Grillo Climber 7 Series

• Turning
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
TiPi

TiPiCentral Queensland, QLD

Clever idea, poor detail design and quality, atrocious parts prices

Purchased in March 2017.

Product is used Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Good machine but by no means perfect

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Neil
Neil
Kirk

Kirk

Not a bad little machine

I have a 10hp 7 series. It came with the house when I bought it. Great on hills. This model could do with more power. But still seems to get the job done. I have been mowing six acres for the last year or so. Still going ok. Four wheel drive would of helped.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Grillo Climber 7 Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Brendan

BrendanNSW, 2450

Comfortable on Slopes - not the best finish

I use a Grillo (I believe is 7-series) - It is a good mower and performs well on the slopes (I test it out a bit) Diff locker is good to get around steep corners etc. or on slightly wet grass. But I when I do the lawn section with it - it's very inconsistent with it's cut... I have a Toro upright style mower which has a much smoother and nicer cut on lawn - but cannot handle the slopes like this one - so I alternate depending on the job at hand...

Does Most Of The Job But Can Be Disappointed

I had the grillo for 5years now mainly due to iur sloping block. I mow around 4acres. Most disappointing was speed then grass height. The cover over the blades bent so badly just through use on uneven slopes that blades hit it. Now I have also just had the throttle snap off in my hand at 90hours no warning. The chain has fallen off the wheels also.

Safe but not perfect

Works hills well - diff lock great in wet but mower is very difficult to work on and service. Some questionable workmanship our throttle lever snapped off in our hand during use ? ? After 20 hours. At 60 hours the steering arm snapped - it has not worked hard - we have 2 acres with an arcre of it steep but not rough terrain. Would expect a tougher machine for the price.

Carabella

CarabellaAdelaide

7-16 grillo

the 7-16 is a a great robust rideon mower for flat steep terrain but if you have rough terrain the wings are unforgiving and dont follow the countours. if mowing really long grass you need to lift the wings regulary to clear the cuttings. The seat is hard and after a couple of hours its hard on the body so upgrade to a suspension seat if available. Great mower for small rural acerage.the diff lock is a bonus and will get you out. make sure you check the area for stumps, rocks , dirt mounds. the people at shortcut mowers were helpfull
The diff lcok and robust engine
the wings are unforgiving and cuttings build up quickly

Just what I need

I mow almost 2 acres of brush and for 5 years I ran a toro workhorse with a 52 inch contractor cutting deck, but with sloping land in some places at almost 30 deg I never felt too comfortable. The day I rolled it forced me to look at a better/safer way.

The grillo is the safest mower I have ever driven by far. I feel in complete control at all times. I knew when I bought it that it would not leave the grass looking as pretty as the toro did but the safety factor comes first. It still cuts very well, especially the long stuff
Handles 30 degree slopes with ease, never skips a beat. value for money

natural

naturalAU

Not as good as I had expected

Empiricist

How much would it cost to have a 7 series grillo servied

Majid S.

Majid S.asked

Climber 7.13

I try to reset the service flashing light, by going to flashing message and holding the button everything goes to 00000 but as soon as I release it, it start flashing again, something I am doing wrong, what are the steps ?

Geraud

Geraudasked

Climber 7 Series

I have used my Grillo climber 7.18 for around 50 hours. A couple of days ago, i remove the blades to sharpen them and put everything back together.
Today, it cannot start. I did all as per the book, i guess a safety sensor is locked or engaged. Where are they and how can i check them?
Looking forward to your answers