Good picture quality
Easy to set up
High sound clarity
Prone to glitching
Sometimes not responsive
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Good Tv missing the bells and whistles
really like the guts of this tv screen and picture is really clear and give you the best quality options for a cheaper price - once you get into the the extras is where it lacks not being able to connect to apps and little extra's that youd expect from a smart tv - has standard options with netflix youtube etc just lacking - all round a quality tv with good sound and picture quality so far!
Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI for $500.00.
Ok for the price
I'll try and keep it short. Here is what is great about this TV:
- The picture quality can be absolutely great BUT you must feed it a high definition signal. I hardly ever watch commercial TV and almost exclusively use this TV to watch streaming services. If your streaming service provides an Ultra HD feed (you may need a premium account for that), this TV's picture quality is fantastic.
- Great picture quality if you connect a PC to the TV via an HDMI cable. Truly amazing.
- The built in Chromecast is a great feature.
- Android TV as the oper...
Purchased in February 2021 at ALDI for $669.00.
Unavailable the second it when on sale
Refreshed the second it went online and immediatly was out of stock. This should have never been advertised. Bought av equipment before hand for this and now can't use. Disappointing.
Was not available to purchase online
Tried to buy it online as aldi said it would be available today at 8:30am and it was not available I dont understand this as all people that tried to buy it could not buy it why advertise you can buy it online if no one can buy it?
Purchased in July 2021 at ALDI for $1,200.00.
Don't waste your money
Just over the 12month warranty and tv is glitchy. Will turn on, can't change tv station or to Netflix/YouTube. Tv will go from being on with sound and picture to a grey/black screen with sound then 30seconds later to just a grey/black screen. Aldo won't do anything as it has just passed the warranty period. $800 and expected it to work for longer than that..
Prior to glitching, we had no real issues with the tv
Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for $800.00.
Glitchy and Doesn’t connect to wifi well
Has been super glitchy from the start and has problems every day connecting to the internet, it will always so ‘connected, no internet’ when connected to my wifi (all other devices work perfectly on the wifi). Would recommend spending that bit extra and getting a quality TV elsewhere
Purchased in January 2021.
Fantastic tv for the price..have had no issues since we bought it. Picture quality not 100% but otherwise very good for the value of the set. We use all the apps that come with tv, jusy a pity we can't download any more.
Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $599.00.
To the person who said chrome cast can’t be used, mine works perfectly well with chrome cast . It’s been connected from the day I plugged the tv in. I have three apps that I use and have Netflix and you tube. Never had a problem with it.
Purchased in June 2020.
Brought this TV and started having issues with turning on or changing channels. This happened 2 months out of warranty. Got a new remote thinking it might be that but wasn't and to repair cost may as well buy new TV. Will never buy this brand again. Purchased from aldi $700
Worst TV on the face of the earth and the worst customer service and warranty that anyone could ever imagine
Massive issue with the colour and the only way to fix it which does not work every time is to turn the TV off at the PowerPoint and redo it all over again
Purchased for $700.00.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Great for a week
1 week old and the screen is now just flickering off and freezing up. Unwatchable.
It was great for the week it worked though.
I'll be taking it back.
Love Also for the groceries, maybe not the TVs
Purchased in May 2021 at ALDI for $500.00.
Value for money
I recieved this as a gift. I have found it to work perfectly with no problems at all, makes a great TV for the bedroom when kids watch their shows on the family TV. Absolutely recommend this product.
Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $500.00.
Great value for money
This is a good TV. You get what you pay for, picture quality is good, sound quality is ok at fraction of the price of the big name brands. We never had any trouble with this TV & we’ve had it for about 3 years now.
Purchased in September 2018.
Bought one day taken back the next
LG Operating system was very impressive, remote has on screen cursor function and generally easy to follow. That's on the positive side. First issue HDMI functions started to flicker, not related to 4G mobile towers, I have a filter on the Digital TV amp, disconnected antenna, turned of lights and any othe possible source of interference. Still flickering, more frequently as time went on. Then full screen white out. Back to Free to Air viewing, all fine, images are good to very good on Digital. Next day showing visiting family the HDMI issues, now problems on web based services, coloured grid patterns, freezing on screen on FTA and web TV channels. Back to ALDI for a full refund no questions asked.
Purchased in April 2021 at ALDI for $569.00.
As others mentioned this is not a smart tv
This picture quality is the only good thing about this TV.
The rest is poor including sound not sinking with video.
The smart apps either don't work or crash.
Netflix cannot load from the installed web browser.
what a disappointing experience this tv has been.
you are lucky its no longer for sail.
Purchased in December 2016.
Questions & Answers
Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives
- The current ALDI Bauhn 4K Ultra HD is the 82” webOS Smart TV.
- 4K has 4 times the resolution of Full HD, giving it excellent picture clarity.
- It has a “Magic Remote”, that lets you make voice requests to instantly open your favourite streaming app, ask for movie and TV recommendations, and control your TV.
- The TV lets you conveniently manage all of the smart devices you have connected on the home dashboard - you can easily manage your soundbars, home appliances, and storage devices on the one screen.
- A simple Electronic Program Guide lets you browse and schedule your favourite channels, as well as record episodes to enjoy later.
Points of praise:
- According to most reviewers, the TVs in the ALDI Bauhn 4K Ultra HD range had good picture quality.
- They also found that they were quick and easy to set up.
- Reviewers also appreciated the good sound quality - some of these reviewers used an additional sound bar, and some didn’t.
Points of pain:
- Reviewers found that these TVs were prone to glitching after a while. They reported issues ranging from flickering or frozen screens, smart apps crashing or taking a long time to load to sometimes not being able to switch between channels.
- They also said that the TVs weren’t very responsive to the remote, and they sometimes lagged.
|Category||4K Ultra HD TVs||4K Ultra HD TVs||4K Ultra HD TVs||4K Ultra HD TVs|
|Type of TV||HDR Compatible and Smart TV||HDR Compatible and Smart TV|
|Number of HDMI Ports||3||3||4||2|
|Number of USB Ports||2||2||2||2|
|Weight||41.4 kg||24 kg||10.63 kg|
|Dimensions (without stand)||1054 x 1833 x 76 mm||853 x 1463 x 80 mm||655 x 1125 x 84 mm|
|Dimensions (with stand)||1124 x 1833 x 3379 mm||918 x 1463 x 325 mm||707 x 1125 x 280 mm|
|Special Buy Dates|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)||1 year(s)|
|Release date||July 2021||Mar 2019||Sept 2018||July 2019|
|Discontinuation date||July 2021||Apr 2019||July 2019|
|Manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual, manual 2 and manual 3||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual and manual 2||Download manual and manual 2||Download manual||Download manual and manual 2||Download manual||Download manual and manual 2||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual|
Other 4K Ultra HD TVs
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.