Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

J3 Series, J1 Series and J2 Series

The best washing machine EVER

I have resisted front loaders since they were invented. An empty nester and 51yo my trusty 9kg top loader died after ten years of service and barely an issue. It was my daughter who convinced me that I should try this model, as she raved about how clean the clothes were (3 kids and a hard working husband). Thank goodness I took her advice! The Quick wash function is BRILLIANT - 30minutes is perfect for smaller loads, towels, sheets, colours and all things that really aren't that dirty, just smelly or unclean. I won't be going back to those big, bulky top loaders..Thank you Fisher and Paykel, I love this machine.

Purchased at The Good Guys Physical store for $655.00.

Good
Noise Level
Quiet

Deserves a 5/5

We wash all our clothes, bedding, under garments and towels. Very satisfied with the product. Clothes are washed properly. Good variety of washing cycles.

Extremely pleased with the water and energy rating

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Very quiet

Brilliant machine

Generally use quick wash which works really well.( about one hour)
Is everything I wanted in a machine. Have been through quite a few over the years but this is just the best.
Use the delay wash quite a bit which is handy for having washing ready to hang when you get up in the morning.
No complaints at all - love this washing machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect water saver and quite performer

Used for all type of clothes, best and easy to operate console with child lock. Easy and hard on clothes for dirt. Loved about fact that it's very quite and make no noise during cycle. Great water saver and energy saver and take almost anything but need to work out how many i can put in single lot.
happy days ..

First front loader

First front loader purchase. I'm not completely sold on the conversion but I don't hate it.
Pros
Clothes are always very clean.
Gentle washing without agitation better for fabrics.
So much less water use sometimes you wonder how the clothes come out clean - but they are!
Can open door during wash cycle to add washing.
Whisper quiet.
1hr wash does a good job for day to day washing.

Cons
Doesn't remember favourite/most used settings. Defaults to 2.5hr wash.
Can't tip washing from basket into the machine like top loader
Door is in the way being in a corner it opens the wrong side in my laundry
Clothes not spun as dry as my top loader.

If you are used to top loaders they are very regimented in cycles. Trying to make sense of what this machine is doing will drive you mad. Stops and starts a lot.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

good job, good price, good backup service

very happy with the wash, the range of options ( yes, it does spin at a very high rate of revs, but there ARE slower options), the noise level, and the look ( ok - it DOES matter!). Had a locked door issue recently but readily fixed with a call to F and P, where the problem was quickly diagnosed ( blocked hose...five cent piece, as it turned out, so be warned!) and the courteous, knowledgeable service rep talked me through the process to clear it....very impressed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Beeps when finished and opens immediately

Great machine. Honestly, the best features I love are the beep to tell me it is finished, and I can open the door immediately. When trying to get as many loads through as possible on a wash and housework day I want to hear it is finished from the other end of the house, and I want to be able to get that load out straight away ready to put another load in. My last machine did neither of these things and I found it infuriating, especially having to stand and wait for the door to unlock. Little things that mean a lot when you want to get as much work done as possible in shortest time. Machine does a great wash, and the spin is very good, with the clothes feeling practically dry already when they come out. Easy press buttons, digital display, good selection of spin speeds/water temp/wash cycles. I’m very happy with this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great washer, but watch the vibration.

The washer is great, but spins at very high revs, and vibrates wildly. We have been unable to keep the matching dryer on top, because the shaking of the washer has damaged it, and we are onto our third dryer. F and P were very helpful after I complained on their FB page, and everything was replaced under warranty. Without going into fine detail about all the in-between drama, the company redeemed themselves by honoring warranties. If you have a wooden floor, as opposed to a concrete slab, just be aware.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Quiet, Clean, Reliable

I was a bit worried when I put the first load through, as the spin cycle sounded like the End of Days. However - after a few more cycles, and slight adjustments to the feet with a spirit level - the unit beds down into the feet quite well, balances out and the noise is minimized. I had an old Haier before that had a ton more weight in the top, and I don't think this has as much which may have been one of the issues. Living in an apartment we store quite a bit of stuff on top of the unit - so with more weight up top it is super quiet. The quick wash is brilliant, you'd hardly know it was running. Great unit for the price once you get it set up and properly balanced.

Fantastic washing machine

Great washing machine. I use the "everyday" function which cuts cycle time down to an hour. It is a very quiet washing machine compared to my last front loader. You are able to add to the washing machine once cycle has started. It also has a washing machine clean function. I purchased machine from the Good Guys who price matched an online price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good but lots of maintenance

This works well but does need a lot more drum cleans and filter and pump cleans. The filter is difficult to get to so if you're handy and remember t ok ask the guys in-store how to do this it's good machine. Otherwise see there's s lot of call outs. The wire around the door also comes loose a lot
Now it's out of warranty it's expensive

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Great wash every time but not sure so fast

This has been a nice washer for some time now. We bought it thinking it would save some time but it takes about the same amount of time as our old one the only difference is the fancy screen and control nob. It's cleaned stained cloths well and can handle very bulky loads too

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Works well

This machine works well. I have had it for 3 months now and I use it every other day as I have a messy toddler. Wish I had got the 8.5kg so I could wash queen sized quilts. Looks good and has great energy and water ratings. I would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very happy with my choice!!!

I loved the Quick Wash cycle, also the fact that you can pause the wash to add more items.
The choices of wash cycles are amazing, the stainless bowl is easy to keep clean. Space saving size.
It washes efficiently with minimal water and spins well.
Quiet operation. Highly recommended purchase!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great but should have gotten next size up

We bought this on sale at good guy as a discounted machine but had to buy the smaller one which was kinda a mistake however the 30 minuet cycle dose a really great job and all that's needed but as our famaily is large we really needed the next model size up

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Functional, easy to use.

The added feature of +rinse is great with towels, although it isn't able to be selected on the 30 minute cycle, nor is fabric softer to be used with the 30 minute cycle. True to all front loaders it is gentle on everything. I find the water intake very noisy, it was't a problem on my previous front loader which had hot and cold water intakes, whether it's noisier because it's only taking from cold water... I don't know. I like the large door opening. The drum size capacity is a lot smaller than my previous 7.5kg machine, which I'm guessing may be to prevent overloading. It's still early days as yet, but I quite like this machine in it's simplicity... load type selection/options are limited but it's unlikely to be an issue.

An excellent product

Purchased on "Choice" magazine recommendation. Installation of product efficient and most helpful. Very user-friendly operation. Excellent wash of wide range of materials but odd item on rare occasion does not rinse well on short (15 min) cycle. No obvious wear of clothes; very quiet operation. great product overall. Recommend purchase of a base unit ($60 Aldi) to make life(bending) easier.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed with flaws in a 3rd gen washer

Disappointed that this washer is poorly designed, with deficient software. I would have thought they would have got the kinks out on version 3.

The advertising is false. Everyday wash at 40C is 1:04 not 59 minutes. The times given for each cycle are wrong, they are always out by 10-30 minutes. It spends too much time filling in tiny spurts and faffing about before it spins, no matter what the load is.

It appears that it can't fill and sense water level at the same time, so it repeatedly fills a little and checks over and over again with water hammer on every fill. No soft close solenoids on this model. A simple towel wash can have more than 15 fills with hammer each time, annoying and slow!

30 minute quick wash doesn't spin after wash and before first rinse. So it wastes water on rinsing soapy clothes. A 30 sec spin after wash would have made this cycle useful.

Wash performance is standard, so at least clothes are clean. I do like the fast spritz/vortex wash in the middle of the wash cycle. Definitely do not overdo the powder as this bit creates some bubbles. Spin of 1200 in adequate. Releases door quickly on pause, so can easily add stuff unless water is above door. The ability to customise the temp and spin for each cycle is nice.

Was hoping for a quicker, quieter washing machine than my old one. This fails on both these measures. A few tweaks F&P and this could be a great machine.

Edited 5Aug2018. Updated text and added a star since it does work as a washing machine,

Date PurchasedJul 2018

A miserable brand and worst service

The worst machine ever, and their greed is enormous; heartless company;
#damaged office uniforms; kids dresses and many more.
#Simply split the cloths during spinning; slit and torn apart. Unbelievable.
When asked to have a look, they will only asked for a warranty, but not looked at the cause of the problem. SHAME on you.
Never buy this ..I won't.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

This is perfect

One of the best washes I have used cleans and rinse my clothes without any problems Makes my clothes smell better than ever and is gentle on some of my clothes So easy to use even my mum can use it quiet quick looks good fits perfect in my laundry.

Date PurchasedJan 2018