Baby Lock BLCS-2 Coverstitch

Baby Lock BLCS-2 Coverstitch

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Baby Lock? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Perfect stitch every time

Have not had this machine long but has stitched all knits and hems perfectly. Also have the knit binder attachment . Also has a perfect chain stitch. No broken threads or skipped stitches.

Purchased in February 2020.

Rainny b
Rainny b

Amazing machine

Although this cost me a small fortune, i think it was well worth it, i have had mine a year and could not be happier. It has taken my garments from that home made look to very professional. It handles all kinds of fabric types with ease and super easy to use and thread.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
clutchgirl
clutchgirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simply the best!

GijamHunter Region, NSW

The Rolls Royce Of Sewing Machines!

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Baby Lock BLCS-2 Coverstitch compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

TinaO
TinaOasked

Have just got my BLCS2 it came with a binder attachment but no instructions on how to use it. I’ve never owned a coverstitch before and don’t know where to begin. How many needles do I use, do I need to change settings? I’ve tried looking on YouTube without any luck. Due to COVID lockdown I can’t take any lessons. Amy help and guidance would be so appreciated! Tina

Susan
Susan

Hello TinaO. I used two needles. Left and centre. So a narrow cover stitch. Did not need to alter anything but may depend on the fabric. My binder has instructions on how wide to cut binding strip. It took a lot of practice. There are sites online if you keep searching on how to use a knit binder. Some binders seem to work best on woven fabrics.

Lynn G.asked

Hi All,
Is the Babylock specifically for stretch fabrics? I want a machine for both stretch and non stretch, quilting and normal sewing etc?
Thanks in advance
LynnG

Hi Lynn,
The machine stitches every fabric I’ve thrown at it! She’s a few years old now & done many kilometres & is still as good as new. Just cover stitched rain coat fabric & all good. Just make sure you use good quality thread & change needles, don’t let them get burred, bent or blunt. I just love her!!
Cheers.

Thankyou Gijam
Also is thickness a problem ie binding a quilt etc? Thankyou

DNeesha
DNeeshaasked

I am having real trouble hemming a modal dress I am taking up for a friend. The looper thread seems to be a tangled mess on the back. Have changed the needles to new stretch in a smaller size, re-threaded and adjusted the tensions numerous ways! Does it need a service? Or is modal the issue? Any tips appreciated

See all Baby Lock BLCS-2 Coverstitch questions