GalD

GalDMelbourne

Average for gaming bad for everything else...

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,800.00.

PaddyTheMan

PaddyTheManGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Repeated Blue Screen of Death when playing games

I bough this computed and would not recommend. I cannot play any games without the computer crashing and getting blue screen of death. I have tried everything: update drivers, re-installed windows, ran all scans, tweaked setting - nothing works.

Zacc8335

Zacc8335Alice Springs, NT

Great gaming laptop but pricey

I have bought this about a few months ago and I am very satisfied with it. The keyboard is very easy to use and play games with, the 144hz display has helped me with many fps and tps games. And the best thing is that it's very fast, I did not once have to deal with lag and I can easily record and stream my favourite games with no problem at all. This laptop is simply one of the best gaming laptops I have used so far. although it is very pricey. I am excited to see what Asus develops in the future!

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,630.00.

Really nice gaming computer

This is the perfect affordable laptop for playing online games and doesn’t skip a beat when you’re chatting with friends during the game. It’s fast and smooth, with amazing graphics. Highly recommended.

Awesome!!!

I was unsure since I am use to Tower and Monior, but it runs smoothly (+ better then my tower!!) Great visuals and amazing battery :) will be using more Asus computers in the future :]

Steve

SteveVictoria

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT

Purchased the laptop to replace my existing one for home & games that had a terminal failure. Compared to similar laptops it was very competitively priced. The robust heavier build with the Ryzen 5 appearing (haven't put any serious tasks to it yet) to perform well. The 512 GB SSD, the 1Tb HDD and the extra DVD Burner provide all the storage I need. The 15.6" screen, graphics card, extra RAM and the 144Hz refresh rate look great. No real opinion on the keyboard changing colors during use as long as it functions I'm happy. Other than the smaller screen size, it should replace its predecessor quite well.

Yury

YurySydney, NSW

This was the laptop I've always been looking for!!

This laptop is perfect for what I need. It looks great and it works very smoothly. Awesome for gaming, which was my main objective, no problems at all. The features I love about it are: the rainbow LED keyboard, big storage, impressive speed and performance with all you do, clear visual display and graphics.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,240.00.

Seyed

SeyedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT

I originally bought it for my son for a few specific games. It is not a gaming computer, however, it could work for his games very well. He is happy with that. Also, the price was good! Thanks

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,699.00.

Esho I.

Esho I.Sydney, NSW

Great looking laptop

Just purchased it’s a great laptop with a lot of control over the laptops features. From access to the RGB keyboards light to how loud and powerful the fan is.

Purchased in May 1999.

Greg

GregGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT Laptop- Ryzen 7 with 512GB SSD 15.6" Screen.

Purchased the laptop to replace my existing one for work, home & games. It was at a discounted price when purchased. Compared to similar laptops for that price , it had the robust heavier build, graphics card, extra RAM & the 144Hz refresh rate screen . Ryzen 7 performs well with the SSD memory & the 15.6" screen is a good size for my use. Keyboard is comfortable to use, not quite sure about the changing keyboard colors during use. The weakness of this laptop is the battery, it is not lasting very long at all, about 2 hours. Overall the laptop will meet my computer needs.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman.

True review

I bought this gaming laptop for my son, so he could play more advanced games, such as Fortnight, with quick speed & high FPS. Within 3 days the operating system lost connection with the hard drive.
    A replacement was issued by the retailer.
    The battery on both the original and the replacement is short when gaming online.
    Overall the laptop works well, in line with it's specifications.

Solid dual purpose laptop

I was looking for an upgrade from my smaller laptop that could help me with work but also handle some games. I chose this because the specs seemed to indicate that it could do both. After picking it up, it was easy to setup but only had one issue where any key I pushed was not picked up but restarting it helped. Overall, relatively quick to compile basic code snippets and can run games with not too much loss in graphic quality. So I'm pretty happy with the price I paid for these specs and the way it handles.

Purchased in December 2020.

GrumpyDad

GrumpyDadSouth East Queensland, QLD

A good solid laptop

Its still early days yet but purchased this laptop from Harvey Norman a few days ago and it has been a great machine to set up. Often (yes I have done a lot of new machine setups) setting up a new Laptop can be a pain in the butt. Finding drivers, updating and removing all the bloatware that often comes along for the ride.
    This has been simple, easy and no hassle. In fact I sat there twiddling my thumbs wondering what was wrong till I realised I was swearing and cursing the machine.
    Decided to crank up World of Tanks as a test and had a great time playing on the laptop. Handled it like a champ

Oliver richardson

Oliver richardsonGreat Southern, WA

Bloody rippa

My laptop doesn’t everything I need, I bought it for film studies and love it, only thing that’s annoying is needs longer battery life other than that would 8/10 reckon

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,249.00.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Good specs & style for the price. Easy decision!

Upgrading from a 7.5yr old HP Pavilion 15.6 Laptop.
    Been using this new laptop for business/ regular home use and it does everything I want it to do and more! And for the price I got it for, it was a very easy decision. It turns on in 15 seconds. The keyboard is backlit (can also change brightness & colour) and screen is very clear. And the sleek design is the cherry on top! Everything I've been using it for the last couple weeks have been so quick and smooth. Very happy with this purchase. A PLUS PLUS !

Fantastic allrounder laptop!

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Great balance for gaming and uni

I used this laptop for gaming as well as coding for uni, I like the high specs along with the sleek keyboard however I found that the arrow keys were a bit small compared to the rest of the keyboard

Leonid G.

Leonid G.South East Queensland, QLD

The perfect choice for that money

I needed both a gaming laptop and a laptop for school. The "must-have" conditions were I7 processor (or Razor 7) and 16Gb DRAM. I got fast laptop for a reasonable price.

Cassie L

Cassie LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing laptop, great for all uses

I bought this laptop for general use and my occasional gaming, and I can only say that it has gone above and beyond and has encouraged me to game more and branch out as the laptop can handle more than most regular laptops. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an affordable laptop that can do it all.

Purchased in December 2020 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store for $1,299.00.

Troy

Troy Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fast and clean

I purchased this for my son for education purposes and to use while at home for gaming purposes. This is a fast and high quality laptop for both uses at a reasonable price!