Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

J1 Series, J2 Series, J3 Series

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

terrible

does not work as intended. Expensive repairs and call-out fees for shoddy workmanship from the factory. avoid at all costs. Customer servce is expensive too and unhelpful in dealing with issues

Purchased in July 2015 at Appliance Warehouse for A$800.00.

Vin

VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Durable & Fit for Purpose

We are using this for 1 and a half year. It’ is durable, water and energy efficient. A lot of options for washing your clothes. The capacity is enough to wash your clothes and spinning process will help dry your clothes. Highly recommended and very good value for money.

Purchased for A$600.00.

Wise tradie

Wise tradieMelbourne

Ok when new. Not long lasting

Bought new to replace failed LG front loader. Worked well for about 3-4 years. Drum bearing failed and repair costs are prohibitive. Would expect a longer service life than this. Wouldn't buy or recommend F&P.

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for A$1,100.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Viv

Viv

A very quiet and reliable machine

Quiet, effective and reliable. Have used it for more than 3 years now without any issues. Has good options too in terms of types of washes, temperature and speed etc

Purchased in May 2017 for A$730.00.

HergelV

HergelVNewcastle

Fantastic appliance!! 5 star

I love this appliance. We are a family of 5 to 6 and i use this oftentimes a week and I encountered no problems. The washing machine is super easy to operate and didn't gave me any problem!

Jolce Wan

Jolce WanPerth, WA

12years on and still as good as the day I bought it... LUV U F&P WH7560J1

Had 12+ years...Absolutely do not want it to die. So easy to use and maintain. Motherboard was replaced when it was a week old, havent had a single bit of trouble since (nothing that can't be fixed by cleaning out the drain filter). Washes everything, very well and very gently. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one secondhand.

Purchased in March 2005 at The Good Guys.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDV5051

2 year 2 weeks and needs help

Love my machine and worked well until warranty finished. Now awaiting service.

Let say after 80mins holding for a service call and still no answer I clicked the call back option and still haven’t had a call back! Disappointed with Fisher & Paykel customer centre - beyond a joke. How can a company run this way?

Will update review once we have a response but I would stay away from all F&P items due to their customer service call centre!!!!

Purchased in January 2018.

gadget709765

gadget709765sydney

I cant believe this has good reviews. I am replacing mine after 24 months brand new

Purchased in October 2015 at Appliances Online for A$730.00.

Kelley R

Kelley RPerth, WA

Fantastic Washing Machine

Purchased in June 2019 at RetraVision for A$669.00.

Esther D.

Esther D.

Good quality for a washing machine

Fisher & Paykel WH8560J3 - I would definitely recommend this product! I have used a number of washing machines and I could say that this is the best among them. Aside from its affordable price, it's very economical in water and electricity rating.

It's very easy to use and the size is perfect. It can fit our quilts, thick blankets, and mattress covers. So many options to choose from, from heavy clothes to quick washing. It's quiet and has a good quality of washing. Quick to dry as well with their spin dry. Great job Fisher & Paykel!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

amak320

amak320Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It shreds and torn clothes

Its been just over 5 years I have this machine. It now started to torn and shred my clothes I never seen any other brands reviews have ever had this issue.

Smaller items like socks makes way to the drain blocking it every now and then since first month we bought this. I am now an expert in how to fix this problem which doesn't bother me too much.

Sometimes when its spinning I hear loud banging sound as if something has came loose inside.

So many people mention that the cycle time is much longer than it stated on the screen the 8 mins just never seems to be 8 mins.

I am looking at other brands now to replace a better and bigger capacity one. I am sure none of the other brands would chew my clothes.

Purchased in April 2014 at The Good Guys for A$644.00.

Dryer TypeSamsung
PoodleLuva

PoodleLuvaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Goes okay while its in warranty!

Had this machine for 5 years now. At about 3 years it was past it's 2 year warranty, rust appeared on side.
No visible wetness within. I contacted F&P direct and they offered to check it out for a fee plus parts.
I was annoyed as 3 years old it shouldn't be having issues! (I didn't follow up their offer) Over the last year the spin cycle is noisy. Machine still works but also having had a F&P dish washer that fell apart gradually with door springs and control panel collapse, it's the last F&P we will be buying!
What is annoying is it was sold on it's quietness at spin. No longer!

Purchased in October 2014 at Appliances Online for A$746.00.

Adam

AdamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not recommend

Had to get it repaired under warranty because it came out of balance and dented the side. Came out with in 2 days and repaired, good customer service.

Its about 4 years old now and is extremely loud and smells burning after spinning. Also leaving grease stains on clothes. Also sometimes takes hours to spin out clothes because its out of balance.

Purchased in January 2015 at The Good Guys.

Cosgrove

CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Need clothes washed, it works well

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$628.00.

mike155

mike155Illawarra, NSW

error in the machines program

My new Fisher and Paykel WH7560J washing machine will stay on spin cycle at 8 minutes remaining there for 12 minutes or more what ever I try hot / cold/ detergent/ no detergent/ loaded/ unloaded
I am using the Everyday cycle. This obviously is a error in the machines program that this company must be aware of , many complaints on the web all say 8 minuets remaining on spin cycle, fisher and Paykel used to be excellent now ,
PS quick cycle goes from rinse to spin in a minuet so the delay of 12 minuets is for ?

BuildingaHartley342

BuildingaHartley342Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hate this washing machine

When we first got this washing machine, I thought it was great. However, its the slowest washing machine ever (the 1 hour cycle takes over 1.5 hours for instance), constantly gets out of balance and generally just painful to use. I wish we'd never purchased it.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$650.00.

Ed Xu

Ed Xu

Great

It simply just works fine and cleans thoroughly. This washing machine don't produce lots of noise, quite silent actually, and the vibration is also minimum. It has various programs and settings but mostly I put it in Everyday mode around 1 hour. Although the timer sometimes is not really accurate, e.g. 5 minutes may take longer than 5 minutes. But overall, great washing machine with nice timer sound as well.

Amy O

Amy OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

EASY TO USE. GREAT RESULTS

I purchased my washing machine after lots of research. I found the price for the quality and size of the product to be the main draw card but the option to add items to a load that has already started, completely won me over.
The results i find are fantastic especially with 2 sporty kids. I love the Quick wash option as you get a great clean in 1/2 an hour and the fact that it heats the water within the machine rather than using the hot water tap (if you chose a hot wash) i find is a great function. I don't even have the machine connected to the hot tap!!!
Highly recommend and have done so to family and friends already.

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys for A$800.00.

Sushil Yadav

Sushil Yadavmelbourne

Very Efficient and user friendly

The product is great, watet efficient and washes clothes very well. I have been using it and love it. Has lots of wash cycyle and temperature control and many option to choose to wash as per your need.Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Donna

DonnaGreat Southern, WA

First and Last Front Loader

Manages the dirty farm clothes perfectly
Easy to use for all members of the family
Better on my back being front loader
Would never go back to top loader
Always had Fischer and Paykel washing machines