Elna 664 / 664 Pro

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance
Di H.

Di H.North Queensland, QLD

A great work horse, love it

I have made over 150 three layer masks, heavy duty bags and lightweight materials and love it. Best to watch a video to thread - look on you tube, it really is a breeze to thread. Tension is easily adjusted if need be. Yet to use some of the functions, very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2020 at Spotlight for $450.00.

Namo

NamoRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good design.

I was told this is the same machine although it looks a bit different... This is my first overlocker and I've been very pleased with the way it functions. It gets clunky with extra heavyweight fabric but anything thinner than a single layer towel is a breeze. The only design flaws I notice are 1. The tools are stored internally where there are many moving parts so if one were to fall out it could cause serious damage (as mine did)... And 2. The hooks that keep the off-cut catcher attached are SO fickle. Just look at it wrong and it will topple off and spill cuttings everywhere lol https://streamable.com/kkckyn

Purchased in January 2020 at Spotlight Retail Stores.

Leonie D.

Leonie D.Hunter Region, NSW

Stitch length and Diff not working after a rolled hem

Up till now my Elna 664pro has been wonderful. But after doing a rolled hem (that was beautiful) the machine no longer adjusts stitch length and the differential also not working. I am not new to sewing, taught dressmaking and overlocking techniques at an evening college for 18 years. Updated to Elna pro from Elna 614DE that I gave way as it was still in good condition. I have a Janome Cover pro 1000CP as well as a Singer Serger and Janome sewing machine both 30 years old. The problem Elna 664 PRO is stitching well but no stitch length or differential... I will get onto Elna tomorrow but wonder anyone else experienced this???

Purchased in June 2018 at Spotlight Retail Stores.

Find out how Elna 664 / 664 Pro compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

I haven't used it a lot but when I do am very pleased with its operation

I have one big fault with it and that is rethreading the lower looper. until I got on your website and saw the lady doing it. Your instructions in your manual in this regard are not easy to understand. Your need a picture, or at least a video to show how it is done.

Purchased in May 2012 at Elizabeth sewing centre - Hobart.

Sewing Experience LevelAdvanced

PegasusGreat Southern, WA

WONDERFUL MACHINE

Not being a fan of Janome, I surprised myself ending up with this overlocker. However, it has been terrific and sewn all types of fabrics for me. I use it regularly and pre-sew all my seams with it when making clothing of all types. It glides like a breeze through any type of material, even the sheerest of sheers. I just love this machine, this is a keeper and wouldn't want to ever part with it. Very happy and have owned it now for around 3 years.

Purchased in September 2015 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $499.00.

PatNorth Queensland, QLD

my New overlocker

I had my old Janome overlocker for 20 years, this one surpasses the Janome,it is excellent. I haven’t used all the options yet but the sewing it has done is perfect. St this time I have only made baby clothes. It I intend to make much more now, it is a pleasure to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Emily D.

Emily D.Canberra 2600, ACT

Workhorse machine. Very happy after nearly 3 years of frequent use.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Very pleased

I have always been pleased with the Elba sewing machine hence choosing the Elna 664 Pro overlocker. I like how all the settings are displayed on the machine it saves reading the book! It took me a while to work out how to thread it but after that I haven’t looked. A good machine at a reasonable price for an occasional sewer like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
frayah

frayahVictoria, Australia

WONDERFUL!

Elna 664 PRO overlocker is easy to thread compared to my pretty old model. It makes perfect overlock stitches with almost any thread and easily transforms from 4/3 thread overlock to rolled edge and there are many specialty feet available. It is stable and has minimal vibration even when run at full speed but I do suggest that one does not run an overlocker at full speed as doing so may cause skipped stitches. The PRO is well engineered and built. I got it at a Spotlight sale and as a VIP there was a second discount...great value.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Woody

Woody

This is an exceptional Overlocker Machine!

This machine is easy to thread, it makes perfect overlock stitches with almost any thread, it easily transforms from 4/3 thread overlock to rolled edge and there are many specialty feet available for the 664 Pro. It is designed to have minimal vibration even when run at full speed (however I do suggest on does not run an overlocker at full speed, doing so avoids skipped stitches). This model is well built, well engineered and is usually sold at a great value.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Wonderful simple overlocker

This machine really gets you making things without needing to refer to the manual too often. It stitches beautifully and is quiet. I am delighted with it.

Straightforward to thread. The built in dial is low tech but genius. Also, the on-board storage is a huge plus for messy people like me.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Karen

Karen

Love it!

The perfect partner for my Elna sewing machine. So easy to use, so easy to retension and change threads. The instruction panel on the front sold me when I was comparing different brands and models. Seriously, couldn't be a better machine. And I got it on sale at Spotlight before the price went up another hundred dollars.
Very Very Happy

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Can't use it

Ever since new the tension is wrong. I live in th wheat belt wa. I took it to our nearest sewing machine shop (not elna) and they had trouble and it is still not right. Unable to use on good projects. Because of where i live it is hard to get anyone to help.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Fun Fun Fun!!!

I've never owned or used an overlocker so this was quite an adventure! This machine is fabulous, especially for someone who has never used one.. the threading is self explanatory, really easy with the colour coding. I bought it without having a lesson and I was up and running trying all the different programmes within an hour. Highly recommend this machine. Just follow the directions on the program screen and off you go. One very very happy lady..:)

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great Overlocker

I bought my Elna 664 Pro back in 2013. I immediately went to an "Learn your Overlocker" class and haven't looked back. I am now in a sewing group and the only one with this Overlocker and the others are all jealous. The thing that most of them like is the fact that the needles pop out for you to either replace or just for the ease of threading and the fact that it is whisper quiet compared to theirs. I have just had it serviced for the first time (I know naughty) and the man who serviced it commented on what a good machine it was. Very Happy!

Date PurchasedSept 2013

Samie

Samie

so easy to use

im a TOTAL newbie to overlockers but thought id go PRO 2grow into it-the front panel tells u what setting to put on, you dont even have to think! its not so noise either ,BEST investment! love it-only thing lacks dvd=/ and not many youtube videos either but still LOVE it!!

Invincible

InvincibleAU

Wonderful Machine - Runs Nice and Quietly

hebbs

hebbsOakleigh

Excellent Machine - Easy to set up and Use

So glad i took the plunge

I recently bought an ELNA 664 overlocker. Once I had mastered the threading of it I was on my way. I am an experienced sewer but new to overlockers so I am still learning the different things I can do on my machine. I Love the Elna overlocker machine and would recommend it. However, I think an instructional CD should be included in the box, This would have been a great benefit for a new user like myself. Other than that a great machine.

Nice machine - inadequate manual rather get the pro

I made a mistake and bought this machine online to be delivered in Australia. I didn't realise there was a 664PRO. My mistake. I have just been for a lesson - just as well because the manual is totally inadequate for anyone who has never used an overlocker. Only get the PRO if you need an overlocker like this - it gives one the little screens that explain the needle and tension settings and a lot of worthwhile additional features. Worth every cent. I will re-write my own manual because one forgets in between uses!