ALDI Ambiano Food Dehydrator

ALDI Ambiano Food Dehydrator

MPNs: 95206, 95459 and KYS336B
See the Best Food Dehydrators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

2.3

Died first go

Didn’t even get to use it once, fan inside was making an awful noise and plastic appeared to de melting so turned it off and a complete waist of time and money

Lurlene Eve
Lurlene EveIllawarra, NSW

Would not purchase again as it falls apart after only 4x being used

I purchased this dehydrator in December 2020. It is so fragile despite being very careful with it. To my great dismay pieces are breaking off, the trays are splitting. Have used this product only 8 times! Love the product otherwise. Would not recommend the purchase of this product

Purchased in December 2020 for $40.00.

Sara S.
Sara S.Perth, WA

Plastic rubbish

I have only given this machine a 1 star review and that’s only because the jerky I made was really good. I have used the machine about 8 times and the next time I use it, it will be ready for the bin. The plastic trays are so fragile that after the first use small pieces snapped off. Each time I use the machine more keeps snapping off. I am at the point where 1/2 the trays are completely broken.

Purchased in February 2021 at ALDI for $40.00.

Unhappy
UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never buy this.

No after sales service, no accessories available. The trays crack and disintegrate after one or two uses. Would never buy this product again. If I could give it a minus rating, I would.

willsmother
willsmotherAU

Good for price

I have two, owned for a couple of years now. So far reliable and trays have survived dishwasher. I give them heavy use in fruit season hence the need for two. Trays need rotation both top to bottom and turning. Takes several hours to dry depending on type of fruit. Small berries fall through tray as they dry, finer mesh inserts would be handy but it’s a budget machine. I only dry sliced fruit and vegetables. Tempted to upgrade to larger horizontal drying machine at some stage but that’s only because I live in a country town with lots of free fruit and do a lot of drying.

Purchased for $39.00.

CrystalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible product

Used it for about 8 hours to make beef jurky and was fine all went well.
Went to do the same a week later about 4 hours in all the plastic started cracking you could see and hear it cracking every single bit of plastic was cracked

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in January 2021 for $40.00.

bavarian
bavarianSydney, NSW

is it safe

i'm using it no for about 4 weeks. But i notice there small part of the plastic tray which are coming of. Like some small flakes. I'm using it to dehydrate chicken fillet

Purchased in December 2020 for $40.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Epic fail

After nearly 26 hours, my very thinly sliced orange slices were still emitting juice when squeezed. Absolutely hopeless ! It would have been quicker to dry them in the sun. Very disappointed in this product sorry.

Purchased in December 2019.

Used for Soft Fruit
Martine A.
Martine A.South East Queensland, QLD

Kitchen Stable!

Very happy with this dehydrator. I’ve been using it heaps over the last 2 years to dry sugar cookies. My only negative Is that the trays stack, if you aren’t 130% careful you can stack them wrong causing damage to the cookies on the lower racks.
For $40 I couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for $40.00.

Rubbish job

If I could give this product 0 I would. The manual says 8 hours for thinly sliced tomatoes. After close to 24 hours I gave up, put the machine in its box and took it back to ALDI for a refund. I tried apples and apricots with just as much success. The problem is it just doesn't get to temperature.

Purchased in December 2019 for $90.00.

Frank
FrankCentral Queensland, QLD

Fantastic dehydrator

This is a great dehydrator all round. I use it mainly on mangos at 70 for 12 hours and they come out perfect, full of flavour and crispy. The design of this dehydrator makes it easy to load and clean. For the price I think it's a steal.

Purchased in December 2019 at Aldi Bundaberg QLD for $40.00.

Sue
SueNew South Wales

I'd love to make this work

I've tried every way I can think of to dry lemons - sliced thick, thin, wedges, peeled, unpeeled, 70 degrees, 55 degrees, but they just end up sticky and look like they'll go mouldy very quickly i.e. not dry enough, even after 17 hours. Feel like they'll still need freezing, not really the point. Don't want to keep using all that electricity unless I know it's worthwhile. If anyone can help me get the rating up to 5* or even 3* I'd be extremely grateful.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Penny
PennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

I have been using this dehydrator for two years now. I really like it. I make banana chips, strawberry chips, and anything else i can think of. The only problem is I would like to make some fruit leather and I'm unable to find the sheets to fit the machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Johnathan Garrett
Johnathan GarrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another example of Aldi Cheap as Chips electrical items

I thought what could possible go wrong with set of stacking containers sitting on a heating element and a fan...

It was been a couple of years since I last tried using this item and considered that perhaps I had been a lille to premature in my judgment of it and how long it took to produce anything so to be fair I gave it another go, My memory must be failing me because after two complete 17 hour cycles trying bananas, Mangoes and Muscatel grapes I can only conclude that life is too short and electricity is too expensive to experiment any further, so into the dumpster this heap of rubbish goes.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Jasmine1485
Jasmine1485QLD, 4560

Much used and much loved

I have been using this dehydrator for the past two years. It's easy to use, easy to clean and still looks nearly brand new. I've used it for jerky, herbs, fruit, vegetables and just about anything else I could think of. The time and temperature are both adjustable, as is the number of shelves. Not a thing wrong with it!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Chris
Chrisasked

Are there replacement trays available? My trays are stating to disintegrate after I have used it about 7 times!

Crystal

Ours did the same after the second use
Maybe google the brand and give them a call

MONTY asked

01) Do food dehydrator has a safety option if the fan stop working when the machine is on ?
02) What will happen if the uppermost middle air vent is close in order air to travel more air through trays to have a good circulation ?

MONTY asked

I bought a food dehydrator (model no: FD-319) from ALDI and I am fully satisfy with the machine. I have 02 questions to verify please.
01) Do you have any safety measure suppose if the hot air blower FAN stops working while the machine ? what will happen to the element ?
02) I feel hot air just escaping from the middle opening without passing through the trays. Please let me know what will happen if the center opening of the upper tray covered with a metal lid so that more air to pass through the trays ?
Thanks,

See all ALDI Ambiano Food Dehydrator questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

CategoryFood Dehydrators