7BA00240, 7BA00240D

Very disappointing for the price

I use blenders all the time to make soups and mayonnaise chiefly.
I have had braun blenders and philips, which usually last about 4 or 5 years - and when the last one packed up I thought I would buy a bamix, expecting that it would last much longer. 2 years on it has just stopped working - and I was already disappointed with its performance, which I would say was worse than my previous ones which cost about 1/4 the price.
Avoid!

Purchased in September 2018.

Not A Domestic Goddess

Not A Domestic GoddessSydney Surrounds, NSW

Overrated - at least the recent models are ...

Malou

MalouSydney, NSW

Bamix is the best stick Blender

I bought a Bamix 33 years ago, in fact in December, 1985! It is still working perfectly, the only problem I have now is that I cannot change the attachment. So I am thinking of buying a replacement. Bamix of course. I recommended it to my friends and they are all happy with it.

Purchased in December 1985 at David Jones Retail Stores for $125.00.

Long life

I bought a Bamix blender 30 years ago and it has only just stopped working. It stopped because I dropped into a sink full of water.
I would recommend to anyone as they are strong, reliable and easy to use.

Date PurchasedFeb 1998
Wolffsgirl

WolffsgirlADELAIDE

Its a really good stickblender

Date PurchasedApr 2018

So disappointing wish I had bought a Braun

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Stassi L

Stassi LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Couldn't live without it!!

So disappointing!!!!

Always fancied a Bamix given all the hype around how it can do this and that and will last a lifetime being such great quality etc so got one from Lakeland and found it was a total disappointment blending soup leaving unblended bits in it. Maybe if I had persisted and spent 30 minutes I would have got the consistency I required but hey ho there are more interesting things to do in life. Took it back and got a refund from good old Lakeland. Gone back to my old Chef Tony stick blender which whizzes through the soup blending it to a smooth consistency in seconds.
Don't understand how Bamix have got so stuck in the past.

Don't Fool Yourself With All The Good Reviews

I bought it because of the amount of positive reviews and I had to write something here because it is so disappointing, the Bamix blender is totally useless. I had one from tesco before for 10 pounds and it worked much better. The Bamix have everything you don't need, it is not practical (the end doesn't separate so you have difficulty to wash it) it doesn't blend properly, last time it took me almost 30 minutes to make a houmous from cheackpeas. I have now a Braun and it is another world. So Bamix, I don't know if they write the review themselves but never more!

sunray55

sunray55sydney

Okay..

I don't think it is worth the money, I have only had it a short time and already need to spend more money on a spare part. They are so small that I must have thrown it in the bin with peelings. Also the blades in the blender seem to require a fare bit if volume before it begins grinding to a decent consistency and nevr reaches the consistency I require with spices and coffee beans etc.
Oct 2015 and need another part...
acessibility
grinder not sufficient

foodie70

foodie70AU

So very disappointed

My Favourite in the Kitchen by Far!!!!

My mum bought me a second-hand bamix (with stand & grinder dish) over 10 years ago at a garage sale for $40!! It is the most awesome little appliance and I use it many times a day!! It is extremely powerful, takes a couple of seconds to clean (literally), makes everything easy and has never given me an ounce of trouble. When I go on holidays, it goes in my suitcase and comes with me!!!. I make my own fresh almond milk with it, delicious smoothies, grind nuts, dips, sauces etc. etc. I hope it never dies!!!
Pros: Small - stays on my bench in stand, fast & easy to clean, powerful

melzazky

melzazkyAU

Best kitchen investment

Josie_9

Josie_9New South Wales

gisellen

gisellenNSW, 2228

Swissline 7BA00240

Is there a difference in the 200w Chill n grill bamix, the 200w bamix in the big box set, and the 200w bamix in the cake box set? ie. in stick length, stick metal composition and coating, cord length?

Swissline 7BA00240

Is the stick chrome plated on the 200w Bamix same as on the professional 350w gastro Bamix?

Swissline 7BA00240

I need help choosing the benchtop stand. Is it better to get the wide stand ( that leans backwards and holds the grinder on the back); or get the narrow upright stand which takes less space?
Also, l really wanted the Bamix bake box, but it’s not sold here. Can anyone tell me if the cake recipe book is good, worth waiting for, or are the recipes inside the same as those on the website? Can a Bamix rep. tell me if/when it will be sold again? I hoped for mother’s day.

See all Bamix Swissline 7BA00240 questions