its flaws

I have almost every AEG 18v brushless tool in their lineup,I love their gear.
This trimmer is powerful,light and easy to use
Bump feed head works well and is easy to feed.
I live on a rural property and a 5.0ah battery gets most of my work done depending on how long I've let it go for.
I only have two gripes
-they dont provide a harness/shoulder strap like almost every other brand does
-it has severe vibration issues-they have re designed a few other tools recently due to vibration issues. If I use this for 25 mins my hand swells right up and goes tingly,not good health wise.
None of my petrol trimmers did that even with an hour of use.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Sewsoau

SewsoauAdelaide

Great product

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very impressed with this trimmer

After having had a 240v electric trimmer 10+ years ago that could barely cut the grass, I persevered with a petrol trimmer until I finally decided to buy a better trimmer. I was looking at the Honda line trimmers as they have such great reviews, and my father has one that I tried. He suggested looking at the electric ones again since technology has improved so much, and with a little trepidation I bought the AEG. I was completely surprised how well it cuts, light and manoeuvrable, quiet and clean. Battery life is great. It takes a second or two to spin up to full speed but from there it's got heaps of grunt. It came with a full spool of cord, the bump-out head works well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sash

Sash

Who needs 36v

Date PurchasedJan 2018

paul27

paul27Queensland

Fantastic

I would never use a petrol powered tool again. It's Light, powerful and very quiet. The battery lasts very well, I've done my back yard 3 times and the fron yardt once and it doesn't need charging yet and it is so much cleaner than one using fuel and oil also.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Dylan

Dylan

AEG 18v Line trimmer

So far this has been a good purchase. It has a straight shift and a good length if you're on the taller side. 5ha battery gives u about 30-40 min. I got 2 x 5ha battery as it was part of a combo but for my medium size yard 1 battery gets it done. You need to give it about 0.5-1sec to spool up to speed then it goes well. It feels sold built and we'll balanced. Happy I got it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Chris R.

Chris R.asked

Hello
Hoping you can help
I have the 58v electric model mower (ALM58B)
can I use the new lithium ion battery

Regards

Hi Chris.
I have the 18 v model.If the new lithium 58 v fits yours l would say yes it’s comparable.

LionelJoh

LionelJohasked

I have taken off the head, how do I open it to replace the wire? the button marked "PUSH" does nothing.

Pete B.

Pete B.asked

i brought my trimmer from bunnings less than a year ago however i cant find the reciet, im having a problem with the battery not going all the way into the trimmer so it wont lock in, as soon as you try to use it it will cut out, any idea how to fix this issue? otherwise it has been a great item its very powerful

Ender
Ender

Not having a receipt should not be a problem. They can print a new one if you provide a date of purchase and other info such as id or phone number. After you get a receipt you should not have any issues with a replacement.

Get an answer from our members and AEG Power Tools representatives