See the Best Networked Media Players in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

eminiko

eminiko

fantastic, very happy with it!

great response time, fantastic 4k display, very happy with it but highly recommend to use a good quality cdmi cable r you will not experience the 4k resolution in full.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $109.00.

Melissa S.

Melissa S.Perth, WA

Love it

Replaces a lot of products in my house, i use it for everything. Its not a regretful purchase and i would look into buying an upgraded one when i need to

Chris N.

Chris N.

Perfect for Apple-based family!

We originally purchased one for the lounge room and loved the product so much we purchased another one for the bedroom. It is great as my entire family have iPhones, so we all use our phones as the TV remotes as it automatically turns our TVs on and off. We watch all live TV (i.e. ABC Kids, 7, 9 and 10) through the apps but mainly use Netflix and Stan. When we want to share something from our iPhones, iPads or MacBooks we just AirPlay to the TVs.

Purchased in November 2018.

Dan S

Dan SMurray Region, NSW

Get rid of your old 3rd Generation Apple TVs now!

I have just sold two of our old 3rd gen Apple TVs and upgraded to the Generation 4 models, and couldn't be happier. The vast selection of Apps is impressive. I am especially happy to see Plex there too so I can watch my own movie collection rather than what is added to iTunes.
I don't have difficulty with the new remote, but the simplicity of the previous design with the brushed aluminium is missed.
Buying this version now from Apple will also give you 12 months free of Apple TV+ when it launches in November, so get rid of your obsolescent Gen 3 Apple TVs while the second hand demand is still there! I bought an Apple refurbished one and saved $40

Purchased in September 2019 at Apple Online store for $179.00.

stan2017

stan2017Sydney

Could be a lot better

Pros:
Small, powerful, reliable streaming, it does 4K images.
Voice control makes life a lot easier for example "resume xyz" will start where it left off for series xyz, no need to remember season, episode number, or exactly where you stopped last time when watching a particular episode.
Cons:
Expensive
It's setup to steer you away from free to air to paid alternatives. For example, sometimes when I ask siri to play an ABC or SBS program, it will present me with paid versions of the same thing, or even totally irrelevant paid programs.
It does not allow sound decoding passthrough, so the decoding is whatever Apple TV decides, not necessarily the originally intended optimum sound.

Purchased in May 2019 at Apple Physical store for $249.00.

Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Great for netflix

One day the Apple TV HD might be the revolution the Cupertino company promised it would be. But, for right now, it's a middling streaming video player that has a premium remote and a price tag to match.

Purchased in April 2018 at Officeworks for $150.00.

HollyB

HollyBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic! Well worth the money!

The apple TV is unique. It is simple and easy to use. Great for a family at home or helpful for a teacher in the classroom.

The simple design is unlike any other. It is easy because the buttons are quite big and this makes it easy for any age.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $80.00.

Pri

PriSydney, NSW

One of the best media streamers

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $267.00.

Shazza5

Shazza5Mid North Coast

Almost perfect

I love what this little set top box is capable of. I love that it streams efficiently and without lag. I love that I can watch so much more on my TV now. What I do NOT love is this weird little glitch it appears to have bought with it once connected to my TV. Every 20 or so minutes it begins a process of shutting down the TV. IF this wasn’t enough, once you get the TV back on and working it is suddenly MUTE. This is such a ridiculous rigmourole to be sorting out repeatedly almost every time the Apple TV is being used. If it didn’t have this issue I would give it the highest rating, as it is otherwise awesome!

Purchased in June 2019 at Telstra for $129.00.

Thomas B

Thomas BSydney, NSW

Update life with Updated Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K has been updated substantially. After numerous upgrades, the Apple TV 4K remains our top video streamer pick for the house. Apple fans let’s be honest, these are not alway the cheapest products on the market and those who don't mind paying a little extra for its advantages, delivery you a premium experience like Dolby Vision HDR.

Update after update have made this product stronger, Apple TV 4K just keeps getting better. Pay the extra for the Apple TV 4K. If you own a 4K or HDR TV you'll get an immediate benefit, and even if you don't, chances are good that your next TV will be 4K and HDR compatible.

Get out your iPhone, strap on the watch and tune in with Apple TV 4K. It’s brilliant.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $209.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Excellent 4K streaming and mirroring your device to your TV

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Jazz

JazzSydney, NSW

Love it

Love this device! Initially bought to use to stream Netflix. You literally just hold the device next to the Apple TV and it reads the account info from your device and sets everything up

5 STAR!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $227.00.

anonymous32Sydney, NSW

most premium viewing experience

this is my third apple tv...started using 3rd gen, then 4th gen non 4k and this is 4K....though i dont have 4k tv still the super fast A10 chip gives you an amazing exp...TV OS app store is an amazing experience...Fwd Rewind, search functionality Siri....very good.

Purchased in September 2018 at Apple Online store for $209.00.

Samuel P.

Samuel P.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product, but remote too small!

Transformed our TV into entertainment central. We barely watch free to air TV now. Heaps of apps, easy to use, easy installation and so on make this a great purchase.

Purchased in March 2016 for $395.00.

Robert M.

Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for 4K streaming

I purchased this a while back to get the 4K footage for my 4k tv and has been a great addition. I really only use this now instead of chrome cast or tv in fact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Cex Physical store for $250.00.

Emma

Emma

Love it

I have had my apple tv for quite a few years now and I can't live without it! Use it to watch netflix on my tv and also to purchase movies when I feel like.

Purchased in April 2015.

jimmbo

jimmboGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is a good product

Very good product, mirror my iPhone to tv, can watch movie, photos, YouTube, gaming, I am very satisfied with the Apple TV, but it is not 4K, the 5 th gen is 4k

Purchased in March 2016.

ValeriePerth, WA

Apple TV is dreadful

There is a long standing issue whereby the iTunes TV shows and movies do not play. In fact, after complaining a number of times I’ve been given 4 different explanations, including one Apple genius who said “just go buy a new one”. Problem is they also have the issue. From online reading it’s an iTunes back end problem that is unresolved at this point. Wait 2 hours to watch a 40 min show.

Purchased in June 2012.

Kristie

KristieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great for families.

Got this and love it. Easy to use the kids know how to operate it. We listen to vevo and I love I don’t have DVD laying around now. All on my iTunes account.

Purchased in December 2016.

danwhite789

danwhite789Sydney, NSW

Keep getting better and better

The Apple TV keeps getting better and better. I remember thinking it was a silly idea, but now I do everything related to TV or streaming using it. It’s easy to use, has a huge variety of all of your favourite streaming services in one place and links back to your iTunes so you can keep watching your TV and movies on your laptop whenever you’re away. Love it!

Purchased in July 2018 for $300.00.