Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

4.4

Antonetta

AntonettaSydney, NSW

Love this Machine

Loving my speed queen, very easy to use and loving the short cycles. I've been washing everything from delicates to blankets. this machine is expensive but it is worth the price.

Purchased in May 2020 at Michael's Appliances for A$3,895.00.

Noise Level

Hi Antonetta,
Thanks for the great review, the 26 minute fast wash in my favourite to.

DaphneUpper Yarra

No Service in Country Areas Install Yourself

Not sure how the Speed Queen Front Loader works for we are still trying to install it after an hour. We apparently do not get any service for installation due to living in the country rural area 2 hours from Melbourne. Not happy at all we purchased from H.N being told their staff had training with Speed Queen, I have a disability so purchased the heavy stand with the front loader over $4000.00 yet I cannot lift the machine at all and both H.N and Speed Queen do not care. It's easy to install they said despite knowing the sales person at H.N who knows that hubby has a disability as well. Not sure if anyone cares Hubby will be complaining on Monday regarding after sales installation.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

Not great

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Liv S

Liv SSydney

The most amazing washer the Speed Queen

AD

ADSydney

Definitely worth the price - Quality built to last.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Hi ,
Many thanks for the great review, we are pleased that you are enjoying your new SQ washer.

Review collected in partnership with Speed Queen

The best washer I've owned.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Hi Lou,
Thanks for the fantastic review and we are delighted that our Speed Queen washer has solved your laundry woes. If it ever need attention please contact asap on 1300washer.

Dee5

Dee5Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Heavy Duty Machine

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Blue RuneMelbourne

Outstanding washing machine.

I was sick of built to break cheap washing machines and decided to go quality. No regrets at all, this machine does everything very well, I am so happy with my purchase. Delivery man set it all up and showed me how to use everything and took the old one away. The only issue I have is keeping the the rubber seal around the door clean but just have to keep on top of it. Great load capacity and cycle selections. Quiet and efficient. I would highly recommend. Takes great care of our clothes even the delicates.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Time Poor Family

Time Poor FamilyNewcastle

Quality, Heavy Duty Machine - perfect for large bedding /quilts etc

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Front Loading Washing Machines

it is perfect. washes so quickly and can add washing after closing the door. Great front loader, eas

Cleans and rinses clothes really well. No tears in the clothes and is very quiet ( we have it next to the kids rooms). The fast cycle is great for the quick wash, you can also vary this. So easy to use no need to consult a manual and translator. installation was perfect despite our hard access and the staff were friendly and prompt.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Review collected in partnership with Speed Queen

TWE

TWEAU

Great machine, hits the mark every time!

KJQ

KJQAU

Can't live without this machine

Date PurchasedOct 2016
funguy

funguySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent machine but has design faults

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sturdy Top Quality Front Loader - Highly recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Argy

ArgySydney

AFNE9BSS - Fabulous machine so far

Vixellent

VixellentSydney, NSW

You get what you pay for. Worth every cent.

wanted-66

wanted-66AU

Very Happy

Polly M.

Polly M.asked

AFNE9B/BSS

Hi Speed queen. I would like to hear your advise on cleaning out the gunk build up that you get after washing in the black rim around the door. Is there a product that will help this or type of brush or a type of powder you recommend?. Sometimes I find that it can start to smell and my cloths come out smelling the same. Very frustrating as love the capacity and cycles.

Daphne

When you finish a cycle of washing you need to leave the door open to let the machine dry out inside, to clean the rim you need a damp chux wipe to clean around the rubber rim, I gently rub around the bottom of the rim there are small drain holes there. The machine will smell if you shut the door straight after a wash so leaving it open allows the water to dry out then you can shut it.

Brad

Bradasked

AFNE9BSS (Stainless Steel)

I am intending to buy this model but need to decide between white and stainless steel finish. White is our preference aesthetically, however stainless may be preferred if this confers better rust resistance. (Our previous machine was an Ariston which are known for rusting and ours was true to brand.).

Is the outside of AFNE9BSS a true austenitic stainless (like the drum)? In that case would it be accurate to expect that it would have superior corrosion resistance to the white version? Are there any other differences between these models?

Susan N

Susan Nasked

AFNE9B/BSS

We have had our Kleenmaid KAW793 just over 20 years. With 4 healthy teenage children growing up and numerous load being washed each day, it has been outstanding, apart from routine serviice calls (3 x drive belts, drain pump, brake pad set & inlet valve assembly. Total cost around including 4 x service calls $805.90 + $1149 purchase price = $1954.90 expenditure over 20 year period).
We still want to retain this washing machine, if we can purchase a replacement top. Otherwise my very handy husband wants to modify/repair the corroded hole to allow the spin cycle to work as this corroded hole has a switch near it and it isn't allowing the spin cycle.
Please advise if this part is available and the cost to Blacktown NSW?
Thanks Susan.

Blue Rune

Hi Susan, I am not a dealer or service agent I was only putting up a review of the washing machine I have just purchased. Regards Don

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives