Laundry Powder Concentrate, Laundry Liquid

• Causes Irritation Yes (22) · No (8)
  • Smell

So Tired of scratching

So Tired of scratchingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Skin Allergies Ever!!!!

Purchased in April 2021 for $4.00.

Aldi washing powder

Hello I’m shocked to read these reviews. I’ve been using Aldi washing powder and fabric conditioner for years and never once had a problem. My husband has sensitive skin and we have never had a problem. It smells nice and my bedding is always fresh when I take it from the cupboard.

Purchased in April 2021.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Caused me weeks of intense itching

As per other reviews of the Aldi washing powder (could be the Tropical Escape or other "flavours" - unsure), I too have suffered weeks of unexplained itching of skin all over areas in contact with my clothing, (particularly irritating under my bra and knickers), including on my neck and scalp which I believe would be contact from my pillow case. The penny finally dropped a few days ago when my husband suggested it could be the washing powder. I have now triple washed all undies and pillow cases in a different non-allergenic brand and the itching has largely stopped.

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI.

Laundry Detergents

Find out how Almat (ALDI) Laundry Concentrate compares to other Laundry Detergents

Severe Skin Reaction

Tried out the Almat washing powder in the yellow box and unfortunately my son had a severe skin reaction and required an antihistamine to settle the rash. We used to use this brand regularly a few years ago with no issues at all. We do not have any known allergies or skin issues in our home.

Purchased in February 2021 at ALDI.

LM Gold Coast

LM Gold CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst washing powder ever

Creates bad skin allergies all over your body, see many online reviews to back this up. Painful skin rashes all over your body. Tell everyone you know to steer clear of this horrid ALDI product

Purchased in February 2021.

Adam Jones

Adam Jones

Someone please help me

I have been going through a similar 2 month nightmare with another washing powder biozet attack. Severe itching and burning all over body. Been to the doctor, dermatologist and emergency department with no answers except to use prednisolone which did nothing. Literally nothing is removing the rash from my skin, can anyone please help me?

Would NOT RECOMMEND using on childrens clothes! With sensitive skin!!:(:(

Bought:- Aldi NEW Almat Coconut Crush Floral Liquid, around Xmas period to 'try' Sadly my Granddaughter had a MAJOR Allergic reaction with this product!! Horrible Itchy Rash!! Had to seek Medical Advice and subsequently shes been prescribed Antihistamine Syrup to try to get rid of her rash!! :( extremely worrying!! Especially with new reports regarding Covid-19 side affects now being disclosed in younger children!!:(..) Product is way too concentrated for ANYONE with sensitive skin etc!! I will definitely NOT be purchasing this product again!! Very worrying 24hrs after allergic reaction that occurred!!:( (Back to my normal brand of washing powder now here!!!)

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI for $2.99.

Jack G

Jack GSydney, NSW

Avoid! Causes Nasty Rashes!

A few months ago I started using the Almat Tropical Escape powder. At first I noticed small red dots on my torso. The dots then began to multiply and enlargen, then it took over my whole torso and hips (probably because these parts were in direct contact with my washed clothes). The powder caused contact dermatitis, it looked similar to a heat rash.

After reading about others having similar reactions I realised it was the washing powder causing the rash.

I have since discontinued using it and have re-washed all my clothes, towels and bed linen. It took about three weeks for the rash to disappear.

Avoid at all costs!

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI.

Ordinary ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not as good since the change

I am a regular user of Almat laundry detergent from Aldi and have noticed that since going to a new formula (a clear liquid instead of the thicker white one) the detergent hardly lathers up at all and seems not to clean as well. I am now looking for a replacement regular detergent.

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI.

Jade

JadeMid North Coast, NSW

Disappointed

Used it for years, lately I have noticed it's not removing general dirt from T-shirts and my shorts. Hand towels are not clean even after setting my machine to 30min pre soak. So disappointed that now I am walking over to Woollies for laundry liquid.

Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI.

Causes IrritationNo
Kiri F.

Kiri F.South East Queensland, QLD

Product changed, don't waste your money

We have used the Summer Infusion (yellow bottle) for years and loved it. The past 2 months I noticed the liquid is thin and clear instead of thick and white. It's gone from a quality mid priced liquid to worse than Aldi's budget liquid...but yet the price remains the same? I've had to use more than usual to try to get the same result but to no avail. After persisting with it thinking it might just be a bad batch...I'm now convinced I'm wasting my money. It's very disappointing! I will need to find an alternative from Woolies because Aldi now only offer the budget brand or the expensive brand. No thanks.

Purchased in November 2020 at ALDI for $4.99.

Woopies

WoopiesThe Mallee, VIC

Fantastic smell

I bought the black bottle, the smell of the clothes after washing is SO good.
I can't comment on the cleaning of the clothes, I'm commenting on just the smell.
Best smelling clothes ever...

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI.

DO NOT BUY. NIGHTMARE FOR FOUR MONTHS

I’ve been itching from this product the itch is horrible it keeps me and my boyfriend up at night sometimes I’ve to stand outside in the cold when it gets really bad. Initially I thought I had scabies as it was red little bumps forming everywhere but I realised this all started around the time I started using this product on my clothes, bedsheets etc. Not worth saving the money please do not buy I’m still trying to get rid of the itch because I’ve only just found these other reviews proving I’m right.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI.

Washes Well

I use this washing liquid and it cleans clothes beautifully, bedding and towels.
I use the soft sensation, but I find the change in fragrance overbearing.
It was great the way it was.
I have sensitive skin and am sensitive to strong fragrance.

Purchased in November 2020 at Kardinya for $4.99.

Julie Elverd

Julie ElverdCentral, SA

Disappointed. Which is unusual for this Aldi advocate!

Almat Laundry Liquid Spice Temptations has recently gone from blue to clear and barely has any fragrance, which is why I loved it in the first place. Haven't noticed reduced cleaning power or any itchy skin issues as others have at this stage. I wash on 30 deg C.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $4.99.

Itchy skin

I always used Aldi detergent and it was great, but in the last few months the bottle has changed and it drips down the sides after you pour it out. Also I have a rash and very itchy skin since they changed the bottle.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for $6.00.

Ardara

ArdaraSouthwest, VIC

Disappointed in this latest product

Just purchased my normal Almat Laundry liquid and noticed it was clear instead of the normal thick white. Did a wash of cleaning clothes and they came out as dirty as when they went in the machine .....did them again and still dirty. What have you done to this Laundry liquid. It’s seems watered down... not happy

Purchased in October 2020.

Liza B

Liza BSydney, NSW

Severe rash, so itchy & cannot stop scratching. Do not buy this powder.

My daughter’s rash started on her back & we thought it was a heat rash. My rash appeared all over my neck and arms & I initially thought it was something in the garden that had bitten me. After reading these reviews, we realised it was the powder. The itch is UNBEARABLE & I have never reacted to anything before. Please Aldi, read these reviews and alter your ingredients, not all these reviews can be wrong.

Purchased in September 2020.

DO NOT USE - RASHES ALL OVER BODY

Used this for a few weeks & my husbands skin was covered in a rash! Itchy, sore & red bumps all over his skin. Do not buy this!!! It is not worth saving money on cheap crap

Purchased in July 2020 at The Reject Shop for $2.00.

Sereen

SereenSydney, NSW

Itchy skin

Avoid this product. It gave me dermatitis and itchy skin for 4 months until I realised this was the reason. Once I stopped using it, my skin went back to normal in a couple of weeks

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI.