Australian Ethical Super

Australian Ethical Super

• Rates and Fees
Corin

Corin Sydney, NSW

Perfect product for profit and purpose

Great performance and great ethics for a superannuation fund . Australian Ethical has been honing their products for many years and that experience is showing in the growth and results . Also ethical is at the dark green end.

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Corin, thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked to hear your positive feedback and are glad to have you as a member with us.

Martin

MartinDarling Downs, QLD

Not only feels good but excellent returns

I transferred my super from another major name fund, as I wanted to invest in one that actually worked hard to find investment opportunities with companies looking to make a major positive difference in our world and at the same time get comparable returns. I found it here.

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thanks for the review Martin, we really appreciate it! It's awesome that you've made the switch to a fund that aligns with your values. We're glad to have you as a member with us!

Ethical and profitable, a win-win

I moved all of my superannuation over to Australian Ethical in 2019 after some lengthy research because of their ethical stance on divesting from things like fossil fuels and their action on climate change and social justice. It was one of the best financial decisions I've made to date.

Not only are they ethical leaders in the industry, they also have some of the best (and in some portfolio categories, THE best) investment returns Australia-wide, so don't go thinking the ethical choice is always less personally beneficial. The rollover process was incredibly easy, and their website is super user-friendly. Would highly recommend!

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thank you Liz for such a wonderful review. We're proud to have you as a member with us and are glad you made the switch to ethical investing! It truly is a win-win.

Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how Australian Ethical Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Bluechris

BluechrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful ethical super fund with excellent returns

I've been with Australian Ethical for nearly a year and am very happy with their ethics and returns (which have beaten the market). They are very clear about their ethical investment criteria. If all super funds followed their lead, the world would genuinely be a better place.

I like the flexibility to select what % of my super I invest in different sectors e.g. Aus, international etc.

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thanks for much for this great review! We're glad to hear you're happy with the flexibility of choice, returns and, of course ethics that goes with being a member with us. We're happy you're with us too!

Beau

BeauPerth, WA

Same as the others.

No difference between them & most other super companies. Returns might be ok but don’t trust their “ethical” claims. Its all spin & marketing. They’re just as ruthless in their desire to keep & control your money for their own agenda.

Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best move I've made

I have been with AE for only two years, and my investment has grown at almost double the rate of my previous fund, with Australian Shares option providing insanely high returns. It was very easy to switch, and very happy to be investing away from fossil fuels and gambling. A massive win/win. I can't recommend AE highly enough.

Hi Mike
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to have you as a member!

Mandy D.

Mandy D.Sydney, NSW

Piece of Mind

Best super for ethical reasons. Communication excellent and love the community grants. Love the website portal, which is easy to use and easy to understand. Putting my money where my mouth is!!!

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Mandy, thank you for this lovely review. And we're glad you love the Community Grants. It's a great program!

Adam

AdamNortheast, VIC

Very happy customer for at least 5 years

I’ve been with Australian Ethical for at least 5 years now and I’m really happy with the growth of my retirement nest egg. I originally came over to them so that I could sleep better at night knowing that my super wasn’t funding stuff I’m against lol dirty energy and fracking etc, but watching how they’ve performed even through a pandemic has been very reassuring. My super hasn’t taken a massive hit like many friends are telling me theirs has.
AE’s web tools are easy to use too.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hey Adam - what a relief to be able to sleep better at night knowing your super is doing good! We're also really proud that our fund has 'weathered the storm' during these crazy times. Thank you for such kind words.

Josef

JosefSydney, NSW

Excellent service with ethical principles

I have been with Ethical Super for more than 5 years now. They are always upfront about any changes i need to know about and I'm happy with the rate of return my super is getting compared to non ethical super funds.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you for the lovely back!

NLJ

NLJ

Be the change you want to see in the world

Like many people I was outraged by the banking royal commission and rio tinto aboriginal land site blasting, I want nothing to do with these companies and choosing an ethical super product is a no brainer. Together we can make a real difference in changing the way businesses make decisions and operate.

Hey NLJ

You're right, together we can make a difference by investing ethically. Thanks for joining us and helping us to grow the good!

Brittney G

Brittney GSydney, NSW

Good for me and the planet

I've been a member for 6 months now and honestly if knew about Australian Ethical earlier i would have joined years ago. Such a simple way of making maximum impact for the planet and the returns are good too!

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you Brittney for your review! It's great to be able to make a difference together.

Sammy -.

Sammy -.

5 stars

Swapped over to these guys and they have been exceptional right from the get go, very easy sign up process and even managed to roll over my old fund over to them without any hitches along the way

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Sammy, welcome to Australian Ethical! We're so pleased to hear you have an easy time signing up and rolling over your funds.

Unethical

I was given approval from the ATO to withdraw part of my super on compassionate grounds (which is needed for surgery). I emailed through my documentation to have the funds released which was over a month ago. Time after time, I have received emails (the same from different people) telling me there is more to do. The communication is terrible and my funds should have been released weeks ago instead of holding onto it because of the current economy.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Roxanne we're really sorry to hear about your experience trying to withdraw funds on compassionate grounds. Our client services manager will look into this personally for you if you can please email enquiries@australianethical.com.au.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi again Roxanne - we hope you've received your funds, however, our client services manager would like to get in touch to see how we can help you. If you could please send us an email that would be great: enquiries@australianethical.com.au

Ross

RossSydney Surrounds, NSW

The Future of Super is here

Great returns, been with AEF for a number of years. Also now a Shareholder as so confident in their future. Love their constant attention and action on issues. Thats why i joined and will support forever i think.

Brendo

BrendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy, Ethical and Earning aplenty

The process to switch super was simple and fast. Online account management is user friendly.

All Australians must seriously consider switching to an ethical super fund to accelerate our transition to renewable energy.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thanks Brendo for your review and helping us to 'grow the good'!

Buyer3126

Buyer3126

$10 administration fee

Even though the site says there are no fees they handed me a $10 administration fee every month for god knows how long. I also have been a low income earner since i joined them, so it really was chewing into my super. I have moved to another super and wish to forget I was charged so much on my superannuation. Completely unethical scammers.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with us , however administration fees are clearly stated on our website and member communications. Administration fees are a part of having a super fund. We hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Constant lies and will not reply to correspondence. Criminals.

The ato approved my covid relief a month ago. Im in contact with ethical super daily and still have not been paid. They say things like "its being paid and was started on Monday" i asked whether it has left their accounts or not. He says its in "pricing"and cant provide further information. I have been lied to during every phone call. They threatened to hang up numerous ties because i want straight answers. They failed to reply to the numerous emails i sent them in the last few weeks. AVOID THIS COMPANY.THEY WILL CHEAT, LIE AND BE AVOIDANT.I have lodged a formal complaint with AFCA and am considering legal action

Hi Stuart,

We’re glad to hear you’ve finally received the funds, and are very sorry for this experience. We’re reviewing internally to find out what went wrong so we can improve processes like this for our members.

Stuart D.
Stuart D.

Hopefully my next communications are treated more expediently as it is my money after all...

Very unethical - more like it.

Kylie M.
Kylie M.
Richard C.

Richard C.Hobart, TAS

Australian unethical- the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Thieves. Unethical.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Steven we’re sorry for your experience with us and would like to get in touch. Would you mind sending an email to enquiries@australianethical.com.au so our client services manager can work through this for you?

Steven
Steven

Please see all my correspondence sent to and received by Allyson Lowbridge, Chief Customer Officer who has done zip since my first complaint.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi Steven, we understand your frustration and will be escalating this issue. We just need some personal details so we can look into this for you. Could you please email the above address and we'll look into this as a matter of urgency for you.

J. B.

J. B.asked

Who are the investors and shareholders of this super fund?
Where is is situated?
Is this fund investing in offshore companies?

Hi J.B.
Thanks for the questions.
Australian Ethical Investment is a publicly listed company and our shareholders can be anyone. In fact, we have over 9,000 shareholders and investors made up of predominantly individuals and some companies. Our super fund is one of the products offered by Australian Ethical Investment.
Our office is based in Sydney and we operate Australia-wide.
We invest in a broad range of companies that align with our Ethical Charter. These include Australian and international companies. You can see a full breakdown of the companies we invest in here:https://www.australianethical.com.au/personal/ethical-investing/companies-we-invest-in/
We hope that helps.

krizelle anne n.

krizelle anne n.asked

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch.

We offer Superannuation (https://www.australianethical.com.au/super/) and Managed Funds (https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/).

Is there an area of investment you're particularly interested in? You're welcome to give us a call to discuss in more detail:1300 134 337

We hope that helps get you started.

Jimbobaloobop

Jimbobaloobopasked

I have super with AE and I'm now considering putting money into one of the AE managed funds. So far I like the approach AE takes. The fees are pretty high though. How can you justify this?

Hi Jimbobaloobop,
It's always nice to hear that one of our Super members is considering one of our Managed Funds as well! We're glad you like our ethical approach to investing - and you would already be aware of our competitive performance returns.
Fees are about many things, including the level of engagement of the fund managers, and a matter of scale. Australian Ethical has a particularly high level of engagement, because of both our ethical screening, and our active investment style. Despite this, since 2013 we’ve more than halved our fees. It’s just one of the ways that as we grow, we’re making sure to share the benefits with our investors. You might also be interested to know that we are one of the best valued ethical investment funds in Australia when you take into account what our product offers. You may also find that other ‘ethical funds’ may not offer a comprehensive ethical screening process, for example only screening certain negative industries, or best of industry.
You may be interested in some of our wholesale funds, which offer the funds at a substantially reduced fee. You can find more information on our wholesale funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/fees/.
You can find more on the performance of our managed funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/performance-and-returns/
If you want to discuss our investment options, don't hesitate to call us on 1800 021 227.
- Julian at Australian Ethical.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Ethical representatives