ALDI Ambiano Food Dehydrator

2.9

Martine A.

Martine A.South East Queensland, QLD

Kitchen Stable!

Very happy with this dehydrator. I’ve been using it heaps over the last 2 years to dry sugar cookies. My only negative Is that the trays stack, if you aren’t 130% careful you can stack them wrong causing damage to the cookies on the lower racks.
For $40 I couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for A$40.00.

Noise Level

Rubbish job

If I could give this product 0 I would. The manual says 8 hours for thinly sliced tomatoes. After close to 24 hours I gave up, put the machine in its box and took it back to ALDI for a refund. I tried apples and apricots with just as much success. The problem is it just doesn't get to temperature.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$90.00.

Noise Level
Used forHard Fruit and Soft Fruit
Sue

SueNew South Wales

I'd love to make this work

I've tried every way I can think of to dry lemons - sliced thick, thin, wedges, peeled, unpeeled, 70 degrees, 55 degrees, but they just end up sticky and look like they'll go mouldy very quickly i.e. not dry enough, even after 17 hours. Feel like they'll still need freezing, not really the point. Don't want to keep using all that electricity unless I know it's worthwhile. If anyone can help me get the rating up to 5* or even 3* I'd be extremely grateful.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Food Dehydrators

Find out how ALDI Ambiano Food Dehydrator compares to other Food Dehydrators

PennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

I have been using this dehydrator for two years now. I really like it. I make banana chips, strawberry chips, and anything else i can think of. The only problem is I would like to make some fruit leather and I'm unable to find the sheets to fit the machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Johnathan Garrett

Johnathan GarrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another example of Aldi Cheap as Chips electrical items

I thought what could possible go wrong with set of stacking containers sitting on a heating element and a fan...

It was been a couple of years since I last tried using this item and considered that perhaps I had been a lille to premature in my judgment of it and how long it took to produce anything so to be fair I gave it another go, My memory must be failing me because after two complete 17 hour cycles trying bananas, Mangoes and Muscatel grapes I can only conclude that life is too short and electricity is too expensive to experiment any further, so into the dumpster this heap of rubbish goes.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Jasmine1485

Jasmine1485QLD, 4560

Much used and much loved

I have been using this dehydrator for the past two years. It's easy to use, easy to clean and still looks nearly brand new. I've used it for jerky, herbs, fruit, vegetables and just about anything else I could think of. The time and temperature are both adjustable, as is the number of shelves. Not a thing wrong with it!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
tj

tjDandenong Ranges

downgrade from 4 to 1 stars

I gave this 4 stars in 2015. Two years later the trays have cracked and broken. I'm not hard on my appliances so it is a quality issue. I was careful about not putting in hot dishwasher etc. I suspect that regardless of this make the issue will be the same for brands with the same fabrication.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
really

reallyAdelaide, South Australia

Does the job well

This Food Dehydrator cost $40 from Aldi. I have use it four times. I have dried, prune plums, peaches, nectarines and figs and it has worked worked well. It is not noisy. I am so far, really pleased with this product. I am still experimenting with this product and the suggested times for dehydration.

Cakemomma

CakemommaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is the newer model kys336D

Wow this is the bees knees I'm loving the simplicity of use just slice what ever you want to dry and set the time and turn the trays a couple of time during the drying process and you have lovely dried fruit and veg does the best dried orange slices great for the festive season and it is a very affordable unit and has a 3 yr warranty

Food Dehydrators