ALDI Air Nail Guns
See the Best Nail / Staple Guns in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

MinormanPerth, WA

Dubious design quality

Brought this when in WA visiting family in 2019 but just got a need to use it. It fell apart internally after only about 100 nails. Took it apart and found that the steel nail driver had stripped the thread out of the aluminum driver piston. I will not give up so I am waiting for some ally rod to make a new piston as I doubt spares are available. If it fails again it's in the bin. I am in the UK by the way.

Purchased in .

Franco
FrancoBLACKTOWN

value for money

I bought this some time ago but just recently started using it. Had to do sone research to find the pins and nail for it. Was surprised that jow easy it was to use. The gauge size is not standard so cant find nails everywhere and limited lengths avialable. For home use its okay.

Date Purchased

sheer crap

This product sucks . It didn't even switch on, I bought the right staples but they didn't fit. I took it outside and smashed the crap out of it. If you can't make products up to a decent standard then don't make them. It doesn't matter how cheep it is if it doesn't work. Bicycle girl could tap dance better than you people can make power tools. This entire incident has been an outright disgrace.

Bubblerats
BubbleratsSydney

Blew up in my hand

Recently brought a Workzone Nail Gun from Aldi. When I went to use it, it blew up in my hand and went to pieces. VERY DANGEROUS. I knew it was cheap and didn't expect it to compare with others that I have owned in the past but for it to blow up in my hand was very distressing. I was lucky that I was not injured.

Nail / Staple Guns

Find out how ALDI Air Nail Guns compares to other Nail / Staple Guns

steve
stevebrisbane

buy nails

you can get the nails from Super Cheap unfortunately mine gun has stopped working air isn't getting thru although other tools work ok

Boogaloo
BoogalooGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great tool. Uses off the shelf brads/nails and staples from Bunnings

The nail gun made light work of a large job I did recently which used up over 700 staples. Fortunately the tool accepted Project Air" brand "28mm Narrow Crown Staples" from buntings specified for their "TA-RP9606 Nailer/Stapler" without a hitch! The staples cost around $13 for a 1000 pieces pack.
Uses off the shelf supplies
Nothing after it's first heavy use.

Taurus c type brad /nailer

Used the 50mm nails (first hundred supplied) with no problems.NOW buying Bunnings nails 50mm ,they jam the magazine making the gun inoperable.No supply from Aldi which makes gun worthless.HOW DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!Aldi staff unsympathetic and didnot understand the problem.Need a tool service department to handle these problems.No service ,replacement is not good enough
No Supply of Consumables!!!
Standard nails jam

Aldifan

Unfortunately I have looked at my Gunning's for nails for this and they only carry 16 guage c brads in 50 mm. The Taurus takes thinner 18 guage C1 brads. It is really hard to tell the difference I had a similar problem with some staples.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

The Expeditor
The ExpeditorNortheast, VIC

Two problems after exchange for faulty nailer

Nail gun number one failed to nail after about ten nails. Despite having added the 6 to 8 drops of oil in air inlet of the nailer (as per instructions). Returned to Aldi, exchanged for another sealed unit. This one works, but the nail magazine catch opens up after nailing each nail. Fixed by rubber band on catch.
I would say their quality control needs sorting. I dont expect it to last very long.....Will probably go back for third unit after which, and if not right this time, I will spit the dummy and demand a refund.....
Light, very little kick back and seems fairly safe.
Failed twice so far. Silly problems. Cheap, and acts like it.. Nails/Staples should be able to brought from Aldi, as well as Bunnings.

plastabloke
plastabloke
blackdog
blackdog

Can buy them on ebay they are classed as code 5 brads

AldifanAustralian Capital Territory

Hardware store Bunnings only sells C1 size nails to 38 mm and the staples to 32mm which is what their machine is capable of - Super cheap Auto of all people sell C1 nails to 50mm but not the staples.
Goes like a dream and they are now ultra reduced - $24.95
Instructions a little light on.

tom
tom

where can i buy 40 mm staple for it ?

Nail / Staple Guns

Find out how ALDI Air Nail Guns compares to other Nail / Staple Guns

Bought it and was very impressed with the quality. Usually anytime I buy air tools, the coupler fittings always leak air so I have to add some teflon tape, however this one did not. Was very surprised.
After reading the other review on here I got worried that you cannot buy the nails for it at bunnings (major hardware chain in Australia). I went last night and they had a few sizes available. I got the C1 size (18 gauge), and it was fine.

I can't highly recommend this tool enough, it's now my new favourite air tool.
Durable, well built and reasonably priced
The really cheap googles included.

Good

Bought the gun yesterday and worked like a dream on a hard wood deck with the supplied nails. When i ran out i went to bunnings but none of their nails fit (slightly too wide). Don't know if i can get them from anywhere else.

If the nails can be bought elsewhere then i would give this product 5 stars.

It be happy to pay $10 more to get alot more nails.
Cheap, light, easy to use, works fine with hard wood.
Only comes with 100 nails