Aristopet Scaly Face & Leg Treatment

Aristopet Scaly Face & Leg Treatment

See the Best Pet Medications in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Be careful!

Please be careful!!! This product works well if you follow the directions. I had used it before with no problems but the last time I used it I applied way too much and the budgie swallowed some and died two days later. I don't blame the product as I used more than was recommended.

Effectively treats Scaly Face & Leg Mites

I had never heard of Scaly Mites until my pet Budgie's face started to look all "scruffy" and her feet appeared really big. After searching online I determined she had this mite and bought this treatment at the local pet shop for $12.00 for a 25mL bottle. There are limited instructions on the bottle so I searched again online for as much info as I could find on how this treatment works - I think if they packaged it in a cardboard box they could include more detailed information about the treatment. I applied it to the legs and carefully around the face (avoiding the eye and nostril areas) with a cotton bud for 4 days. After a week she is starting to look much better and her legs look almost normal again. You do need to reapply after either a week or 3 weeks, depending on whose advise you take, to kill eggs that have hatched since the first application. I think it works by suffocating the mites with the paraffin oil, but I'm not certain. I applied coconut oil to her legs after each application as well to aid with the healing.
I'd recommend it to others, as birds with this condition will die from the mites. However, I know there is another treatment now available without prescription where you apply a single drop on the skin once a week for 3 weeks, that is probably more convenient.

I'm far from being qualified to answer your question, but if you can look up some chicken sites I'd do that for better advice. If you are going to use this product I'd apply to the affected areas with a cotton bud daily for 4 days, avoiding eyes. Repeat a couple of weeks later to kill freshly hatched mites. But as I said, I have no experience with chickens. Good luck!

I am not to sure how to apply it to my Silkie Chickens as they have mites. Should I just wipe it over their legs for a few days or soak their legs with it diluted for a while and see what happens with their skin? I have heard a lot of different things, but I am not sure of what to do. Any idea for our girls? Thanks, Belinda