Razorback All Terrain

Razorback All Terrain

CMX1402, CMX227, CMX186, etc...

• Product is used:
    • Weekly (2)
    • Occasionally (1)
  • Safety
  • Hill / Slope Performance
  • Turning
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance

55 hours old and has died

Purchased in January 2017 at Canycom UK for $24,000.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Verno

This was meant as a warning to other users over a silly oversight by Subaru, Suggest you pull each machine apart and locktite these M6 bolts. Mine can't be the only one!

Ken

KenHobart, TAS

Great mower

Great mower goes anywhere on our 10 acre hilly property - rides down the sides of the creek bed as long as I hang onto the side handles - even managers the smaller surface rocks ok - have owned it for several years (I was probably the first in the Kingston Tasmania area to buy one) and only reversed the blades once. Sometimes have to lock the rear diff to get out of the soft ground after heavy rain - once had to pull it out with the winch on the 4wd but that was my fault. If we had purchased this before the Chinese 45HP 4wd tractor with slasher we would not have purchased the tractor - have sold the slasher and never use the tractor for mowing as it could not handle the turns on the sides of the hills. Would be better with larger tyres.

Purchased in November 2013.

Product is used: Occasionally

dgillett290Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A workhorse! But with small faults.

This is a machine! Effectively you're riding a slasher in 4wd go-cart form. It goes practically anywhere and not just slashes but mulches. Even small saplings and rocks that you don't intend to run over. Very economical too. Fires fire goes on one tank. Small issues with small parts failing and it collects dust quickly which affects running and needs cleaning but it eats bushes and ground flora and makes small work of a paddock and acreage.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
John

John

I cant believe how this thing climbs

Date PurchasedMar 2016

It's been great ...but !!

It's been very safe and has been able to mow just about anywhere. I have had it for about 5 years and have used two sets of blades. It cuts the lawn around the house very well despite not having a floating deck. Recently a few problems have reared their ugly head . The chassis has cracked in two places, the blade belt idler pully bracket snapped. It is cutting too low even on the highest setting and is struggling to go up hills at any sort of pace. It has been serviced regularly by the local dealer. Various plastic parts are cracking and showing signs of fatigue.

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Terry. S
Terry. S

Jadzia

JadziaGold Coast, Queensland

A fantastic AWD mower

We’ve just purchased this mower as we own a rural property that has steep and unstable terrain. It mows the lawn like a dream! First day we got it, we were able to mow in the rain and had no issues sliding on the wet grass or mud. It is pretty good on fuel, and very comfortable to ride. It is easy enough to operate, particularly the reverse gear which was always a struggle on our old ride on. The mower has made maintenance of our land safe and easy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Stephen Bradshaw

Stephen BradshawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Little Mower for the hills but not he best for manicured lawns

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Darren S

Darren SBrisbane

Perfect for hilly country

The build quality and service received has been exceptional. So far, the machine has delivered on the expectations with the ability to mow all areas I previously only considered with a brush cutter and even on steep slopes, feels solid enough to take on the task. For those with steep country and arm pit undergrowth, I think you will be pleased with the outcome with one of these machines.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awesome all-terrain mower

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Razorback AustraliaRazorback

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with some feedback.
We love hearing about our customers experiences and are very pleased to hear that the machine is performing as expected!

Regards the Team at Razorback Australia.

Paddy11

Being able to tow a small cart behind the Razorback has been as useful on acreage as the slash and go anywhere ability. We love it after a year and a bit of use!!

It's good but..

Date PurchasedDec 2016

jackship

jackshipBROOKFIELD

Good and powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2016

aceraceQld, 4521

Great But

Purchased in September 2016 for $15,500.00.

Product is used: Weekly
acerace

I appreciate your reply.Note Tasmania was our home but actually for the last year Brisbane This is where we bought the mower. Another point I have ordered 3 times service items ??? to no avail.

Razorback AustraliaRazorback

Fantastic piece of equipment but it can get bogged and has some soft metal

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Emperor Zurg

Emperor ZurgNsw

Incredible machine

Absolutely unstoppable . Spent 1 hr on this beast mowing stuff I thought impossible. I mowed 2.5 metre high lantana 70mm thick and it just ate it up . I've spent hours brushcutting the steepest of terrains that this thing effortlessly mows on any angle . On flat stuff in 2wd high it's very quick and mows beautifully . I've got my life back

Great, but some floors

Its mechanical engineering is bullet proof, but same can't be said for its cosmetics/panels some of which have broken after 4 weeks.
It goes places I find difficult to walk up and has allowed me to reclaim land I never imagined possible. Definitely not a finishing mower.
It's a big investment, but have not regretted it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Was concerned about cost initially, but now do not regret the purchase at all.

I have slopes and heavy clay soil and needed a 4wd tank to do the job. The CMX186 does this beautifully. I can do about 2 acres of 35 degree slopes with grass over 1m high and this machine smashes through it in much less time than you think it would. It is very stable on the slopes and surprisingly fuel efficient. I also use this machine as a ride on mulcher. As we bought a derelict property and need to cut a lot of tree limbs we ended up with piles of branches which the razorback destroys in minutes. I do not regret the purchase of this machine for one moment. It is a labour saving device that gives you back your time and it is fun smashing mother nature back to the boundary of your property.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Fantastic engineering and build quality

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Best & Safest mower. Worth every cent

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Wyndham

Wyndham

Have to be seen to believe

I have a very hilly bush block that was covered in lantana. I cleared 4 acers of this thick scrub in a couple of weekends and now I just maintain after poisoning the regrowth. I also took it to a friends house with the same and he was astounded how much we cleared in two days. The blades have hit unseen rocks so many times and hardly show any wear at all. You never see these machines second hand, I think that speaks volumes. "Buy your last mower the first time"

Lee

LeeDum Dum, NSW

Brilliant!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Majid S.

Majid S.asked

How you comparing cmx186 2016 and 1402 with new Honda engine, comparison, which one is better and more reliable, any ones can help asap, I am just about to buy one and confused.

dgillett290

The 18hp engine is more powerful to get over and out of difficult terrain and will mulch with greater torque. Both engines are efficient and reliable. The extra costs are worth the purchase.

Hello Majid S,
The CMX186 has now been replaced with the CMX1808 which is powered by a Vanguard 18HP engine. Both the 186 and 1808 have twin cylinder engines around 18HP whereas the 1402 is a single cylinder 14HP engine. The higher horsepower twin cylinder engine will make heavy going and steep hills more manageable if this fits within your budget.
If you would like to discuss these machines further with our team, please give us a call on 1800 088 567.
The Razorback Team.

Marleyasked

Where is the battery

Hello Marley,
The battery is located below the headlight. To access it you pull the front cover above the headlight forwards and then pull it upwards. It takes a bit of force.
There is an instruction decal at the rear of the front cover outlining battery removal.
If you need any further assistance please give us a call on 1800 088 567.

Marley

Thanks for your response. I have done that and managed to remove the battery and recharge it......All good now.

Vernoasked

Is the statement 3 years warranty correct, is that from the manufacturer?

Hi Verno,
Thank you for you enquiry regarding the warranty on our Razorback mowers.
The warranty is provided by SME Mowers with support from the manufacturer in Japan.
The engine is warranted by the respective engine manufacturer.
If you would like a copy of the Warranty Statement, please email sales@therazorback.com.au, as unfortunately it can't be attached here.

acerace

Good luck getting answers. They ignore emails. Contact details are a waste of time. I have bad feelings for ongoing support etc.

Hello Acerace,
Apologies for the delay in responding, our Service Manager has been travelling this week.
If you would like to speak to someone here about your machine, please call us on 1800 088 567.
The Razorback Team

Get an answer from our members and Razorback representatives