AEG-Electrolux Lavamat 54600

Listing monitored by AEG

3.8
    Richard M
    Richard MDevonport

Good machine, pity about the service!

Purchased one of these in 2006 and had a very good run from it in terms of reliability and quality of washing the clothes. However a few weeks ago it stopped with a loud flash and a bang and the motor was cooked. It took AEG customer service eight days to get back to me with a price and availability of a new motor. By comparison, a local repair shop had the answer in a day. I then inquired from AEG for a replacement drive belt. A week later they advised there were none available as these were discontinued. Once again, the local shop can provide one. AEG "customer service." Now there is an oxymoron! Good when they go but on your own when it stops!

Dissatisfied28
    Dissatisfied28Brisbane

Poor

I had my first AEG washing machine for 10 years which was great, I then bought another one due to having an AEG condenser dryer and being happy with the first machine. That one only lastest for approx. 3 years and after several weeks I finally received a replacement which I was charged a pro rata amount, but still had to pay about 60-70% and I was advised that I would receive double warranty on the new machine. My new machine has only lasted me less than six years and started tearing my clothes. Then it started making a terrible noise. I would never use an AEG product again.

Unreliable and poor service to try and have fixed. Could not be bothered to go back to AEG(Andico) to try and have this one fixed.

ELECTROLUX ..AEG

I have had this machine nearly 10 years - only one problem which was a couple of months ago - worn brushes in motor so normal wear & tear after 10yrs of basically daily use. Excellent machine!
    Simple clean design, excellent wash results
    Nothing really - has been great

Toti
    TotiAU

I'd recommend it to anyone seriously interested in a long term investment. A quality product. As with any appliance, if you want it to last you need to treat it with care. Use a quality detergent and avoid fabric softeners - your machine will pay you back with long service.
    My second AEG washer. My first lasted 18yrs with 2 sets of brushes. Love the consistently clean results and the load spins really well - not much drying required. Self-balancing for spinning feature is really good.
    There is nothing that I'd change with my machine. Easy to use and programmes provide a good variety.

Kaz12
    Kaz12

I have an aeg lavamat front loader and aeg condenser dryer.....both still going strong after over 15 years. You get what you pay for.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how AEG-Electrolux Lavamat 54600 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

littlewheel
    littlewheelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great washing machine - never let me down