AS-Motor AS 940 Sherpa 4WD

AS-Motor AS 940 Sherpa 4WD

MPN: AS940

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ash FWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Incredible machine

We purchased our Sherpa from Glen at Steep Terrain mowing and slashing, First of Glens customer service is the best I've experienced in a long time. Secondly this machine is almost unstoppable From thick Green grass over one meter tall to lantana bushes twice the size of the mower it eats it all with out hesitation. Our property is very very step and the Sherpa continues to surprise us in its ability's which we are pushing to the limit! We have rolled the machine twice on incredibly steep areas both times with out a scratch on us or the robust machine all we had to do was roll it upright fire it up and away it goes again.

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used: Weekly
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Oh what a feeling

My Sherpa AS 940 XL has only done 27 hours but i am amazed at what it will do. I live on a very undulating 40 acre property that has not been slashed in over 2 years and this machine is doing a unbelieveable job, i keep driving it into thicker and thicker growth and wondering what will stop it, have stalled it a couple of times on very large thick clumps of tall grass but that was me just going too fast. I thing it is an awesome machine.
I live at Delaneys Creek QLD and our local Sherpa dealer Glen Stewart Just lives up the road how convenient, i found Glen to be very Honest and Trustworthly

Date PurchasedNov 2018

When the going gets tough - call a Sherpa!

Our Sherpa 940 XL has done about 70 hours of work now, in tough conditions. It is a genuine workhorse, which doesn't take a backwards step. All steel construction - no plastic. The Sherpa feels safe and comfortable on our steep terrain (Mt Mee, Qld). We are very happy to recommend the service, reliability and courtesy of local Sherpa dealer Glen Stewart of Delaneys Creek Qld.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

ScottiemcNSW, 2484

What a workhorse!

I have only had my Sherpa for about 12 hours of mowing time at this point but I am so impressed with it's grunt and ability to handle steep terrain. We have a hilly 5 acre property that my greenfield just wasn't up too. I needed something safer that could handle the extreme contours of the property. I looked at grillo's and razorbacks but feel I have definitely made the right decision with this workhorse. It's a little slower than I expected, rated at 6.2 km/h but feels slower...BUT, I certainly feel very safe heading up a steep slope, not a hiccup in power as it grinds its way forward. It also does a pretty good cutting job on the better couch lawn around the house pad. I can highly recommend this for hilly, steep properties.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Andrew R

Andrew RNE TAS

Too Good to be True

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Hardyards Allterrain Mowing.

This mower is the ultimate of mowers goes anywhere never had an issue i mow acerage with it in sunshine coast hinterland. Im a contractor get some difficult uards check my facebook page pics. Fuel usasged is good prompt parts from interstate. Goes into areas that you cant walk inn some cases. The machine carves up saspplings best for small areas upto r4 acres.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

NEdwards

NEdwardsYarra Valley

Safe, reliable and powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Climb Every Mountain

The Sherpa is versatile and resilient and is still behaving like a beast after two years of hard labour on steep terrain. This machine continues to be an indispensable asset in the maintenance of a property with difficult to access areas. Will go places no tractor would dare. Excellent after sale service provided by Reg from Valley Pumps and Irrigation Systems.

Andrew and Michelle Sinc

Andrew and Michelle SincKin Kin

If it's steep you want this

Sherpa 940 - 2 years on

AS is A1!

Just had the first 50-hour service from Brad Fox at Fox1 Machinery at Samford in Queensland. Very impressed with the "Sherpa" and so too is my wife who would not let me buy 4WD tractor or any other ride-on we looked at - all of them! While our 12 acre block in western suburbs of Brisbane is no steeper than many others around here, we do have lots of lantana (less now) and some slopes not for the faint hearted. The orange beast, though compact in appearance, makes light work of everything. Brad and Kelly are also fantastic - nothing is too much trouble.
Compact, colour (orange), safety features, operation (ease of use), mulching (even palm fronds), German engineering, great design!

Lucas E

Lucas ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent on steep terrain and cutting tall grass.

Made for the job.

After mowing my steep 5 acre block with a variety of self propelled walk behind mowers for 28 years, i was stoked to find the AS 940 Sherpa. It climbs, descends and handles long grass with ease, safety and comfort. I couldn't be happier. I almost look forward to the grass growing! It's the machine i was hoping someone would make.
100% suitable for the task.

If you have a steep , rough yard or really long thick grass then this mower is for you!

Chrissie75
Chrissie75

Are you able to let me know how much you paid and where you purchased this mower from?

fatcatboris57
fatcatboris57

If you click on the official website link at the top of the page you can contact them there

Joe3131

Have owned a Sherpa 940 since Feb 2012 - one of the first 4 into Aust. It's performance on steep slippery ground (Dandenong Ranges) is A1. Excellent design and built like a tank to be non stoppable. Will write a full review soon

Sean Sellars

Sean Sellarsasked

Price on model AS940 Sherpa

Mark M.

Mark M.asked

What are they priced at

John Masked

Hi. I have the chance of buying a 4 year old 940 with 180 hours on the clock. Looks in good condition but probably needs new belts and blades. Other than that it looks fine. Would anyone have doubts about buying a 4 year old machine? Thanks.

Ash F

Hi john It’s hard to say without seeing machine I would get in contact with the nearest dealer to you to get an idea on service schedule and what cost you would be up for on a machine with the hours I know the first 50hr service is a big one. My blades have already copped absolute abuse and they still cut the lawn around my house beautifully

John M

Thanks Ash. It’s a machine i would have to import so its not particularly easy to sort out an inspection etc. So on that basis, I don’t think I will go ahead with the purchase - to many unknowns!

Get an answer from our members and AS Motor representatives

Dimensions 1520 x 980 x 1910 mm
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement724 cc
BrandBriggs & Stratton
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton, 44 Professional Series 8, V-Twin