Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

J3 Series, J1 Series and J2 Series

WORST MACHINE EVER!!

I will never buy this brand again. Bad products and extremely bad customer service. Extremely unsatisfactory!!
Washing machine had a Faulty drum from the beginning. This machine was NOT quiet but rather like a jet taking off every time it was used. Technician was booked after paying a ridiculous $120 fee for 5minutes of service and email to F&P. Fisher & Pykel service centre is impossible to talk too and don’t offer extended warranty on any of their products, so after 2 years you can expect it to break down with no accountability from Fisher & Pykel. I honestly thought this brand would last more the 3years - APPALLING!!
After 3 emails & 6 phone calls (45-60 minutes a call in waiting time) and 4 weeks later, I’m still without a family washing machine even though I agreed to a replacement machine for a fee of $345. They can’t even facilitate a transaction to close this case. I’m not expecting much as I have not received a call back thoughout this time & honestly don’t see this being resolved as it’s impossible to speak to a customer representative.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $697.00.

Noise Level

Under 4 years' old, disappointing and expensive for 4yrs.

Our first front loader experience has been disappointing (couple only, no tradie clothes), especially since we had our F&P top loader for well over a decade and only changed to update to front loader. For some months now the spin cycle has been extremely noisy (from outside it sounds like an aeroplane taking off) and then the timer wouldn't keep the right time. Then on spin, if the items were towels or anything heavy eg even just one towel, it would go out of balance and just not spin. It is impossible to wash towels because of the spin so we've been going to the neighbours to wash our towels. It's okay just for small cycles on reduced spin but we need to buy a new one and will not look at F&P ever again. Paid for a (non-F&P) service person to investigate who charged us $300+ to look at washer and fix our F&P clothes dryer(!). Washing machine diagnosis: the bracket holding the inner and outer drums was cracked. Hubby rang F&P who refused to assist at all as the warranty is only two years. I have a video of it in operation but it won't attach below.

Purchased in April 2015 at Harvey Norman for $679.00.

Excellent choice

Outlook - excellent
Outcome - excellent
Efficiency - excellent

A superb choice for all households.

Delicate and a bit expensive, so recommended not to buy for tenanted properties.

PS: Don't bother to use hot water for better result, the cold option is enough for a great weekend washing experience :)

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $540.00.

Noise Level

Control board issues and Noisy washer after months of usage, and not impressed with customer service

The control board randomly malfunctions. Sometimes, spin won't end - you have to time it and check it when you are using it. Sometimes, I would check after 2 hours and it is still spinning and clock won't move.
Also the washer had been very noisy after months of usage.
Contacted their customer support and the answer I get is only "warranty is 2yrs, call our technician if you want to book"...I contacted them just after 2yrs from purchasing the washing machine.
This is a very different experience from my older washing machine Whirpool who gave me a replacement part even after 4 yrs free of charge. I only bought the Fisher and Paykel because we need a bigger washing machine. Until now, I still use the Whirpool once a week for our rags, mats and functioning properly - 8yrs old and counting.
Not impressed with Fisher and Paykel.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

The best washing machine EVER

I have resisted front loaders since they were invented. An empty nester and 51yo my trusty 9kg top loader died after ten years of service and barely an issue. It was my daughter who convinced me that I should try this model, as she raved about how clean the clothes were (3 kids and a hard working husband). Thank goodness I took her advice! The Quick wash function is BRILLIANT - 30minutes is perfect for smaller loads, towels, sheets, colours and all things that really aren't that dirty, just smelly or unclean. I won't be going back to those big, bulky top loaders..Thank you Fisher and Paykel, I love this machine.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $655.00.

Deserves a 5/5

We wash all our clothes, bedding, under garments and towels. Very satisfied with the product. Clothes are washed properly. Good variety of washing cycles.

Extremely pleased with the water and energy rating

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Brilliant machine

Generally use quick wash which works really well.( about one hour)
Is everything I wanted in a machine. Have been through quite a few over the years but this is just the best.
Use the delay wash quite a bit which is handy for having washing ready to hang when you get up in the morning.
No complaints at all - love this washing machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect water saver and quite performer

Used for all type of clothes, best and easy to operate console with child lock. Easy and hard on clothes for dirt. Loved about fact that it's very quite and make no noise during cycle. Great water saver and energy saver and take almost anything but need to work out how many i can put in single lot.
happy days ..

First front loader

First front loader purchase. I'm not completely sold on the conversion but I don't hate it.
Pros
Clothes are always very clean.
Gentle washing without agitation better for fabrics.
So much less water use sometimes you wonder how the clothes come out clean - but they are!
Can open door during wash cycle to add washing.
Whisper quiet.
1hr wash does a good job for day to day washing.

Cons
Doesn't remember favourite/most used settings. Defaults to 2.5hr wash.
Can't tip washing from basket into the machine like top loader
Door is in the way being in a corner it opens the wrong side in my laundry
Clothes not spun as dry as my top loader.

If you are used to top loaders they are very regimented in cycles. Trying to make sense of what this machine is doing will drive you mad. Stops and starts a lot.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

good job, good price, good backup service

very happy with the wash, the range of options ( yes, it does spin at a very high rate of revs, but there ARE slower options), the noise level, and the look ( ok - it DOES matter!). Had a locked door issue recently but readily fixed with a call to F and P, where the problem was quickly diagnosed ( blocked hose...five cent piece, as it turned out, so be warned!) and the courteous, knowledgeable service rep talked me through the process to clear it....very impressed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Beeps when finished and opens immediately

Great machine. Honestly, the best features I love are the beep to tell me it is finished, and I can open the door immediately. When trying to get as many loads through as possible on a wash and housework day I want to hear it is finished from the other end of the house, and I want to be able to get that load out straight away ready to put another load in. My last machine did neither of these things and I found it infuriating, especially having to stand and wait for the door to unlock. Little things that mean a lot when you want to get as much work done as possible in shortest time. Machine does a great wash, and the spin is very good, with the clothes feeling practically dry already when they come out. Easy press buttons, digital display, good selection of spin speeds/water temp/wash cycles. I’m very happy with this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great washer, but watch the vibration.

The washer is great, but spins at very high revs, and vibrates wildly. We have been unable to keep the matching dryer on top, because the shaking of the washer has damaged it, and we are onto our third dryer. F and P were very helpful after I complained on their FB page, and everything was replaced under warranty. Without going into fine detail about all the in-between drama, the company redeemed themselves by honoring warranties. If you have a wooden floor, as opposed to a concrete slab, just be aware.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Quiet, Clean, Reliable

I was a bit worried when I put the first load through, as the spin cycle sounded like the End of Days. However - after a few more cycles, and slight adjustments to the feet with a spirit level - the unit beds down into the feet quite well, balances out and the noise is minimized. I had an old Haier before that had a ton more weight in the top, and I don't think this has as much which may have been one of the issues. Living in an apartment we store quite a bit of stuff on top of the unit - so with more weight up top it is super quiet. The quick wash is brilliant, you'd hardly know it was running. Great unit for the price once you get it set up and properly balanced.

Fantastic washing machine

Great washing machine. I use the "everyday" function which cuts cycle time down to an hour. It is a very quiet washing machine compared to my last front loader. You are able to add to the washing machine once cycle has started. It also has a washing machine clean function. I purchased machine from the Good Guys who price matched an online price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good but lots of maintenance

This works well but does need a lot more drum cleans and filter and pump cleans. The filter is difficult to get to so if you're handy and remember t ok ask the guys in-store how to do this it's good machine. Otherwise see there's s lot of call outs. The wire around the door also comes loose a lot
Now it's out of warranty it's expensive

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Great wash every time but not sure so fast

This has been a nice washer for some time now. We bought it thinking it would save some time but it takes about the same amount of time as our old one the only difference is the fancy screen and control nob. It's cleaned stained cloths well and can handle very bulky loads too

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Works well

This machine works well. I have had it for 3 months now and I use it every other day as I have a messy toddler. Wish I had got the 8.5kg so I could wash queen sized quilts. Looks good and has great energy and water ratings. I would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very happy with my choice!!!

I loved the Quick Wash cycle, also the fact that you can pause the wash to add more items.
The choices of wash cycles are amazing, the stainless bowl is easy to keep clean. Space saving size.
It washes efficiently with minimal water and spins well.
Quiet operation. Highly recommended purchase!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great but should have gotten next size up

We bought this on sale at good guy as a discounted machine but had to buy the smaller one which was kinda a mistake however the 30 minuet cycle dose a really great job and all that's needed but as our famaily is large we really needed the next model size up

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Functional, easy to use.

The added feature of +rinse is great with towels, although it isn't able to be selected on the 30 minute cycle, nor is fabric softer to be used with the 30 minute cycle. True to all front loaders it is gentle on everything. I find the water intake very noisy, it was't a problem on my previous front loader which had hot and cold water intakes, whether it's noisier because it's only taking from cold water... I don't know. I like the large door opening. The drum size capacity is a lot smaller than my previous 7.5kg machine, which I'm guessing may be to prevent overloading. It's still early days as yet, but I quite like this machine in it's simplicity... load type selection/options are limited but it's unlikely to be an issue.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

I have been getting this E.701 or E.702 error on WH8560J1 either during end of rinse and start of spin cycle constantly. I have cleaned the drain at the bottom right by pulling out both hose and the plug. When I see this error, I press start/stop/start, take half a load of wash out as its soaked in water and heavy, leave rest in the machine and do quick 12 min spin and it works. I quickly find out if this 12min cycle wont work when the 12min drops to 11 and it just get stuck and wont spin 1100rpm or 800rpm or 500rpm(what ever spin I selected). If it drops to 10min and still spinning then I know I wont get E.701 error otherwise I get this error after about 5min stuck at 11min remaining screen. Please help as I booked technician and it will cost me $120 and if he says motor control needs replacing then I am better off buying new machine. Thanks

cant get machine to turn on keeps beeping

I cant change wash settings help

QuickSmart WH7560J3 (7.5kg)QuickSmart WH8560J3 (8.5kg)QuickSmart WH7560J1 (7.5kg)QuickSmart WH8560J1 (8.5kg)QuickSmart WH7560J2 (7.5kg)QuickSmart WH8560J2 (8.5kg)
Price (RRP) $899$999
Capacity7.5 kg8.5 kg
FeaturesAuto BalancingAuto Balancing
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people3-4 people
Colour / Finish WhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 590 mm850 x 600 x 645 mm
Motor TypeDirect DriveDirect Drive
Max Spin Speed 1,200 rpm1,200 rpm
Maximum Noise Level55 db55 db
Number of Wash Cycles99
Country of ManufactureChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSep 2013Sep 2013
Replaced byFisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH7560J2 (7.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH8560J2 (8.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH7560J3 (7.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH8560J3 (8.5kg)

Download manual