Janome My Excel 3018 (MW18)

Janome My Excel 3018 (MW18)

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve W.

Steve W.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother they're crap

After my wife owning one of these for 25+ years.
We took it to see about getting it serviced, the bloke said it could be expensive due to it's age. Based on this she purchase a new one.
What a pile of crap it is. Very clangy and gathers under the stitch and bobbin will only half fill. (The old one still runs so smooth)
The shop didn't want to know us after getting our money, he says it's a user issue.
She now goes to a sewing group, there are a number of very experienced sewers there and all say no it's the machine, Take it back.
She has now said she will never purchase another Janome.

Purchased in December 2018 at Allcraft sewing Tweed Heads.

Noise Level
Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Intermediate

Bought a used one from an opshop. Love the thing!

I have no idea how old this Janome is, nor do I know if the previous owner loved or abused it, but I have had it for almost 7 years now. It was stored in a homemade outdoor shed for the past year and it was with trepidation that I took it out today to sew. There were mouldy spots on the machine, most of which I removed with a rag. Then....she sewed beautifully!! I might just have it serviced now.

Purchased in January 2013 at A second hand shop for $45.00.

Safety
Thick Fabric Performance
Sewing Experience Level Advanced

So far so excellent

I do alterations, on average 10 per week plus sew my own clothes and make dolls and bears. My last machine went for 43 years so it is a tad early for me to say if this machine is a stayer, it has another 42.5 years to go. So far it has done all that i have asked of it. Sews layers of denim just as easily as chiffon so that is good. Some drawbacks, do not like stitching for the buttonholes, the screw on plate is difficult to get to and i can foresee that the dial for changing stitches will not last. Plus side, not computerised.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Missy Moo

Missy MooPerth, WA

23 years old and hasn't missed a beat!!!

Date PurchasedJan 1997

Grams2

Grams2Central, SA

Best sewing machine ever made.

I bought my sewing machine about 14yrs ago. I have never had a problem with it. it gets serviced every 2 years. It has been through house moves, changing rooms, and it still never goes wrong. My mothers machine as soon as you move it the tension is out, its done this from the day she bought it. This is a perfect sewing machine that can be for a beginner to an experienced sewer.

Date PurchasedApr 2002

15 years going strong!

Date PurchasedMay 2000

mirapj

mirapjHunter Region, NSW

Great little machine

I use this machine for my smaller sewing jobs. Great for taking up jeans as it has a free arm.
Very reliable and serviced regularly I would recommend this machine to my students. It is a great machine With 18 built in stitches and does buttonholes beautifully. Another wonderful Janome product.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Georgiana

GeorgianaVIC, 3461

So far, so good

I will admit to being nervous about using a Janome, but so far it's very good. I'd like to update in 12 months as I have only had this machine for a week. The organisation of it is very well thought out, with the storage of tools etc on board the machine. It's nice to close it up and have no dust getting in. As it has a metal frame, it is solid and doesn't jump around like some other machines I've heard about. I've sewn denim and it was ok. My Bernina 1005 is still stronger machine for that kind of thing, and faster. I'm not used to sewing at the slower rate (I might need an industrial machine!) however, this was all I could afford.

I purchased it as a package deal with the overlocker 8002DX. Check out my review on that!

Karen

KarenDarling Downs, QLD

Lovely sturdy machine

I bought this for myself in April 2015 and used it for making dog coats. I broke 4 Singer machines before buying this and it hasn't missed a beat, even though im rough on it and break needles regularly. It hasn't lost it's tension settings, even though I be seen multiple layers of canvas and wadding. I'm now doing quilting on it and making handbags.

Perfect! Never misses a beat

I have my machine for 18 years ... And it is amazing and I have never ever had a problem. Highly recommended

fathima

fathimaSydney, NSW

i luv it!

I had this machine for 3 months now, bought this machine after reading all the reviews here ( thank you guys) I luv this machine it runs very smooth and perfect. easy to learn, very understandable manual. great machine.i even cover stitch using twin needle, but the problem with twin needle is as there is only one spool holder the threads get tangled, I think I have to buy twin spool holder for that problem.
liked everything about it
nothing wrong

I love it!!

I've had my machine for 21 years and it's never been one bit of trouble. Its going for its first service tomorrow as i noticed it was full of dust when i removed the foot plate to remove a piece of snagged thread I'm not worried, she'll be fine! I'd recommend a New Home Janome to anyone!
It is so easy to use and very reliable

Brendan7

Brendan7North West, QLD

Good to know that quality still exists

I have had my machine for about a month now and i'm impressed with it's features and it's build quality, it's easy to use and understand. it's also very strong and not all plastic construction like some brands. i would recommend the brand to anyone wanting a quality machine at the right price
inexpensive,excellent quality and well designed

Geno
Geno

I've had my Janome My Excel 18W for 20 years and it has been perfect up until today when the motor has gone and it needs replacing. Am considering replacing with the same model as it was such a good work horse.

Solid, reliable sewing beast!!

Lovely all metal body which sews like a dream. Very user friendly for advanced and beginnner sewers. I would buy this machine over and over.
Very reliable, Metal body, easy to do button holes. Love this machine.
Sometimes thread snaps (oh well)