Ambiano (Aldi) Ice Cream Maker

Ambiano (Aldi) Ice Cream Maker

See the Best Ice Cream Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Does Not Make Icecream

The recipes dont work AND even a proper made Creme Anglaise fails to convert to icecream with this machine........I have now tried using it at least 10 times
This machine IS A DUD and Aldi should be fined for selling this product as it is misleading consumers big time

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $20.00.

Machine works well

I purchased this machine as a gift for my husband and we have enjoyed using it. While the included recipes do not make icecream, more like cold sticky milk, we have tried several more traditional recipes with great sucsess. If you buy find your own repicies and discard included recipes.

Milk shakes are thicker!

I fail to see how this product is an ice cream maker. After churning my ice cream mixture for 40 mins I was left with a runny milk consistency. Which doesn't in my opinion meet any standards for ice cream whatsoever.
Very disappointing product. You get what you pay for!
Was super excited to receive this as a gift, just hope the giver can return it for a refund

Don't waste your money

Terrible! Tried 4 batches - 2 using the recipe provided with the machine and 2 from the internet. None froze, despite following freezing instructions and extending churning time. Motor overheated and had to wait for it to cool down. Horrified as I bought it for a present for my 6 year old. Christmas ruined, will seek a refund!

Not great

Budget design and crude, cheap motor which is quite loud and gets hot. For $40 I didn't expect a Rolls Royce but usually Aldi appliances are better than expected for the price. I've made about 4 batches with mixed results. During one batch, (followed Ambiano recipe exactly for Mango Ice-cream), the motor got too hot and cut out completely and would not re-start until it cooled down. I'll probably take it back for a refund.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

So Disappointed. Do not Waste Your Hard Earned Money.

Machine does not make the ice cream creamy - the product ends up like icicles, once frozen. Followed instructions completely (placing product in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before churning), this is not ice-cream, the end product after churning time is runny like milk. I have watched ice-cream making machine videos and you can see the product turning into ice cream when being churned. The product stays like runny milk after churning time has finished. (I even tried to extend the churning time but the machine will not work over the initial 30m .... even if I switch it off and back on). I note that it is not clear if the product should remain in the churning tub once the churning time has finished (prior to freezing). I will try the next batch by freezing the churning tub beforehand and leaving the product "in the churning tub" to freeze in the freezer. If unsuccessful, I will seek a refund.