Air New Zealand

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi
David R.

David R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

flight is cancelled by them but wont refund all of the flight cost - out of pocket by $1000 - total failure

We had our trip to the US cancelled due to covid and managed to get full refunds from all airlines (even on cheap flights in the US) but air new zealand refused to do the same due to their local travel refund laws. ACC in australia forced all local airlines to offer refunds and many other overseas airlines who were not subject to this law also followed with this guideline. This law is seen by many within NZ as a loophole and have called for the government to change it. So dissappointed in their total lack of customer service in this matter. This is not one of the best airlines in the world. You have to look after your customers even when things are tough.

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationLos Angeles, CA, USA
Philski

PhilskiForest Lake

Do not use them

Buying their service that was never delivered and refusing a refund is a crime. I don't care what the terms and conditions are. Paying in full for airline seats has to me made illegal. Email your State MP and Federal MP and demand something be done to protect consumers from airlines taking our money for nothing in return. The public are not a interest free bank. People need to stand up to this nonsense.

Worst airline ever

We bought 2 tickets Sydney-Papeete and they cancelled it 10 days later supposedly because of the COVID when the situation has not changed since (no mandatory quarantine in Papeete and no change on restrictions at the NZ border). And they don't even offer us a refund because “it's not they fault”. They sell tickets to cancel them shortly after and thus accumulate credit knowing that some customers will not be able to use or sell it... I absolutely do not recommend Air New Zealand

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationPapeete, French Polynesia

Angela

Angela

Stole my stuff and broke bags

Shocking customer service.

No customer care at all!! Trying to get home to Fiji melb-Syd- Fiji new Zealand had imposed 12 hr limit on layover time which they knew of but couldn't be bothered notifying the 30 customers it affected. 2 flights to and from Melbourne to Sydney plus quarantine expenses and they don't want to refund. Never want to use them again! And will chase like crazy for my money Back!

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThird Party

Terrible customer service.

The way Air Newzealand handle the Covid-19 situation is really terrible. Flight got cancelled WITHOUT WARNING.

For 3 weeks I had been requesting call back twice from online platform and twice from phone calls, ZERO CALLBACKS. First they say 3 days waiting period, then 5 days, then 7 days. Total rubbish.

I'm not even asking for a refund. I just want to book a flight home. Airline reputation tarnished with almost zero response. It is as if the airline has collapsed. I would not recommend.

Seat Room
Food
In-Flight Service
In-Flight Entertainment
Wi-Fi
DepartureChristchurch, New Zealand
DestinationSingapore
BookingThrough Airline

Damaged bikes and improper bad service

DepartureVancouver, BC, Canada
DestinationRotorua, New Zealand
Chezza38

Chezza38BRISBANE

Price gouging at its finest!

Similar to other reviews. Air NZ canceled our flight which was scheduled for September supposedly because of covid-19. They refuse to refund and will only offer a credit and have requested we rebook. This is obvious price gouging. They are now inflating prices. We scheduled this trip around an event so rebooking is not a suitable option. Corporate bullying at its finest. We would never trust them to fly with them.

Corporate thieves.

My family paid $6000 for flights in July which the airline have now cancelled. We don’t know if or when we will be able to reschedule our trip, but Air NZ refuse to give refunds, despite them being unable to provide the service which we paid for. - They are no more than greedy corporate thieves. Avoid at all cost, unless you are in a position to voluntarily hand over your hard earned money with no guarantee of getting anything in return.

Moose

MooseTauranga

Only care about shareholders, not customers!

Won't refund our flights to Canada which THEY cancelled, and can not even let you know what credit you have. Shocking service, and disregard for customers. They only care about shareholders!

No refund after cancelled flights

It is not acceptable to refuse to refund customers after you cant deliver your services, no matter the circumstances. I have always been a loyal customer, that makes this horrendous treatment feels even more unfair.

DepartureAuckland, Neuseeland
DestinationFiji Islands, Fidschi
Sales manager13

Sales manager13Cairns

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights, value of A$6200.
A credit will be applied automatically, where in the civilised can you get away with this stunt.
They cancelled a service I paid for 12 months prior to the flight and it's now my problem to use a credit, if it ever arrives.
What if at 70 yrs old I am unable to take flights and use the credit, it goes into Air NZ bottom line.
Great business model any other similar would get you a few years in jail.

I want my hard earned money please.

DepartureCairns QLD, Australia
DestinationVancouver, BC, Canada
ClassPremium Economy
Tropic Girl

Tropic GirlSydney, NSW

Two emails via the lost and found section on their website completely ignored

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationRarotonga, Cook Islands
BookingThrough Airline

Air NZ deceitful response to customers

Air NZ cancelled my flight to London via LA weeks ago and have been trying to force me to take a credit instead of a refund despite US law stating they must refund people. I explained I'm currently unemployed & need my $ back urgently. They didn't care. I even wrote to the CEO. No response. Instead they tried to bully and deceive me into taking a credit. Air NZ management you should be ashamed of yourselves. Your incompetence and dishonesty is ruining the company's reputation. And without that you're in deep trouble post covid 19!

Sarah-Jane J.

Sarah-Jane J.

Flight cancelled due to COVID-19, but super quick and efficient customer service

We couldn't be happier than what we have been with Air New Zealand. We had tickets booked to Argentina for August, however due to COVID-19 these flights were cancelled. Air New Zealand gave us the option of a credit to be used within 12 months or a full refund. We chose a full refund and Air New Zealand contacted us within 24 hours to confirm details in this regard. We had the full $3,900 back in our bank account within a few days. When we go back to rebook, we will certainly rebook with Air New Zealand. Very happy!!

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

They changed my flights without my request and they are not refund the full amount

Horrible customer service, with a supervisor who does not listen to you and just repeat the same words. I bought a ticket to Brisbane and they changed my flight to go one day earlier and come back two days after. I did not ask for any change but they changed anyway. They just gave me taxes refund even not been my fault. I called, send an email and called again talking to Priya who did not help with anything and did not offer any solution. I could be manager of Airnz Customer Service and I would be able to do better. Shame.

DepartureAuckland, New Zealand
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Terrible responses to COVID-19

Very disappointed with the level of support offered to business class customers. I’ve spent $720 for admin fees already and now about to lose another $1200 for cancellation fees for the already cancelled flights. How could you expect people to plan their travel again in 12 months to use your credit? I’m paying 5 times more to fly business but not getting any adequate/ appropriate support from the airline. The airline should have smarter strategies to keep their customers. Instead of trying to hold on to $600 cancellation fees, think about the income you would earn from returning customers after the COVID-19 is over!

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
ClassBusiness Class
Maria

MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice flights but overall service horrendous

We recently flew to San Francisco from Brisbane and spent over $12000 in flights. My simple complaint is I tried numerous times to contact Air NZ as my suitcase was damaged on the way and way back. The first was the handle breaking. On the way back, the shell inside was smashed into thousands of pieces and silver logo missing. This suitcase has been used once for a move. You can see it is in new condition. I have contacted through Facebook, email and even called and it has been a carousel I am getting off and expressing complete disappointment. The last contact was with photos and a full report to the team in charge and I have heard nothing after following up myself.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationSan Francisco, CA, USA
BookingThird Party

They sneakily make you pay extra

I just made a booking with Air Newzealand and they intentionally changed my currency (at the final step of the payment) so that I pay more. When I changed the currency back to NZD, they change it back again to EUR which is a different price and a huge extra on the conversion rates. They do it sneakily in the same session because customers are already relaxed and don't expect it to be changed. Why? If I already picked NZD as my payment currency, why to change it back in the same session?

That is a horrible low-cost airline strategy! I am totally disappointed and will never fly with them.

DepartureNelson, New Zealand
DestinationAuckland, New Zealand
Sonya

SonyaPerth, WA

Over a hour on hold to air n.z

at 1am N.Z time. It doesn't matter what time you ring you wait for hours...shocking service you take our money air n.z but slow in compensation. Come on air n.z sort yourselves out. Unacceptable.

Seat Room
Food
In-Flight Service
In-Flight Entertainment
DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationNew Zealand

Marion

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.