AEG ALT18B

AEG ALT18B

MPN: ALT18B
See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AEG Power Tools

Pros

• Comfortable to use

• Long battery life

• Makes little noise

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Battery Life

HS C.
HS C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It does the job, battery drain fast, and worst is no body strap making my lower back pain. Not good for tall Aussies.

The AEG people try to save the cost of a body strap then sell you more straps afterwards. I I am 6 foot tall and my lower back pain started to complain after did my average lawn. We paid the market value, using our own labour, then take the painkiller. What a wonderful DIY marketing system.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $300.00.

glenn65ens
glenn65ensSouth East Queensland, QLD

No regrets at all

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

ros
rosVictoria

it is a disaster,

I purchased from Bunnings, sold as a better product
Barely cut the grass, cord seemed to be the problem, tried to change it and the instructions are pathetic.
Hope Bunnings will let me retun it
Really upset as I waste so much time and energy

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings for $399.00.

Tim
TimNewcastle

Quite good

Only used it a few times but pretty powerful. Probably not quite as powerful as my old ryobi petrol weed wasp but without the hassle of fuel leakage and occasional starting problems. Much quieter too! It is a little heavy and I might remove the second part of the cowelling to allow better access to tight spots. Battery only part discharged in my small medium yard. Overall pretty happy with it.

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Chris KenyonCANBERRA

Brand new and doesn't work

Charged the battery, put the machine together and went out to enjoy an expensive piece of equipment doing its job.
No. Two second burst of revs then it died, again and again.
How can they market this is a professional tool?

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $649.00.

Dwayne C.
Dwayne C.South East Queensland, QLD

I am converted

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Mark S
Mark SNorthern Region, NSW

Great whipper. Should have got one sooner.

This was the only real lightweight affordable option with a straight shaft and 2.4mm cord.
Very quiet and lots more power than my petrol whipper. I have a larger house block with plenty of buffalo grass to trim. After 30 minutes the battery was only at 50%.i was on the lower speed with the throttle mostly at 50-75%.
light and comfortable with no vibration issues.
The cord lasts well but the bump head is probable a touch too sensitive. It's fine once you get used to it.

Highly recommended and I will never go back to petrol... Next purchase will be a battery mower!

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

AJ W.
AJ W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Domestic Battery Powered Wizardry

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Michael
MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant!

Purchased in January 2020 for $399.00.

MR W
MR WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not so perfect

Used five times over ten weeks and was very impressed until the line spool stopped rotaring. Back to Bunnings it goes. Will give same model another go as I was enjoying using it.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Ragnar
RagnarSydney, NSW

Disappointing quality and customer service.

Billy.D
Billy.DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great lite weight unit.

Best Grass Cutter. Lite Weight. 2 speeds. Batteries chargers up in 2-2 1/2 hours. Low speed will last for over a hour. High speed about 25 mins. Best warranty but not cheap at $399.Highly recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Donna1968
Donna1968South East Queensland, QLD

Another great invention

Powerful! for non commercial use (unsure about daily use) 2 power settings, only need lower power for home use, does our 700 mtr square yard with ease, 40 mins is plenty, very quiet, light weight, charges off our solar panels, uses same standard battery as other AEG Power tools including mower, all parts are replaceable and made with quality. Comes with good quality cord. Bump feed works well. on off switch works real good.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Brendan
BrendanSouthern and Hills, SA

Good quality but not without its flaws

I have almost every AEG 18v brushless tool in their lineup,I love their gear.
This trimmer is powerful,light and easy to use
Bump feed head works well and is easy to feed.
I live on a rural property and a 5.0ah battery gets most of my work done depending on how long I've let it go for.
I only have two gripes
-they dont provide a harness/shoulder strap like almost every other brand does
-it has severe vibration issues-they have re designed a few other tools recently due to vibration issues. If I use this for 25 mins my hand swells right up and goes tingly,not good health wise.
None of my petrol trimmers did that even with an hour of use.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Roy T.asked

How to remove wipper Head

CwC
CwCasked

My line trimmer (aeg alt18b) has been great up until today! About 2 years old. When I insert a fully charged battery and switch on I can hear the motor running and the line trimmer turns, but when I go to use it/trim, it stops turning as soon as it hits anything and won’t cut. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Rust
Rustasked

I have a AEG 18 v 5 ah line trimmer but machine will only operate for about five minutes before it stops. It was working for a much longer period when first purchased. It’s about 18 months old and has not had a lot of use

Get an answer from our members and AEG Power Tools representatives

Features:

• The AEG ALT18B whipper snipper uses a lithium-ion battery, helping you power through all your gardening with little effort.
  • A straight and split shaft design lets you use the same engine to power other attachments, like a lawn edger.
  • The machine is 3.7kg, making it a relatively lightweight option that can make covering larger areas that much easier.
  • It’s 97 decibels when running, making the noise level comparable to being inside a nightclub.
  • This whipper snipper will cost you $299, which includes a 6 year warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the AEG ALT18B was comfortable to use and easy to maintain.
  • They also appreciated the long lasting battery, and said it helped them get through their gardening tasks without needing to constantly recharge.
  • The whipper snipper is quiet for the level of power it has, according to reviewers.
  • Reviewers praised the quality of the machine, saying that it was very durable.
CategoryBattery Whipper Snippers