8Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader

3.8
Great wash performance
Quiet
Efficient spin cycle
Not as durable as expected

MilenaG
MilenaGAU2 posts
  Verified QuickSmart WH9060J3

Perfect Machine!

We have had this machine for a few years now and we love it. The range of functions is perfect and easy to understand and use. Towels always come out mega clean and fresh. I use the eco setting for everything. We use half as much detergent as we used to in our top loader. This is our first front loader so we did a lot of research and both sceptics, growing up on our respective mums whirlpool. I love using the top speed on the spin cycle as it halves the drying time. Heavy cycle is perfect for dirty, muddy items. Great clean for cat hair on blankets too. Drum clean function comes in handy after heavy use. Excellent results on my delicates as well (I always use wash bags for this).
Susie
SusieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
Not Happy Jan3 posts
Meloni
Meloni Sydney, NSW6 posts

Reliable washing machine

I bought this machine specifically for its quick wash function which is only 30 minutes. Its a great time saver and washes well. Easy to use dial for selecting the program want. I especially like the drum clean function which washes the machine through as super hot cycle. Great value for money and simple to operate. Would definitely buy and fisher and paykel washing machine in the future, this one hasn't let me down yet. Show details
mightymouse667
mightymouse66718 posts
  QuickSmart WH8560J3

Very Happy With this machine

The washing machine has a lot of features to make your clothes clean and look great. The machine is not harsh on the clothes items provided you separate the clothes and choose the appropriate cycle. It has a 15minute and 30-minute option, and an everyday option which I use a lot for 1 hour, steam refresh for shirts, doona covers not a problem, the machine is so quiet on all spin dry cycles and no hopping around the laundry. I have had this machine for nearly 2 years and I'm very pleased, it was a good price. Show details
Ron C.
Ron C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW
  Fair Incentive QuickSmart

Total satisfaction

Fisher and PayPal have continued there quality workmanship with this model. I speak with experience having had one for fifteen years now and still working well. The controls are simple to understand and easy to apply. If you are a bit on the lazy side and throw all types of clothes in it will still handle it ok. The machine will do delicates without any damage to clothes. At the end of the wash the clothes are almost dry.
John I.
John I.South-Eastern Region, NSW3 posts

Washing machine Review

This machine handles every thing from dooner covers, blankets, work clothes, along with all wool jumpers, so there really is great versatility with this machine. The spinning cycle is absolutely fantastic and if required can be ran as many times as you like, which is great for blankets. Show details
Keely
Keely5 posts
  QuickSmart

Great machine! Can’t live without!

This is a great machine! Never had any issues! Washes my clothes really well! Plenty of features and controls easy to use. I use the 30 minute wash cycle and if want something cleaned super well I pick a longer setting. Show details
TT2000
TT2000Brisbane8 posts

Not so quick nor smart

Got mine 4 years ago and wouldn’t recommend washing towels or bedsheets unsupervised. It will try to balance the weight by slowly spinning. Instead of stopping and provide an error code after a few tries like my previous F&P top loader does, it just rebalances until you manually stop it! Few times when I set the timer , it was still revaluing after a couple of hours!
The section for softener fills up with water or sometimes still left with 1/2 the softener after the wash.
Would change back to top loader once this one dies. Show details
Julien Smith
Julien SmithPerth, WA
  QuickSmart WH7560J1

Disappointing Washing Machine - lasted 5 yrs

we are a family of 3 , machine used 3 times a week
started off well for a couple of years, quiet and did the job
after 3 years started getting noiser
after 5 years , lights missing of display and not switching between wash and spin cycles.. you have to stop and restart spin and rinse cycle manually
would expect better than 5 years from a mid range machine
too expensive to repair, won't buy F and P again. Show details
jess
jessPerth, WA10 posts

quiet and stable

reliable , I had a top load and current front load, both work well and quiet which was a sought for when i looked for a washing machine
another good feature i like is the front door it bigger than usual washing machine, easy to put in and take out clothes
i usually wash cotton made clothes, but it does have lots other options Show details
kazawary
kazawarySydney, NSW14 posts
  QuickSmart WH9060J3
Colin
ColinSouthwest, VIC7 posts

Noisy while working and failed after 5 years

From the start this machine vibrated horrendously in use, just washing the family clothes. It used to travel across the floor. I had to brace the underfloor to cut down on the vibration. After 5 years, the main bearing gave up. The repair tech said it wasn't worth replacing the bearing as the machines are too hard to pull apart and by the time we had covered his labour costs, we'd have paid for a new machine. So we had to buy a new machine (Bosch this time)
Elliot.
Elliot.Melbourne4 posts
  QuickSmart WH7560J3

Rusted out after two years

Extremely disappointed with this machine. It's only three years old and has serious rust and metal peeling issues on one side. Sitting beside a wall, we didn't notice until we were moving house and now we've been told it's outside the two year warranty. I would expect a washing machine to last more than two or three years. Feel like they should last ten! Especially at this price point. Very poor build quality. Show details
MICHELLE
MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts
  Verified QuickSmart WH9060J3

Fiona S
Fiona S · QuickSmart Front Loader

I put a load of clothes in to wash and the machine made a pop noise and not working so now I need to take them somewhere to wash while I sort out a repair guy. How do I get my clothes out as door os locked (as if in wash mode) is there a emergency open button somewhere

paulandnessa
paulandnessa · QuickSmart WH9060J3 (9kg)

Is the Washing Machine supposed to have a liquid dispenser separate (Fits in)? I bought this machine a few months ago and they told me it takes either without changing anything. I'm feeling I'm missing a piece??

Victor K.
Victor K. · QuickSmart WH7560J1 (7.5kg)

Washing did stop with dirty water inside. 75 and error code, and drum clean light did start to flick . clean the drum . there were couple coins 4 screws. I wanted to start again. lLock light did still on an an top of it lock light come on. I put machine on the side and took out pump. there were 2 ,2$ coins. I ordered new pump and fitted in. put all together and lights still flashing and lock light is on. I made sure that drum is balance. with lock on it will not start. WHY ?

Features:

• The Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader’s current washing machine model is the WH9060J3, which has a 9kg capacity.
  • It has 9 wash cycles, including Quick, Delicate, and Heavy.
  • The front loader has a 4.5-star water rating and a 4-star energy rating.
  • Designed with better efficiency and quietness in mind, the machine has a smart motor that detects the load to ensure optimal fabric care.
  • An intuitive control panel lets you easily choose the cycle you want, as well as wash boost options like Rinse+ and Pre Wash.
  • This product has a 2-year parts and labour warranty and an 8-year parts only direct drive motor warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers were happy with the wash performance of this machine, saying that their clothes and linens came out clean.
  • They also appreciated how quiet the front loader was, and said that it didn’t disturb them while they were going about their day.
  • According to reviewers, the spin cycle is also efficient, and helped cut the drying time of their clothes in half.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the washing machine wasn’t as durable as they expected it to be. These reviewers said that their washing machine lasted somewhere between 2 to 5 years before it started to leak, rust, or metal started peeling on the sides.
Compare all Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart Front Loader listings
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,099$899
Capacity9 kg7.5 kg
Household Size 3-4 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless Steel
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 645 mm850 x 600 x 590 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,200 rpm1,200 rpm
Number of Spin Speeds3
Maximum Noise Level55 db55 db
Number of Wash Cycles99
Temperature Settings 5
Country of ManufactureChinaChina
StackableYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Replaced byFisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH7560J2 (7.5kg)Fisher & Paykel QuickSmart WH7560J3 (7.5kg)