3Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation)

Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation) (2018)

3Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
4.4

Apple Pencil-compatible
Face ID
Screen not durable
No expandable storage option
Brand Manager for Apple? Claim your listing.

happytrimmer
happytrimmer8 posts

Not an apple fan

An old ipad is playing up and I considered replacing it with a current model but just before I did I thought perhaps try a hard reset to see if that helps before dumping it. I thought Google were paranoid they are amateurs compared to apple. I have never used the unwanted icloud email and accordingly they want proof of purchase before activating the machine. Are they serious 10 year old receipt. Has helped me not to waste money on an expensive new pad after this experience.
Me G.
Me G.South West, WA30 posts

Mind of its own

I wish I had of bought a laptop
I dislike this iPad as it’s been glitchy from the start.
Apple support is anything but.
I can’t recommend this product to anyone based on my experience
The screen ghosting is constant
The crashes often
Very disappointed Show details
Thestorydude
ThestorydudeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC36 posts
  iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GB

Durable and reliable

Primary use for this device is some mobile games (not the graphics intensive kind) and watching videos with a little bit of productivity from time to time. The operating system that Apple specifically designed for all of its tablets have a ton of functionality and add to the user experience. The power is in the software instead of the hardware. Something to remember when you are dealing with companies like Apple where the hardware doesn't have much to offer from the get go or from the first sight.

Works extremely well with the Apple pencil and other third party styluses designed for iPads of this size. Show details

Reviewca
ReviewcaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 256GB

Good but not Perfect

Being a professional Photographer,and following the publicised release of Adobe Photoshop for I bought the ipad pro,only to find Photoshop is not fully functional or developed.Useless for a Professional,and doesn't deserve Pro label.
 Show details
Veronika
VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT156 posts
  iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GB
Roman Damello
Roman DamelloDarwin, NT
  iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 256GB

iPad Pro is very high quality, works great. I did not regret a bit that I got it!

A wonderful huge screen, very high-quality color reproduction, large viewing angles, a picture of the level of a glossy magazine or photo, excellent performance - everything flies, there is no touchid button - without it, it is more convenient to use the tablet with gestures, after binding to the appleid, all the advantages of the Apple ecosystem are immediately available (messages, photos, calls, etc.), it is very convenient to use Face-ID (you can set it up for 2 persons and not enter any passwords), the tablet is very light, holds a charge for a long time.
Nic
Nicbrisbane58 posts
  iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 512GB
Woody
WoodyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts
  iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 64GB

Product is great would highly recommend everything about it is so much better than the competition nothing compares to

The camera is great even though I hardly use it the ease and funtionality are great the battery is amazing and the fast charging makes it even better, face recognition is great with the product way bettet than Samsung's or any other company's Show details
Aimee C.
Aimee C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Very useful

I use the iPad pro for my law studies and it really is just the best. I love handwriting my notes so I can say the compatibility and functionality of the iPad pro the the iPencil 2nd gen is great! It makes me want to write more. I also use procreate for my business such as creating logos and designs for my website. The ipad itself is fast even when I have many tabs open. Show details
Ranger
RangerSydney, NSW4 posts
  Verified iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GB

I use this everyday! Loving it!

I use my iPad Pro everyday - for work, study, and entertainment. It is just perfect! The size of the screen is just awesome. In term of user experience, I think that it is smoother than the old pad that I previously own. I couldn't be happier using this iPad Pro. Show details
Kenny
KennySydney, NSW5 posts
  iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GB

Loving this iPad Pro!

I use my iPad for entertainment. As far as I could tell, everything is running smoothly. I have not experienced any laggings. The screen is just perfect for me to watch Youtube. The battery is just enough for me to use for a day. The performance of the iPad is awesome. There is nothing bad that I can tell with my iPad.
Laura
LauraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  Verified iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 64GB

As a digital artist - one of the best purchases I've made

Purchased March 2019 with the sole purpose of using the art app Procreate, after multiple hours of research at the time. Used with the lastest apple pen - it has simply been one of the best artistic purchases I've made. Although limited compared to a traditional drawing tablet when it comes to using 3D software or the Adobe suite (though I believe there are ways to make it function as a PC/MAC tablet), its portability and pen fidelity are great, and personally prefer it over a wacom tablet. No messing around with drivers. Quick and slick (when using procreate atleast). When combined with matted/textured screen protectors - I can't recommend it enough. Show details
Fully Dissappointed
Fully Dissappointed
  iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 64GB

Waste of time and Money

I got a new iPad Pro to use while traveling for work. It does not connect to external hardrives, DVD players and does not even have a spot to connect my headphones. I will not be buying anything so useless again. Show details
bkm
bkmMelbourne19 posts
  iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 64GB

This is the best iPad ever!

I use this iPad for design and documenting. It is faster and more efficient than the traditional iPads. All the apps work smoothly on this tablet. Graphic quality is very good. Show details
Riyana F.
Riyana F.Central Queensland, QLD

Gilly44
Gilly44 · iPad Pro (3rd Generation) (2018)

Is the 11 inch one big enough for editing photos

Greg N.
Greg N.

Sure, it would do the job, but the larger 12.9 iPad Pro is the preferred one to use. But the 11 in would be more than capable.

Thankyou very much

Vien T.
Vien T. · iPad Pro (3rd Generation) (2018)

Is it worth spending extra for cellular and 265gb? Or would 64gb wifi only be sufficient for a student or someone who already has a laptop

Lee
Lee

Best advice is to get only 64gb WiFi. You don’t need cellular especially if you have a phone and cheaper to rent iCloud if you ever reach capacity.

The third generation of iPad Pro is a line of tablets by Apple. It features two models with a 12.9 inch or 11-inch screen which were announced in October of 2018.

This generation of iPad Pro was the first iPad compatible with the second-generation Apple Pencil stylus. Like the second generation, a larger size and stylus compatibility was a point of difference from the rest of Apple's available iPads, but the third-generation iPad Pro was also the first iPad to use facial recognition (Face ID) to unlock the device.

Upgrades from the second-generation iPad Pro include the more powerful A12X Bionic processor, storage capacity of up to 1 terabyte and the larger display of the 11-inch model (upgraded from a 10.5-inch model). The third-generation iPad Pro also premiered a new design, with a screen that covers the entire front face and has rounded corners.

What reviewers thought

A large screen with high-quality colour reproduction, dynamic viewing angles and excellent performance, reviewers rate the Apple iPad Pro 3rd gen as having great video quality and ease of use. Users also liked the screen’s responsiveness, the long-lasting battery life and the Face ID feature.

The points of frustration include the camera quality and the RAM which doesn’t allow you to run intensive apps as smoothly. It is not very durable as the screen is prone to scratches and cracks. There is also no option for expandable storage as there is no USB ports or headphone jack.

Compare all Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation) (2018) listings
CategoryTabletsTabletsTabletsTablets
Price (RRP) $1,229$1,449$1,969$1,529
FeaturesStereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)
Network ConnectivityWi-Fi Only4G + Wi-Fi4G + Wi-FiWi-Fi Only
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density264 ppi264 ppi264 ppi264 ppi
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCD
Screen Size 11"11"12.9"12.9"
Screen Resolution1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels
Battery Size7,812 mAh7,812 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB64 GB256 GB64 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB4 GB4 GB4 GB
Build
Weight468 g468 g633 g631 g
Colour / FinishSilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space Grey
Dimensions 247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm
Body MaterialAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminium
Release date
Replaced byApple iPad Pro (4th Gen)Apple iPad Pro (4th Gen)Apple iPad Pro (4th Gen)Apple iPad Pro (4th Gen)
Awards 2020202020202020

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Apple? Claim your listing.