Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit

Pros

• Easy to install and sync to devices

• Long lasting battery

• Great video and audio quality

• Quick video download

Cons

• Live viewing sometimes lags

• Night Vision
  • Motion Detection
  • Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Ryza

RyzaPerth, WA

Great product amazing

Great security system! Works amazingly. Very clear. Their product support is top notch. The APP is easy to use and set up and gives me great surveillance for my place. I honestly can't recommend them enough.

Purchased in January 2021 for $400.00.

Simon K

Simon KPerth, WA

Missed Recordigns......

Great cameras and user interface. easy to setup and configure. However the big issue is the motion detection. By the time it picks up motion, starts the camera and starts recording, they have already left the area. ( if you google this you will see it has been issues for a few years) Making it useless. If there was a way to use the camera image for movement instead of the motion sensor then it would be great kit. but as it stands you will not get any usable recordings to show an issues.

Functionality
Night Vision
Motion Detection
Ease of Installation
Connectivity / Reliability
JAI

JAISydney, NSW

Beware, good cameras but very bad quality and customer service

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,250.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

unhappy customer

Loud screeching noise, bad customer support stay away

Brought this device twice now and once I connect the cameras it creates a loud
Deafening screeching noise from the cameras, I have no option but to call the us or uk as eufy has no contact in Australia, so really hard to contact them also, eventually got through to someone ask repeatedly for someone from there tech department to call me back via phone, sure enough no call the next day, but short email saying keep away 3 mtrs or more well I was 6 mtrs away and still happening, also cameras lag all the time, it didnt with uniden, and tech support is 24 7 support, really thinking of going back to uniden as they might have there small issues but eufy has a lot more at least through my experiences with two new purchases...

Purchased in February 2021 at goodguys for $320.00.

DanB

DanBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable Monitoring

Looks fantastic. Sets up easy. It seems to capture motion until and you think 'brilliant' until you test it thoroughly, then you realise it probably only captures movement 50% of the time, even when I am staring at the camera in close range. I bought this camera because idiots were painting and smearing things on my door and garage. My camera never caught them in the act even though it was positioned perfectly with no obstruction or reflections. It's not just my unit... My neighbour has the same model and it's motion detection is unreliable.

Purchased in February 2021 at Supercheap Auto for $379.00.

Condensation inside the camera

I bought the set and have one camera to the front and one two the back.
I got the cameras about half a year now. The battery life is about 2 months. I charged each side twice now so nowhere near the 6 months promised.
Additionally one of the cameras built condensation in the camera lense. I contacted Anker support and they told me that is expected and just dry it somewhere warm. An outdoor camera that you have to take inside to make it work?! This looks like low built quality to me.
I was ready to buy into the Eufy security world and extend the products I use but I am done with Eufy now.

Purchased in June 2020.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for the Eufy Verification code.

It may well be a good security camera system, I have no idea.

Bought the 2 camera Eufy Cam at Bunnings $600. Unpacked and charged the cameras then spent all weekend trying to register on the Eufy app.

Email and password required - no problem, Eufy then tells you it has sent a Verification back to your email address. I waited, nothing. 20 times nothing. I even checked my server. In fact they tell you they have your information no need to keep sending.

If you don't get the code to set the system up there is no system. I returned the box and got a refund.

I’m beginning to think these home security camera companies are pushing out so many models that the app and backroom data people are struggling to make the simplest of things work at all.

Purchased in December 2020 for $600.00.

Functionality
Ease of Installation
NoBSreviewer

NoBSreviewerNorth Queensland, QLD

Literally saved our house from break ins on multiple occasions.

Bought this product in February 2020. Easy to install and sync to our phones, tablets and watches. 10 days after installing went on a holiday. The first night away from the house at 2am received notification on our devices stating “someone spotted in backyard” “backyard alarms activated” immediately logged onto our cameras to find some little #### running away from the audible alarm. Able to download the video of the offender, called the police straight away gave a description and police arrived in less than 5 minutes I sent the footage to the police and they were able to identify the offender from the good quality screenshots and video. Saved our house and vehicle form getting damaged/stolen. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

mick

mickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

yes they very good

my partner and I just changed to a new internet and phone provider and now ring cameras don't work at all , but the Eufy one works perfectly with our new provider , plus supoport service is tottaly crap for Australian people it is none existent in Australia

Mick
Adelaide

Purchased in January 2017 for $398.00.

mark

markSydney, NSW

one of the best security cam

one of the best in the market for this range of the price ,good image quality battery life is very good ,I have it for more than a year and so far no problem

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

Debbie

DebbieVic

The Worst Customer Service Ever

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $700.00.

Note that the HomeBase needs an ethernet cable to the router, not wifi.

The product does work as specified. I misunderstood the fine print on the box, and thought the HomeBase unit was also ‘wireless’. Not so. The HomeBase unit requires a full time ethernet cable connection to the internet. I wrongly expected it would work over wifi. My bad.
Otherwise it works fine as advertised.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $799.00.

Paul G.

Paul G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Perfect Home Security Solution - Faultless

I have the 2c system. Setting this up was a breeze, the 2 mounting options are very easy to use and the quality is great. The clarity of the audio is crystal clear both ways, compatibility with a number of devices in the house with a great picture as well as a high level of reliability in the connectivity & the 365 day battery life are all amazing. Internal storage means no expensive cloud storage options (and no subsequent hidden fees) which means for my application at home, it is the perfect solution. Highly recommend!

Purchased in July 2020 for $649.00.

Crocodile

CrocodileAU

Pretty good system!

Purchased in December 2019 at Eufylife for $999.00.

StaceyF

StaceyFHunter Region, NSW

Unfortunately doesn't live up to the hype !

I have had my Eufy 2c four camera system for two weeks and have had nothing but issues. Very easy to set up and the picture quality is great, but that's about all that is good. It's very glitchy as the majority of the time it won't detect motions or send notifications. You have to continually change the settings to try and get the best out of it, which in itself is very frustrating. So disappointed as I researched long and hard to find a wireless system within my budget. There are plenty of similar complaints lately on the Eufy App community forum. Anyway these will be returned unfortunately.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $665.00.

Warning: Eufy controls access to your Eufycam homebase

Warning: Eufycam controls access to the homebase you purchased to storage your video locally. They have you believe you control the video data at your home, but they require you to login to their access control over the Internet to access the data on your own storage device that you purchased. So if the Internet is down you cannot access your own videos. You can’t even remove the storage card and uses a card reader because they have a date encrypted so you can access it. You are at the complete mercy of Eugy to access your videos. If they don’t download or the crappy software stalls in the middle of downloading you can a longer download those videos

Purchased in June 2020.

bythecoast92

bythecoast92Perth, WA

Absolutely useless, look elsewhere

Bought these expensive cameras a few weeks ago. I was willing to overlook the fact they have a totally pathetic range in which they can be placed from the homebase (maximum about 6 meters) because of the wide lens and long battery life. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the wide lens and long battery life is all that works. The system is not reliable at all, it might send you a motion notification on some days but not others. I now cannot view any video recordings at all, either on my phone or on a PC, unless I open it from the push notification (which is totally bizarre). Vision at night has a range of about 1 meter. The customer service is appalling and don't actually respond. Totally disappointing. Will be returning.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Louie

LouieVictoria

GREAT PRODUCT

Great product, quality footage day and night, with long lasting batteries. We love being able to check on our home whilst away via our mobile phones. Highly recommend if you have a good internet connection.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,100.00.

andrew k.

andrew k.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Excellent security system

Purchased in December 2019.Have 4 cameras set up on a rural property with the one furtherest away being 20 metres from the base....all connect seamlessly through WiFi. Excellent battery life considering a couple of the cameras record movement up to 25 times per day and are still full 2.5 months later. Excellent picture recording quality with both day and night vision. If installed as per instructions these cameras are bullet proof. Would recommend these cameras to every one .Great product

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,030.00.

salfield

salfieldHunter Region, NSW

Only good if you are on wifi.

This review is also reflective of JB HIFI who basically blamed Optus and really didn’t make me feel like I could return the faulty product. I purchased this camera as it has a lot of good reviews and is considered better than the Arlo products on top of a claimed 12 month battery life and no on going subscription required for storage.
Now the problem I have is that I can not view either live or alert notified video feeds whilst away from my home wifi network. So this makes this thing as good as useless.
To rule out JB HIFI’s Optus network blaming I bought a Telstra SIM card and tried it. Same result.
So now I have to work out who I can escalate this to at JB HIFI so I can get another product or my money back.

Purchased in February 2020 for $399.00.

annoyed

annoyedasked

what distance will the system work

unhappy customer

It's pretty bad eh , eufy maybe a bit better as well as no phone support in Australia or live chat as chat is based in us or uk, if you do get emails if lucky.. they are 24hrs apart, not really helpful in most situations,they should advertise this on book in Australia for Australiian market as it comes across as dishonest eg: false advertising hope this helps

Hummergirl

Hummergirlasked

We added 2 more cameras to our initial setup of 4 cameras.(Eufy 2Pro - 2K) I am the primary user. We use iPhones to receive alerts. All 6 cameras appear on my phone. How do I add the 2 additional cameras to his phone?

Mel Peatey

Mel Peateyasked

Is your phone the only way to see and hear the security alerts? What happens if you turn off your phone at night what the alerts would be most appropriate?

Paul

Yes I believe so. I never had the chance to see. I couldn't get the app to start up. I returned the system.

See all Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit questions

Features:

• The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit boasts easy installation with no need for wires, power cables, wall outlets, or the need to drill holes, so you can start using it straight out the box.
  • The surveillance system has free local storage, meaning you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to access your video data.
  • 365 day battery life means you won’t spend your days recharging the kit.
  • 1080p high definition video makes it easy to see exactly who is in and around your home.
  • It’s waterproof (with an IP67 weatherproof rating), making it versatile for both indoor and outdoor use - effective rain, hail or shine.
  • Facial recognition, the ability to register your friends and family as trusted faces, and a 3-step scanning and filtering process reduces the occurrence of false alarms, so you’re not burdened with any unnecessary worry.
  • The camera has a 140 degree panoramic wide-angle lens, making it the all-seeing eye needed for ultimate home security.
  • The Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit has clear night vision, protecting you when you’re at your most vulnerable.
  • It has bank-grade encryption - your data is securely encrypted so only you can access your video footage.
  • The security kit has smart integration, providing support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on wherever you are in your house.
  • The surveillance system costs $799 for a 2-camera set.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Anker Eufy Wire-Free Security Kit was easy to install and sync to their personal devices.
  • They found that it was quick and easy to download video footage from their cameras.
  • Reviewers said that the security kit had a great battery life.
  • The connectivity of the surveillance system was reliable, according to reviews.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers said that there was a bit of a lag when viewing live video.
  • GTIN12: 848061005769, 848061021714, 848061021721 and 848061054156