Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

J1 Series, J2 Series, J3 Series

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Kimba O.

Kimba O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Leak when doing drum clean

Love this machine since switching from top loaders all my life, though since new
Every time I do a drum clean
It leaks over my floor
I have cleaned the lint tray
And drained
Please help

Purchased in July 2018.

Brendan

BrendanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Leaking at 2.75 years old.

Usually an excellent brand for quality, however my washing machine has begun leaking from the bottom of the unit. Unfortunately out of warranty by 10 months. Hopefully repair cost will be reasonable.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $539.00.

Noise Level
Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg DE45F56AW
Naydee

NaydeeSydney, NSW

Poor post-purchase support

Purchased in June 2017 at Bing Lee for $700.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

david2153

david2153AU

E702 error always.worst machine i have ever owned.cant even wash half a load always stops on spin cycle.what a joke f&p.

Very bad machine only good for 3years from new.f and p help is useless at best.even 20 year old machine top loader can do better than washsmart 8.5kg front loader.

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Ian s

Ian sMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Let’s wait and see

Purchased for $600.00.

Elle J.

Elle J.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poor quality filter!

Twice I have tried to clean the filter pump on this machine and each time I have gone to reinsert it after cleaning, the plastic has snapped, resulting in water leaking everywhere when I try to wash again. Fisher and paykel do not stock the filter seperate you and instead you have to buy the whole pump and have it installed buy a professional. Twice now this had happened. Won’t be purchasing from this brand again if their plastic is so cheap it breaks so easy.

Cris

CrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Glad my boat doesn't leak like this machine.

Over all we think that its a great machine that washes very well except that it started leaking 3 years after we bought it. Had Fisher and Paykel out twice to fix it at our expense, and was told they can't fix it. Was told that its a design fault and not a broken part. I would never purchase this brand again. Sadly we feel we have no choice but to buy another machine as the leaks are getting much worse.

Purchased in March 2014 at Harvey Norman for $688.00.

Kate J

Kate J

Wish I hadn’t bought

Ok for normal clothes washing, but the spin cycle for washing bed linens or sometimes delicates is terrible, will spin for ever, have to take out items and spin them a few at a time to dry. Wish I had read the reviews before purchase, this is the worst washing machine I have ever owned. I will be glad once it breaks down so I have a good excuse to buy another brand.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $700.00.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

terrible

does not work as intended. Expensive repairs and call-out fees for shoddy workmanship from the factory. avoid at all costs. Customer servce is expensive too and unhelpful in dealing with issues

Purchased in July 2015 at Appliance Warehouse for $800.00.

Vin

VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Durable & Fit for Purpose

We are using this for 1 and a half year. It’ is durable, water and energy efficient. A lot of options for washing your clothes. The capacity is enough to wash your clothes and spinning process will help dry your clothes. Highly recommended and very good value for money.

Purchased for $600.00.

Wise tradie

Wise tradieMelbourne

Ok when new. Not long lasting

Bought new to replace failed LG front loader. Worked well for about 3-4 years. Drum bearing failed and repair costs are prohibitive. Would expect a longer service life than this. Wouldn't buy or recommend F&P.

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,100.00.

Viv

Viv

A very quiet and reliable machine

Quiet, effective and reliable. Have used it for more than 3 years now without any issues. Has good options too in terms of types of washes, temperature and speed etc

Purchased in May 2017 for $730.00.

HergelV

HergelVNewcastle

Fantastic appliance!! 5 star

I love this appliance. We are a family of 5 to 6 and i use this oftentimes a week and I encountered no problems. The washing machine is super easy to operate and didn't gave me any problem!

Jolce Wan

Jolce WanPerth, WA

12years on and still as good as the day I bought it... LUV U F&P WH7560J1

Had 12+ years...Absolutely do not want it to die. So easy to use and maintain. Motherboard was replaced when it was a week old, havent had a single bit of trouble since (nothing that can't be fixed by cleaning out the drain filter). Washes everything, very well and very gently. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one secondhand.

Purchased in March 2005 at The Good Guys.

2 year 2 weeks and needs help

Love my machine and worked well until warranty finished. Now awaiting service.

Let say after 80mins holding for a service call and still no answer I clicked the call back option and still haven’t had a call back! Disappointed with Fisher & Paykel customer centre - beyond a joke. How can a company run this way?

Will update review once we have a response but I would stay away from all F&P items due to their customer service call centre!!!!

Purchased in January 2018.

gadget709765

gadget709765sydney

I cant believe this has good reviews. I am replacing mine after 24 months brand new

Purchased in October 2015 at Appliances Online for $730.00.

Kelley R

Kelley RPerth, WA

Fantastic Washing Machine

Purchased in June 2019 at RetraVision for $669.00.

Esther D.

Esther D.

Good quality for a washing machine

Fisher & Paykel WH8560J3 - I would definitely recommend this product! I have used a number of washing machines and I could say that this is the best among them. Aside from its affordable price, it's very economical in water and electricity rating.

It's very easy to use and the size is perfect. It can fit our quilts, thick blankets, and mattress covers. So many options to choose from, from heavy clothes to quick washing. It's quiet and has a good quality of washing. Quick to dry as well with their spin dry. Great job Fisher & Paykel!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

amak320

amak320Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It shreds and torn clothes

Its been just over 5 years I have this machine. It now started to torn and shred my clothes I never seen any other brands reviews have ever had this issue.

Smaller items like socks makes way to the drain blocking it every now and then since first month we bought this. I am now an expert in how to fix this problem which doesn't bother me too much.

Sometimes when its spinning I hear loud banging sound as if something has came loose inside.

So many people mention that the cycle time is much longer than it stated on the screen the 8 mins just never seems to be 8 mins.

I am looking at other brands now to replace a better and bigger capacity one. I am sure none of the other brands would chew my clothes.

Purchased in April 2014 at The Good Guys for $644.00.

PoodleLuva

PoodleLuvaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Goes okay while its in warranty!

Had this machine for 5 years now. At about 3 years it was past it's 2 year warranty, rust appeared on side.
No visible wetness within. I contacted F&P direct and they offered to check it out for a fee plus parts.
I was annoyed as 3 years old it shouldn't be having issues! (I didn't follow up their offer) Over the last year the spin cycle is noisy. Machine still works but also having had a F&P dish washer that fell apart gradually with door springs and control panel collapse, it's the last F&P we will be buying!
What is annoying is it was sold on it's quietness at spin. No longer!

Purchased in October 2014 at Appliances Online for $746.00.