Rover Mini Rider

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Turning

Near new keeps stopping

So is mine. 15hrs use and it's now popping, backfiring, surging then stops. Driving me mad. Mows for 2 minutes then stops. Have flushed fuel. Cleaned tank. Check cap vent, changed plugs, changed coil, changed fuel filter....about to trade this piece of crap

Purchased in June 2020 for A$2,499.00.

NickGippsland, VIC

I love mowing again

Purchased in July 2020 for A$2,600.00.

Product is usedWeekly

Roger KinskyIllawarra, NSW

Mini ride er reverse

Can anyone tell me - will this mower cut in reverse and if so how can I get it to do so. One reviewer said he had to tweak it to get it to cut in reverse - how ??? It's a nuisance to have to disengage the cutter everytime I want to go in reverse.

Purchased in May 2020.

Lucky

LuckyBrisbane

Great Mini Ride on But...

I purchased my Rover auto model mini ride on to cut grass around our home about 2 months ago. I live on about 1.5 acres in a rural setting with some moderate slopes. I only have two problems with it and that is you cant wash the mower after mowing and cooled down...it won't start again..and, being suto, you can't push them even using the by-pass lever..I dare you to push it any distance..lol. Anyway, it goes well, cuts well, and mine is fitted with the rear catcher which works surprisingly well, as long as the grass is not wet. Then, it just clogs the shute and you have to manually remove the grass to unclog. But good mower for the price. Hope this helps make your choice..happy hunting..price $3k in Brisbane southside.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$3,000.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Turning

Excellent cut for a small ride-on but.....

Good turning circle, cuts as good as a push mower, ideal for up to an acre but has developed a reluctance to run for more than 15 minutes.
Only 40 hours in 18 months, so not a lot of use, property has a gentle slope and I have replaced the original fuel filter with a clear one. When the engine miss starts starts, I can see the fuel is really low in the filter even when tank is almost full.
Fuel is gravity fed and I have noticed other recent comments along similar lines so am wondering if rover have a fix?

Purchased in July 2018 at Stihl Dealer for A$2,500.00.

andrew

andrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for large blocks

Purchased in October 2018 at local Rover dealer for A$1,800.00.

Sherree

SherreeDarling Downs, QLD

Great little mower

Purchased in December 2018 at Tandem Lawnmowers for A$1,999.00.

Rob

RobRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Down on power especially in reverse, otherwise a good product.

Purchased in October 2017.

Great little machine

I've had my mini rider for 9 months now and am very happy with it. Super reliable, comfortable to drive. I'm on a 1500m2 block with some tight places and long runs all of which it handles perfectly. It's mulching feature is fantastic. the only thing I'm not happy with is the forward/reverse lever is quite stiff. Next time I'm going with the hydro version instead.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rick

RickSydney Surrounds, NSW

does the job but a few very small issues

Date PurchasedDec 2018
sylvia

sylviaIllawarra, NSW

love it

love this little beaut mower, I can also now reverse while in use and get pretty much very close to the edge of the lawn. What i love about it, is how quickly i can get my lawn mowed both the front block and the back yard. What use to make me hours, takes about an hour all up if that.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Graeme

GraemeLevin. NZ

Good MOWER . Questionable agent ???

I find this mini Mower good ,my section is small with some tight corners which are difficult to negotiate. The agent who I purchased the mower from will not honour two year warranty unless I pay for an oil change & service within 3 months of purchase. ( approx NZ $ 175). Has anyone else
heard of such a rort. ?

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Tom B

Tom BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best buy I have made in a decade

I bought the Hydo model and it has taken all the effort out of mowing many of the yards I manage. I mulch and you have to be sure the deck isn't too low or it won't "vanish" the clippings into the grass. Also you have to keep the speed down or it simply won't mow all the grass but miss bits. These are inherent limitations and not negative points. All in all I'm very impressed, especially with the 860mm wide wheel base that goes through even the smallest of gates. The 5 year warranty ads peace of mind.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sherree

SherreeDarling Downs, QLD

Perfect for my small acreage

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Unhappy mower

Unhappy mowerWheatbelt, WA

Wouldn't waste money on this model.

This mower has spent more time in garage than mowing. There has been a problem with fuel supply from purchase. Fuel is gravity fed to motor but they are almost level which on my machine leads to short mowing or no mowing when fuel empties from the fuel line even when fuel tank is over half full. I have only been able to mow approx one acre in one go about 6 times in past 5 years! Many times it cuts out after 10 minutes, leave it for 10 - 15 minutes and it goes for another 10 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't start! It is comfortable to ride when it goes and cuts fairly well. I don't believe it is very reliable. Several mechanics have looked at it and still not reliable! Model MT13A226JD333

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

so far so good..............

From out of the crate from Bunnings was OK. The mower does not come with a charged battery, for transporting. We thought it would come with a charger -WRONG... We checked with Bunnings they don't even sell a suitable charger, so we had to sort that. We blew a fuse in that process but finally got it going. Cuts fine, starts each time without any issues. Its really a push mower with a seat- that's all fine if you don't have too high expectations.
I found ear protection with ear gear is required as you sit on the engine and can be noisy.
For what we need on a 1200 sqm block which is fairly level this is ideal and also rolls under the deck for protection.
Happy mowing... G

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Matt

MattBrisbane

Brilliant for larger residential lawns.

This Rover Mini rider has made mowing my large 1200m2 block a breeze. My back yard has a slope, and the lower part of the lawn gets very thick. The Rover Mini powers through it beautifully. The only negative feedback would be, that the centre of gravity feels a little rearward, so on non level ground the steering can be a little tricky. But otherwise, very impressed. Mulches the grass very finely also and very economical on petrol.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Happy with it

I am very happy with the Mini rider. Does my house yard really well. I love it can go through normal house gates. The only thing I had a problem with is my yard is pretty rough and has some old veggie patch mounds. And the blades would dig into the ground as they just followed the height of the front wheels. I added some small wheels on each corner of the mowing deck to let the deck move to the contour of the yard. It works a treat.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Deon

DeonBrisbane

rover mini rider

Makes the job easy is fairly comfortable and cheap to run mulches shorter grass so well I don't need to rake afterwards i do mine and my neighbors yard as he is in his eightys I have only had it a few months but i am extremely happy with this machine only downside is messy to do oil change but i will use a vacuum sucker next time

Date PurchasedJan 2017
triumph

triumphSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

money well spent

We bought this mower 2 months ago and love it.We also bought the grass catcher and it works really well,though it is expensive compared to the price of the mower.We mow lawn(about 1/2 acre) not jungle and it picks up grass 2 inchs long very well,as long as its not wet. It also mulches very well We have a partly sloping block and it goes everywhere easily even up a short steep incline.It seems thirsty compared to our Honda self propelled but its a small price to pay to be able to sit on instead of walking behind.I changed the oil after the running in period,a bit messy, but i will use a syringe next time like the bloke in the mower shop does.I'm 70 and we both like our lawn looking nice so it has made the job a lot easier.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017