Janome 1600 Professional

Janome 1600 Professional

1600P-QC, 1600P, 1600P-DB, etc...

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Peggy M.South East Queensland, QLD

A true Workhorse

I purchased this machine four years ago. This is a fantastic WORKHORSE. I am a quilter and piecing is a breeze. Never jams, always a beautiful stitch, and immediate pick up on pressing the foot pedal. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product. Free motion quilting is so achievable with the wide throat. I make around 20 quilts a year, and free motion quilt all of them.

Purchased in January 2016.

Laurelle CMelbourne

Love Love this machine

Lumpy202

Lumpy202Canberra

Sew Simple Canberra - Bad after sale service

Great machine - although the staff at Sew Simple Canberra are untrained in this unit and are unhelpful if you have after sales requirements. It was disappointing to see a good product so poorly supported by uninterested staff who I believe have let down their customers (although they happy to take your money) and Janome.
Easy to use
Bad warranty service from Sew Simple Canberra

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Janome 1600 Professional compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Love it, excellent machine

I love this machine. I originally bought it for patchwork and quilting but use it for everything. It sews beautifully and is fast on the straight seams. It sews long straight seams nicer than my other machine. It is easy to use and easy to maintain. I would recommend it to sewers. It is called my workhorse.
sews a lovely straight stitch, fast, easy to use and maintain.

best machine on the market today that does all my sewing and quilting. Very well priced and very easy to use.
very easy to use, very easy to control when free motion quilting, you can go as fast or as slow as you like and it winds for bobbin with a separated motor
there not 1 thing I dislike about this machine

Quiltingcow
Quiltingcow

I love this machine. I bought it for patchwork and quilting but use it for everything. It has a fantastic straight stitch and is really fast on long seams.

Steven W.asked

1600 Professional

Is this a Janome HD9 now ??

Steven, unfortunately I don't know. Try ringing a Janome dealer

Laurelle C

Hi Steven, I had to google what a Janome HD9 is! This HD9 appears to be a new upgrade for essentially the same machine as mine. There only seems to be a couple of differences in the descriptions of both machines these being the HD9 has 1/2" less in the throat space but it has a larger bobbin for greater thread capacity. According to when I wrote my review I have had my machine for 6 years and I am still incredibly happy with it. It is a work horse and is in constant use as I have made hundreds of quilts. I still highly recommend it. With the release of the HD9 you might find good deals on the 1600P but if you want the bonus longer lasting bobbins then get the HD9. I am assuming it would be just as good as the 1600P but haven’t had personal experience with it though. Hope this helps :-)

Steven W.

Thank you Very much Laurelle C.

Sharon L.

Sharon L.asked

1600P-QC

When using my machine with a stitch regulator I keep getting tangles of top thread on the underside of the quilt. I have tried adjusting the top thread tension, but no matter which way I turn the knob it still tangles. Any ideas?

Cindy H.asked

1600 Professional

Does this machine come with a 1/4 inch foot

Laurelle C

The standard foot the machine comes with is 1/4 inch but it doesn't have a guide on the side. You can purchase a 1/4 inch foot with the side guide for this machine. I mostly use the cloth seam guide that comes with the machine and the standard foot. This is a metal guide that screws into the bed of the machine next to your foot. Another foot worth purchasing is the walking foot. This is essential if you want to quilt your own quilts with straight lines. It is also fantastic when attaching bindings or just for sewing multiple layers together. I still sew on my machine nearly every day. It is a real work horse and has not given me any problems. I make quilts and it is the perfect machine for quilters. Check out this review https://houseofmeggs.com/janome-1600p-qc-straight-stitch-machine-and-kit-review/

Cindy H.

Thanks Laurelle, much appreciated. it sounds perfect for what I love sewing which is piecing and free motion quilting.

Compare all 5 Janome 1600 Professional

No reviews yet
Janome 1600P-DBX

Janome 1600P-DBX

No reviews yet
CategorySewing Machines & OverlockersSewing Machines & OverlockersSewing Machines & OverlockersSewing Machines & Overlockers
Price (RRP)1599