See the Best Networked Media Players in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

One of the best media streamers

Being a huge Apple fan here, using they are all of 4 generations of Apple TVs before this. I must say this version of Apple media streamer is a game-changer. If you have 4K or thinking of getting a 4K wants to watch Netflix or Apple movies in 4K, clarity of the picture will be epic. Even the screen savers "fly by ariel footage in 4K is fantastic. A couple of few gripes just like any product. I wish they left the optical sound out (AKA TOSLINK). May be their marketing research showed people are using HDMI instead. Second is their remote. Much easier to download their remote app to the phone or iPad when you are setting it up first. Especially when you try to connect to your WIFI SSID. I wish Apple can come with a remote or an App I can control my TV & the sound system. On a good note thank god the DVD, Blueray player are all gathering dust now. If you can get 4K content streaming, and you love Apple ecosystem of their products, this is for you. Consider HD space too. I would recommend 64GB if you are a selfie junkie who likes to keep all your photos on iCloud or wants to down space heavy apps. Be mindful only to keep family-friendly photos as every who clicks on photos icon can see your photos in full HD in the living room. Be careful with the remote. There's a glass surface for touch. You slip this remote on the tile surface, that would be an expensive mistake.

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $267.00.

Almost perfect

I love what this little set top box is capable of. I love that it streams efficiently and without lag. I love that I can watch so much more on my TV now. What I do NOT love is this weird little glitch it appears to have bought with it once connected to my TV. Every 20 or so minutes it begins a process of shutting down the TV. IF this wasn’t enough, once you get the TV back on and working it is suddenly MUTE. This is such a ridiculous rigmourole to be sorting out repeatedly almost every time the Apple TV is being used. If it didn’t have this issue I would give it the highest rating, as it is otherwise awesome!

Purchased in June 2019 at Telstra for $129.00.

Update life with Updated Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K has been updated substantially. After numerous upgrades, the Apple TV 4K remains our top video streamer pick for the house. Apple fans let’s be honest, these are not alway the cheapest products on the market and those who don't mind paying a little extra for its advantages, delivery you a premium experience like Dolby Vision HDR.

Update after update have made this product stronger, Apple TV 4K just keeps getting better. Pay the extra for the Apple TV 4K. If you own a 4K or HDR TV you'll get an immediate benefit, and even if you don't, chances are good that your next TV will be 4K and HDR compatible.

Get out your iPhone, strap on the watch and tune in with Apple TV 4K. It’s brilliant.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $209.00.

Excellent 4K streaming and mirroring your device to your TV

I purchased the latest 64gb 4K Apple TV about two weeks ago and I love it..!! Great 4K streaming from Netflix, Stan etc and easy to set up, use and add apps. Some content on Netflix seems to skip a little (I have a sold WiFi Connection so it not that) which can be annoying but everything else works as it should. The new remote is now touch as well as click which I found a little so sensitive but you can go into the settings and change the sensitivity to suit your own touch. Plus the new remote is now rechargeable (same plug as the current iPhone) which means you will never need batteries again..well done for that Apple..!! (You can also use the virtual remote on your iPhone which also works well) For $250 AUD its a no brainer - brilliant little box

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.00.

Love it

Love this device! Initially bought to use to stream Netflix. You literally just hold the device next to the Apple TV and it reads the account info from your device and sets everything up

5 STAR!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $227.00.

most premium viewing experience

this is my third apple tv...started using 3rd gen, then 4th gen non 4k and this is 4K....though i dont have 4k tv still the super fast A10 chip gives you an amazing exp...TV OS app store is an amazing experience...Fwd Rewind, search functionality Siri....very good.

Purchased in September 2018 at Apple Online store for $209.00.

Excellent product, but remote too small!

Transformed our TV into entertainment central. We barely watch free to air TV now. Heaps of apps, easy to use, easy installation and so on make this a great purchase.

Purchased in March 2016 for $395.00.

Perfect for 4K streaming

I purchased this a while back to get the 4K footage for my 4k tv and has been a great addition. I really only use this now instead of chrome cast or tv in fact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Cex Physical store for $250.00.

Love it

I have had my apple tv for quite a few years now and I can't live without it! Use it to watch netflix on my tv and also to purchase movies when I feel like.

Purchased in April 2015.

This is a good product

Very good product, mirror my iPhone to tv, can watch movie, photos, YouTube, gaming, I am very satisfied with the Apple TV, but it is not 4K, the 5 th gen is 4k

Purchased in March 2016.

Apple TV is dreadful

There is a long standing issue whereby the iTunes TV shows and movies do not play. In fact, after complaining a number of times I’ve been given 4 different explanations, including one Apple genius who said “just go buy a new one”. Problem is they also have the issue. From online reading it’s an iTunes back end problem that is unresolved at this point. Wait 2 hours to watch a 40 min show.

Purchased in June 2012.

Great for families.

Got this and love it. Easy to use the kids know how to operate it. We listen to vevo and I love I don’t have DVD laying around now. All on my iTunes account.

Purchased in December 2016.

Keep getting better and better

The Apple TV keeps getting better and better. I remember thinking it was a silly idea, but now I do everything related to TV or streaming using it. It’s easy to use, has a huge variety of all of your favourite streaming services in one place and links back to your iTunes so you can keep watching your TV and movies on your laptop whenever you’re away. Love it!

Purchased in July 2018 for $300.00.

This is perfect

Who can beat apple products? Nobody! This is so great and so good. I love watching Netflix on my tv it’s so good. Everything is best in it yay!! Yup

Purchased in January 2018 at Apple Physical store for $4,000.00.

I love my 4K Apple TV

I love my 4K Apple TV.
I love the range of Apps on it, I love the high resolution screen animated screen savers.
I love the screen resolution.
I love that they've got the streaming right now, unlike prior versions, so you don't wait for ever for
a movie to start.
We went with the 32GB version, I don't see much point in the 64G version
Siri I'm not so crazy about, so I never use it.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Intuitive and Polished

Super polished alternative if you don’t have a smart TV (or if you have to suffer through the poor software in many Smart TV’s).
The operating system and apps are all extremely polished, if you download infuse player you can basically play any media type, and the auto exchange rate switching is a great feature I haven’t seen many other places. Wish I’d purchased one sooner!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love Apple TV

I love my Apple TV Never had any major issues Works perfect would recommend to anyone and everyone Easliy controlled with remote and works well if you have other Apple devices as well like iPad or iPhone It’s just a great lil device can’t live without it for sure. -)

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Apple tv is awesome

Apple tv is the best it is so easy to use and the wifi is so fast. My kids can’t stop using it for watching netflex and youtube, even me and my husband love it so much we can now have a movie date night together on our tv connecting to apple tv.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great product if you do not have a smart tv

got it in 2015 . just sold it as found out the newer smart tv has most functions. the new 2019 tv even have airplay 2 integrated.

fast and always work.
not much apps on the apple tv stores.. a lot of apps has being remove since the start of the product.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Easy to use & seamless linkage with Apple devices

Bought this mainly to be able to watch footage from iTunes on our 4K TV

Was experiencing some lag and buffering when watching 4K through google play tv and movies - no issues with internet speed

Easy to use interface with good quality content and no major lag or buffering issues

Great selection of apps in the App Store and easy to broadcast from apple devices to the TV

Recommended for people with multiple apple devices

Date PurchasedJan 2019

do you have to buy all content on the apple tv can you get sports from australia on it
If you have heard about kayo...that’s an excellent option to enjoy Australian sports content...Apple TV has Kayo app and it offers the most brilliant sports experience if your internet is good

Can you rent 4K movies and watch on 1080p tv as I believe it’s only 4K that has the Dolby Atmos sound track. I want the sound but don’t have 4K tv
I have watched the 4K movies on, I think it just means you don't get the full effect (like the moving cars) - its like normal TVThanks did you watch it on a 4K tv. Or standard HD

Can you watch the all blacks on that apple tv?
Sorry I cannot help you. I think it depends on which streaming service you are enrolled with. Suggest you ask Apple or one of their stockists

Apple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)Apple TV 3rd Generation (2012)Apple TV 1st Generation (2007)Apple TV 2nd Generation (2011)
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and BluetoothWi-Fi, Ethernet and Bluetooth
ProtocolsAirplayAirplayAirplay
Height35mm35mm23mm28mm23mm
Width98mm98mm98mm197mm98mm
USB Ports1
Release dateOct 2015Sep 2013Mar 2007Mar 2011
Replaced byApple TV 5th Generation - 4k (2017)Apple TV 4th Generation (2015)Apple TV 2nd Generation (2011)Apple TV 3rd Generation (2012)

Visit official website - Download manual