Australian Ethical

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Heather

Heather

Super happy to have made the switch!

Really good customer service! It was very easy to switch and consolidate my funds. I'm happy knowing that my money is going into organisations and causes that I actually care about.

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thank you Heather. It makes us happy that you're happy.

Superior Super

Ive been with Australian Ethical for 2 years now and Im not changing for anything.

Changing over was extremely easy, and fast.

When Ive help Ive received excellent customer service.

I can trust that my money isnt supporting dodgy industries that are destroying our beautiful planet.

Rates and Fees
Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear you're happy with us!

Andrew G.

Andrew G.South East Queensland, QLD

Be conscious of where you put your super investment

Rates and Fees
Australian E.Australian Ethical

Thank you Andrew for your feedback. It's great to hear you're happy with our performance and recent awards.

Review womanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not choose this super fund

I have been with this Super for over a year
I regret switching over to them and I will be switching to try another
They do not reply to emails
They are not at all helpful
I am so disappointed
I tried to do the right thing by the planet but unfortunately this super is not good at all
They are not fair or caring
Dont waste your time

Review woman

Hi there you dont reply to emails so theres no point me writing to that email address.

GingerSA

Not 100% cruelty Free

Australian Ethical Super is very misleading.
Unfortunately if you want to make sure a super is 100% cruelty free, you will need to go to a GOOD financial advisor, who will look into things and ask questions and even make phone calls, as my last advisor, told me Australian Ethical Super was good for my needs, but was not. My new advisor is setting me up with Net wealth. I am getting out of Australian Ethical Super as it is NOT 100% cruelty free, but rather 95% as my advisor really did his homework, and finding me the correct fund.
It is also cheaper in fees and returns better and have so many more choices on where to invest your money.

Simpletown W.

Simpletown W.Gippsland, VIC

ZILCH ZIP NADA ZERO

I was an Ethical Super member from day dot when super first came in. I persisted and persisted but they literally gained me ZERO dollars. Bad customer service. Increasing fees with nothing to show for it. My records were always unable to be found because they had changed admin companies. Not ethical in their treatment of long stand members at all. Rolled into a new fund 7 months ago and have now made more in that time THAN LITERALLY YEARS with Australian Ethical

Oneofthemany

OneofthemanySydney, NSW

Terrible performance they always find excuses to increase fees out of the blue, life insurance premiums are hefty.

Four years, they have a bad performance fees >investment returns, loose money instead of making it. I was charged 688 fees on a 6500 account made 50 dollars from investment.

Ralph

Ralphsydney

So far so good

Cameron P.

Cameron P.Northeast, VIC

A super fund that feels good!!!

Chris G

Chris G

Mismanagement at customer expense

Vlad

VladPerth

Australian Unethical Super

Early in 2018 I found out that I was getting charged adviser fees when I have never received or requested any financial advice from Australian Ethical or any other company. When I complained, AE assured me I had authorized deductions some time ago however they were never able to provide any evidence of this 'authorisation'. Despite my complaint they continued to deduct adviser fees on a monthly basis while I still did not receive any service. After a number of calls over +6 months and lodging a complaint they washed their hands and sent me contact details of a financial advisor for me to liaise with to get a refund!!!
My advice to anyone considering joining this super fund is stay away!!!

Hi Vlad

We're sorry you've had this experience. A member from our team is getting in touch with you today with a resolution to this.

Annie-Bee

Annie-BeeAU

The customer service is really terrible, so disappointed

I wanted to do the right thing and change to an ethical fund, but in the process of trying to transfer my account and my insurance I was just met with really bad and condescending customer service. They simply don't care about their customers. I have changed my husband into this fund and made our business fund of choice, but will now change it all over again to a different fund, probably future super which was the other one I was considering. I asked to put in a complain and the person advised me that they will get back to me in 30 days and I can expect up to 90 days for the resolution. I suppose that says a lot about the company.

NickSouth Hobart

What about AMP?

It hasn’t escaped my attention that AE holds investments in AMP and other institutions being investigated by the Royal Commission. I understand that I pay higher fees for a more rigorous screening process. Two questions arise:
1. How effective is the screening if we are investing in so called ethical company’s that admit to breaking the law and behaving unethically towards regulators and customers.
2. How effective is the so called advocacy strategy of buying shares in these big unethical banks to influence behaviour as a shareholder? No very effective it would seem.
I want to believe in AE approach but this undermines my confidence.

Anthony

Anthony

Been with them since 2009 and going well

Rhonda

RhondaMelbourne

AMATEURS

It's impossible to trust a company who can't even get your date of birth correct, due to problems with their online signup process. This may have something to do with their systems 'upgrade' which another reviewer mentions.. :|
I was asked to get certified copies of birth certificate and to "keep checking" my account to see when the update had occurred, and then to again go through the process of rolling over my super.
All this after already arranging the transfer with my payroll team.
I'll try a different ethical fund...they couldn't possibly be worse.

TookstaMelbourne

Unethical Customer Service - if I could rate Zero stars I would

SherinAustralian Ethical

Melisa

MelisaMelbourne

Best Choice

I switched to AE a few years ago and love their service. They recently updated their systems and website making it user friendly and easy to navigate. Cannot recommend them more highly! Fabulous fund with great service!

Ross A

Ross ASydney

My money is well-invested and returns beat the fees

Rob S

Rob SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dysfunctional / limited sense of accountability to customers - I don't trust them with my money

AA1

AA1Sydney, NSW

Very expensive feeds but decided to switch against Super funds investing in tobacco, coal, etc.

It's a small effort, but having some say in where my compulsory investment money goes to- I'd rather it in something sustainable for the future.

krizelle anne n.

krizelle anne n.asked

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

Australian E.Australian Ethical

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch.

We offer Superannuation (https://www.australianethical.com.au/super/) and Managed Funds (https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/).

Is there an area of investment you're particularly interested in? You're welcome to give us a call to discuss in more detail:1300 134 337

We hope that helps get you started.

Jimbobaloobop

Jimbobaloobopasked

I have super with AE and I'm now considering putting money into one of the AE managed funds. So far I like the approach AE takes. The fees are pretty high though. How can you justify this?

Hi Jimbobaloobop,
It's always nice to hear that one of our Super members is considering one of our Managed Funds as well! We're glad you like our ethical approach to investing - and you would already be aware of our competitive performance returns.
Fees are about many things, including the level of engagement of the fund managers, and a matter of scale. Australian Ethical has a particularly high level of engagement, because of both our ethical screening, and our active investment style. Despite this, since 2013 we’ve more than halved our fees. It’s just one of the ways that as we grow, we’re making sure to share the benefits with our investors. You might also be interested to know that we are one of the best valued ethical investment funds in Australia when you take into account what our product offers. You may also find that other ‘ethical funds’ may not offer a comprehensive ethical screening process, for example only screening certain negative industries, or best of industry.
You may be interested in some of our wholesale funds, which offer the funds at a substantially reduced fee. You can find more information on our wholesale funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/fees/.
You can find more on the performance of our managed funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/performance-and-returns/
If you want to discuss our investment options, don't hesitate to call us on 1800 021 227.
- Julian at Australian Ethical.

Norbu

Norbuasked

I would like to know if Australian Ethical discloses 100% of their assets and also if there is any investments linked to Wilson, Broadspectrum or any other torture providers be it onshore or offshore, directly or indirectly? Thanks

SherinAustralian Ethical

Hi Norbu
I am so sorry for not being able to respond to you earlier. Transparency is a key priority at Australian Ethical. That’s why we list the companies we invest in across our investments. To view the companies we invest in, please visit https://www.australianethical.com.au/companies-we-invest-in/.

Sherin at Australian Ethical