AquaMAX G390SS

AquaMAX G390SS

See the Best Gas Hot Water Storage Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AquaMAX? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Smells of GasYes (0) · No (4)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Peter RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They do not know what SERVICE means

Called to book a HWS service after no response from their webform which I completed a fortnight ago. Their prepaid fee at time of booking is for $200 even though callout is only $148. No scheduling available other than a day (no morning / afternoon, two hour slot etc.. Will not go near this firm again.

Lachlan M.
Lachlan M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very efficient and plenty of hot water

Replaced a 25 year old rinnai unit with the aquamax 390SS and it made noticeable savings on my gas bill and the hot water seems to last longer than the previous tank. We use more hot water and it costs less to run. The pilot light went out once, and it was easy to relight.
The unit has been installed for 12 months and have had no issues.
Our family has adults and 2 small kids and we don’t run out of hot water anymore.

Purchased in December 2019.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

Fantastic system, I've had the unit for almost 10 years and l just replaced the thermostat & thermocouple. Very easy for a plumber to replace. Having a stainless steel tank this unit should last over 20 years.

Purchased in January 2012.

GeoffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Aquamax gs270ss very poor product

Purchased in August 2011 at through plumber for $1,710.00.

daz
daz

not bad system

had this now 10 years start to play up yesterday had 4 service done over last year and year before and even new parts done what can i say 10 years not bad unit had bosch 26e natural gas before was the best u control the temputure u self with a control but that go on when hot water in use so u save money but this unit bulky ok wouldnt give a 5 star as always seem to do something to it and plumbers charge like fish would i buy again answer is no

Purchased in January 2009 at InnerOrigin.

THE BEST HWS

I have my Aquamax since 1990 and never missed a beat that is twice as long as most HWS and still working now but smelling some unburnt gas, so now getting another Aquamax

Had since 1998just stop working never run out of hot water thanks heaps

Come out very hot so use on low setting save heaps of gas all ways had hot water just keep going and going out side unit didn't get much rust and could be happier with it lasted more then the normal 10 years and save me money thanks so much

Date PurchasedJan 1998

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
NikkiBikkie
NikkiBikkieMelbourne

We made a good choice with this one!

Our gravity fed unit went to heaven and this was a quick not researched at all purchase, but I think it wasn’t a bad choice! The tank is quite big and only run out if we do 4 consecutive decent time length showers (think 10 mins each, the kids sometimes more?!) we have had it for 6 years now and had to replace the overflow valve twice now which isn’t great at about $150 a time (luckily our plumber is a neighbour and skips the call out fee!) but aside from that it’s been great, a bit of a set and forget, if the overflow valve would just behave then I would’ve given it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Poor product quality. Poor service. Unable to contact any one responsible other than telephone opera

Date PurchasedDec 2016

2012

Date PurchasedNov 2012
PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent solid product with good performance

We have the G290SS and haven't had any of the problems documented by others here. It's an excellent solid unit and so much better than the Bosch on-demand system it replaces. The controls are easy to use and while we don't have long showers, it hasn't run out as yet even when the washing machine is running too.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
PaulS

A year down the track and it's still working perfectly.

I have Installed 1'000s with very HAPPY customers!!

Fantastic system, all these issues with faulty thermostats & thermocouples can happen to any gas storage hot water unit. Having a stainless steel tank this should last over 20 years. People FORGET that these systems should be serviced at minimum once every 2 years to avoid half these issues people keep complaining about.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Big Steve
Big SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After 14 months major failures

Unit warranty not worth a crumpet. Pilot kept going out plumber replaces gas regulator twice and thermocouple at a cost of $350. The unit is only 16 months old. Buyer be ware very poor product quality to fail so quick. I took advice from plumber originally so he discounted the repair price, but should have gone with the Rinnai my original choice.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Floss
Floss

Totally useless

This hot water service konks out every month. Have to get plumber in to re-light. Should be replaced with a better HWS. Trouble from the first week I bought it. Feel cheated. My gas bill has gone up since I bought it. It is still under warranty but the plumber still says nothing.
Would you please tell me how to change my profile picture, I didn't choose it.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Choose another brand.

Had a couple minor issues over the years now just under 4 years old and gas controller is busted. Will cost $500+ to replace. Will be installing a new heater of a different brand, not worth the hassle or risk of it happening again in a couple of years. 12 month warranty on such critical and expensive parts isn't worth anything.

Date PurchasedMar 2013