2Elna 664 / 664 Pro

83% · 203 · 13%

3.2
4.5
4.4
Threading machine is a breeze
Effectively serges a variety of fabrics
Easy to adjust tension

Joseph VWide Bay-Burnett, QLD7 posts
Teeni Christina B.
Teeni Christina B.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Lasted 3 uses before packing it in

Bought on sale from spotlight.
Worked fine the first time
A little noisy the second time
3rd time was louder and more threatening than a freight train in steroids
Return process was excruciating despite the unit being less than a month old- was VERY disappointed with this given the excellence if my other Elna machines over many decades.  Show details
Di H.
Di H.North Queensland, QLD2 posts
  664 Pro

A great work horse, love it

I have made over 150 three layer masks, heavy duty bags and lightweight materials and love it. Best to watch a video to thread - look on you tube, it really is a breeze to thread. Tension is easily adjusted if need be. Yet to use some of the functions, very happy with this purchase. Show details
Namo
NamoRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts

Good design

I was told this is the same machine although it looks a bit different... This is my first overlocker and I've been very pleased with the way it functions. It gets clunky with extra heavyweight fabric but anything thinner than a single layer towel is a breeze. The only design flaws I notice are 1. The tools are stored internally where there are many moving parts so if one were to fall out it could cause serious damage (as mine did)... And 2. The hooks that keep the off-cut catcher attached are SO fickle. Just look at it wrong and it will topple off and spill cuttings everywhere lol https://streamable.com/kkckyn Show details
Leonie D.
Leonie D.Hunter Region, NSW2 posts
  664 Pro

Stitch length and Diff not working after a rolled hem

Up till now my Elna 664pro has been wonderful. But after doing a rolled hem (that was beautiful) the machine no longer adjusts stitch length and the differential also not working. I am not new to sewing, taught dressmaking and overlocking techniques at an evening college for 18 years. Updated to Elna pro from Elna 614DE that I gave way as it was still in good condition. I have a Janome Cover pro 1000CP as well as a Singer Serger and Janome sewing machine both 30 years old. The problem Elna 664 PRO is stitching well but no stitch length or differential... I will get onto Elna tomorrow but wonder anyone else experienced this??? Show details
Mrs Aileen Hursey
Mrs Aileen Hursey
  664 Pro

I haven't used it a lot but when I do am very pleased with its operation

I have one big fault with it and that is rethreading the lower looper. until I got on your website and saw the lady doing it. Your instructions in your manual in this regard are not easy to understand. Your need a picture, or at least a video to show how it is done. Show details
Pegasus
PegasusGreat Southern, WA13 posts

WONDERFUL MACHINE

Not being a fan of Janome, I surprised myself ending up with this overlocker. However, it has been terrific and sewn all types of fabrics for me. I use it regularly and pre-sew all my seams with it when making clothing of all types. It glides like a breeze through any type of material, even the sheerest of sheers. I just love this machine, this is a keeper and wouldn't want to ever part with it. Very happy and have owned it now for around 3 years. Show details
Pat
PatNorth Queensland, QLD12 posts

my New overlocker

I had my old Janome overlocker for 20 years, this one surpasses the Janome,it is excellent. I haven’t used all the options yet but the sewing it has done is perfect. St this time I have only made baby clothes. It I intend to make much more now, it is a pleasure to use.

Emily D.
Emily D.Canberra 2600, ACT8 posts
Susan
Susan

Very pleased

I have always been pleased with the Elba sewing machine hence choosing the Elna 664 Pro overlocker. I like how all the settings are displayed on the machine it saves reading the book! It took me a while to work out how to thread it but after that I haven’t looked. A good machine at a reasonable price for an occasional sewer like me.

frayah
frayahVictoriaAustralia26 posts

WONDERFUL!

Elna 664 PRO overlocker is easy to thread compared to my pretty old model. It makes perfect overlock stitches with almost any thread and easily transforms from 4/3 thread overlock to rolled edge and there are many specialty feet available. It is stable and has minimal vibration even when run at full speed but I do suggest that one does not run an overlocker at full speed as doing so may cause skipped stitches. The PRO is well engineered and built. I got it at a Spotlight sale and as a VIP there was a second discount...great value.

Woody
Woody7 posts
  664 Pro

This is an exceptional Overlocker Machine!

This machine is easy to thread, it makes perfect overlock stitches with almost any thread, it easily transforms from 4/3 thread overlock to rolled edge and there are many specialty feet available for the 664 Pro. It is designed to have minimal vibration even when run at full speed (however I do suggest on does not run an overlocker at full speed, doing so avoids skipped stitches). This model is well built, well engineered and is usually sold at a great value.

Deborah8
Deborah8Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Wonderful simple overlocker

This machine really gets you making things without needing to refer to the manual too often. It stitches beautifully and is quiet. I am delighted with it.

Straightforward to thread. The built in dial is low tech but genius. Also, the on-board storage is a huge plus for messy people like me.

Karen
Karen3 posts

Love it!

The perfect partner for my Elna sewing machine. So easy to use, so easy to retension and change threads. The instruction panel on the front sold me when I was comparing different brands and models. Seriously, couldn't be a better machine. And I got it on sale at Spotlight before the price went up another hundred dollars.

Very Very Happy

Lyon
Lyon

Can't use it

Ever since new the tension is wrong. I live in th wheat belt wa. I took it to our nearest sewing machine shop (not elna) and they had trouble and it is still not right. Unable to use on good projects. Because of where i live it is hard to get anyone to help.

Peggy G
Peggy G · 664 / 664 Pro

I have an Elna 664 Pro serger. I have followed all of the instructions in the manual but can't get the rolled hem to roll. Any suggestions?

chanathipt19
chanathipt19 · 664 / 664 Pro

I want to see the information for step to sewing

Marj B.
Marj B. · 664 / 664 Pro

what is the price

Joseph V

google your area. Join spotlight to get discounts on stuff if they have the best price but I waited till they had a sale and got over $100 off.

Features:

• The Elna 664 and the Elna 664 Pro are overlockers that both have adjustable foot pressure and electronic foot control, letting you adjust the speed of your overlocking so you can finish seams efficiently and comfortably.
  • A self-threading lower looper on both models does some of the work for you.
  • Colour-coded threading routes help you easily track where each thread (you can use 3 or 4 simultaneously) goes, making threading the machine easier.
  • Both models come with an exclusive Elna accessory box and a dust cover, so that you can keep your haberdashery organised and your machine clean.
  • The Elna 664 Pro has all the features of the Elna 664, but also has automatic tension release, a tilting needle clamp, a pre-tension slider, and a waste tray, letting you more easily guide fabric through the machine and keep your work area tidy.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Elna 664 and 664 Pro were a breeze to thread. This was partly thanks to the colour-coded components that made it easy to follow where thread had to go.
  • Reviewers also found that the machine could effectively serge a variety of fabrics, from delicate silks to more heavy-duty, upholstery fabrics.
  • They found that it was easy to adjust the settings, particularly the tension of the threads.
Compare all Elna 664 / 664 Pro listings