Air New Zealand

• Wi-Fi
Ben

BenPerth, WA

Expensive budget airline

For some reason air New Zealand have got a great reputation. But ive NEVER had a good reliable flight them always delayed leaving little time at connections. The last flight i took cost me $975 including extra baggage and for that i didn't get a meal on either flight my bags didn't make it to my final destination and arrived 2 days later. Also the first flight was delayed making me nearly miss the next 2 flights. Contacted Air New Zealand to get compensation for the baggage which they agreed to but the process makes it next to impossible to get the money back.
I have found there lounges to be pretty depressing and cheaply run.
Also they have lost there oneworld status
Simple fix FLY QANTAS

Year Round Rider

Year Round RiderVictoria, Canada

Avoid Air New Zealand!

Horrible system unflexible, arrived 2 minutes later and although airplane was not even boarding, and there was space available on the flight, was not allowed to board. Avoid Air New Zealand!

Harmony

HarmonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing helpful

Thank you soo much for your amazing service
Air Newzealand Brisbane. Today my nana and uncle left from brisbane to samoa and because of the language barrier (samoan) it was difficult to communicate a few of the required lab documents for covid. As last minute and frustrating as it could've been they were patient and understanding. Thank you again soo much 21/01/20 12pm from bne to akl

glopaul

glopaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful procrastination

Our return flights from Gold Coast to San Francisco on 28.8.2020 were cancelled by Air NZ on July 31, 2020.
6 Months later, we are still waiting for our refund. We are a couple of pensioners in our mid 70's and need this refund. unfortunately it seems Air NZ are not particularly bothered about this and just keep us waiting. The travel agent submitted our refund request 4 months ago and say it is up to Air NZ.

ClassEconomy
BookingThird Party

Horrible customer service. Make sure you fly Qantas if you're looking for trans tasman flights

After years and years of loyalty they won't offer refunds for April flights (peak covid lockdown). Will never fly again, Qantas have been more than accommodating with their policy so they'll be my airline of choice for the future.

David R.

David R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

flight is cancelled by them but wont refund all of the flight cost - out of pocket by $1000 - total failure

We had our trip to the US cancelled due to covid and managed to get full refunds from all airlines (even on cheap flights in the US) but air new zealand refused to do the same due to their local travel refund laws. ACC in australia forced all local airlines to offer refunds and many other overseas airlines who were not subject to this law also followed with this guideline. This law is seen by many within NZ as a loophole and have called for the government to change it. So dissappointed in their total lack of customer service in this matter. This is not one of the best airlines in the world. You have to look after your customers even when things are tough.

Philski

PhilskiForest Lake

Do not use them

Buying their service that was never delivered and refusing a refund is a crime. I don't care what the terms and conditions are. Paying in full for airline seats has to me made illegal. Email your State MP and Federal MP and demand something be done to protect consumers from airlines taking our money for nothing in return. The public are not a interest free bank. People need to stand up to this nonsense.

Worst airline ever

We bought 2 tickets Sydney-Papeete and they cancelled it 10 days later supposedly because of the COVID when the situation has not changed since (no mandatory quarantine in Papeete and no change on restrictions at the NZ border). And they don't even offer us a refund because “it's not they fault”. They sell tickets to cancel them shortly after and thus accumulate credit knowing that some customers will not be able to use or sell it... I absolutely do not recommend Air New Zealand

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
Angela

Angela

Stole my stuff and broke bags

ClassEconomy
BookingThrough Airline

Shocking customer service.

No customer care at all!! Trying to get home to Fiji melb-Syd- Fiji new Zealand had imposed 12 hr limit on layover time which they knew of but couldn't be bothered notifying the 30 customers it affected. 2 flights to and from Melbourne to Sydney plus quarantine expenses and they don't want to refund. Never want to use them again! And will chase like crazy for my money Back!

Terrible customer service.

The way Air Newzealand handle the Covid-19 situation is really terrible. Flight got cancelled WITHOUT WARNING.

For 3 weeks I had been requesting call back twice from online platform and twice from phone calls, ZERO CALLBACKS. First they say 3 days waiting period, then 5 days, then 7 days. Total rubbish.

I'm not even asking for a refund. I just want to book a flight home. Airline reputation tarnished with almost zero response. It is as if the airline has collapsed. I would not recommend.

Damaged bikes and improper bad service

Chezza38

Chezza38BRISBANE

Price gouging at its finest!

Similar to other reviews. Air NZ canceled our flight which was scheduled for September supposedly because of covid-19. They refuse to refund and will only offer a credit and have requested we rebook. This is obvious price gouging. They are now inflating prices. We scheduled this trip around an event so rebooking is not a suitable option. Corporate bullying at its finest. We would never trust them to fly with them.

BookingThrough Airline

Corporate thieves.

My family paid $6000 for flights in July which the airline have now cancelled. We don’t know if or when we will be able to reschedule our trip, but Air NZ refuse to give refunds, despite them being unable to provide the service which we paid for. - They are no more than greedy corporate thieves. Avoid at all cost, unless you are in a position to voluntarily hand over your hard earned money with no guarantee of getting anything in return.

Moose

MooseTauranga

Only care about shareholders, not customers!

Won't refund our flights to Canada which THEY cancelled, and can not even let you know what credit you have. Shocking service, and disregard for customers. They only care about shareholders!

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

No refund after cancelled flights

It is not acceptable to refuse to refund customers after you cant deliver your services, no matter the circumstances. I have always been a loyal customer, that makes this horrendous treatment feels even more unfair.

Sales manager13

Sales manager13Cairns

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights, value of A$6200.
A credit will be applied automatically, where in the civilised can you get away with this stunt.
They cancelled a service I paid for 12 months prior to the flight and it's now my problem to use a credit, if it ever arrives.
What if at 70 yrs old I am unable to take flights and use the credit, it goes into Air NZ bottom line.
Great business model any other similar would get you a few years in jail.

I want my hard earned money please.

Tropic Girl

Tropic GirlSydney, NSW

Two emails via the lost and found section on their website completely ignored

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia

Air NZ deceitful response to customers

Air NZ cancelled my flight to London via LA weeks ago and have been trying to force me to take a credit instead of a refund despite US law stating they must refund people. I explained I'm currently unemployed & need my $ back urgently. They didn't care. I even wrote to the CEO. No response. Instead they tried to bully and deceive me into taking a credit. Air NZ management you should be ashamed of yourselves. Your incompetence and dishonesty is ruining the company's reputation. And without that you're in deep trouble post covid 19!

Sarah-Jane J.

Sarah-Jane J.

Flight cancelled due to COVID-19, but super quick and efficient customer service

We couldn't be happier than what we have been with Air New Zealand. We had tickets booked to Argentina for August, however due to COVID-19 these flights were cancelled. Air New Zealand gave us the option of a credit to be used within 12 months or a full refund. We chose a full refund and Air New Zealand contacted us within 24 hours to confirm details in this regard. We had the full $3,900 back in our bank account within a few days. When we go back to rebook, we will certainly rebook with Air New Zealand. Very happy!!

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.