Avanti Explorer 8 C

Avanti Explorer 8 C

See the Best Mountain Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

perfect(cant live without it)

just paradise and you wont belive how comfy it you bacically sink into it and the wind on your face is like having soft cat along your face I brought it recently and I cant leave alone 2 years ago I thought it was rubbish and then when I got it out and done stuff to it it worked a treat.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Good no nonsense bike

I have added a comfy seat, double panniers, nordlicht dynamo and Busch und muller LED lights from Dutch Bike Bits (a lot easier to push than dynamos of old and the lights are great for zipping and whooshing around bike paths at night). Low gear isn't quite as low nor top quite as high as a chain geared bike but good enough. Mud guards are good for wet weather or wet grass in winter.

Tyres seem puncture proof, broken glass a number of times and no problems, recommend pump up to 85 psi, easy to push, narrow enough to be easy to push and still wide enough to ride across gravel paths and across the odd grassy stretch..

Very comfortable upright bike. Brakes are very good wet or dry.
Just a good all round honest bike.
A good honest low maintenance, comfy up right solid bike.
Swapped the rectal examining seat for a comfy seat. May be a bit heavy but I love the mud guards, rack etc so can't complain.

Love it !

I bought it recently and do 75-100km per week. First bike since I left school 40 years ago.I was a bit worried about my ability to ride to work and back 25 km with some steep hills. Found that I do the trip quite easily. Smooth gear shift.
Good overall performer - value for money