Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointing food service

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Renee m

Renee mNSW, 2038

Their safety of passengers travel is not number 1

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gluten Intolerance - Extremely Disappointing

On my return flight from LA to Auckland, I was given a meal that was not gluten free - even after selecting and informing the airline of my intolerance. This was raised with the airline and there apologies where addressed through a $100.00 voucher. The lack of remorse even after raising this issue with senior management is alarming. I have refused the credit as I believe this is inadequate and would rather inform potential clients wishing to travel with Air New Zealand to review your meal selection and double check throughout all flight legs to ensure all food intolerance's and/or religious believes are being meet.

Chris332

Chris332Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Business class, should have flown economy with some other airline

DestinationVancouver, BC, Canada

Leslie D.

Leslie D.

Great Service comfortable flight

Melbourne to Auckland flight. Booked online via Air NZ app, easy and efficient.

I was a bit worried as I’d had some recent upgrades to business on Emirates. But all was pretty comfy for cattle class.

Check in was quick and easy the self service system works well with. O queues.

Meals was ok, better than a recent Qantas flight. Staff service was pretty good. I had a blocked nose and one if the attendants got me a cup with civjsand hot water in it to clear me head for the descent. Very kind. Luggage collection was quite smooth. My Seay was acceptable for economy.all in all trouble free flying.

Use another airline

Booked Air NZ specifically for the service, paid extra for food etc. Plane was replaced last minute (with no communication to customers) entertainment system was from the 80's, barely worked and gave me a headache to watch it, nowhere to charge my phone, the food was awful and made me sick. Made a complaint, got a generic response. Useless, won't be travelling with them again.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Cameron

CameronSydney, NSW

Terrible joke

Booked first class tickets
Plane was replaced by a rental plane from the 1980s. In flight entertainment was my mobile phone. We emailed a complaint to air New Zealand, whose response was that we had received priority check in which is a first class service. We had been regular customers of air New Zealand for years however their customer service is terrible
We will never fly with them again

ClassFirst Class

Rocket

RocketSouth East Queensland, QLD

They lie and off load bags. Worst airline

Queenstown to Brisbane 11 August. Told all people they were moving bags around for weight yet the plane was not full. Over 50 people in line at Brisbane now complaining the bags aren’t here. Basically NZ Airlines lies to all passengers. Never ever fly this airline again.

BookingThrough Airline

Cancelled my ticket. Didn't notify me.

I was booked to fly with Air New Zealand tonight (Firm Business Class ticket from Australia to USA) but they changed me to tomorrows flight without notifying me or giving a reason. I found this out when checking in a few hours before departure. After spending 70 minutes on the phone to customer service it was obvious they simply did not care and they offered no solution. I had to buy a last minute ticket on another airline at enormous cost as I could not arrive a day late. This is the third time in two years AirNZ have done this. Never again.

DestinationUSA

Not very ethical

Took our money months before flight & refused to refund when one of us got very ill. Never use them again. Had well over months notice & could easily have resold tickets.

Bunny

BunnySydney, NSW

Air New Zealand Ground Crew courteous and professional

Travelled recently over the dish. Arrived at Sydney Airport very flustered and was greeted by the Air New Zealand ground crew. I was very impressed by the reception I received. In particular a young lady by the name of Kat. Was made to feel calm and special by her professional demeanour.

Carolena

CarolenaSydney, NSW

Do not fly Air NZ!!!!

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

george335igmail.com

george335igmail.comSydney, NSW

Average airline, pretending to be more

DestinationWellington, New Zealand

P Mac

P MacSydney, NSW

Replacement Airpoints Card

I have held a Air New Zealand Airpoints card for over twenty years. My card is falling to pieces, I rang Air New Zealand today and am told that they cannot post a new card to an Australian address. They Even asked if they could mail it to a NZ address. Are they going that badly or is this just very poor customer service.

Nensi S.

Nensi S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complaint!

Annie inglis

Annie inglisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My son has been studying in the US for the last 2 years and flown multiple times back and forth from Adelaide.
I too have flown to see my son with Air New Zealand.
Not once have either of us had a bad experience with this airline.
We have both found them to be very accommodating in every way.
I have also had to change an international flight and the customer service officer was extremely helpful and understanding.
I now would not fly to the US with any other airline as I trust them implicitly.
Thank you Air New Zealand for making my time away from my son the only thing I didn’t have to worry about.

Annie

Patty

PattyAuckland

Unreasonably overcharged by Air New Zealand

testdriver

testdriverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Business class joke

Before booking business class, take a look at the cabin layout. You are effectively facing the people across the aisle ! Economy has more privacy ! And also be aware that unless you are a gold member, a business class ticket does not get you in to a lounge prior to a business class domestic partner airline connection. I'm posting this to help others as it is hard to find this out at the time of booking. On the positive side the help centre helpfully and efficiently confirmed the lack of lounge access at Houston (and everywhere else it seems)

DestinationDetroit, MI, USA

N Nguyen

N NguyenSydney

Portable cot not included as baby item

Only pram, stroller and car seats are allowed as free items when you travel with baby. I got official response from Air NZ that portable cot is not free baby item. I never had any problem with other airlines about bringing portable cot. How can they call themselves "Family Friendly"? Very disappointed!

Into the horizon

Into the horizonSydney, NSW

AIR NZ website info needs updating - Customer Service operators needs extensive training - Worthless Airpoints program

Marion

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.

CategoryInternational Airlines