Janome MyLock 644D

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance
Missy

MissyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can’t believe I waited so long to get an over locker!

Purchased in January 2021 at Metro Sewing Centres.

STB

STBGold Coast

Hasn’t missed a beat

I have owned this overlocker for a number of years and it still going strong. Much easier to thread the lower looper than the model below it due to being able to flick out a particular hook to get to it. Well worth the extra money from the model below just for that feature. I’ve sewn everything from swimwear to curtains on this machine and I’ll always happy with the results.

Date PurchasedJuly 2012

HanNatNana

Great overlocker, highly recommended.

Purchased in May 2019.

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Janome MyLock 644D compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Woody

This really is a good serger

This is my "go-to-sewing-group" machine. It does a great job, it is easy to transport. It is easy to use. It is easy to thread. NO: it is not the best overlocker I own but it has never failed me. I would recommend this model to anyone. I am not the original owner of this machine but, when I had it serviced, the technician told me it was a very good machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
katrmita

katrmitaSouth Australia

Does the job

Upgraded to this overlocker on advice that it is much better than what I had. It is easier to thread (but still a pain) and for what I needed it for, I really can't say that it is that much better. I use it mainly for basic overlocking on light weight materials and it does do a great job. I could not do without it.

Ania

AniaAU

yep Janome is going cheap and poor quality

Tomato

TomatoPerth

Fantastic unit, especially for the beginner.

J. halls

J. hallsKYABRAM

Wouldn't recommend it. Ok for beginner!

I have been disappointed when changing the stitching to rolled hem as the plate has now become loose and cannot be tightened, this has caused the needle to break. I had it repaired and still it's the same. I found my older 3 thread machine (20yrs old, to be designed better) I am currently looking to upgrade. I will be doing my research, when it comes to looking at the quality of the make

Can't do with out it it is so simple and easy to use

It is so easy to use and thread up makes life so easy and you can do so many things on it it is one of the best machines janome has ever made and as far as i am conserend no home should be with out one i also like a cabinet for same it is a excelent machine could not ask for better
Reliable and very impressive and efficient warranty and service is the best in australia good and helpful

Bong Dang
Bong Dang

What is the price?

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Janome MyLock 644D compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

LiaAmie

LiaAmieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This make my sewing so much easy!

Love it, it make all my sewing just so mucth better, and the DVD instruction just a bonus, love this machine, made my son's pants in 30 mins.. owesome
save me heaps of times.

Good

GS211727

GS211727

Good

Great value for money, easy to use and scores brownie points with the ladies in the office when I can do things they don't have time for.
It is fairly idiot proof...I am a bloke and I can use it
Threading the thing , I had to read the manual

Milo
Milo

I found these reviews very helpful as I am looking to buy one and am fairly sure I will get one of these.

Sharn1961

Sharn1961

Great machine easy to use, threads great,sews very well. Have had a Janome before and I would not buy any other brand. They last for a long time and are top quality.
Price got it on special

Raylene Taylor

Raylene Taylorasked

I am after a foot controller for a Janome My lock 644D I have misplaced mine. My email address is [contact details removed] and on Christchurch New Zealand, my cell is [contact details removed]

Ronni F.

Ronni F.asked

What's the difference between the blue one and they grey spotty one?

HanNatNana

Blue was the original colour on this model and gold is the more recent, both machines are identical. Having said that, the gold decals are totally covered when the waste bin is connected so you don't even see it, the blue model has another decal on the waste bin.

Personally I don't like the blue but that's just personal preference, as this model is simple to thread and use, and more importantly stitches perfectly. HTH

Louisa Oneill

Louisa Oneillasked

HI I live in Southport area, I bought a Janome 644D have had it a few years, and hardly used it. I need to use it now, but am unsure how, and also the adjustments of the stitches. I need help or a few lessons. Does anyone know as to where I can get some lessons?
Thanks Louisa

HanNatNana

YouTube has quite a few videos. You could also get in touch with the dealer where you purchased it, they may have classes...can't be sure, but would be worth asking. Good luck ;-)

Woody

Outside of your dealer I would suggest YouTube videos on how to use an overlocker.

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers