Apple iPad Pro (3rd Generation)

See the Best Tablets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Awesome Tablet

I bought this for my kids. Great size and battery life. Really smooth and is great for any games or microsoft office etc. Quick startup and has face recognition. I really wish I had bought it for myself.

Purchased in January 2019.

I miss my 2nd Gen one

So, my old iPad kept shutting down and restarting so I thought I would upgrade to a new one and see how I go. First off, I will say this one to me feels hard to hold on to. I hate how it won't sit on my lap and not move around. Having said that, A good cover will fix this and I have one coming.

I hate that it no longer has the fingerprint scanner as faceID only works some times for me. For example, If I don't have my glasses on, it won't work, if I lay down, it won't work. If I have a hat on, it won't work etc. The fingerprint never failed me. I miss my old one.

To make it worse, the new keyboard layout is a stupid idiot and I hate it. Iw as able to touch type a whole letter on my 2nd gen iPad and had no mistakes. This layout is all wrong and I can't get used to it and from what I have been able to find out is there is no way to revert it back to the way it should be.

Just to add to my frustration, turns out there was actually nothing wrong with my old iPad as this one also did the shut down reset thing my old one started to do. Turns out it was an app! So I got rid of my old iPad pro 12.9 for this new one which was meant to be an upgrade but in all honesty, was the opposite! I wonder if I can get my old iPad back!

Also, when typing on the screen, its like you can feel your finger going through the device and hitting the back of the casing. Doesn't feel very solid at all.

Purchased in August 2019 at telstra for $1,800.00.

Speed

Robust, trustworthy and so convenient

For musicians, the iPad Pro 64GB is ideal as an alternative to carrying around wads of sheet music. For anyone wondering if the device is reliable enougj, it most certainly is which is so important for professional performers who need 100% reliability on the run. I'm a mature aged, slightly OCD pianist, and I was reluctant to let go of my trusty sheet music after all these years but I have full confidence in the iPad Pro. Bluetooth connectivity with the keyboard and foot pedal is instantaneous and reliable, printing is dead easy (you don't even have to pair your printer, it just works straight off the bat), and yes, you can see a full piece of sheet music as though you're reading straight from the sheet itself. The backlighting is superb and the darkroom capability is far superior than any third party scanning app. Any reservations a musician might have can now safely be put at ease at last.

Purchased in August 2019 at Carindale.

Best ever tablet

The 2018 iPad Pro changed everything with full screen, Face ID and USB C port. It has a premium look and feel, and a top of the range A12X bionic chip with more than enough power to handle every task smoothly and effortlessly. My old laptop is gathering dust in the corner, this device satisfies all my needs. The IOS 13 software update (still in beta mode at this point in time) adds a plethora of improvements and refinements, lifting an already great device to a whole other level.

Purchased in March 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $1,044.00.

Speed

Versatile, easy to use, compact and easy to travel with

With the latest ios update it is such a neat little tablet that can organise files, you can download heaps of apps that allow you to write, draw, edit photos, watch movies, good for emails, google functions. We already have a macbook and was looking for something a little more compact with different functionality so it was a perfect buy.

Purchased in November 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores.

A Great IPAD

Bought this IPaD for my wife for her birthday and next day ended up in Hospital. Borrowed it to use as my laptop is too big and heavy. What a machine, once you get used to the Apple way of life.
The face recognition feature works perfectly every time. As soon as you pick it up, the screen comes on. It has a fantastic 12 megapixel main camera with amazing clarity and the selfie camera is also great and there is a toggle icon to switch between the two.
Installing Apps from the Store is simple and all the ones I wanted were available and work flawlessly.
It picked up mobile modem and my headphones straight off and I have not had one dropout yet.
All in all, I am quite happy with my purchase and hope my wife will be when she gets her hands on it.
Pros -
Face recognition feature works perfectly
- Exceptionally clear screen even in daylight
- Large capacity memory
- Apps perform seamlessly
- Exceptional camera and photo editing features
- No dropouts on Bluetooth and WiFi
- Battery life is outstanding. I can get almost a day’s use out of it
Cons -
- Apple way of doing things takes a bit of getting used to if you are a first time user.
- Seemed expensive at the time compared to a laptop, but having used it, cost is reasonable

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

iPad Pro + iPadOS

I have been sitting on the fence with the iPad Pro, it's a nice looking device, it's internals are excellent, but is it worth double the price of the standard iPad? Having installed the beta version of iPadOS on my standard iPad 6Th gen I quickly realised that the new OS could indeed be the next big step in replacing my Laptop with an iPad, enter the iPad Pro. With the addition of the keyboard folio and the Apple Pen, it's become, my daily driver. Everything is smooth, there is almost nothing I can't achieve via the Pro that would require the laptop being pulled out. I believe the 11" version over the 12.9" offers real portability + computing power where required.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,049.00.

IPAD HEAVAN

I have to say this is probably the best IPAD ive ever owned.
The size of the screen is the best but it seems much faster than the previous model.
Apps seem to load much quicker and the connectivity to networks is very smooth and seems
to just connect effortlesy. thank you opts great deal.

Purchased in May 2019 at optus for $1,499.00.

Fantastic Ipad

We bought this ipad for our daughters as an upgrade as they have the BOYD implemented at school.

The ipad is fantastic. Battery life is great. I only charge it once a week and it lasts the whole week being used daily at school. It is nice and thin and not too heavy.

The screen is a great size and the image/picture quality is amazing. So crisp and realistic.
The operating system is fast and opens/loads things extremely quick.

It has faceID and no buttons. Closing of apps etc is done by swiping the screen from the corner. Switching on & off can be a bit fiddly until you get used to it as you need to hold down the off button on top and the volume button as the same time. That is the only thing I don't like about it.

Storage is more than enough at 256gb they are 3/4 through the year and still have memory remaining.

Purchased in December 2018 at Apple Online store for $1,369.00.

Speed

Excellent performance running beta Ipad OS (13)

Replace my older Ipad Pro with this. Absolutely amazing, love the performance. I have installed the Beta Ipad OS (13) and it runs flawlessly. I would recommend the Hyperdrive hub which has 6 inputs including HDMi, very handy to transfer files etc, including music.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Online store.

Speed

Love the iPad, Can’t go out with it.

This iPad Pro is a replacement of my iPad Air. I find iPad Pro runs smoothly and faster than previous one. The 11 inch screen is just right and still fits my bag, perfect for everyday use. Great decision for me to buy iPad Pro than my MacBook. The only thing is Apple removed the slot for earphones but didn’t include an adaptor so I can charge and listen to music at the same time

Purchased at Apple Online store for $1,800.00.

Security

Not quite a laptop but more than a tablet

I carry my iPad Pro with me nearly every day. As a photographer it allows me to edit photos on the road + with the keyboard case (optional extra) you can type like a laptop so responding to emails or writing that report is super easy.

The Gen-2 pencil is expensive but if you can justify getting one it’s totally worth it. Especially if you scribble notes or use brush strokes (drawing / photo editing).

As with everything Apple the cost of the iPad Pro is not the cheapest but then you get what you pay for. This could easily replace a laptop for the average home user.

I opted for the 11 inch with 64gb & 4G. If you use mostly cloud services and stream your videos, then you won’t need the larger ($$$) storage sizes. My advice, save that money and buy the case & pencil instead.

Purchased in January 2019 at Apple Store Australia for $1,449.00.

Speed

Great gadget in the market

Husband bought me IPad Air generation 3 cellular and wifi. I used it for work as I need the camera for documenting as well as quick typing for online portal reporting. The processor is super quick. The photo quality is very clear and video is great too !!! The apps and browser are great and working smooth.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store.

Speed

If you want the best tablet on the market

This product is amazing and set a new standard for the market. light, thin and the screen is gorgeous. No lag, face id is amazingly well integrated. With iOS13 this device can almost replace a computer for many tasks. If you can buy, don't hesitate

Purchased in July 2019 at Apple Store Australia for $1,229.00.

Can’t live without it!

I’m someone who normally lives on my phone and have barely touched it since purchasing this iPad a month ago. I also haven’t opened my laptop once in this time.

I love that I can draw on it with the help of Procreate and the Apple Pencil, which has encouraged me to use some creativity for the first time in forever.

The only things I could really complain about are the fact that this wasn’t a cheap iPad so to have to spend another $200 on top for the pencil felt like a rip off. There are a couple of things that I still require a laptop or desktop for occasionally but it sounds like the new ipadOS update will fix a lot of that.

I’m generally an Android user but I’m definitely happy with my decision to purchase this iPad.

Purchased in May 2019.

Great for productivity

For reference, I own a deskstop, laptop and now ipad. This year I have not touched my laptop. This is due to the ergonomic and convenience the ipad offers. Great for education purposes as a university student with notability.

Purchased in February 2019 at Apple Online store for $1,149.00.

Love it!

I used my iPad for surfing the web, internet banking, ect love the simplicity and clarity of the screen. I think it is easier to say what I don’t use it for than the many ways I can use this iPad.

Purchased in April 2019.

Love it

I use it heaps to manage all the wireless products in the house. I love the sketching apps that you can use so no longer need to waste papers and buy pencils and ink etc

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,422.00.

Excellent Product - Quick, bright Colours and brillant Screen. Great for Gaming

Love the tablet as excellent for gaming and great that you can use it for movies. Good batttery and recommend for anyone that needs an entertainment device as light and easy to carry around.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,499.00.

Best iPad version ever

This is the best ipad ever produced by Apple. It is light weighted and powerful. With the pencil and keyboard, it can be best device for the geeks and the business people to carry. Goodbye old tabs and laptops.

Purchased in March 2019 at Apple Store Australia for $1,868.00.

Speed

Is it worth spending extra for cellular and 265gb? Or would 64gb wifi only be sufficient for a student or someone who already has a laptop
Best advice is to get only 64gb WiFi. You don’t need cellular especially if you have a phone and cheaper to rent iCloud if you ever reach capacity.

Apple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 1TBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 512GBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 1TBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 64GBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 256GBApple iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, 512GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 1TBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 64GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular, 512GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 1TBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 64GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 256GBApple iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, 512GB
CategoryTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTabletsTablets
Price (RRP) $2,569$1,449$1,669$1,969$2,349$1,229$1,449$1,749$2,869$1,749$1,969$2,269$2,649$1,529$1,749$2,049
FeaturesStereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stylus (Optional Extra)Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)Stereo Speakers and Stylus (Optional Extra)
Connectivity4G4G4G4GWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi Only4G4G4G4GWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi OnlyWi-Fi Only
Charging Port USB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-CUSB-C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi265 ppi
Screen Size 11"11"11"11"11"11"11"11"12.9"12.9"12.9"12.9"12.9"12.9"12.9"12.9"
Screen Resolution1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels1668 x 2388 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2732 pixels2048 x 2792 pixels2048 x 2792 pixels2048 x 2792 pixels2048 x 2792 pixels
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCDIPS LCD
Hardware
Battery Size7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh7,812 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh9,720 mAh
Memory (RAM)6 GB4 GB4 GB4 GB6 GB4 GB4 GB4 GB6 GB4 GB4 GB4 GB6 GB4 GB4 GB4 GB
Internal Storage1,024 GB64 GB256 GB512 GB1,024 GB64 GB256 GB512 GB1,024 GB64 GB256 GB512 GB1,024 GB64 GB256 GB512 GB
Build
Colour / Finish Silver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySpace GraySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver, Space GreySilver or Space GreySpace GraySpace GraySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space GreySilver or Space Grey
Body MaterialAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminiumAluminium
Dimensions 247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm
Weight468 g468 g468 g468 g468 g468 g468 g468 g631 g633 g633 g633 g631 g631 g631 g631 g
Release dateNov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018Nov 2018