Verifiedaustralianethical.com.au🏆 2024 Award

Simple to sign up

Bill
Bill

Five star Amy!

I've dealt with Amy several times, by chance it seems and she is always pleasant, polite and efficient. Show reply
Mia c
Mia cSouth East Queensland, QLD

Closed my account when I started working for myself

Closed my account and sent my money to the ATO which I now have to go and file a claim for myself - apparently they “couldn’t get a hold of me” so closed my account… Haven’t once been contacted (I’ve had the same email for 8 years and lived in the same house for 24 years so it wouldn’t have been hard to contact me and let me know) but recently started working for myself so haven’t had regular contributions like I did from my old job. I guess they just don’t want customers that aren’t regularly giving them money?
Emily
EmilyGungahlin 2912, ACT2 posts

Would not recommend

Not about the super fund but a managed fund product with AE. I just withdrew my investment due to poor performance comparing to other investment funds. Was asked to provide a recent certified ID to verify my signature. Not sure why they need a recent ID if my old ID is current and has my signature. Also told me they don’t have my ID in file while I understand usually investors have to provide a certified ID to open an account with a new managed fund. It indicates a poor client management system - would not recommend.
Helen Peake
Helen PeakeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts

Just Excellent

Communications from Australian Ethical are excellent, I am never in the dark about anything and this is incredibly important to me as I am nearly 80 yrs old!
Phone contact is always quick and easy, and the help provided by the staff member that I talk to is invariably patient, kind, and complete.

And , of course, I am very happy with the AE products that I use and delighted with the ethical princlples or the organisation.
Many, many, Thanks,
Helen Show reply

Pam H.
Pam H.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Jus DON'T do it

The worst customer service/communication I have ever received. Trying to close an account is the most difficult and stressful thing I have encountered - note other super funds that have been closed have had no problems. All communication is prompted by myself even though I am continually told someone (case manager) will call me back. Very stressful in an already stressful situation. And in my humble opinion totally UNETHICAL.
Bob H
Bob H

Responsible investing

Great to see an AEI representative in the audience of the NAB AGM persistently call out the Board Chairman/CEO? over its procrastination on defunding fossil fuel projects. Keep it up. Show reply
Diggity
Diggity2 posts

They're pretty cool

I've only had good experiences so far. They have pretty good ethical screens - probably the best out there. Wish they were an industry fund so workers had more say.
Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Diggity, we appreciate for the feedback provided. We are glad you have had a good experience so far. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Anya V.
Anya V.
Nathan
Nathan
David
DavidGippsland, VIC

Exceptional service assist me to resolve my issue

Daniel showed intricate product and proceedural knowledge enabling me to navigate cumputer problems logging into my account. I'm currently overseas and needed to speak with somebody as I was at the end of my capacity to find a solution. Daniel was patient and walked me through a protracted issue, helping download google app to verify and authenticate my account from the USA, A great problem solver and interface representing your company Show reply
Cha
Cha2 posts

Missed distributions

It's the second time happening. After changing distributions online to have 50% redistributed onto my bank account, they never transferred the money! I had to follow up with them. They said they had fixed it. Checked again a few weeks later and still not there. Had to chase them again until it got fixed. Six months later again missing distributions! Ridiculous!
Keith P.
Keith P.

Helpful and Accurate Advice on My Super Withdrawal

The employee I spoke to was friendly, knowledgeable and his information proved very accurate. I have always had satisfactory interactions with AEI over the 20 or more years I have been with them. The return made a purchase possible that I had not thought to be! Show reply
Paul O.
Paul O.

Excellent and ethical performance funds

I feel confident and relieved that my portfolio has excellent performance and is not being used to fund orginisations that fuel climate change and biodiversity loss. Thank you AE Show reply
Jenny E
Jenny EGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

lost so much money

i joined a couple of years ago and my balance is lower than what i started with. the videos on the website doesnt explain it and is over complicated. i never had this with my other super fund.
the fees are also very high and I have moved to Australian super
John S.
John S.Western District, VIC2 posts

Great service!!

Absolutely excellent service. Friendly, straightforward, attentive to details, very prompt responses to enquiries. Couldn’t ask for more.

evilkos
evilkos

What is the reason for the sudden spike of reviews in March 2022? There's been 57 reviews that month, compared to the usual 1-3 reviews per month, raising the avg rating from 4.1 to 4.3. Even more suspicious, the only other time this happened was January 2016, which had 67 reviews (among 1-3 reviews per month), and this raised Australian Ethical average rating from 3.1 to 4.6 at the time. I feel like this needs a really good explanation. Is there a place where to read about this? Also did Australian Ethical do any work at all with all the negative feedback, to summarize, explain, show what improvements are planned? The only thing I'm seeing below is "Points of praise" - seems a little bit one sided sitting on a page next to tons of 1-2 star reviews.

Andy
Andy
J. B.
J. B.

Who are the investors and shareholders of this super fund?
Where is is situated?
Is this fund investing in offshore companies?

krizelle anne n.
krizelle anne n.

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

See all Australian Ethical Super questions

About Australian Ethical Super

Australian Ethical Super is a superannuation fund that invests in sustainable companies. It doesn’t invest in fossil fuel companies, weapons manufacturing, or nuclear. It also avoids investing in companies that cause unnecessary harm to animals, and invests in renewable power generation 13 times more than the global share market.

The super fund has a history of good returns, too. The Australian Ethical (Balanced) option scored second highest for investment performance in the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority’s (APRA) annual MySuper Heatmap report in 2021.

With Australian Ethical Super, you can choose from 7 super investment options with varying minimum timeframes and different levels of investment risk.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Australian Ethical Super’s customer service was exceptional, saying that representatives were easy to reach and helpful in dealing with any questions or issues they had.
  • They also reported that their super performed well and that they got great returns.
  • According to reviewers, the process of signing up to Australian Ethical Super was quick and easy. Those who switched over from another fund also said that this was simple to do.
  • Overall, reviewers were happy to be investing in a positive, clean future.