5Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS

4.3

21 reviews · Statistics

81% · 174 · 19%

Noise Level
See the Best Washing Machines in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS21 reviews
Crawford and Margaret
Crawford and MargaretNSWSydney, NSW3 posts
  AFNE9B/BSS

Brilliant washing machine

Absolutely thrilled with my Speed Queen front loader. I have never had a front loader before and the plinth makes loading and unloading that much easier. It washes and spin dries brilliantly. My clothes and towels dry so much quicker than they used to. The installer was very good and gave me a run through demonstration. He set up my favourite programme and it is so easy to use. Wonderful that I don't have to assess which water level to put it on. It is so quiet and great having the indicator so you know how much time is left. All staff very helpful and great communication. Very happy customer. Show details
JimG
JimGVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

complete failure

The unit has failed twice in 6 years. Circuit Board now a Drive Motor. Sold on a 25 year lasting machine. Paying 50/50 is not an option here as this machine is well short of it's expected life. I will exercise my Australian Consumer Rights if this machine is not replaced or repaired and bring it back to new. It's a current model - AFNE9B Show details
Lisi
Lisi4 posts

Has changed my life!

This machine is by far the best i have ever used.. super fast + amazing settings.. the whole family can use it .. It has cut my wash time by about 1/2 .. really loved interacting with the team at Speed Queen Show details ·  1
Joanne
Joanne
  AFNE9B

Wish I had known about Speed Queen years ago!

We are very happy with our recently purchased Speed Queen front loader – best washing machine we have owned. Sales and installation service was excellent. It is easy to program, has many settings to choose from, actually washes 10 kg of clothes on all settings even the faster cycles (unlike other brands of front loaders)
and is worth the cost. I speed less time in doing laundry and save on time, water and money. I particularly recommend this machine to larger size families. Show details
Antonetta
AntonettaNSWSydney, NSW
  AFNE9B/BSS

Love this Machine

Loving my speed queen, very easy to use and loving the short cycles. I've been washing everything from delicates to blankets. this machine is expensive but it is worth the price. Show details ·  1
DaphneUpper Yarra16 posts

No Service in Country Areas Install Yourself

Not sure how the Speed Queen Front Loader works for we are still trying to install it after an hour. We apparently do not get any service for installation due to living in the country rural area 2 hours from Melbourne. Not happy at all we purchased from H.N being told their staff had training with Speed Queen, I have a disability so purchased the heavy stand with the front loader over $4000.00 yet I cannot lift the machine at all and both H.N and Speed Queen do not care. It's easy to install they said despite knowing the sales person at H.N who knows that hubby has a disability as well. Not sure if anyone cares Hubby will be complaining on Monday regarding after sales installation.

Svgtr
SvgtrWAPerth, WA23 posts

Not great

Maybe good if you live on a farm or have an external laundry. This is made for laundromats.

Pros:

large clothes capacity

heavy duty wash action (can be quite hard on clothes)

fast wash times

spins well

appears well built and reliable

Cons:

big con - does not use enough water on any programme

very smelly (weird rubber smell, not nice)

machine is huge in size

not quiet

lack of program choices

Not really a premium washing machine as the price would indicate. It's just a commercial washer sold for home use and I do wonder if maybe the laundromat ones are tweaked to use more water as otherwise it won't wash too well.

Liv S
Dee5SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA28 posts
Blue Rune
Blue RuneMelbourne4 posts

Outstanding washing machine

I was sick of built to break cheap washing machines and decided to go quality. No regrets at all, this machine does everything very well, I am so happy with my purchase. Delivery man set it all up and showed me how to use everything and took the old one away. The only issue I have is keeping the the rubber seal around the door clean but just have to keep on top of it. Great load capacity and cycle selections. Quiet and efficient. I would highly recommend. Takes great care of our clothes even the delicates.

Time Poor Family
Time Poor FamilyNewcastle2 posts
Emma
Emma
  Verified AFNE9B/BSS

it is perfect. washes so quickly and can add washing after closing the door. Great front loader, eas

Cleans and rinses clothes really well. No tears in the clothes and is very quiet ( we have it next to the kids rooms). The fast cycle is great for the quick wash, you can also vary this. So easy to use no need to consult a manual and translator. installation was perfect despite our hard access and the staff were friendly and prompt.

TWE
TWEAU5 posts

JWit
JWit · AFNE9B/BSS

Hi, is there a lint remover on this machine? ie. will it collect lint from your wash in a filter so you don’t end up with fluff all over your black clothes?

Speed Queen
Speed Queen   DM

Hi there, No front load washer has a lint filter, they do not create lint when used correctly. It does have a heavy object trap behind the the front lower service panel, the machine will tell you if this needs to be cleaned.

Polly M.
Polly M. · AFNE9B/BSS

Hi Speed queen. I would like to hear your advise on cleaning out the gunk build up that you get after washing in the black rim around the door. Is there a product that will help this or type of brush or a type of powder you recommend?. Sometimes I find that it can start to smell and my cloths come out smelling the same. Very frustrating as love the capacity and cycles.

Brad
Brad · AFNE9BSS (Stainless Steel)

I am intending to buy this model but need to decide between white and stainless steel finish. White is our preference aesthetically, however stainless may be preferred if this confers better rust resistance. (Our previous machine was an Ariston which are known for rusting and ours was true to brand.).

Is the outside of AFNE9BSS a true austenitic stainless (like the drum)? In that case would it be accurate to expect that it would have superior corrosion resistance to the white version? Are there any other differences between these models?

See all Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS questions

Compare all Speed Queen AFNE9B/BSS listings
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $4,995$4,495
Capacity10 kg10 kg
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Water Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 1027 x 683 x 704 mm1027 x 683 x 704 mm
Max Spin Speed 1,200 rpm1,200 rpm
Number of Spin Speeds44
Number of Wash Cycles1010
Temperature Settings 44
Weight122 kg122 kg
StackableNoNo
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteStainless Steel