Rover Mini Rider

Rover Mini Rider

MPN: 13A726JD333

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sherree

SherreeDarling Downs, QLD

Great little mower

Purchased in December 2018 at Tandem Lawnmowers for $1,999.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

RobRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Down on power especially in reverse, otherwise a good product.

Purchased in October 2017.

Product is used: Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Great little machine

I've had my mini rider for 9 months now and am very happy with it. Super reliable, comfortable to drive. I'm on a 1500m2 block with some tight places and long runs all of which it handles perfectly. It's mulching feature is fantastic. the only thing I'm not happy with is the forward/reverse lever is quite stiff. Next time I'm going with the hydro version instead.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Rick

RickSydney Surrounds, NSW

does the job but a few very small issues

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Good value for money

Purchased Hydro drive and the mulch kit is essential. Excellent value and cuts as good as a self propelled mower... faster with less effort!
Don't expect John Deere quality but just like them, everything is now plastic!
Made in China, assembled in the US, but it does have a "rover" label and 5 year warranty?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

sylvia

sylviaIllawarra, NSW

love it

love this little beaut mower, I can also now reverse while in use and get pretty much very close to the edge of the lawn. What i love about it, is how quickly i can get my lawn mowed both the front block and the back yard. What use to make me hours, takes about an hour all up if that.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Graeme

GraemeLevin. NZ

Good MOWER . Questionable agent ???

I find this mini Mower good ,my section is small with some tight corners which are difficult to negotiate. The agent who I purchased the mower from will not honour two year warranty unless I pay for an oil change & service within 3 months of purchase. ( approx NZ $ 175). Has anyone else
heard of such a rort. ?

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Tom B

Tom BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best buy I have made in a decade

I bought the Hydo model and it has taken all the effort out of mowing many of the yards I manage. I mulch and you have to be sure the deck isn't too low or it won't "vanish" the clippings into the grass. Also you have to keep the speed down or it simply won't mow all the grass but miss bits. These are inherent limitations and not negative points. All in all I'm very impressed, especially with the 860mm wide wheel base that goes through even the smallest of gates. The 5 year warranty ads peace of mind.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sherree

SherreeDarling Downs, QLD

Perfect for my small acreage

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Unhappy mower

Unhappy mowerWheatbelt, WA

Wouldn't waste money on this model.

This mower has spent more time in garage than mowing. There has been a problem with fuel supply from purchase. Fuel is gravity fed to motor but they are almost level which on my machine leads to short mowing or no mowing when fuel empties from the fuel line even when fuel tank is over half full. I have only been able to mow approx one acre in one go about 6 times in past 5 years! Many times it cuts out after 10 minutes, leave it for 10 - 15 minutes and it goes for another 10 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't start! It is comfortable to ride when it goes and cuts fairly well. I don't believe it is very reliable. Several mechanics have looked at it and still not reliable! Model MT13A226JD333

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

so far so good..............

From out of the crate from Bunnings was OK. The mower does not come with a charged battery, for transporting. We thought it would come with a charger -WRONG... We checked with Bunnings they don't even sell a suitable charger, so we had to sort that. We blew a fuse in that process but finally got it going. Cuts fine, starts each time without any issues. Its really a push mower with a seat- that's all fine if you don't have too high expectations.
I found ear protection with ear gear is required as you sit on the engine and can be noisy.
For what we need on a 1200 sqm block which is fairly level this is ideal and also rolls under the deck for protection.
Happy mowing... G

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Matt

MattBrisbane

Brilliant for larger residential lawns.

This Rover Mini rider has made mowing my large 1200m2 block a breeze. My back yard has a slope, and the lower part of the lawn gets very thick. The Rover Mini powers through it beautifully. The only negative feedback would be, that the centre of gravity feels a little rearward, so on non level ground the steering can be a little tricky. But otherwise, very impressed. Mulches the grass very finely also and very economical on petrol.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Happy with it

I am very happy with the Mini rider. Does my house yard really well. I love it can go through normal house gates. The only thing I had a problem with is my yard is pretty rough and has some old veggie patch mounds. And the blades would dig into the ground as they just followed the height of the front wheels. I added some small wheels on each corner of the mowing deck to let the deck move to the contour of the yard. It works a treat.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Deon

DeonBrisbane

rover mini rider

Makes the job easy is fairly comfortable and cheap to run mulches shorter grass so well I don't need to rake afterwards i do mine and my neighbors yard as he is in his eightys I have only had it a few months but i am extremely happy with this machine only downside is messy to do oil change but i will use a vacuum sucker next time

Date PurchasedJan 2017
triumph

triumphSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

money well spent

We bought this mower 2 months ago and love it.We also bought the grass catcher and it works really well,though it is expensive compared to the price of the mower.We mow lawn(about 1/2 acre) not jungle and it picks up grass 2 inchs long very well,as long as its not wet. It also mulches very well We have a partly sloping block and it goes everywhere easily even up a short steep incline.It seems thirsty compared to our Honda self propelled but its a small price to pay to be able to sit on instead of walking behind.I changed the oil after the running in period,a bit messy, but i will use a syringe next time like the bloke in the mower shop does.I'm 70 and we both like our lawn looking nice so it has made the job a lot easier.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

mini rider best on the market

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Poor

I have one keeps braking the cable on cutting deck after 2 or 3 mows cutting blade weak bends if hits a stick. I would avoid these at any cost Rover replace one of the cables they snap right at the end where the cable comes out. It's clearly a fault in design.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Vic C.

Vic C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome machine! Perfect!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Jimbo

JimboPerth, WA

Cheaper version

Not a bad mower, does not cut low enough for me and the cheap knock off engine worries me, but has not let go yet. Has a single cutter bar, so not good for chopping through rough grass that may contain rocks and bend it if hit.The tyres are best filled with slime to stop leaks from the start.

Edd

EddPerth. Western Australia

Great mower for larger sized house blocks