The Better Alternative

Been with Future for 3+ years - transparency is good, accessibility a simple click process and steady growth and returns. As a long standing 'Greenie', matches my investment preferences. Have recommended the fund to others.

They are fantastic

Relatively new client but have appreciated the outstanding professionalism and respect shown. Very easy to set up and maintain. 100% transparent and aligned to my ethics of creating a better planet in terms of mitigating climate change etc.

Can't go wrong

Been with Future Super since they first started 5 years ago. Only criticism would be the process for getting insurance included but otherwise no complaints. Great returns for me. Can sleep a little easier knowing you're supporting an amazing cause.

This is fabulous

I am relieved to have found a place where my super can assist rather than damage our sustainable future on earth. It also seems to protect my funds from the falling value of fossil fuels and associated industries.

Investing in the planet to keep it habitable.

I jumped at the opportunity to join with Future Super, and am very happy that I did. From the beginning it was clear they want to provide a meaningful engaging and transparent service. Changing to Future Super is one simple thing you can do to ensure we have a future on this planet.

I'm very happy with Future Super

I'm happy that my money is being used to facilitate development of renewable energy power generation, & not on fossil fuels. I trust Future Super to make ethical investments on my behalf. The returns are solid, & I find the portal easy to use & understand.

The only super worth considering

There's no super on a a dead planet. If your super isn't fossil-fuel free then there is no future for your super at all. I have been with Future Super from the beginning, and always found them helpful and easy to deal with.

Love what they do with my money

If I'm going to give my money to a super fund then I want to know they invest it wisely and will support the future of a healthy planet. Therefore choosing Future Super was a very easy choice for me. I also don't have time to waste trying to work around complicated web sites with to much jargon, the future super platform is very easy to use.

Perfect way of making my money count for something worthwhile

Great fund so far in regards to ease of joining, simplicity and design of website, portfolio options and fees (slightly more than the industry standard but a small price to pay to ease my conscience). Not been with them long enough to grade fund performance.

Income Protection
Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you (and also really looking forward to your update on grading our performance).

thumbs up for conscious super

I feel this is a great way to invest my super and support mother earth. It was quick and simple to sign up. I hope more people switch to this form of conscious superheat cares for the planet. Thank you

You know what, Sam? Thank YOU. We're so glad to have you on board.

So glad I made the switch!

I have just transferred my super over to Future Super. They are so much more engaging than my previous fund, letting me know of any administrative changes and what my money is being used to fund. Fees are reasonable, and it looks like the fund will outperform my previous one. Most importantly for me my money is no longer being used to fund fossil fuels and other harmful industries and is actively supporting the transition to renewables.

Income Protection
Welcome aboard, Damien! We're so stoked to have you. Thanks for the love.

Great fund to take money out of earth exploiting companies

Joined only a month ago.
Best fund if you care about the environment and to be part of a change movement. Your dollars count! Investments seem to be legit so far.

Hey Leo, thanks for the love! Your dollars do count, and we're so stoked you're using them to do good.

Ethical and website works well

Ethical and oriented towards renewables.
Friendly helpful people at helpdesk.
Website works well.
Best ethical fund available in my view, and I have tried four of them.
I have been with Future Super for over a year – have made a contribution each year and in addition one rollover.

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for the stellar feedback. We're so glad you're enjoying being with us.

Great idea but the fees are ridiculous

The fees on even the basic passive index fund are 14 times higher than the equivalent fund at hostplus which is almost identical. All Future Super has done is taken the ASX200 and removed some companies that are bad for the environment. That shouldn't cost 14 times the alternative.

Their other funds have fees approaching 2%. That is out on the extremes of fees for superfunds in Australia. It's unclear how this is justified. High fees over time eat a huge amount of your retirement savings. I've tried to contact the company to ask about these issues but have received no reply.

I LOVE the idea of driving change via our super, and badly want to join a superfund that uses my money to invest in renewable energy. However I think this fund is exploiting people's goodwill in order to make themselves rich. If they really cared about the environment as their primary concern, they would set the fees much much lower, in line with other super funds, so that more people joined. Why does it cost 14 times the alternative to remove a handful of companies from a passive index fund? It doesn't. Why then are they charging that much?

Hi Tim, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We believe in the work we do, and we know we do it well. We invest lots of time and resources into our ethical screening process, making sure our investments are aligned with our members' values, and monitor the companies we invest in to ensure they continue to uphold these values. While this is a cost, it is a vital element of our commitment to our members. Our fees sit within the moderate bracket for ethical funds, which does sit higher than some industry super funds. We recently introduced an initiative where our members who have balances less than $6,000 will not be charged our dollar-based admin fee. This is an improvement on our older policy which was to not charge this fee for members with balances below $1000. This protects our lower balance members and helps their balance to grow. In addition to this, we also offer a rebate of the dollar-based fee to our members who are on parental leave as we believe our members shouldn’t be penalised for taking time out of the workforce. Deep ethical screening takes time and money, and our fast growing fund is smaller than most industry funds, while some industry funds are among the largest financial institutions on the planet. As Future Super grows, it is our intention to steadily reduce fees where and when we can, and we've already had a fee reduction last year. You can see all of our fees here: https://www.myfuturesuper.com.au/options/overview If you have any other feedback for us, or you’d like to chat further, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1300 658 422 or shoot us an email at info@myfuturesuper.com.au

Finally a super company with ethics and transparency

It's great to find a super company that shares the same environmental values as me without compromising the bottom line return. I joined just over 2 years ago and have never looked back.

Income Protection
Yes, Adrian! This is amazing to hear and we're so glad that we're on the same page. So good to have you onboard.

I feel at home with Future Super

I have been with Future Super since July 2015 and have never regretted making the move. It is reassuring to be with fund which ploughs it investments into renewables and ethical companies.
Whenever I have made contact, the staff have been prompt, friendly and helpful.
I am satisfied with return on investment and have encouraged others to join Future Super.

Hey there Maarten! Isn't this just the loveliest feedback, we're so chuffed that you feel at home with us. You're amazing, keep it up.

A super fund that is both ethically AND financially sound :D

This is my third year with Future Super, and so far I've been happy with everything. Not only are they ethically and financially sound, but I also found their processes to be incredibly transparent - which I really loved.

THREE YEARS?! You're basically a Future Super elder at this point — we're so glad you're on board.

Divesting from fossil fuels

Very glad to have my super divested from fossil fuels. Have been with future super for about 4 years. Returns seem good, in line with other funds from what I can tell. Website is very user friendly. Very happy.

Hi Ben, 4 years is a very long time in Future Super land and we're so glad that you're very happy with us. We're very happy with you, too.

My Choice

From what I've heard and read about this Superannuation fund is that it's most likely the most forward-thinking fund that there is. I was tossing up between Australian Ethical Superfund and Future Super and after sitting on the fence for a while I decided that I would take the most aggressive stance I could, that being the Renewables Plus Option from Future Super. The primary reason for doing so is that I want to do whatever I can to increase the probability of living in a sustainable environment when I get to my retirement age.

If there is no action today, there will (most likely) be no point in getting to tomorrow.

+ Having a B Corp Impact Score of 129.7 doesn't hurt either :)
(https://bcorporation.net/directory/future-superannuation-holdings-pty-ltd)

Hi Alex, it's pretty cool to have people as climate-savvy as you onboard with us. And you're right, what's the point of having snazzy savings to retire with if you haven't got a healthy planet to retire on to?! You're right on the money with this one! We're glad to have you.

Smart thinking for the future.

A smart and thoughtful investment system for our super funds. Divesting from fossils is a marvelous idea. We cannot continue with the current ideals of tear everything up and burn as quick as possible for short term profits of a few.

Hey Ian, divesting from fossil fuels is definitely a marvellous idea. We're so glad to have you with us.

I am happy with my current super fund but I am researching Life/TPD insurance options through super. Does anyone have insurance through this super fund and if so how has your experience been so far?

Hi I am a Future Super member. While I love the ethical side of it and returns are good so far, the fees are very high. Do you anticipate that these might reduce as the fund acquires more members and the set up costs are reduced?
I'm looking for an answer to this, too. I recently rolled my super into this fund because of some good reviews, but I'm disappointed that the fees are so high, and no one seems to answer this point when it is raised. I may roll over my super to another fund unless I get some satisfactory answers.Hi Lauren, we're glad you're liking the ethics and the returns! Here's some info regarding our fees: Firstly, we believe in the work we do, and we know we do it well. We invest lots of time and resources into our ethical screening process, making sure our investments are aligned with our members' values, and monitor the companies we invest in to ensure they continue to uphold these values. While this is a cost, it is a vital element of our commitment to our members. Our fees sit within the moderate bracket for ethical funds, which does sit higher than some industry super funds. We recently introduced an initiative where our members who have balances less than $6,000 will not be charged our dollar-based admin fee. This is an improvement on our older policy which was to not charge this fee for members with balances below $1000. This protects our lower balance members and helps their balance to grow. In addition to this, we also offer a rebate of the dollar-based fee to our members who are on parental leave as we believe our members shouldn’t be penalised for taking time out of the workforce. Deep ethical screening takes time and money, and our fast growing fund is smaller than most industry funds. In answer to your question: yes! As Future Super grows, it is our intention to steadily reduce fees where and when we can, and we've already had a fee reduction last year. If you have any other feedback for us, or you’d like to chat further, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1300 658 422 or shoot us an email at info@myfuturesuper.com.auThanks for your response! Appreciate the additional info.

Would really like to be in an ethical fund. What guarantee do you give Lily
I know about the Director from previous dealings, before Future Super, and also on the recommendation of reputable people in another organisation, 350.org.