Australian Ethical Super

• Rates and Fees
Adam

AdamNortheast, VIC

Very happy customer for at least 5 years

I’ve been with Australian Ethical for at least 5 years now and I’m really happy with the growth of my retirement nest egg. I originally came over to them so that I could sleep better at night knowing that my super wasn’t funding stuff I’m against lol dirty energy and fracking etc, but watching how they’ve performed even through a pandemic has been very reassuring. My super hasn’t taken a massive hit like many friends are telling me theirs has.
AE’s web tools are easy to use too.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hey Adam - what a relief to be able to sleep better at night knowing your super is doing good! We're also really proud that our fund has 'weathered the storm' during these crazy times. Thank you for such kind words.

Josef

JosefSydney, NSW

Excellent service with ethical principles

I have been with Ethical Super for more than 5 years now. They are always upfront about any changes i need to know about and I'm happy with the rate of return my super is getting compared to non ethical super funds.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you for the lovely back!

NLJ

NLJ

Be the change you want to see in the world

Like many people I was outraged by the banking royal commission and rio tinto aboriginal land site blasting, I want nothing to do with these companies and choosing an ethical super product is a no brainer. Together we can make a real difference in changing the way businesses make decisions and operate.

Hey NLJ

You're right, together we can make a difference by investing ethically. Thanks for joining us and helping us to grow the good!

Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how Australian Ethical Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Brittney G

Brittney GSydney, NSW

Good for me and the planet

I've been a member for 6 months now and honestly if knew about Australian Ethical earlier i would have joined years ago. Such a simple way of making maximum impact for the planet and the returns are good too!

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you Brittney for your review! It's great to be able to make a difference together.

Sammy -.

Sammy -.

5 stars

Swapped over to these guys and they have been exceptional right from the get go, very easy sign up process and even managed to roll over my old fund over to them without any hitches along the way

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Sammy, welcome to Australian Ethical! We're so pleased to hear you have an easy time signing up and rolling over your funds.

Unethical

I was given approval from the ATO to withdraw part of my super on compassionate grounds (which is needed for surgery). I emailed through my documentation to have the funds released which was over a month ago. Time after time, I have received emails (the same from different people) telling me there is more to do. The communication is terrible and my funds should have been released weeks ago instead of holding onto it because of the current economy.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Roxanne we're really sorry to hear about your experience trying to withdraw funds on compassionate grounds. Our client services manager will look into this personally for you if you can please email enquiries@australianethical.com.au.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi again Roxanne - we hope you've received your funds, however, our client services manager would like to get in touch to see how we can help you. If you could please send us an email that would be great: enquiries@australianethical.com.au

Ross

RossSydney Surrounds, NSW

The Future of Super is here

Great returns, been with AEF for a number of years. Also now a Shareholder as so confident in their future. Love their constant attention and action on issues. Thats why i joined and will support forever i think.

Brendo

BrendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy, Ethical and Earning aplenty

The process to switch super was simple and fast. Online account management is user friendly.

All Australians must seriously consider switching to an ethical super fund to accelerate our transition to renewable energy.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thanks Brendo for your review and helping us to 'grow the good'!

Buyer3126

Buyer3126

$10 administration fee

Even though the site says there are no fees they handed me a $10 administration fee every month for god knows how long. I also have been a low income earner since i joined them, so it really was chewing into my super. I have moved to another super and wish to forget I was charged so much on my superannuation. Completely unethical scammers.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with us , however administration fees are clearly stated on our website and member communications. Administration fees are a part of having a super fund. We hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Retail Superannuation Funds

Constant lies and will not reply to correspondence. Criminals.

The ato approved my covid relief a month ago. Im in contact with ethical super daily and still have not been paid. They say things like "its being paid and was started on Monday" i asked whether it has left their accounts or not. He says its in "pricing"and cant provide further information. I have been lied to during every phone call. They threatened to hang up numerous ties because i want straight answers. They failed to reply to the numerous emails i sent them in the last few weeks. AVOID THIS COMPANY.THEY WILL CHEAT, LIE AND BE AVOIDANT.I have lodged a formal complaint with AFCA and am considering legal action

Hi Stuart,

We’re glad to hear you’ve finally received the funds, and are very sorry for this experience. We’re reviewing internally to find out what went wrong so we can improve processes like this for our members.

Stuart D.
Stuart D.

Hopefully my next communications are treated more expediently as it is my money after all...

Very unethical - more like it.

Kylie M.
Kylie M.
Richard C.

Richard C.Hobart, TAS

Australian unethical- the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Thieves. Unethical.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Steven we’re sorry for your experience with us and would like to get in touch. Would you mind sending an email to enquiries@australianethical.com.au so our client services manager can work through this for you?

Steven
Steven

Please see all my correspondence sent to and received by Allyson Lowbridge, Chief Customer Officer who has done zip since my first complaint.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Steven, we understand your frustration and will be escalating this issue. We just need some personal details so we can look into this for you. Could you please email the above address and we'll look into this as a matter of urgency for you.

Liljamin

Liljamin

Worst customer experience to date

customer

customer

Disappointed, now fixed.

Wanting to get a lump sum payment from my super. In the past I have supplied certified identification which has remained valid for 12 months. Apparently the rules have changed and each time I apply for a payment I have to recertify my ID. This would not be so bad but given the covid situation it requires a trip to officeworks to print my ID and then a trip to a post office. Given a member of my household has preexisting health concerns this new requirement poses a risk. I supplied certified ID three months ago, why cant this still be valid as it used to be.
Eventually satisfactorily fixed. Took a while, but we are in pandemic times, so that may explain it....

Mokka

MokkaSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service. Outdated platforms

Australian Ethical started off good but over the last 12 months something changed. Still no mobile app but ok, platform shows very limited information on performance of your super with only a 3 year historical chart - no days, weeks or months. Customer service 1/10 - no response to requests / feedback. When changing investments it takes over 10 days to switch so you can lose a lot. Finally no break down of investment gains & loses in account activity or chart for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly timeframes. Also no detailed information on investments i.e specific companies, types of shares and markets. Australian Ethical does have potential. For platform ideas check Xpress Super, Guild Super and Future Super. Will review again later

happySydney, NSW

Don't waste your time or money

Hi there,

Again, we're sorry to hear that you're not happy with us. We'd like to investigate this further. Can you please send us your name and details to enquiries@australianethical.com.au.

Ralph

Ralphsydney

NO ONE HOME?

Have tried to access my super online which I need to do to change my insurance cannot do over phone, my super is showing 0, nadda nothing, it is incorrect, I know the super is not nil they know it is not nil but can they fix it, can they heck, have advanced computer skills have done everything they told me to do twice, even logged on to site with another computer so its not just my laptop, this is so disappointing if they cannot do the simple things what are they doing with our super I changed because of the social conscience theme they promote but am struggling with the lack service and results

Peter Allan

Peter AllanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A very satisfied customer

I've been with AE for a decade and I am impressed with the investment profile and the returns. I love that our money is achieving medical, educational and environmental benefit.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you Peter. This makes us very happy to hear!

JT

JTAustralian Capital Territory

Great fund, performs well, communicates well and it's ethical

I have super with AE and have been for a few years. I picked them for ethical reasons but their communication & financial performance is great too. I'm now buying some of their managed fund products.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you for the review JT. We're so pleased you're happy with us.

J. B.

J. B.asked

Who are the investors and shareholders of this super fund?
Where is is situated?
Is this fund investing in offshore companies?

Hi J.B.
Thanks for the questions.
Australian Ethical Investment is a publicly listed company and our shareholders can be anyone. In fact, we have over 9,000 shareholders and investors made up of predominantly individuals and some companies. Our super fund is one of the products offered by Australian Ethical Investment.
Our office is based in Sydney and we operate Australia-wide.
We invest in a broad range of companies that align with our Ethical Charter. These include Australian and international companies. You can see a full breakdown of the companies we invest in here:https://www.australianethical.com.au/personal/ethical-investing/companies-we-invest-in/
We hope that helps.

krizelle anne n.

krizelle anne n.asked

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch.

We offer Superannuation (https://www.australianethical.com.au/super/) and Managed Funds (https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/).

Is there an area of investment you're particularly interested in? You're welcome to give us a call to discuss in more detail:1300 134 337

We hope that helps get you started.

Jimbobaloobop

Jimbobaloobopasked

I have super with AE and I'm now considering putting money into one of the AE managed funds. So far I like the approach AE takes. The fees are pretty high though. How can you justify this?

Hi Jimbobaloobop,
It's always nice to hear that one of our Super members is considering one of our Managed Funds as well! We're glad you like our ethical approach to investing - and you would already be aware of our competitive performance returns.
Fees are about many things, including the level of engagement of the fund managers, and a matter of scale. Australian Ethical has a particularly high level of engagement, because of both our ethical screening, and our active investment style. Despite this, since 2013 we’ve more than halved our fees. It’s just one of the ways that as we grow, we’re making sure to share the benefits with our investors. You might also be interested to know that we are one of the best valued ethical investment funds in Australia when you take into account what our product offers. You may also find that other ‘ethical funds’ may not offer a comprehensive ethical screening process, for example only screening certain negative industries, or best of industry.
You may be interested in some of our wholesale funds, which offer the funds at a substantially reduced fee. You can find more information on our wholesale funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/fees/.
You can find more on the performance of our managed funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/performance-and-returns/
If you want to discuss our investment options, don't hesitate to call us on 1800 021 227.
- Julian at Australian Ethical.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Ethical representatives