Australian Ethical Super

Listing monitored by Australian Ethical

• Rates and Fees
Glen
GlenSydney, NSW

A fantastic and ethical way to save your money for retirement!

I have been with Australian Ethical for about two years and it was very easy to transfer my past funds in to the new account and interesting (and dare I say fun?) to review my investments progress! The performance of my funds have been steadily increasing and knowing it is going to a well-researched group of investments helps me feel a little more secure with the future for not just myself but for the planet as well.

Elliot
ElliotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't want my super with anyone else!

I've been with Australian Ethical since 2015. I love their transparency, values and efforts for the planet and it's inhabitants. Great rates, excellent management options and always good customer service.

Steve G.
Steve G.

This is the best place for my money.

I opened my Australian Ethical Super account 20/08/2013.
It's important to me that my money does no harm so I love the transparency and goodness of AES, also their "Advocacy" option.

Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how Australian Ethical Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Wishing I had made the switch sooner!

I have been with future for over 2 months now. Unlike my previous super, Australian Ethical is transparent about where they invest my money! This was really important to me because I want to know my money isn’t supporting fossil fuels or unethical practices. After spending some time researching which super was right for me, making the switch was so easy it had me kicking myself for not having done picked Australian Ethical sooner. It’s an easy step you can take that makes you feel like you’re doing something positive for the environment without even thinking twice about it during your day.

Great returns and no greenwashing

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Terry
TerryVictoria

Ethical investing AND competitive returns!

I moved to AustEthical about 10 years ago. I was initially attracted by ethical investing and was prepared to forego some returns for that. My partner is with a major industry fund and I consider AustEthical to be just as good, return-wise. We've been retired a few years and my pension with AustEthical fits my needs perfectly.

Sandra
SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Superannuation without suffering - I love it!

Have been with AusEthical for approx 4years sndvam so happy with them. I love that my super $ is not gained from the suffering of animals (live export), environment (fossil fuels, palm oil plantations) etc. I especially love your community grants programme - highlights so many wonderful people and causes that I otherwise would know nothing about. Extra bonus is how the website dashboard lays things out in a simple, readable format for super novices, so much less daunting than other super sites where I've felt I needed to be an accountant to understand. Great work everyone st Ethical Super (terrific service too!)

I feel so much better knowing my super isn’t destroying the future I’m saving for.

I’ve been with AE for about 5 years and I feel their values and mission align with mine. They’re professional but with a heart and my money isn’t destroying or hurting vulnerable places or things.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

We're so glad you chose a super fund that aligns with your values and mission, Nicola! Thanks for being a member with us, and for this lovely review.

Corin
Corin Sydney, NSW

Perfect product for profit and purpose

Great performance and great ethics for a superannuation fund . Australian Ethical has been honing their products for many years and that experience is showing in the growth and results . Also ethical is at the dark green end.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Corin, thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked to hear your positive feedback and are glad to have you as a member with us.

Martin
MartinDarling Downs, QLD

Not only feels good but excellent returns

I transferred my super from another major name fund, as I wanted to invest in one that actually worked hard to find investment opportunities with companies looking to make a major positive difference in our world and at the same time get comparable returns. I found it here.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thanks for the review Martin, we really appreciate it! It's awesome that you've made the switch to a fund that aligns with your values. We're glad to have you as a member with us!

Ethical and profitable, a win-win

I moved all of my superannuation over to Australian Ethical in 2019 after some lengthy research because of their ethical stance on divesting from things like fossil fuels and their action on climate change and social justice. It was one of the best financial decisions I've made to date.

Not only are they ethical leaders in the industry, they also have some of the best (and in some portfolio categories, THE best) investment returns Australia-wide, so don't go thinking the ethical choice is always less personally beneficial. The rollover process was incredibly easy, and their website is super user-friendly. Would highly recommend!

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thank you Liz for such a wonderful review. We're proud to have you as a member with us and are glad you made the switch to ethical investing! It truly is a win-win.

Wozzie
WozzieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful ethical super fund with excellent returns

I've been with Australian Ethical for nearly a year and am very happy with their ethics and returns (which have beaten the market). They are very clear about their ethical investment criteria. If all super funds followed their lead, the world would genuinely be a better place.

I like the flexibility to select what % of my super I invest in different sectors e.g. Aus, international etc.

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Thanks for much for this great review! We're glad to hear you're happy with the flexibility of choice, returns and, of course ethics that goes with being a member with us. We're happy you're with us too!

Beau
BeauPerth, WA

Same as the others.

No difference between them & most other super companies. Returns might be ok but don’t trust their “ethical” claims. Its all spin & marketing. They’re just as ruthless in their desire to keep & control your money for their own agenda.

Mike
MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best move I've made

I have been with AE for only two years, and my investment has grown at almost double the rate of my previous fund, with Australian Shares option providing insanely high returns. It was very easy to switch, and very happy to be investing away from fossil fuels and gambling. A massive win/win. I can't recommend AE highly enough.

Hi Mike
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's great to have you as a member!

Mandy D.
Mandy D.Sydney, NSW

Piece of Mind

Best super for ethical reasons. Communication excellent and love the community grants. Love the website portal, which is easy to use and easy to understand. Putting my money where my mouth is!!!

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Mandy, thank you for this lovely review. And we're glad you love the Community Grants. It's a great program!

Read more reviews - page 2

J. B.
J. B.asked

Who are the investors and shareholders of this super fund?
Where is is situated?
Is this fund investing in offshore companies?

Hi J.B.
Thanks for the questions.
Australian Ethical Investment is a publicly listed company and our shareholders can be anyone. In fact, we have over 9,000 shareholders and investors made up of predominantly individuals and some companies. Our super fund is one of the products offered by Australian Ethical Investment.
Our office is based in Sydney and we operate Australia-wide.
We invest in a broad range of companies that align with our Ethical Charter. These include Australian and international companies. You can see a full breakdown of the companies we invest in here:https://www.australianethical.com.au/personal/ethical-investing/companies-we-invest-in/
We hope that helps.

krizelle anne n.
krizelle anne n.asked

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

Australian EthicalAustralian Ethical

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch.

We offer Superannuation (https://www.australianethical.com.au/super/) and Managed Funds (https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/).

Is there an area of investment you're particularly interested in? You're welcome to give us a call to discuss in more detail:1300 134 337

We hope that helps get you started.

Jimbobaloobop
Jimbobaloobopasked

I have super with AE and I'm now considering putting money into one of the AE managed funds. So far I like the approach AE takes. The fees are pretty high though. How can you justify this?

Hi Jimbobaloobop,
It's always nice to hear that one of our Super members is considering one of our Managed Funds as well! We're glad you like our ethical approach to investing - and you would already be aware of our competitive performance returns.
Fees are about many things, including the level of engagement of the fund managers, and a matter of scale. Australian Ethical has a particularly high level of engagement, because of both our ethical screening, and our active investment style. Despite this, since 2013 we’ve more than halved our fees. It’s just one of the ways that as we grow, we’re making sure to share the benefits with our investors. You might also be interested to know that we are one of the best valued ethical investment funds in Australia when you take into account what our product offers. You may also find that other ‘ethical funds’ may not offer a comprehensive ethical screening process, for example only screening certain negative industries, or best of industry.
You may be interested in some of our wholesale funds, which offer the funds at a substantially reduced fee. You can find more information on our wholesale funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/fees/.
You can find more on the performance of our managed funds here: https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/performance-and-returns/
If you want to discuss our investment options, don't hesitate to call us on 1800 021 227.
- Julian at Australian Ethical.

See all Australian Ethical Super questions